Which program would you want started for the Divas

What would be the best new Divas program as I've described?

• Diva MITB briefcase

• Divas Tag Team Titles

• Diva Royal Rumble match, winner gets a diva title shot at Mania

• A brand new Divas Television Title. A 2nd tier title for them.

• ALL of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heartbreak_Kid_707

Championship Contender
Its simple. Would you rather see the divas get the yearly MITB briefcase deal?

Or start a regular Divas tag titles division

Or at the Royal Rumble ppv to have a Divas royalties Rumble match where the winner gets a ticket for the belt at wrestle mania?

Or start like a television title belt for Divas so they have a second their belt to fight for?

Thoughts?

How about they start from firing all who can't wrestle and only waste time? You know, building respectable division, like they did in NXT, and then start some programs for them.
After all i will better watch Eva Maria in Brazzers videos, than her trying to wrestle.

I voted for Divas Royal Rumble match where the winner gets title shot at Wrestlemania....
All other options are too unrealistic to happen accounting the stale booking of WWE divas... It should be booked strongly if it really happened and should really show the real "Divas Revolution"....

How about they start from firing all who can't wrestle and only waste time? You know, building respectable division, like they did in NXT, and then start some programs for them.
After all i will better watch Eva Maria in Brazzers videos, than her trying to wrestle.

Exactly! I totally agree with you... WWE should release Eva Marie, Cameron, Rosa Mendes, Brie Bella and others who cant wrestle..... and also learn the booking style of this division from nXt......
Still my hopes arenot high from Vince & Co. :shrug:

Actually none of the choices seem to make any sense as the WWE doesn't know how to book the women properly. You had three good female wrestlers debut in the last few months, and it turned out to be a Diva's Revolution, but without a smoking gun.

Sasha Banka and Becky Lynch, who can both go in the ring, have almost been treated as afterthoughts. Naomi another good wrestler has been totally wasted in a horrendous heel turn. Paige is well Paige, and the Bella's are still the Bella's.

The only one they really focused on was Charlotte and as much as I like her hasn't had a great title run so far. There aren't enough girls to make tag teams, and wrestlers like Alicia Fox and Tamina are just there to well just be there, they do nothing.

So I can't see a tag team division for the Diva's, shit it took them a couple of years just to get one going with the men. Having a MITB would be predictable. No new titles, unless Blaze and Paige get into it and they unify the Women's Championship and the Diva's title. And there aren't enough Diva's to have any sort of Royal Rumble match. Besides if Sasha Banks or Becky Lynch didn't win, you'd have the same thing happen like you did when Bryan wasn't put in.

I like the suggestion that someone else made about totally restarting the division and building it up like they did in NXT. Problem there is, a couple of the Diva's right now would really have to learn to wrestle, Brie Bella I'm looking at you, or send those that can't back to NXT to learn.

The Divas Money In The Bank Ladder match, and the Divas Money In The Bank briefcase, which contains a shot at the WWE Divas Championship Title Belt, would be great!! It would add the element of surprise in the Divas division.

The Divas Tag Team Championship Title Belts would be great!! It would add meaning to the Divas Tag Team matches and make pairings more meaningful. This is something the Bella Twins should have introduced.

The Divas Royal Rumble match, where the winner gets a shot at the WWE Divas Championship Title Belt at WrestleMania would be great!! I’d love to see 30 women go to the ring one at a time, in 1 or 2 minute intervals, throwing each other through the ropes.

The brand new Divas Television Championship Title Belt, used as the Divas mid-card Championship Title Belt would be great!! The Divas TV Title could be used as a great way to see who’s next, much like the Intercontinental and United States Championships were in the old World Wrestling Federation and National Wrestling Alliance days.

All of these great things would need a show…a 2 hour show…titled Total Divas. I say cut Raw down to 2 hours and change Total Divas to a Divas half Wrestling / half reality show.

I chose MITB but from an idea I had on another thread I would combine it with a royal rumble.

The division isn't strong enough for a tag team division as well as singles division.

I would have divas rumble, not battle royal, but like the royal rumble. Not sure the divas could hold a ladder match to be honest. A rumble (90 second entries) allows the option to establish storylines going forward then the MITB can add another storyline as well.

As of right now, I can't say that any of them hold any real appeal for me. It might be because it all feels much too soon, at least in my mind, to be considering any of those programs and rushing head long into something before the division is genuinely geared for it with all the necessary female talent could cause a lot more harm than good.

A Diva MITB match is something I can see happening a few years down the road if women's wrestling keeps the relevance its had on the main roster the past several months.

A Divas Tag Team Championship should only happen when there's a significant increase in the number of women on the main roster and only if it really makes sense. Creating a championship just for the sake of giving someone a belt to carry around for a while is most definitely not what the Divas' Division needs and this also isn't something that I don't see happening for a few more years.

A Diva Royal Rumble match is the least appealing of the ideas to me because I can't say that I've ever been overly impressed with female battle royals. For instance, the women are eliminated if they're thrown through the ropes rather than over the top, there also aren't enough viable contenders or simple numbers to make it worth having a battle royal. Again, it's much too soon for this to even be considered, in my opinion, because the overall talent level isn't really there and the only way for that to change is with the passage of time. In a few more years, then there'll be a lot more of the NXT feel among the women on the main roster as there'll be a lot more women having come up from NXT; as of right now, there are still too many of the old guard, too many remnants from the bad old days, on the main roster to make this all that appealing.

A secondary Divas title has the same trouble right now as a tag team title in that, right now, it'd just feel like creating a title just so that someone could carry around a belt for a while.

I've always thought that it would be fun to have a sort of Queen of the Ring contest. Of course you'd run the risk of someone like Brie Bella being the inaugural Queen, which would give Dagr a heart attack and no one wants that.

All that aside though, it would be a great way to spread out the influx of talent recently brought to the main roster that are twiddling their thumbs waiting for a championship spot to open. As members of the IWC we can't help but to think of the worst case scenario first, but imagine Sasha vs. Becky in the final match. Who wouldn't want a boss as a queen? :cool:

Of course you can look at the current KotR and see he's not being pushed to the moon, but at least he has something besides an accent to hold on to. The same can be done for divas like Nattie and Becky who don't seem to be anywhere near a title opportunity, but it still gives them something to do. The champion could enter but whoever she's feuding with should cost her her qualifying match and vice versa, then the winner could effectively win some sort of MITB contract at the end if needed. Which I guess would cause for a stipulation that if the champion were to win she could handpick her next opponent. Though I don't think the champion should hold both titles, just for the sake of spreading the talent out.

None of that crap. Just give them more television time, build storylines within the divas, maybe have 2 stories going on, but it seems unlikely since they can't even maintain 1 story with the divas.. They have maybe 3 divas on the roster worth watching and 1 of them is out with an injury, Paige, Charlotte and Nikki... I can't see them doing anything like that, it wouldn't grab the fans attention... Even now the crowd seems dead during every divas segment, or they're chanting for someone else or buying food and merchandise. Majority of fans aren't invested in these woman because they know WWE doesn't care about them.. If WWE doesn't care about them, why should the fans?

From best to worst out of the ideas in this poll....

1. Divas Royal Rumble
The best and only idea in the poll that has a chance of succeeding at this time. As I stated in the other topic pertaining to this as a potential match.... It could work, but only if they allowed the NXT divas entry and invite roughly half a dozen legends/alumni back for the match. That gets us to the 30 that a traditional Rumble has. The winner gets the Divas Championship shot at Wrestlemania. Sure, why not? It couldn't hurt WWE to try it and fans would surely enjoy seeing some of the legends/alumni making their appearances just like the surprise returns in the mens' Rumble.

2. Mrs Money In The Bank
This is the 2nd best idea in the poll. How it would succeed or not depends on how the WWE would go about it. The divas division is not at the point where they could handle a traditional Money In The Bank Ladder match. It's too chaotic and dangerous. Even if the competitors were Paige, Charlotte, Sasha, Becky Lynch, Natalya, and Bayley, it may be too large of a risk. It would be better to do an elimination Battle Royal or have them pick male midcarders to represent them in a traditional Money In The Bank Ladder match where both the midcarder and the diva who picked him get a briefcase out of it for the angle. This would of course result in three different briefcases. A red or gold one for the World Heavyweight Championship, a blue one for either the United States or Intercontinental Championship, and a pink or purple one for the Divas Championship.

3. Divas Tag Team Championship
Absolutely not. Do you really want to see The Bella Twins hold these titles hostage forever? I guarantee that's what happens if this division is ever created. As much as I'd like to see Charlotte and Becky Lynch win a set of tag team titles together, it's not worth it whatsoever.

4. Divas Secondary Title
The worst idea on the poll. Why would you create a new secondary title when the primary Divas Championship is already regarded as a joke? If they were to have two titles they should bring back the classic Womens Championship or demote the Divas Championship to be the secondary one. Create a new golden belt with a pink or red strap for the girls who can actually wrestle as the main title while the Total Divas can feud over the butterfly belt that no one likes as the secondary title. The division's not in a place where more than one divas belt is needed anyway.

These could have worked during the Trish/Lita period, but not now. The Divas don't have a drawing card, someone people want to see. Sadly, the closest thing they have is the Bella Twins, but the "Bella Army" seems to be made up of Total Divas fans while wrestling fans just want them to go away and never come back.

There was talk a few years ago of having a Divas Tag Team title, but since it was the Bellas who wanted it, fans wrote it off as "oh, they just want a title for themselves". There are enough women for a women's tag team division, but knowing WWE, they'd screw it up and fans would lose interest in it in about 6 months.

There's no real need for a secondary women's singles title. Even the IC and US titles serve very little purpose in today's WWE, where the world champion is at every show.

WWE wouldn't give them enough time on a card to do a "Divas Royal Rumble", but they might do a regular battle royal, with the winner getting a title shot at WrestleMania (I can't remember the last time they had the Women's/Divas Champion defend the title at WrestleMania).

They probably won't do a Divas MITB ladder match either, mainly because they don't think the women could take the high-risk bumps necessary to make it work.

None of that crap. Just give them more television time, build storylines within the divas, maybe have 2 stories going on, but it seems unlikely since they can't even maintain 1 story with the divas.. They have maybe 3 divas on the roster worth watching and 1 of them is out with an injury, Paige, Charlotte and Nikki... I can't see them doing anything like that, it wouldn't grab the fans attention... Even now the crowd seems dead during every divas segment, or they're chanting for someone else or buying food and merchandise. Majority of fans aren't invested in these woman because they know WWE doesn't care about them.. If WWE doesn't care about them, why should the fans?

And how do you propose they build storylines without any of the options I asked? As soon as they try to start a storyline like with Paige and Charlotte ads the main event they get slammefd. So again I ask why none of the options as a viable option? ESPECIALLY to keep a #1 contender?

Just because your not serious about the divas division doesn't mean noons else is.

And how do you propose they build storylines without any of the options I asked?

I'd propose they do it the normal way, with Diva's having legitimate feuds and storylines that don't automatically revolve around them being women. It's doable, with the right time and effort, and we're closer than ever to getting that amount of time and effort invested.

As to the options, I only see two of them being valid.

- The Diva's Rumble Match:

It could work. Probably not at the Royal Rumble PPV, but maybe Fast Lane. It would have to be smaller, 10 or 15 divas, because there just aren't that many diva's on the roster. Maybe twenty would be possible, but that would be pushing it. I like the idea of setting up a divas feud for Mania though. It guarantees the division something going into the biggest show of the year.

- The MitB for Divas:

Again, it could work in a reduced capacity. I don't know that every diva could handle the match type, and those that could would essentially need to work it every year, assuming an annual match, until more divas with the versatility and resilience required for the match got trained. This is one choice that I could see happening in a year or two, but not 2016. Too soon. Maybe 2017, and again, under the right circumstances.

I already posted at decent length my opinions on a Diva's Tag Team division. It mathematically makes no sense in the near future as it would take a division struggling for direction and spread it so thin it would fall apart. Still, it would be a better option than a secondary Diva's title. Why would that be necessary? Fans already see most divas in 2 categories: those who can work a good match and those who can't. Would this belt be for the ones who can't? If so, I'm not interested.

I know that's not what you had in mind, but the Diva's title is already an afterthought in comparison to every other title in the WWE, and it has been since Trish's retirement match, as that's the last match I can recall where the Women's Title meant something (I know, different belts, but they're synonymous in the WWE's eyes). Adding a second tier belt to a title struggling for relevance only splits the focus even further. That's a step in the wrong direction.

Aside from the quality of wrestling being better, one thing that's different about the NXT women's division and the main rosters is that there are multiple programs/angles with the women in NXT. A few weeks ago you had Nia Jax squashing jobbers, Alexa Bliss vs Bayley, Emma and Dana vs Asuka, and Eva Marie returning.

Meanwhile you have just Charlotte/Paige on the main roster with the other women being afterthoughts. One of the main problems is the main-roster division being significantly much more smaller and therefore we'll just end up seeing the same women fight over and over again.

As a previous poster said, I think they should build storylines within the divas and have more than just one story going on. It's entirely possible as WWE has 2 shows and 5 hours of TV time a week. I think the best option is the Rumble. While it may not have as many exciting spots as the MiTB, it can definitely be the most interesting. With the small roster, they'd have to end up putting some of the NXT women in it and even bring in some of the legends/alum, which could lead to some very nice surprises and could build some feuds and make the championship match at WM really seem important.

I'd love a diva's money in the bank but it's also incredibly dangerous and risky, and the main-roster doesn't have enough talent in both numbers and quality to make for a decent tag-division and/or a secondary title.

I'm surprised that a Queen of the Ring Tournament wasn't mentioned along side the Divas Rumble and Mrs. Money In The Bank.

Look, here's what needs to happen for any of this to matter. You've got to get the divas over. The way to do that is through angles. You need to have compelling angles the fans can get involved with. For that to happen you need compelling characters. For that to happen you need to let the divas express themselves honestly. For that to happen you need to cut down on the larger creative restrictions placed on wrestlers. For that to happen you need a major shift in mentality regarding writing and booking.

Having cute gimmick matches and adding titles isn't a real solution, the problems are much more systemic.

I think all these ideas could work. If they did a battle Royaal of course they'd have to lower the number of competitors. But I think the MITB briefcase is something that could be started tomorrow.

I like the Divas MITB idea but they would have to get more women. All the good ones on the roster:paige Charlotte Becky Sasha Nikki Naomi

That's 6 so I guess they can do it but only one time and who would be the champion? I'd like to see them bring in more awesome women wrestlers for it to be interesting if they did it. This would have been cool if they had this roster mixed with Gail Kim, Mickie, Laycool, Beth Phoenix, and Natalya though

Well you still have Natalya, Alicia fox isn't bad, Bayley and Asuka will be called up shortly. That's bout it though. Start booking Tamina strongly. I think before 2016 is half over they will dump a boat load of money to AJ and Punk and you'll have her back. But they are thin right now.

I definitely don't think there is the need for a secondary title or tag-team titles for the Divas, the division just isn't strong enough to make them worthwhile. That's the reason I don't think a Divas Royal Rumble would work. Unless WWE went out and hired a hell of a lot more female wrestlers, they just don't have the strength in depth.

A MITB briefcase could be an interesting idea, perhaps as a 1 off tournament rather than an annual event. The MITB concept was a great idea when it was introduced but has become a lazy way for WWE to book a title change, rather than building a feud properly.

The main thing I want is for WWE to push Becky Lynch and give her the Divas Title. She's so talented and deserves her run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back