NXT Invasion Pt.2 : Divas Edition

BestInTheWorldv2

Dark Match Jobber
Okay, so im a long time reader of these forums so bear with my idea, and let me know your thoughts.
So lets get to it....

Picture it... Summerslam, Nikki Bella vs Natalya for the divas title, and as Nikki is about to retain AGAIN, Paige comes down the ramp and heads to the ring to distract Nikki. As Nikki's attention is now on Paige we see four other divas jump the barricade, Emma, Becky Lynch, Charlotte and Sasha Banks.
As they circle the ring Charlotte chops Brie on the outside and throws her into the steps violently.
The divas then turn their attention to the divas champion and just like the nexus did with Cena, these divas attack the cornered champion.

The difference between this invasion and the nexus invasion would be that instead of the divas destroying the wwe set, they destroy Nikki and then Natalya in the ring with their moveset.

The next night on Raw the five divas in the middle of the ring explain their actions. Paige going along the lines of....
"The divas in the ring with me dont see eye to eye all the time, but the respect we have for one another's abililty in this ring is too strong for us not to group and start this much need change, this much needed chance for divas who should be given a chance to shine and not handed opportunites we dont deserve time and time again we are here to showcase hot divas with great wrestling talent"

Then the bellas would come out and retaliate with how paige has been given opportunites at the title and how Charlottes only here because of her daddy and blah blah blah

In the end Paige would say "This is the beggining of change, this is the revolution" They would call themselves "The Revolution"

I haven't given much thought about how the NXT divas division would continue or where the story goes on from here but i do know it ends with a couple of the NXT divas movin up to the main roster turning on each other down the line for a shot at the divas title.
Also the dead weight divas that cant put on a good quality matches taking a back seat.

Which could change the perception of the Divas division, which i believe has so much potential to be no longer referred to by some as "the bathroom break"

In my opinion this is the most captivating way to rejuvinate this division by having the future backbone of the division being introduced like this

Thoughts :icon_smile: ........

It's not a bad idea, but that won't work with the divas. Not only it is giving them way too much exposure, it will make that division more talked about than the WWE Title picture... Not that it's a terrible thing, WWE won't allow that to happen.

It still seems very similar to the Nexus angle, WWE can be more original than that if they want to rejuvenate the divas division, and what does that do for the woman's division in NXT? They'll all be on the main roster. Debuting them all at once is a bad idea. That's the 4 top woman in NXT.

And honestly, i don't think most of the divas could pull that off... They're decent workers but giving them a huge angle like that, i have a feeling they'll fall flat on their face..

Given Paige's promos about making change, I actually thought we would see Charlotte help Paige win the title at MITB setting up a tag match at SS between the teams. That would have been the start of The NZT divas being brought up.
JMO but I think only Charlotte and Sasha are main brand ready so I am not sure a full invasion would work

I honestly have been thinking as well that we're bound to see some form of NXT Divas being called up soon. After NXT Unstoppable it seemed inevitable. I don't think an NXT Faction would work because if Paige wins title and leads faction nothing happens, but perhaps incorporate them into the show more, and from there a NXT Diva vs Main Roster match could happen.

Eh....Not a fan of the idea. I really do enjoy the NXT Divas division and what at least two of the main roster Divas showed they could do given decent time last night at MITB. However; flooding the main roster will ultimayely decrease their in ring time. Also, WWE had already used the name Revolution

This is possible i feel something is coming with the current NXT divas (Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Bayley) referring to themselves as the 4horsewomen. it is very possible that an invasion type occurs before or after SummerSlam

Seeing as how Raw went tonight with Paige trying to recruit the main roster Diva's on her side and not having any lucky I can see this scenario playing out in some regard. I think they will have the Bella twins pull their twin magic for another week or two and then at a Raw or Smackdown Paige FINALLY gets some help from another Diva an NXT diva

This idea sounds amazing on paper, but there is one massive problem with it. If Emma, Becky Lynch, Charlotte and Sasha Banks all join Paige in this angle it leaves the NXT divas roster without a good portion of its talent. Sure they'd still have Bayley and Blue Pants but most of the other divas in NXT still need some training. Who is going to fill the void that Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks would leave if they got promoted at the same time as Charlotte? Not Alexa Bliss (yet) or Dana Brooke (although she has potential), and definitely not Carmella because she SUCKS! The only one who should be getting promoted anytime soon is Charlotte.

It'd be better for Charlotte to join Paige and two other divas who'd fit in well, the ones who can actually work a good match. Natalya, Emma, and Summer Rae came to mind, but WWE messed that up by having everyone walk out on Paige when The Bellas showed up after that backstage promo. I'd rather they wait and promote the NXT divas as the need for a main roster spot to be filled happens. Charlotte's clearly ready. Sasha and Becky should remain at the top of the NXT divas division a little longer. No need to ruin the better division by sticking its top girls all up on the main roster together when it would be better to wait. Time and proper booking will fix the Raw divas division. Rushing a group of talented divas up together risks bad booking ruining everything for all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back