Which current African-American wrestler will win a world title first?

For months now WWE chairmen Vince McMahon has stated to his creative writers, agents, and others backstage of the company that he wants a african-american wrestler as a top star for the WWE and eventully become a main event player who (hopefully) wins a world championship. So far there has only been two world champions in the whole history of the WWE. The Rock (if you choose to call him blacK?) and Booker T aka "King Booker".

So which african-american WWE superstar will reach that goal for the gold and make the WWE history books??? Shelton Benjamin's gone after eight long years. Let's take a good look...

From RAW:

R-Truth-Great on the mic! Has good ring skills, gets over with the WWE universe. And had a mid-card title for a hot minute (the U.S. strap literily). Has a bright future!

Mark Henry-Size, power, the WWE look & build. OKay on the stick but not 100%. Has been with the company for 14 years.

From Smackdown:

Kofi Kingston-ENTERTAINING! Pure worker! Great on the mic, great in-ring skills with a little chain wrestling thrown in. And gets over with the WWE universe.

MVP-Good wrestler and worker, but has been losted in the WWE mid-card shuffle for some reason besides his age. Gets a good reaction as a face or a heel.

JTG-Looking like another D'Lo Brown life after Cryme Tyme!

Shad-Who knows? When big Shad returns from training in FCW he's suppose to return on Smackdown as a MONSTER heel. Hmmm???

From Nexus:

David Otunga-Has the "it" factor but that's it.

Michael Tarver-Crappy in the ring!

I'm not being racial. But me being a african-american male whose a fan of wrestling. I would love to see a black wrestler win a world title belt before John Cena wins atlease three more! I remember what Teddy Long said on "WWE Legends Roundtable" (on demand cable), about when Ron Simmons first won the WCW championship (from Vader at the great american bash) that it was like how african-americans felt the night when Barack Obama became our first black president of these united states. Now that's deep!

But my question is who will win it first in the future and who will help continue to raise that bar in wrestling period?

I respect what you are saying but you have to be careful with how you say it. Too many people throw the "African American" tag on black people when they may not be from Africa whatsoever.

For example, Dave Mathews from the Dave Mathews Band is one of the only white members of his band and ironically he's the only "African American" in the group. The other black members have relatives that are from Jamaica or other areas that are not in Africa.

That being said - I wish Shelton Benjamin were still around because he'd be the only one I'd want in there so far.

Mark Henry has no chance. He's way past his prime. R-Truth and MVP are annoying and actually use stereotypes of blacks as their gimmicks.

Kofi Kingston isn't that bad. I would probably say him out of the group you mentioned.

I'm certainly not racist either by any means. Just being honest. Unfortunately, the blacks in WWE are a much smaller sample size so disliking what you think is only a few of them could lead to not liking almost all of them that are in WWE. There are a significant amount of white wrestlers I can't stand either. It has absolutely nothing to do with the color of their skin. That's what I'll never understand. How skin color has anything to do with anything at all. People who think otherwise are bafoons. It's the personality and morals of the individual that should be looked at if you're going to look at anything at all.

But I'm sorry, two black guys in a tag team called "Crime Time", another black guy screaming "Whas Up" over and over, and MVP shooting jump shots down the walk way among other cliche's should be a travesty to most black people.

This is my opinion anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back