Where were you when...

JGlass

Unregistered User
Where were you when you heard about 9/11, and where were you when you heard about Osama Bin Laden being killed?

9/11- I was in 6th grade, walking on my way from math to English, and my friend went up to me and told me that a plane hit the twin towers. I didn't believe him so I asked my teacher, and she said it was true. At that point, I thought it was just a little prop plane, but by lunch time we all knew that it was much, MUCH bigger. An announcement came on that told us that there was an attack against the United States, but that everything was under control. I remember all the parents that were picking up their kids walked up to the school as if that made some sort of difference, and when I got home I watched the news for hours.

Bin Laden's death- I just finished watching Extreme Rules at D-Man's house when he flipped the channel from Extreme Rules to the news, and right on the bottom in big red letters it said OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD. Everyone was just sort of talking and didn't notice, but D-Man grabbed NorCal and yelled something along the lines of, "HOLY SHIT BRO, BIN LADEN'S DEAD!" There was a split second of silence, some cheering, and then more stunned silence as everyone gathered around the TV. Then NorCal broke the silence by jumping around like a nut all excited, and nobody could blame him as NorCal's mood quickly spread. Everyone checked their phones and facebooks to see how many people were buzzing about it, and apparently we were behind, but nobody cared. Everyone was just so happy that Osama is dead.

It's nothing short of amazing to me that so much has changed between these two monumental events in American history. I was so young I could barely comprehend what was going on during 9/11. I remember hearing a rumor that the White House was on fire and believing it. Now I'm 21, and I not only fully understand the gravity of the situation, but I can appreciate the joyous occasion that this moment has brought to my country. We've seen a black man elected president, democracy reach the Middle East, we've seen John Cena take the WWE by storm... but seriously, we have all seen a terrific event in history take place tonight, and it's important that we all remember.

9/11 -- I was a junior in high school, in an art class. Watched the television instead of class work the entire day.

When he was killed -- Sitting on my lazy ass, watching a stream of Extreme Rules.

9/11- I was young, so I may mix this story up. I was in my 1st grade classroom when all of a sudden our principal dismissed everybody in the building without any explination so that the kids weren't scared. I didn't really understand what happened until a few months later.

Bin Laden: I had just finished watching Extreme Rules and I was pretty bummed out about Cena's win. So I switch over to Celebrity Apprentice to at least catch previews for next week. Yeah, that never happened. I started quietly flipping out since I thought my mother would be sleeping by now. Yeah, that never happened. She came running into my room screaming. I then proceeded to post the Team America theme song on every online account I own.

9/11: I was in third or fourth grade, can't remember. I was on the bus, preparing to get off and go to school, when we were told not to get off yet. The bus driver then told us that planes had hit the towers. I didn't really understand what that meant until after I got home and saw it on the news.

Osama dying: Watching Extreme Rules on PPV with friends. Christian won the world title, Mozz texted me and told me that Obama was going to make a big speech. I jokingly tweeted about how he's obviously declaring today Christian Day because of his big win. Then Mozz texted me about Osama's death. After ER I flipped it to the news and me and my friends marked out for the millionth time that evening.

9/11 - Sitting in IBM Computer Applications class (we learned Microsoft Office, so I don't know why the class was named that) my junior year, talking with my cousin.

Bin Laden - Doing network configuring at the law office of the same cousin, figuring out how to get her wireless router to work in her law office's network.

On September 10th, 2011, three of my friends signed their final papers to enlist in the United States Army. We stayed up late drinking, and passed out around 8a. About 15 minutes after the first plane hit, my uncle called, and said to turn on the news, we were under attack. We didn't believe him. He was a bit of a junkie, so we were like "Yeah, OK", and hung up. Then, to be sure, we put on the TV, and sat there, stunned, for hours, watching everything unfold.

The day after graduation, all my friends packed their bags, and headed off...

I'd have been one of them, but I was in an accident 2 weeks before, and separated my shoulder, and the recruiter told me to not go, because I'd never fail the physical...

9/11- 7th Grade, learning how to make Spaghetti in my Home Ec class.

Osama's Death- Watching Extreme Rules by myself. I heard the news in the fucking LD.

9/11:

In 5th grade. If memory serves right, it happened early in the morning and for some weird reason the people at school started to panic at noon. I had to sit and watch with my mother the reports for hours and she's been scared of planes ever since.

Bin Laden's death... In bed with the 'top downloading music.

9/11- Sitting in a radio studio at school, keeping track of the readings, and running the daily syndication programs. Got a call from the principal to go out to the class and grab the teacher and stay out until he returned. Spurrier came out, without saying a word, turned on the TV, and told us to throw out our tests. The rest of the day, my classmates and I took turns reading from the wire, and updating our listeners (Oxford to Middletown) on the sitch.

Osama's death-I was watching In Plain Sight, and a friend called and told me to turn on the news. I did, and ran outside in celebration.

9/11 - 1st grade talking with a few of my friends on the playground about what I got on my B-Day(which was 3 days before). Then all of a sudden everyone just got sent home and noone every told me why. Never watched TV at all either and first heard about it maybe a year or 2 later, which shocked the hell out of me.

Bin Laden - Watching Extreme Rules where someone mentioned it in the LD. Grabbed my attention for a few seconds before I turned my attention back to the show. After it ended I turned on the news, saw the headline, and suddenly became filled with joy before watching Obama's announcement on it.

9/11 - I was in school, but not for long as it got let out minutes later.

Today - It's my birthday and I was about to go out, but my girlfriend decided to... ...yeah, well I let her finish, but I still made a thread about it. #winning

9/11: Senior in high school, announced over the loud speaker.

Dead Bin Laden: Browsing WZ, saw D-Man's thread, confirmed story through Comcast's news page. It's so unfortunate that I'll always associate this moment with D-Man...is this where my indifference comes from?

9/11
New York City. Avoided the event as I ditched my morning classes in the downtown area and decided to take my little cousin to school instead. Driving back home listening to radio had and uneasy feeling. Got home and took a nap. Woke up to a call from my Mom. Turned on the TV in time to see the second plane hit. Tried to call my classmates who were in the area to see WTF was going on and if they were ok.
5/1
Home after a 8.5 hr shift at work. Watching TV (getting ready for the new season of Law & Order Criminal Intent), surfing the web looking for Extreme Rules results etc. BAM! info came spewing in.

9/11: At recess. Me and my best friend at the time heard from the teacher we'd had the previous year that planes hit the towers and that they'd fallen down. I thought they'd fallen down horizontally. Such a cool visual in my head. I was so disappointed when I saw the footage later that day.

Bin Laden's Death: Watching the new episode of Treme. Awesome stuff. The call from my dad interrupting it was a bitch though.

9/11 - My NYC skyline-facing dorm room at Montclair State University, watching tower #2 fall.

Bin Laden - standing shoulder width apart from my wife, D-Man, NorCal, JGlass, 5th member, and 5th member's friend in D-Man's apartment, temporarily forgetting how badly I wanted to get outside so I could rip ass without offending my host.

9/11 - I was in the 4th Grade just came back from lunch when the substitute teacher that day had "horrible news to tell us". Spent the rest of the day at home watching the news with my mom and big brother.

Osama - Just finished a morning of bass fishing with my dad then sat and watched the Memphis Grizzlies continue to win in the NBA playoffs, Christian win the world title, and top it off Osama being found and killed.

9/11 I was in 6th grade in my art class. My teacher told us, but I didn't know what it meant 'til I got home that day and turned on the news. I was scared to even go by my dad's house that afternoon.

5/1 I had just lied down on my bed, was watching Man vs. Food, and I checked my Twitter and one of the Jocks from the station I work at had tweeted it. Flipped on the news and it stayed on 'til midnight (central time).

I was at school, and I remember my teacher being called to the staff room when it happened and he left us for about 10 minutes. But he didn't explain what was going on. It wasn't until my mother picked me up from school that day that I had any idea what was going on. I wanted to go to the park but mum marched me home and did nothing but watch the TV all evening.

And when he was killed I was asleep. Typical.

9/11 - I'm honestly not sure any more. I think I get it confused with the death of Diana. I would imagine it was simply a case of me returning home from whatever I had been doing, turning on the TV and seeing that the regular footage had been disrupted. It was a long way away and I don't think I really recognized the magnitude of what had happened until some time later.

Bin Laden - Here. Went to sleep during extreme rules so missed anything that happened last night. Came online this morning to see D-Man shouting something about a dead Muslim ********er... BBC news filled in the rest.

9/11 - My office in Newark, NJ. The local radio stations announced that a plane hit the World Trade Center (15 minutes from where I was) and I thought it was a joke. I got in front of a television, saw the carnage, walked outside, smelled the black smoke and saw ashes falling around my building, and began to feel a deep chill throughout my body. After the second plane hit, it was announced that we were all to get home as fast and safely as possible. A 20 minute drive turned into 3 1/2 hours to get home. I watched the rest of the news safely from my mother's sofa.

Bin Laden's death - I had Norcal, IC25, JGlass, the Triad's fifth member, IC25's wife, and a friend of the fifth member at my place for the Extreme Rules PPV. The show ended and I tried to tune into Celebrity Apprentice when I saw the news. We all screamed and cheered, Norcal almost destroyed my apartment in enjoyment, I calmed him, we all embraced, took pictures together, and everyone went home. A truly great moment.

9/11 - I was just coming home from Primary School. I came into the house and it was plastered all over the news. I remember doing nothing the full night but watch TV.

When Osama Died - I was in bed watching Extreme Rules, clearly. Plus, it was like 4 in the morning...

September 11 - I was at school, and this guy who was a massive bullshitter told us that someone had flown a plane into the twin towers. Naturally, we thought he was lying but then we turned the TV on to see what was happening.

Bin Laden - I was on msn chatting to Lee and Ty about Extreme Rules. Ty said "Bin Laden is dead" then I went on the BBC website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back