When will Daniel Bryan go into the WWE Hall of Fame?

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
Since Bryan announced his retirement I can't see him going into the WWE Hall of Fame at least not yet because 2016 I think they want to have The Vigilante The Icon Sting headline the class because if Bryan were to be put in then he would no doubt overshadow Sting so that is why I see Bryan at the very least going in next year, 2017 into the WWE Hall of Fame 2018 at the latest

I think Daniel Bryan should be held off until atleast 2017, sounds like WWE already has their lineup in place for this year, even though they could easily add him in, but he would either completely overshadow everyone else or get lost in the shuffle. From a business point of view, I would hold off and use a year to make money off Daniel Bryan archival releases and other stuff to build towards it.

Does he really deserve it based on his WWE run is the real question. He had a pretty forgettable run as both the WWE Champion and as the Intercontinental Champion also. When you consider his full WWE run, does he measure up?

I think he'll eventually go in for his work outside of the WWE more than anything. But objectively speaking, his career inside of the WWE was less than spectacular.

2018. Taker SHOULD headline next year. Bryan the year after.

Who's to know that Taker doesn't headline this year?

But to answer the OP, Daniel Bryan is a certainty for the HoF. As the American Dragon, he was a giant Indy star, as Daniel Bryan, he beat the entire roster of Evolution at WrestleMania 30, and then ENTIRE arena was doing the Yes! chant. The dude was certainly special. He's going in, but I think that that's only because he's retiring early, like Edge. If he were to stick around another 5-7 years wrestling, he probably wouldn't go in until the mid to late 2020s.

Does he really deserve it based on his WWE run is the real question. He had a pretty forgettable run as both the WWE Champion and as the Intercontinental Champion also. When you consider his full WWE run, does he measure up?

I think he'll eventually go in for his work outside of the WWE more than anything. But objectively speaking, his career inside of the WWE was less than spectacular.

He also won MITB, World Championship, US title too, it sounds like he accomplished quite a bit to me.

He was arguably the best wrestler in the company for a 3-4 year span, and was without question the most popular superstar in over a decade. He was getting close to Attitude Era Rock and Austin level pops for over a year. He absolutely deserves it.

You're trolling, right? Why would WWE put him in their HOF based on work he did outside of their company? Sting is different because WCW is now a part of WWE.

He's a lock for HOF, and no doubt they'll put him in at their earliest convenience. He's one of few living legends that could headline their class. WWE are probably drooling over the social media hits they'll get.

I doubt he goes in this year, the wound is sore and it draws attention away from Sting. Bryan will headline the 2017 HOF class at WrestleMania 33, barring any sudden retirement of a bigger star, or God forbid, an untimely death.

Anyone questioning Bryan's HOF status is either a troll, a smark, or contrarian. Just because he wasn't your cup of tea, doesn't mean he isn't a HOF worthy star.

When Bryan's inducted, he'll be the headliner that isn't a dead guy. So it won't be the year that Undertaker or Rock go in. 2018 at the earliest sounds right to me, as I feel like 2017 could be Taker's year.

And yes, he does deserve it. While his career only spanned roughly 6 years, he headlined Wrestlemania, held every championship, is a multi-time world champ, a MITB winner, and is possibly the most universally beloved star of the PG era. Not to mention his top-notch wrestling ability and sizable portfolio of good to great matches. And to kill the debate about the length of his tenure, The Rock's active career was only a bit longer than Bryan's at about 7 years – and that's being a little generous.

Besides, Koko B. Ware is in the Hall of Fame. That's my bar whenever someone mildly questionable is brought up as an inductee. To keep Bryan out essentially says that his career wasn't as good or impactful as Koko B. freaking Ware.

I have a feeling that, if WM33 is in Orlando, the Rock will headline; therefore I believe Bryan will wait at least three years - unless the Undertaker gets indicted for WM34

He was arguably the best wrestler in the company for a 3-4 year span, and was without question the most popular superstar in over a decade. He was getting close to Attitude Era Rock and Austin level pops for over a year. He absolutely deserves it.

I'm not saying that we wasn't a great Wrestler at all. Find for me one time in my post where I said he was a bad Wrestler. I'll wait...

Of course, by now, you'll realise I didn't say that. Of course he was a great Wrestler; there is no doubt about it. And I am not suggesting that he wasn't one of the most talented men in the WWE at certain points of time because he was. My point is simply this. His body of work in the WWE was underwhelming. Just when he was getting hot he would get injured. Just when the fans accepted him as their hero, something would stop him. The WWE played the long game with Bryan and gave him the slow rise. The unfortunate thing is that he had to retire before he really could reach iconic status. It's a shame for him.

You're trolling, right? Why would WWE put him in their HOF based on work he did outside of their company? Sting is different because WCW is now a part of WWE.

He's a lock for HOF, and no doubt they'll put him in at their earliest convenience. He's one of few living legends that could headline their class. WWE are probably drooling over the social media hits they'll get.

I doubt he goes in this year, the wound is sore and it draws attention away from Sting. Bryan will headline the 2017 HOF class at WrestleMania 33, barring any sudden retirement of a bigger star, or God forbid, an untimely death.

Anyone questioning Bryan's HOF status is either a troll, a smark, or contrarian. Just because he wasn't your cup of tea, doesn't mean he isn't a HOF worthy star.

I didn't say I didn't like him either. In fact, I thought he was a terrifically likeable person and I liked to like him. If you want my opinion, then I do think he'll go in eventually. But, for all his accomplishments, can you really say that one stood out above the rest? All of them were pretty forgettable.

But, for all his accomplishments, can you really say that one stood out above the rest? All of them were pretty forgettable.

Well there was that time he beat HHH, Randy Orton, and Batista at Wrestlemania to win the WWEWHC. And there was that moment he beat The Miz for the US title and established himself as a legitimate babyface that the crowd could connect with. His re-debut at Survivor Series was a great moment. And the fans erupting in the loudest Yes chant I've ever heard with Bryan atop a cage. Oh yeah, and he beat John Cena in one of the best Summerslam main events in years. Not to mention all the stuff he did with Kane which would go down as one of the more entertaining programs of the entire era. Personally, I think Bryan has had a pretty memorable career all things considered.

As for when he'll go in, I think The Rock has to go in within the next couple of years. Taker as well if he decides to hang them up before Mania 34. If it's not this year, which it won't be, than I don't think it should be next year either. Give it a few years and see if people still feel the same way about DB as they do today.

It's not gonna happen this year that's a given. They've had the 2016 class set for a while now and I don't see them changing it.

Next year is a definite possibility and what I personally see happening. Besides his retirement speech we will not have seen Daniel Bryan for a very very long time so everyone saying it hasn't been long enough yes it has. Didn't Edge get inducted the same year of his early retirement? And people are saying a year isn't long enough? :lmao:

He's had one hell of a career and if he doesn't get in next year I will be legitimately surprised.

Who's to know that Taker doesn't headline this year?

But to answer the OP, Daniel Bryan is a certainty for the HoF. As the American Dragon, he was a giant Indy star, as Daniel Bryan, he beat the entire roster of Evolution at WrestleMania 30, and then ENTIRE arena was doing the Yes! chant. The dude was certainly special. He's going in, but I think that that's only because he's retiring early, like Edge. If he were to stick around another 5-7 years wrestling, he probably wouldn't go in until the mid to late 2020s.

If Taker was going in this year, they would have announced it long ago. It would be the ultimate slap in the face if they announced Taker going in this year this late in the game.

Didn't Edge get inducted the same year of his early retirement? And people are saying a year isn't long enough? :lmao:

Yeah and everybody forgets that Edge is in the HOF. You have no clue how many people I've seen list Edge as deserving of a HOF induction not knowing that he has been in for a few years now. Like I said, give Bryan some time and his induction will mean more because it will mean he got in strictly because he deserved it. Not because it would be a "nice" moment for a retiring legend.

If Taker was going in this year, they would have announced it long ago. It would be the ultimate slap in the face if they announced Taker going in this year this late in the game.

The main eventer of each class is usually announced last. That's the way they do it literally every year.

He has to be in the hall of fame. Depending on who they would want to put in the same year maybe as a co headliner!
Regardless of how it happened he became one of the most over guys in years.
He made WM30 and won a load of titles.

I don't see any reason to rush him into the Hall of Fame, let some time pass and then induct him. 2016 class is pretty well set, yeah its a pretty lean ballot this year from what is rumored with the exception of Sting, but they could very well be holding back on a surprise inductee. Personally, I'd hold off atleast a year, if he goes in now then he stands a chance to be forgotten to history.

Probably next year. WWE already has their lineup set for this year.

He's guaranteed to go in. He won the WWE Championship in the main event of WM30. He is the most over wrestler since Austin and Rock. His in-ring ability ranks among the greatest of all time. His time in Team Hell No was creative, hilarious, and original. You can't say that about much these days. He has numerous great matches and feuds.

vs. Chris Jericho - First episode of NXT
vs. CM Punk - Over the Limit 2012
vs. The Shield - TLC 2012
vs. Randy Orton - Raw 2012
vs. John Cena - SummerSlam 2013
vs. Bray Wyatt - Royal Rumble 2014
vs. Triple H - WrestleMania 30
vs. Randy Orton and Batista - WrestleMania 30
IC Championship Ladder Match - WrestleMania 31

What else can you ask for? If Bryan doesn't get in, there shouldn't be a WWE Hall of Fame.

But, for all his accomplishments, can you really say that one stood out above the rest? All of them were pretty forgettable.

Remember when he defeated John Cena to win the WWE Championship at SummerSlam 2013? Remember when he defeated Triple H, Batista, and Randy Orton in the same night to win the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 30? Remember when he turned on the Wyatt Family inside a steel cage and led the entire arena in a YES chant?

Remember when he defeated John Cena to win the WWE Championship at SummerSlam 2013? Remember when he defeated Triple H, Batista, and Randy Orton in the same night to win the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 30? Remember when he turned on the Wyatt Family inside a steel cage and led the entire arena in a YES chant?

Remind me how long those Championship reigns lasted again.

I'm not saying that he didn't have moments that were special because he did, anyone can see that. My pint is that he really made it count. Can you honestly say that the WWE got what they should have got out of him? Every time they put stock in him, he got injured and failed to deliver. He is nowhere near the level of your Hogan's, Cena's, Rock's, Austin's, Triple H's... Honestly, the discussion isn't even there to be had.

Remind me how long those Championship reigns lasted again.

I'm not saying that he didn't have moments that were special because he did, anyone can see that. My pint is that he really made it count. Can you honestly say that the WWE got what they should have got out of him? Every time they put stock in him, he got injured and failed to deliver. He is nowhere near the level of your Hogan's, Cena's, Rock's, Austin's, Triple H's... Honestly, the discussion isn't even there to be had.

He got injured. That wasn't his fault.

His popularity and ability was near if not higher than the level of Hogan's, Cena's, Austin's, Rock's, and HHH's.

Everyone needs to calm down here. Yes Daniel Bryan deserves to go into the Hall of Fame. Whatever time he had in the WWE he made the most of it. He won every championship belt there was to win, and it doesn't matter how long he held it or why he had to give it up.

Bottom line is this. He is or was one of the best technical wrestler's on the roster. I would put him and Cesaro on the same level skill wise. Bryan was undoubtedly the most over wrestler to come along in the last decade, and we most likely won't see anyone else to be as universally liked as much as he was for a long time. Maybe not even in our lifetimes.

He will go into the Hall of Fame as I said, but what is the rush. He only just retired last week, there are others ahead of him that deserve it more now. Let him wait a couple of years, I doubt his popularity won't decrease especially if he stays with the WWE. We aren't going to forget him, so a couple of years isn't asking that long.

He got injured. That wasn't his fault.

His popularity and ability was near if not higher than the level of Hogan's, Cena's, Austin's, Rock's, and HHH's.

It doesn't matter if got injured or not quite frankly. The fact of the matter remains that he wasn't able to make the most of his Championship reigns.

As for him being as popular as some of the people listed, you're an idiot if you genuinely believe what you just said. Daniel Bryan isn't even the most popular face in the company in the generation he wrestled. And this Vera isn't half as popular as the likes of the Attitude Era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back