When the Revolution will be complete.

Cena's #1 In My Heart

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm glad IGN and WWE 13 have been pushing this revolution concept.. because it's true, and It's time the world starts recgonizing it, if they can't see it for themselfs.

CM Punk did revolutionize wrestling by sitting on the stage and doing his little speech. Bringing more attention and respect to the actual wrestlers of this business right?

But wait, why did John Laurintis and John Cena still main event Over the Limit?

Because the WWE obviously is still a little nervous about stepping into this revolution full steam.

But like it or not, it will come to happen. CM Punk WILL surpass John Cena. But it will take time...

Specifically.. I think the journey will be complete at Wrestlemania 29.. when CM Punk main events against Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Here's the real catcher... CM Punk will defeat Stone Cold Steve Austin in the main event of Wrestlemania 29.. making John Cena's attempt against The Rock look like a complete joke.

I don't think Austin is as egotistical as The Rock, I think Austin might even want to lose to Punk.. and WANT to PASS THE TORCH.. to CM Punk. Obviously The Rock didn't want to let go of his torch.. he wanted to burn his torch even brighter by being the first to beat Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, and John Cena.

So when Punk beats Austin at WM 29... I think WWE will have no choice but to go full forward into the Punk Revolution... which can only mean good things for the likes of Bryan, Cesaro, Rollins, Ohno, and so on....

I'm sure Punk will finally get to actually main event a PPV before WM 29.. maybe when he drops the belt to someone else... aye? But I'm saying WM 29 will be the big footprint of the re-revolution of the wrestler in the WWE, when CM Punk finally becomes recgonized as the man. If the plug isn't pulled by then.

So thoughts on WM 29, Austin Vs Punk? Will CM Punk do what John Cena could not? And take the torch from one of the Attitude Era stars?

I feel as if at this point, there was no point in Cena beating the Rock. There is no torch to really be passed, in my opinion. John Cena has already established himself a centerpiece of WWE at the current moment. Punk vs. Bryan should have main-eveneted Over the Limit but it didn't. Austin vs. Punk might not even happen. Isn't Austin still dealing with lingering injuries and what not? WWE might be nervous but Punk is not a straight godsend. Bryan is making it on his own without the help of Punk. Cesaro and Ohno might be paired up again and bring the Kings of Wrestling to the tag division. Rollins...that is to be seen but Punk is not the gateway to all indy wrestlers getting big in the WWE. So, it will be nice to see Punk vs. Austin but I don't think that it will help all the indy wrestlers or push Punk above Cena. If anything, they will be on equal level.

I feel as if at this point, there was no point in Cena beating the Rock. There is no torch to really be passed, in my opinion. John Cena has already established himself a centerpiece of WWE at the current moment. Punk vs. Bryan should have main-eveneted Over the Limit but it didn't. Austin vs. Punk might not even happen. Isn't Austin still dealing with lingering injuries and what not? WWE might be nervous but Punk is not a straight godsend. Bryan is making it on his own without the help of Punk. Cesaro and Ohno might be paired up again and bring the Kings of Wrestling to the tag division. Rollins...that is to be seen but Punk is not the gateway to all indy wrestlers getting big in the WWE. So, it will be nice to see Punk vs. Austin but I don't think that it will help all the indy wrestlers or push Punk above Cena. If anything, they will be on equal level.

Bryan won MITB at Money in the Bank.. the night Punk was supposivly leaving. I'm pretty sure the whole Punk thing last summer had A LOT to do with Daniel Bryan finally getting some respect and a push. I don't know that for sure, but I'd be willing to bet on it.

As far as Austin's lingering injuries, I'm pretty sure he has stated that he feels better and more in shape than he has been in years. He stated he could go another 2-3 years, but he doesn't want to because he doesn't want to be in constant pain again for the rest of his life.

I do agree, Cena winning probably wouldn't have helped him that much. Punk defeating Austin though, I think that would boost Punk's overness by a crap load. Besides.. it was always Austin > Rock back in the day... I think the fans probably still feel that Austin is better than Rock. I do.

If Punk vs Austin happens I do see Austin doing the job for Punk. The reason Rock didn't do it for Cena is because like The Rock said he's coming back to wrestle again whereas Austin I would believe to be more of a one off thing at least wrestling less then The Rock.

Bryan won MITB at Money in the Bank.. the night Punk was supposivly leaving. I'm pretty sure the whole Punk thing last summer had A LOT to do with Daniel Bryan finally getting some respect and a push. I don't know that for sure, but I'd be willing to bet on it.

As far as Austin's lingering injuries, I'm pretty sure he has stated that he feels better and more in shape than he has been in years. He stated he could go another 2-3 years, but he doesn't want to because he doesn't want to be in constant pain again for the rest of his life.

I do agree, Cena winning probably wouldn't have helped him that much. Punk defeating Austin though, I think that would boost Punk's overness by a crap load. Besides.. it was always Austin > Rock back in the day... I think the fans probably still feel that Austin is better than Rock. I do.

I still feel as if Daniel Bryan would have been in this state without the Summer of Punk. Danielson was more of a staple in ROH than Punk was. No offense to Punk in ROH. But in WWE, I don't see Punk trying to get a push for Bryan. Bryan's pure skill alone probably earned him the push he got.

I just don't see Austin risking possible injury just to push someone. Not that he is arrogant but just why injury yourself for pushing someone who truly doesn't need it? The last statement is open for debate. I enjoy watching the Rock more than I did Austin. But Austin > Rock or Rock > Austin could be debated for hours. Actually, I would love to see Punk vs. HHH again but that probably won't happen.

I'll agree that something revolutionary is necessary for WWE to not only thrive, but to outright survive in some aspects. The business in general has been in a state of steady decline post-Attitude era, particularly in the last few years in my opinion. I feel this is why WWE has gone to great lengths to bring back Bret Hart, Rock, Austin (in limited capacity), Kane's original look, and other nods to the timeframe when wrestling was at its absolute peak. I expect Ric Flair to show up on RAW any day now.

What that "revolution" is? I don't know. Honestly, I don't think it has truly started in earnest yet. In the 80's it was Hulkamania that transcended wrestling from its own industry into the mainstream. In the 90's it was more mature storylines and concepts, along with hard-hitting, take no prisoners matches. In the 2000's it was... uh.... hmm.

And I guess that's where we are now. John Cena is all fine and good. He holds the company banner high, is dependable, and despite his mixed crowd reactions plays the role of "face of the company" quite well. Problem is, if he had to retire tomorrow will he go down in history amongst the greats? The Hulk Hogans, Ric Flairs, Bret Harts, HBKs, Steve Austins, and Rocks that forced the wrestling industry to go in a different direction and ultimately prosper? I personally don't think so.

In my opinion, Cena hasn't had those "magic moments" yet that thrust him into that level of greatness. No one on the current roster has really. As much as I like CM Punk, his "pipebomb" last summer was the closest thing he has done to become a bona fide legend in the industry. For a really short time there he was the voice of the voiceless, namely those fans that are just begging for something monumental to happen in WWE to take it in that direction it absolutely needs to go in. He knew why the fans were turning away from the product and wasn't afraid to go on an internationally televised program and talk about it. He was on his way out, but he had a deep passion for the business and wasn't afraid to make it known.

Now he's essentially a company guy and what little bit of progress was made has essentially been undone. It's business as usual once again, though depreciating little by little if ratings and buyrates are the benchmarks. Bringing back "Attitude Era" stars can help band-aid things for a little while, but ultimately don't "heal" the wounds that wrestling has suffered post it's peak in the 90's and residuals in the 2000's. WWE needs to take a chance and do something drastically different than they are now... and that "something" doesn't mean co-branding with Twitter.

Vince, Trips, or whoever is running the show will be forced to change things up in a big, big, way or the slow, yet steady decline will continue. This type of action is what turned the tide in WWE's favor during the Monday Night Wars with WCW, not resting on its laurels or bringing back an old, previously established name every so often to spike ratings now and again. A true revitalizing, or Revolution of the product is what's absolutely necessary if WWE ever wants to hit the same highs it did well over a decade ago.

The first person to beat Stone Cold at WM was Bret Hart when he beat him at WM13...not the Rock.
Plus it is BS that the Rock beat Cena...made no sense whatsoever. Cena should've won...made much more sense. I'm the biggest Rock fan ever but him beating Cena makes no sense. And plus when The Rock beat Hogan, there was no passing of the torch...the Rock was the man already.
Let's put this into perspective...The Rock main evented WM15 as champion, was in the main event at WM16 as part of the fatal 4-way, and main evented WM17 as champion...then he beat Hogan at WM18. So you can see, the previous 3 wrestlemanias before WM18 The Rock was "THE MAN"...either he was champion going into WM or was in the main event challenging for the title. So even in WM18 there was no passing of the torch...it just made more sense for The Rock to beat Hogan because the Rock would've been around longer and Hogan already had done it all.
The same thing should've happened with Cena and Rock...Rock has already done it all. He didn't need to beat Cena. Cena needed to beat Rock and that's what should've happened. And why? Because Cena is THE MAN right now in the WWE whether he's booed or cheered by us and he's here now and we aint gonna see The Rock until 2013.

So thoughts on WM 29, Austin Vs Punk?
I think that WM30 would me more likely for Punk V Austin as that is potentially in Texas and also gives a bit more time for a build up and doesn't throw it up against Lesnar/Undertaker as has been thrown into the mix.
I like the idea of Punk v Austin - Austin has said himself he wants one more match and he wants it V Punk, and I think that as you said it would be a great way to pass the anti authoritarian torch on to Punk.
Will CM Punk do what John Cena could not?
I think that the torch - passing would be really insignificant if he did not.

I'll agree that something revolutionary is necessary for WWE to not only thrive, but to outright survive in some aspects. The business in general has been in a state of steady decline post-Attitude era, particularly in the last few years in my opinion. I feel this is why WWE has gone to great lengths to bring back Bret Hart, Rock, Austin (in limited capacity), Kane's original look, and other nods to the timeframe when wrestling was at its absolute peak. I expect Ric Flair to show up on RAW any day now.

What that "revolution" is? I don't know. Honestly, I don't think it has truly started in earnest yet. In the 80's it was Hulkamania that transcended wrestling from its own industry into the mainstream. In the 90's it was more mature storylines and concepts, along with hard-hitting, take no prisoners matches. In the 2000's it was... uh.... hmm.

And I guess that's where we are now. John Cena is all fine and good. He holds the company banner high, is dependable, and despite his mixed crowd reactions plays the role of "face of the company" quite well. Problem is, if he had to retire tomorrow will he go down in history amongst the greats? The Hulk Hogans, Ric Flairs, Bret Harts, HBKs, Steve Austins, and Rocks that forced the wrestling industry to go in a different direction and ultimately prosper? I personally don't think so.

In my opinion, Cena hasn't had those "magic moments" yet that thrust him into that level of greatness. No one on the current roster has really. As much as I like CM Punk, his "pipebomb" last summer was the closest thing he has done to become a bona fide legend in the industry. For a really short time there he was the voice of the voiceless, namely those fans that are just begging for something monumental to happen in WWE to take it in that direction it absolutely needs to go in. He knew why the fans were turning away from the product and wasn't afraid to go on an internationally televised program and talk about it. He was on his way out, but he had a deep passion for the business and wasn't afraid to make it known.

Now he's essentially a company guy and what little bit of progress was made has essentially been undone. It's business as usual once again, though depreciating little by little if ratings and buyrates are the benchmarks. Bringing back "Attitude Era" stars can help band-aid things for a little while, but ultimately don't "heal" the wounds that wrestling has suffered post it's peak in the 90's and residuals in the 2000's. WWE needs to take a chance and do something drastically different than they are now... and that "something" doesn't mean co-branding with Twitter.

Vince, Trips, or whoever is running the show will be forced to change things up in a big, big, way or the slow, yet steady decline will continue. This type of action is what turned the tide in WWE's favor during the Monday Night Wars with WCW, not resting on its laurels or bringing back an old, previously established name every so often to spike ratings now and again. A true revitalizing, or Revolution of the product is what's absolutely necessary if WWE ever wants to hit the same highs it did well over a decade ago.

This is the best thing I have ever read on this site! That's the main problem with WWE. They are scared to take chances. For years, Cena has been constantly shoved down our throats, and to some degree, Orton has too. They don't listen to what the fans really want. Deep down, we don't care about blood or cursing. We want compelling storylines with top notch, 5 star matches. It seems now, the only time we can get that is the month or so leading in to Wrestlemania, and that isn't even worth talking about.

Plus, when Punk did drop that famous Pipebomb last summer, we were all on the edge of our seats waiting for the "revolution" to come. We thought that WWE was going to change, Punk was going to be the new face, and we'd finally get some top notch storylines. But no. Punk "quit" and was back on Raw within a week. He hasn't done anything worth really mentioning since then, just corny jokes here and there. And I don't blame him (because Punk is my favorite wrestler on the current roster), I blame creative. WWE is in trouble.

Enough is enough, and it's time for a change!!

Well the whole point of this thread is to say... The change is happening right before your eyes.

People who watch WWE for the actual wrestling will for sure know what I mean. The revolution is towards better wrestlers... less entertainers.

CM Punk's other speeches last summer brought up the WWE's fascination with big guys and yadayadaa...

The crowd chants "Cena Sucks"... because he can't wrestle his way out of a paper bag. He's a brawler... who oversells punches and makes it look fake. CM Punk is completely different, he comes out kicking at your legs and trying to wrap you into holds.. tries to create a competitve match in the ring. <<< This is what the revolution is about... it's about the in-ring action.

And by bringing up SCSA Vs Punk at WM 29/30... I am saying that the transformation back to the wrestler will be complete when Punk wins a main event at Wrestlemania over Stone Cold and surpasses what Cena hasn't been able to do.

CM Punk = The Wrestling Side of WWE.
Cena = The Entertainment Side of WWE. (If you find him entertaining, which some don't)

and Cena still clearly has been overshadowing Punk. After Punk beats Austin, I don't see Cena overshadowing him.

The revolution is also coming up through FCW right now in terms of Ohno, Cesaro, and such... they were on the indys for years without finally being given a shot. and now finally... the REVOLUTION is happening... the wrestlers are getting their place BACK in the WWE.

IMO, CM Punk, D Bryan they are the best wrestlers since Benoit, Guerrero, and Angle walked the WWE locker rooms.

I would not say that Punk would overshadow Cena. If we constantly refer to them as the Rock and Austin of this current era, then there will be no overshadowing. It is going to be an equal level. And it is kinda hard to compare Punk and Cena's wrestling. They have two different styles. Two WAY different styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back