What's up everyone?

The Bearded One

Love is not admissable evidence.
I doubt many, if anyone, remembers me, but I used to come here quite a bit a few years ago, mostly sticking to spam areas and discussing sports and independent wrestling. But after sporadic appearances drop-ins over the last few years I'm going to try to coming back here more often because I've realized this is the best place for wrestling discussion (cheap pop).

So, how's everyone's lives treating them? Anything exciting happening?

Bearded One I actually remember seeing you around a bit since I think you're the only one who uses that avatar. I think we've occasionally run into each other in the Bar but I don't actually know your opinions on wrestling. What do you think of current product?

Better than I ever thought possible.

That's good to hear!

Bearded One I actually remember seeing you around a bit since I think you're the only one who uses that avatar. I think we've occasionally run into each other in the Bar but I don't actually know your opinions on wrestling. What do you think of current product?

I've been on sporadically over the last couple of years, so we could have bumped into each other. I'm awful with names, so forgive me.

But right now I think WWE has exciting potential, but it just needs some tweaking. With all the talent it has right now, even if a good portion of it is injured at the moment, the future could be very exciting if handled properly. I work nights, so I really only keep up with the product through the Network PPVs and reading KBs reviews, and then if anything intriguing happens I check it out on YouTube or Hulu. Having that distance from the product probably eliminates a lot of the week-to-week issues people have with it, but overall I think the WWE is a solid product with the potential to be great.

I haven't seen TNA since it left Spike TV, so I can't comment on that. But the WWE Network has kind of killed my interest in independent wrestling. I can't justify spending $10-15 on an iPPV, or upwards of $35 for an ROH PPV, when all the wrestling I could ever really want is available to me. I guess I could stream or torrent the indie shows, but I've always felt guilty about doing that.

Welcome back! As an Indy fan, should we expect you to join our Lucha Underground discussion?

I wish I had El Rey, but I'm unable to watch it. I had it when Lucha Underground first started and I really liked the show, but I've since switched cable plans and don't have the network anymore. I've heard nothing but great things about LU and I really wish I could join in.

I wish I had El Rey, but I'm unable to watch it. I had it when Lucha Underground first started and I really liked the show, but I've since switched cable plans and don't have the network anymore. I've heard nothing but great things about LU and I really wish I could join in.

Right on, dude. I've found season 2 on daily motion. High recommendations on my end.

Lots of returns recently. Don't know whether or not to chalk that up to Wreatlemania season or the 10th annual WZT that's coming up.

And I remember you. Where have you been?

Real life has gotten in the way for me in the last couple years. From graduating college to getting a job to buying a house with my girlfriend, the last three years or so have been pretty crazy. I was realizing I had given up a lot of what I enjoyed with everything else going on, so I'm hoping I can start getting back to that again. One of those things I enjoyed was talking wrestling, so I'm happy to be back.

Welcome back Bearded One!

The ROH/Indie discussions can definitely use your added presence.

I'd also love to hear your take on the current NXT product- now and the foreseeable future.

Discussion here, mostly in the LDs, is probably what drives my interest in the current WWE product most.

Drop in on some if you get a chance.

I mean a lot of us bitch during them but there's actually some good conversation along the way too.

Welcome back Bearded One!

The ROH/Indie discussions can definitely use your added presence.

I'd also love to hear your take on the current NXT product- now and the foreseeable future.

I feel like the NXT forum is the one I'm going to be frequenting the most. I love me some NXT. I'm actually heading down to West Palm on the 18th to check out a house show. I went to my first one in years a few weeks ago, so I'm pretty pumped to be going again so quickly.

Discussion here, mostly in the LDs, is probably what drives my interest in the current WWE product most.

Drop in on some if you get a chance.

I mean a lot of us bitch during them but there's actually some good conversation along the way too.

Oh man I used to love the live discussions. I'll definitely be stopping by for some of those. Does anyone remember that one year (2010 or 2011ish) when a lot of us used a website that had a chatlog and played YouTube videos? Those discussions were so much fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back