Whats the Biggest Match WWE can produce right this second without a Part timer?

Whats the Biggest Match WWE could make without Part Timers Right Now?

• John Cena vs Randy Orton

• John Cena vs CM Punk

• Daniel Bryan vs John Cena

• CM Punk vs Randy Orton

• CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan

• A combination of Cena, Punk, Orton and Bryan

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
It has to be Punk/Cena. They are the two biggest stars in the WWE if you ask me. When those two are in a ring/feud/etc. those two make magic. They are polar opposites, which is why they have the perfect chemistry in the ring and in feuds with one another. I would say that Punk/Bryan has the potential to be great, but I want to see Bryan develop just a little bit more, but those matches are fantastic. I feel that Orton needs a heel turn as he is stale to me, but Orton/Cena has been done to death and Punk/Orton didn't really do anything for me.

It has to be Punk/Cena. They are the two biggest stars in the WWE if you ask me. When those two are in a ring/feud/etc. those two make magic. They are polar opposites, which is why they have the perfect chemistry in the ring and in feuds with one another. I would say that Punk/Bryan has the potential to be great, but I want to see Bryan develop just a little bit more, but those matches are fantastic. I feel that Orton needs a heel turn as he is stale to me, but Orton/Cena has been done to death and Punk/Orton didn't really do anything for me.

Orton/Cena has been "done to death" but Cena/Punk is the greatest thing sinced slice bread and hasn't been done to death? I think they've probably fought more times than Orton and Cena.

It is very difficult to say because not many names are well-known to those fans who have stopped watching but would order, say a Wrestlemania.

There are three options in my mind: Cena/Orton Cena/Punk and Cena/Bryan. Cena/Orton would appeal mainly to the current target audience. These two are over with the younger fans but I'm not sure it would be appealing to part-time fans and even those who hate Cena.

Cena v Bryan is going to be massive. Bryan is ridiculously over and he may have taken some of the attention of Cena. I can't imagine what the crowd will be like for Summerslam. If Cena wins; the Cena fans will be happy. If Bryan wins then everyone will just lose their shit. He has unified the WWE universe and a match between him and the number one guy will be massive.

Cena/Punk is, in my opinion, the two top guys on the roster so would be the logical choice. They could even book it two ways. 1) Face v Face. Who is the top guy. There is only room for one of the two. 2) Punk as a heel like he was a few months ago. Play on the perceived hatred from the "shoot" promo and make it out that Punk despises Cena.

I think Cena (face) vs Punk (heel) is the biggest match that the WWE could realistically deliver. In addition to the fans who would buy regardless of the main-event; it would appeal to the Cena fans that are desperate to see their guy keep the belt. It would draw in some part-time fans who want to see the two top guys against each other and it would appeal to wrestling fans that may want to watch because of Punk.

there's a ton they can do.....they are having one of those now with John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan. Bryan, a great wrestler who can make alot of wrestlers look good, vs. John Cena, who can wrestle when his opponent is at least good in the ring and he treats them like they are a threat. Another match they can have is CM Punk vs. John Cena, who has had great matches and of course CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan both of whom are great in the ring and those are just three matches i can think of.

Orton/Cena has been "done to death" but Cena/Punk is the greatest thing sinced slice bread and hasn't been done to death? I think they've probably fought more times than Orton and Cena.

Well I'm a big Punk fan so I can admit that I'm a little biased. Yes, you are right, Punk/Cena has been done a lot. What I should have said was that Cena/Orton has been done and in a way where I am content with them never facing each other again. Yet, I still feel like Punk/Cena hasn't had a proper ending (at WrestleMania for the WWE title) so I personally feel that Punk/Cena would be the best matchup because they have me wanting more of it.

Here's a list I would love to see but won't happen. I'm posting without reading any one else first, then will go back and read to see what others have done.

1) Nikki vs Brie vs AJ in a bra and panties grave bowl match.
2) Cena vs Bryan vs Punk in a triple threat iron man submission match
3) cena vs bryan vs punk vs bigshow vs henry vs ryback in hell in the cell electrified cage match
4) miz vs swagger vs orton vs big e in a 'who's dating aj next' match
5)punk vs bryan in a roh pure style match

It depends, inside of wrestling the biggest match right now is Bryan vs Cena, but for outside interest it's Cena vs Punk/Orton.

Bryan is the hottest thing going right now. Bryan has been on fire week in, week out for a while now and has grabbed every wrestling fan's attention. He's been given time to show what he can do in the ring, and has been given time for his character to develop. Then you have Cena who is obviously the man in wrestling and has been for years. So this match is the biggest match inside wrestling.

But for people who aren't into wrestling the name Daniel Bryan isn't going to ring any bells. But Punk or Orton might ring a bell, and Cena most probably will. If people know who two guys are they're going to be more interested and more likely to watch that match, than they are if they only know one of the guys in the match.

ok. punk vs. cena is currently winning the poll and that absolutely turns my /stomach. as you guys know i usually post then read how everyone else has responded to a thread so i can always say my opinion is completely unbiased to what everyone else thinks.

i choose other...

i believe that ziggler deserves a wrestlemania main event spot. why you ask? well i like most are tired of the same old, same old. So how bout this Christian(whc) vs. Ziggler at mania, Last Man Standing Match. I could see them stealing the show without a doubt. Just my opinion but hell i think its a good opinion in this case guys....

Cena/Punk undoubtedly got the biggest reaction from the WWE fans. The problem is I'm not entirely sure if it was just because of Punks amazing "pipe bomb" angle and leaving the league with the belt. It was the first genius creative move in a long long time.

I just think they split the fanbase 50/50 perfectly. You have Marks/Children/Idiots who love Cena and just want to see "The Champ is Here" endlessly for the next thousand years and then you have everyone over the age of 14 that still enjoys Pro Wrestling that wants the best in-ring talent (Punk and Bryan) to enjoy success. I think the only reason the Bryan/Cena main event works is because it draws on the same crowd splitting angle the Punk/Cena thing did...so for now my answer is Punk vs. Cena.

Orton vs. Cena could be big again too but Orton needs to turn heel believably and viciously for it to work.

ok. punk vs. cena is currently winning the poll and that absolutely turns my /stomach. as you guys know i usually post then read how everyone else has responded to a thread so i can always say my opinion is completely unbiased to what everyone else thinks.

i choose other...

i believe that ziggler deserves a wrestlemania main event spot. why you ask? well i like most are tired of the same old, same old. So how bout this Christian(whc) vs. Ziggler at mania, Last Man Standing Match. I could see them stealing the show without a doubt. Just my opinion but hell i think its a good opinion in this case guys....

I absolutely agree with your admiration of Ziggler but he clearly still has MAJOR trouble getting over and can you honestly tell me you think Ziggler vs. Christian is a WRESTLEMANIA HEADLINING MATCH? Maybe an undercard match for the WHC (meaningless strap) would fit but no way they close the show. No offense but that's laughable.

I absolutely agree with your admiration of Ziggler but he clearly still has MAJOR trouble getting over and can you honestly tell me you think Ziggler vs. Christian is a WRESTLEMANIA HEADLINING MATCH? Maybe an undercard match for the WHC (meaningless strap) would fit but no way they close the show. No offense but that's laughable.

Laughable? sure in some opinions. But, lets agree that both are great performers, both can easily compile together a list of insane bumps to give and take and both can easily put up a good promo or 10 to get them over together for a main event. i think they would work great in the ring and maybe Dolph does still have a bit of trouble getting over but honestly i feel like the fans love him, not for his promos but for his pure in ring work ethic. i would pay to see them get it on in a good 40 minute smash and bash. i respect your opinion though sir...

Cena/Bryan, obviously.

The face of the company vs hottest thing in wrestling.

And it's happening at SummerSlam :)

Punk/Cena are probably the 2 biggest full-time names. So, in a sense, they could be the answer for a lot of people.

I voted for Punk/Bryan though, since my opinion is MINE lol... For me the biggest match that can be booked to REALLY excite me, without any part timers, would be Punk Vs Bryan at Wrestlemania for the WWE title. I think they would tear the house down, AND on the grandest stage of them all, for the biggest title in the business, would be epic.

Cena/Punk undoubtedly got the biggest reaction from the WWE fans. The problem is I'm not entirely sure if it was just because of Punks amazing "pipe bomb" angle and leaving the league with the belt. It was the first genius creative move in a long long time.

I just think they split the fanbase 50/50 perfectly. You have Marks/Children/Idiots who love Cena and just want to see "The Champ is Here" endlessly for the next thousand years and then you have everyone over the age of 14 that still enjoys Pro Wrestling that wants the best in-ring talent (Punk and Bryan) to enjoy success. I think the only reason the Bryan/Cena main event works is because it draws on the same crowd splitting angle the Punk/Cena thing did...so for now my answer is Punk vs. Cena.

Orton vs. Cena could be big again too but Orton needs to turn heel believably and viciously for it to work.

Don't be an asshat just because you don't like cena. I don't consider myself a mark and definitely not under 14 and didn't particularly like cena myself, as i've always been a taker fan more then anyone else. but in the last couple of years i've been rooting for him more because of idiots and smarks like you that don't seem to understand what he is doing. wether you like him or hate him, he's drawing a reaction and attention, and its this more then anything that keeps him in the spot you don't think he should be in. Is he as technically gifted as punk or bryan, no, but he's far more talented then haters give him credit for.

so everytime they announce he's going to be in a match or part of an event, haters buy as many tickets so they can hurl their abuse, and self important 'inner' knowledge of real talent that is held down because of him, not realising that this is part of what wwe wants. it's a pg era version of stone cold. he draws the kids by being a good guy, draws fans wanting to see him either kick ass or get his ass kicked, and sell merchandise both ways without blinking an eye.

Just because he doesn't swear, cheat, sneak attack, and treat everyone around him like shit, his haters attack him for being 'supercena' and that is not a problem with cena. that is a problem with a society that cheers someone for doing those things and thinks that people who don't are lame or old fashioned.

A couple things here: 1) It's not the IWC that wants to screw Bryan. I think it's the IWC and Bryan marks that want Bryan to have his Summer Slam moment.

Are you about to tell me that Bryan should get screwed at Summerslam? I feel like you're about to tell me that Bryan should get screwed at Summerslam.

2) How is Orton cashing in on Bryan at Summer Slam NOT a good idea?

Did you not read my first post?

It gets both guys over. Orton is way over as a face right now.

It would be a good heel turn for Orton and get Bryan some totally unneeded symapthy. Great.

But it also gives WWE the chance to screw up Bryan's momentum by not pulling the trigger on him now when it feels right. CM Punk was screwed out of the WWE title when he was at his hottest. He then went on to have an awful feud with Nash and Triple H, where he lost, and wasn't as hot or as over by the time he got his real WWE title reign. The same goes for Jeff Hardy. People cared that he eventually won the title, but it would've been a much bigger deal at Survivor Series. As a result, Hardy ended up main eventing Smackdown, rather than being a top guy on Raw that he could've been.

Christ, it feels right to give Bryan the belt at Summerslam, so just give him the damn belt at Summerslam.

If he cashes in on Cena, no matter how dirty, people will cheer and he won't get over as a heel. So, that option is off the table. Do you remember Orton's heel character? "Stealing" Bryan's biggest moment of his career will instantly bring back that character and will get Orton booed out of the arena. PLUS, you actually get Bryan further over by having him being "robbed" of the title as virtually every fan will be sympathetic to him. SO, you get Orton way, way over as a heel AND you get Bryan even further over than if you let him keep the belt.

Except, if you had Orton cash-in before Money in the Bank, he could then go on to screw Bryan at Summerslam. That way Bryan gets screwed out of the title, like everyone wants, and Orton gets his heel turn. Plus, it's a great twist to build some extra last minute buzz for Summerslam.

That should only be plan B though, because Orton still shouldn't cash in on Bryan. Bryan should get his big win and that should end the show, or Orton should cash in and lose to end the show. Bryan gets over with two huge pops for two huge victories, then Orton turns heel by attacking Bryan later.

A second title win for Bryan will be nowhere near as special as if he wins properly at Summerslam. Just like Punk beating Del Rio wasn't as special as beating Cena, just like Mankind beating the Rock two more times for the belt wasn't as special as the first time, just like Jeff Hardy's title win, though it wasn't as special as it could've been, was more special than his two others..

I swear to god, it's like people are scared of Bryan winning cause they're worried he'll screw up.

If you have Orton cash in on Bryan let's say on RAW the next night, Orton would get heel heat, but not as much because he wouldn't be "stealing" Bryan's moment.

Orton might get great heat. But Bryan might also lose momentum until his next title win. See the above examples.

You have to think about Orton's heel character. He was the Legend Killer. He can kill the Legend of Daniel Bryan before it begins.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think he doesn't do the Legend Killer gimmick anymore. Sorry.

If he wins the belt and then does the punt to Bryan, (at Summer Slam) they'd seriously risk a riot. He would be booed more than Cena was against The Rock the first time around. How is that not a good idea?

They wouldn't risk a riot, don't be daft.

It's not a good idea because the longer WWE goes without pulling the trigger on Bryan, the more time they give themselves to screw up his momentum. Again, see above examples.

I may be a WWE fan, but I'm willing to admit that their success to failure ratio is 50/50. For every Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle, you have the Nexus and Ryback. Punk is a top guy now, but who knows how much bigger he could be had his return not been botched. Edge had a bad first title reign and took ages to get back his momentum. Orton won his first title, boosted ratings and was getting over as a face until Triple H took the title a month later. And, of course, the Jeff Hardy example.

I've said it ten times and I'll say it again, if WWE don't commit to a Daniel Bryan title reign at Summerslam without Orton screwing him, it's just as likely he will never regain the same momentum as it is he'll get even more over. If WWE actually learn from their mistakes, do they want to take that risk?

The priority should be making Bryan a star, not getting over as a heel. Orton can get himself over as a heel, he doesn't need to screw Bryan. Bryan needs WWE to help make him a star.

How else do you turn Orton, who is one of the biggest faces right now?

Fails to cash in, violently attacks Bryan. That's much more in keeping with the heel Viper character than stealing Bryan's moment. He's not Edge.

Let Bryan have his moment on the second biggest PPV of the year instead of having him beat Orton at Battleground or TLC or some PPV no one cares about. Don't Jeff Hardy him. Bryan is better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back