Whats the Biggest Match WWE can produce right this second without a Part timer?

Whats the Biggest Match WWE could make without Part Timers Right Now?

• John Cena vs Randy Orton

• John Cena vs CM Punk

• Daniel Bryan vs John Cena

• CM Punk vs Randy Orton

• CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan

• A combination of Cena, Punk, Orton and Bryan

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
I was talking to a buddy of mine about next years Wrestlemania and the 3 main events we were discussing involved mostly part timers.... HHH, Brock, Rock, Taker etc....

So we were talking about the current roster..... And wondering if all those part timers got injured or didn't want to wrestle anymore..... Whats the biggest match the WWE could put on to main event a Wrestlemania ?

I think Cena Punk again? Cena Orton? Bryan Punk? It worries me that it could even be Orton Punk as well!

I think Cena Punk or Orton continue to be, after almost 3 years since HHH retired from the full time roster and the rise of Punk, the biggest money match on the WWE right now......

What would you have main event your Wrestlemania if the part timers weren't available?

I'd have to say Punk/Cena based on the fact that their feud needs to end at a WrestleMania. If you look at all of the greatest feuds in WWF/E they've all culminated at 'Mania, Hogan/Savage, Rock/Austin, Brock/Angle etc. and, for me, Punk/Cena is maybe the best feud in the past five years. They have great chemistry in the ring, they always have great matches and they bring the best out of each other. Hell, working with Punk allowed Cena to show the world that he can do more than five moves.

So I'd say that Punk/Cena deserves to have a WrestleMania match.

The whole Pipe bomb feud where Cena and punk were a part of was pretty awesome. Punk always had a no BS, anti-authoritarian attitude and Cena was (and is) the main face of the company. Bryan and Orton are both great wrestlers in their own right, but their characters don't stick up to another fulltimer. They are tweeners, and especially Orton can't really get a good build up unless he's a heel. If orton gets a proper heel turn i'd see Orton/Cena happening too, but for now my bet's on Punk.

In terms of seniority and longevity, it would be Cena vs Orton for sure. These are the two top stars within WWE. However, would it be the highest grossing? I don't know. It certainly isnt' a Rock/Austin, Hogan/Warrior or Hogan/Savage. I think that is part of WWE's problem.

I was thinking about this for Wrestlemania. The fact is there is nothing the "superbowl of wrestling" can give us that we haven't already seen at least a dozen times. The E realizes this and that's why part timers are brought in. It's a sad state of affairs when you have so little confidence of your product that you have to go outside to put on a show people want to spend $65 to see. I can't of anything card, with no part timers, that I would look forward to seeing.

It's John Cena vs. Randy Orton. Yes, they've feuded before but we're talking about two guys that have main evented Wrestlemanias here. Orton's wellness issues, sort of puts a damper on this feud but despite how great Punk has been recently and how great Bryan is, Cena vs. Orton is still the biggest match, and a Wrestlemania match.

I'm not saying Punk and Bryan aren't good but they're simply not the huge draws that Cena and Orton are. Amonst the IWC, sure they are huge but if we're talking about a "big" match then we're talking about a match that all the WWE universe (not just IWC) and mainstream fans would tune in to see. Hell, there are people that don't even know who Daniel Bryan is. Again, before you smarks bash me, I'm not saying Bryan isn't good, I'm just pointing out that Cena vs. Orton is a bigger match than anything with Punk or Bryan involved in it.

In terms of seniority and longevity, it would be Cena vs Orton for sure. These are the two top stars within WWE. However, would it be the highest grossing? I don't know. It certainly isnt' a Rock/Austin, Hogan/Warrior or Hogan/Savage. I think that is part of WWE's problem.

WWE was headed towards a "Rock/Austin" or "Hogan/Warrior" type of scenario with Cena and Orton before Orton's Wellness issues. In fact, when Orton was really peaking I thought he would be bigger than Cena. Obviously he had his injury and wellness issues that put a damper on that but if WWE trusts him again, which it looks like they do, and if he goes heel, I think we're about to see the Age of Orton again. Now that Punk has risen to prominence and Bryan is way over, a resurrection of the "Legend Killer" Orton would really create some interesting stuff for us fans.

The fact is, WWE needs part timers to draw for Wrestlemania - Rock, Taker, Brock, Jericho etc.

As stated a few times - Cena vs Orton is probably the biggest match they could do for Wrestlemania without part time talent. Throw Bryan vs Punk onto the same card, Rey vs Sin Cara and a streak match between Taker and Sheamus/Ryback, despite Taker being less than part time because this is a WM mainstay then you will draw well but wont break records.

The only reason Cena/Orton may hypothetically draw more at this time is because it hasn't happened in a while. CM Punk is a bigger star than Orton right now, but he's had PPV matches and even TV matches with Cena in the past year. It's going to need some time before they can draw big numbers again.

It's Daniel Bryan vs John Cena, has been for a while and they're doing it at Summerslam.

It's a big title win, Bryan is over as hell and Cena is the only one that can possibly legitimize him.

Orton has become LESS important since his feud with Cena, whereas Cena went up in stock, Punk has already faced everyone by virtue of his 10,000 day title run, and Ziggler isn't ready yet BROTHERDUDEJACK.

Which kind of narrows down the true money matches WWE can feasibly do to Cena/Taker for the Streak at Wrestlemania.

A friend suggested an idea to me, and I am going to post it, but it is not my idea I just really like it.

What happens if at SummerSlam Cena vs. Bryan ends with Bryan pinning Cena, and Orton comes out to cash in money in the bank like everyone expects him to. The match starts, but as soon as Orton goes for the RKO Bryan reverses it into a small package and pins Orton too. That would get the crowd really going crazy for Bryan and would also set up a triple threat match between the three of them at Night of Champions.

The biggest match WWE can produce right now without a part timer is a Fatal Fourway between John Cena, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, and CM Punk. Fatal Fourways can be epic if the right wrestlers are in them and each are booked strongly as potential winners. One of the best ones was in 2007 between John Cena, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, and Edge. If they could put on a match similar to that one with the current top guys then that would be amazing. The best part is, none of them are part timers. It would elevate Punk further and help Bryan establish himself permanently in the main event.

It's better than all of the other options. Cena VS Orton has been done and can be big again at Wrestlemania or another bigger PPV brand if it gets enough build. Cena VS Punk has been done, that feud needs a break. Daniel Bryan VS Cena can be and should be huge, but the Fatal Fourway would be far superior. Punk VS Orton wouldn't be as big of a deal as Cena VS Punk was. The same can be said for Bryan VS Orton. Punk VS Bryan is the best in-ring match of all of the options. Then there are a few triple threat combinations they can do, although in my opinion fatal fourway matches are always better than triple threats. The best they can possibly do is the Fatal Fourway. It gives all of them a chance to showcase why they are top guys.

A friend suggested an idea to me, and I am going to post it, but it is not my idea I just really like it.

What happens if at SummerSlam Cena vs. Bryan ends with Bryan pinning Cena, and Orton comes out to cash in money in the bank like everyone expects him to. The match starts, but as soon as Orton goes for the RKO Bryan reverses it into a small package and pins Orton too. That would get the crowd really going crazy for Bryan and would also set up a triple threat match between the three of them at Night of Champions.

Orton is winning the belt. Orton "stealing" the title from Bryan will get Bryan more over than if Orton cashes in and Bryan pins him. PLUS, with an Orton cash in on Bryan (and win) it gets Orton over as a mega heel AND it puts Bryan so far over into a different realm so WWE gets a double benefit from it.

If Orton cashes in and loses, that won't get him over as a heel. He has to steal the title from Bryan, that's the only (and quickest) way to get Orton over as a heel. Fans love Orton and the only way they'll boo him is if he takes the title from Bryan in a heelish manner.

I voted for Punk/Bryan as Bryan is over right now and will remain over for the foreseeable future.
However, I am also of the opinion that, if done the right way (a stretch for Vince and HHH), you might have a Steamboat/Savage type buildup and payoff with Bryan and Cesaro. These 2 obviously know each other very well. And their match a couple weeks ago is STILL be talked about as match of the year.
It is true that WWE needs the part time guys for Mania to sell
Here is how I ultimately think it shakes down card wise:

Bryan vs Cesaro for the WWE title(yes I know that means a big push and maybe a Rumble win for Cesaro)

Ziggler vs Orton for the WHC (Zigs beats Sandow and Orton gets a shot after losing the WWE to Bryan after cashing in)

Axel vs Kofi vs Truth vs Miz vs Barrett in an IC ladder match

Here is where we get the part timers

Punk/Austin
Cena/Taker
HHH/Matt Morgan (for Vince) for control of the company w/Steph as guest ref

Considering where Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton are at right now, I don't think they would be the ones to help draw 1 million buys at Wrestlemania. That's not to say that they won't in the future, but we still have to see how big Bryan is going to get and whether or not Orton can recapture his former glory.

That only leaves Cena and Punk. The funny thing is, if Punk hadn't returned until Wrestlemania 28 after leaving the WWE title, and the angle progressed with Punk wrestling in ROH and Japan, with WWE trying to kayfabe ignore it, but allowing Punk to advertise it as much as possible, I think Cena vs Punk could've hit 1 million.

With an angle as good as the summer of Punk 2011, it's entirely possible that Cena and Punk could hit 1 million. If Cena, as WWE champion, turned heel just a month or two before Mania and was facing Punk, who won the Royal Rumble, that is probably the best chance of hitting 1 million without part-timers.

People can talk all they want about how turning Cena heel would be a bad idea, or it's not necessary. But no one here can deny that if Cena turned heel at Summerslam, we would all sure as hell be watching the Raw after that. It might just be in the short term, but heel Cena would be a great draw, especially with fans who stopped watching wrestling because of Cena. Hell, even most TNA fanboys would check in on Raw if they heard Cena turned. So yeah, that's how I'd go about trying to get 1 million buys at Wrestlemania without Rock, Lesnar, Trips or Undertaker.

Yes! This is what I've been suggesting since Orton won the case. Let Bryan have his moment at Summerslam, rather than Orton taking the belt and Bryan getting his special moment at some second rate PPV, like Jeff Hardy had to settle for. Orton can still have his big heel turn and become champion in the future.

Or, since the IWC is so intent on screwing Bryan at Summerslam, have Orton cash in the Raw before Summerslam. He's supposed to cash in when we least expect it, right? Well, everyone expects it at Summerslam, just do it 6 days before Summerslam, catch everyone off guard, make the WWE title match a triple threat, then have Vince screw Bryan and Cena at the Pay Per View.

Sorry, everyone else, but Orton cashing in after Bryan wins at Summerslam isn't actually that good an idea.

but we still have to see how big Bryan is going to get and whether or not Orton can recapture his former glory.

That's the key thing here, can Orton recapture his former glory? A lot of fans have forgotten how big Orton was during his premier feuds with Cena, Triple H, etc. I think he was on his way to surpassing John Cena, as hard as that is to believe. If Orton hadn't had the wellness issues or injuries, where would he be right now?

Maybe I'm too confident in Randy but I just think that he's finally "paid his dues" to WWE for the Wellness violations by being in meaningless feuds and putting some people over. If the old heel Orton is back, he's going to be back to the top of the mountain, neck and neck with Cena, very, very quickly.

Yes! This is what I've been suggesting since Orton won the case. Let Bryan have his moment at Summerslam, rather than Orton taking the belt and Bryan getting his special moment at some second rate PPV, like Jeff Hardy had to settle for. Orton can still have his big heel turn and become champion in the future.

Or, since the IWC is so intent on screwing Bryan at Summerslam, have Orton cash in the Raw before Summerslam. He's supposed to cash in when we least expect it, right? Well, everyone expects it at Summerslam, just do it 6 days before Summerslam, catch everyone off guard, make the WWE title match a triple threat, then have Vince screw Bryan and Cena at the Pay Per View.

Sorry, everyone else, but Orton cashing in after Bryan wins at Summerslam isn't actually that good an idea.

A couple things here: 1) It's not the IWC that wants to screw Bryan. I think it's the IWC and Bryan marks that want Bryan to have his Summer Slam moment.

2) How is Orton cashing in on Bryan at Summer Slam NOT a good idea? It gets both guys over. Orton is way over as a face right now. If he cashes in on Cena, no matter how dirty, people will cheer and he won't get over as a heel. So, that option is off the table. Do you remember Orton's heel character? "Stealing" Bryan's biggest moment of his career will instantly bring back that character and will get Orton booed out of the arena. PLUS, you actually get Bryan further over by having him being "robbed" of the title as virtually every fan will be sympathetic to him. SO, you get Orton way, way over as a heel AND you get Bryan even further over than if you let him keep the belt.

If you have Orton cash in on Bryan let's say on RAW the next night, Orton would get heel heat, but not as much because he wouldn't be "stealing" Bryan's moment. You have to think about Orton's heel character. He was the Legend Killer. He can kill the Legend of Daniel Bryan before it begins. If he wins the belt and then does the punt to Bryan, (at Summer Slam) they'd seriously risk a riot. He would be booed more than Cena was against The Rock the first time around. How is that not a good idea?

How else do you turn Orton, who is one of the biggest faces right now?

The biggest match without part timers? I voted for John Cena vs CM Punk. The reason is simple, look at the past 2 years in the WWE and the two top guys are both John Cena and CM Punk. They have had awesome feuds and great matches (some even match of the year candidates) like the Raw match they had back in Feb. At this point, if you wanted a really big PPV buy-rate your looking at Cena/Punk at WrestleMania.

Bryan Vs. Cena, there is a reason why this is the ME of SummerSlam people. Right now Bryan is the hottest thing in WWE, it doesn't matter where they go the Bearded Wonder always gets one of if not the biggest pop of the night, & whether you love or hate him Cena has consistently been the biggest draw in this company for the better part of the past 10 yrs. & that's not likely to change any time soon. Right this very second, Bryan vs. Cena is far & away the biggest match WWE can produce with out bring in a part timer.

I think the biggest match in the WWE that could be done right now with no "part timers" is John Cena versus Orton in a Hell in the Cell, Match at Mania. They have had quality feuds in the past and if Orton would proverbially flip the switch back to sadisisitc heel this feud could be great. It hasn't happened in a while, can be made to look big and they have history. It's all the matters for a great feud.

Although two other questionable current roster members who could potentially be seen as big money matches could include:

Vince with up and comer fighting for him VS Cena

The Great khali VS Cena (at Wrestlemania in India) partially joking but I'm serious this would draw in the right circumstances.

The biggest match WWE could produce right now without resorting to part timers would unquestionably be face Daniel Bryan versus heel John Cena. I realize that is considered blasphemy by some people on here, but that would be the ultimate match available to WWE at the moment without them dipping into their pool of former or part time talent.

Bryan is crazy over at the moment. Fans want to cheer for him. They want the guy to succeed and have his Wrestlemania moment. And a significant number of people want to boo John Cena, while others still are screaming for WWE to do something to inject some life and surprise and intrigue into the otherwise same old same old John Cena. How better to satisfy both sides of the equation, by elevating the (arguably) most over guy on the roster while at the same time, shocking the world with the Cena heel turn many feel would be impossible.

They wouldn't have to turn him heel forever, as according to the IWC, the drop off in merchandise sales, the lack of a mainstream go to guy, and the effect upon such groups as Make a Wish would cause the Earth to stop rotating. But continuing the gradual elevation of Daniel Bryan, while rocking the professional wrestling world with the apocalyptic Cena heel turn in the short term would be awesome. After a few months, Cena sees the error of his ways and turns back. His existing audience would return, and he may expand his audience at the same time. And we now have another staunchly established main guy in the company. The question is, would the WWE have the balls to do it? And would the collective entity of the IWC ever recover from it?

The Great khali VS Cena (at Wrestlemania in India) partially joking but I'm serious this would draw in the right circumstances.

With the winner facing Hornswoggle and Ricardo Rodriguez in a Triple Threat Hell in a cell, Iron Man Match

Man those matches on the polls are all rematches and have been done numerous time. The fact that sheamus, del rio and swagger the so called "main eventer" cant even provide one big dream match alternative pretty much sums up their value.

Those matches will draw fine for summerslam, survivor series and royal rumble. But i cant see wrestlemania being headlined by those matches.

Cm punk vs john cena definitely can headline mania but just not now. Its been done gazillion time, its overkill. Unless you add in a stipulation like hell in a cell even then ill still considered a top second tier match. Have these two stay away from each other for couple years aleast.

Cena vs Orton. This couldve/shouldve been a wrestlemania dream match back in 2005. The top main eventer at their prime with alot of similarities to go one on one at mania. Though wwe messed up with the booking somehow along the way. Again wm30, to me, it is a top second tier match at most to me.

For the rest of the matches listed on the poll, i consider them top second/third tier match at most.

So in the end you do need The Rock, HHH, Taker, Brock to give you that one top tier headliner match for mania.

There were ppl complaining how the rock is taking spotlight away from young talent and he is the cause for their demotion. BS BS. Its freaking Wrestlemania!! You see how hard it is to make a money match for the company with the current roster without involving the part timers?? Because there is none.

They are doing it at Summerslam with Cena vs Bryan, but looking further down the track I think Cena vs Punk at Mania is the one, it's a rivalry that has been WWE's best since the end of the Ruthless Aggression era and at a Mania, with both as faces, fans wouldn't know what to expect and the promos leading up would be excellent as they have so many differences and so much history to draw on.

This thread really just highlights the fact that John Cena is the only true (full time) Main Eventer in WWE right now. CM Punk is a 2nd tier or maybe even 3rd tier top guy but he certainly is not on the same level as Cena. Orton is not on the level as Punk- maybe he could be- but his character is lame and has been for years. DB is gaining momentum but he is still an uppermid card guy at best. Even if he had the belt on him, he would not be a major Main Eventer. The best WWE could do is Cena Vs. _ really anyone could (and a lot have) been slated into that gap. WWE will get another guy like Cena but for now WWE needs the part time guys to add depth to the top part of the card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back