What's Happening in Hollywood?

Discussion in 'The WrestleZone Symposium' started by SSJPhenom, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Spidey

Spidey Should've Reinstated The Fox
    E-Fed Mod

Well, yeah. You're well within you're right if you felt uncomfortable about it. No question. Theres a reason why they're called co-workers instead of besties. You're there to work. Not kiss, hug, make a pass, grab ass, etc. That's just what being in a professional environment is.

There are ways to show support to your colleagues that doesn't require getting handsy or saying things that sound flirtatious.

2. HBK-aholic

HBK-aholic Shawn Michaels ❤

Not going to bother re-replying to this, so here:

Bold specifically.

Boy, you are making this easy for me.

Reasons someone may feel unable to 'do something about it':

I realise you're attempting to have one of us say 'No, don't be stupid, of course that doesn't count!'. But it does - you would absolutely be within your rights to speak to your manager about her sexual conduct if you felt it inappropriate or uncomfortable, male or female.

What you don't seem to grasp is that just because YOU don't constitute something as harassment, doesn't make that thing suddenly not harassment. For example, if you kissed me at work I would kick you in the balls, but you feel thats ok. The solution is simple. Don't do that shit.

You're acting as if you're constantly at risk of being accused of sexual harassment, because you somehow believe it's your right to touch your co-workers and if they say no, or complain - they're being selfish - SERIOUSLY? That alone tells me everything I need to know about you. So, to keep everyone safe, you keep your hands and lips to yourself unless expressly given consent to do otherwise. Why is that so difficult to grasp?

3. SSJPhenom

SSJPhenom The Phenom of WZ

And see, there you finally did it. Good on you. That was the point of this thread. That's what I wanted to discuss. Is sexual harassment black or white where context doesn't matter or is it a grey area where different people accept different things? She hugged and kissed me on the cheek. I didn't feel harassed or that she had anything else running through her mind except, "Yay, my CPU isn't freezing up every other mouse click". Some people would feel different. That's what I wanted to explore. So I grasp what you seem to think I can't grasp. If someone hugged you at work you'd assualt them. Context be damned. I would or wouldn't based on context.

For the record, I would never question a woman's, man's, or anyone's claim of sexual harassment. If someone came to me and said they'd been harassed at work I'd tell them to report it and if they refused I'd probably do it for them. No place for anyone at any workplace to feel uncomfortable. Work is hard enough as it is.

I'm not going to respond to this to much. This is just more of your typical, "I'm on my soap box so listen and let me belittle you too for the sake of it.". Tells me all I need to know about you.

As I've said many many times, I don't do any of that stuff. Besides a rare compliment, I'd say everything I do at work I'd never have to worry about. Of course because I say I don't necessarily see a hug and such as sexual harassment then I must be a sexual harassing perv. Amirite?

Stone Cold Tea likes this.