Whatcha Think Of My European Super Group Idea?

Bone For Tuna

Registered Loser
I'm not going to go off on some huge fantasy booking thing and do Mania to Mania but I've had this idea in my head for a while now and wanted to see what others thought. So, basically I'm thinking a group lead by Barrett and also consisting of Sheamus, Cesaro, Neville, Paige and maybe Regal debuts, I was thinking the night after Mania (maybe even purposely snub them all to the pre show, except for Paige, just to add fuel to the fire) and when they debut, have it go down almost exactly like when Nexus first debuted. Have them all come in, maybe during a huge main event, say, Cena/Bryan 2, completely ruin it for everyone, kick the shit and destroy everything and this time around, don't have Cena immediatly make them look like fools and I think this thing could take off and make for months of quality television. There's so much talent in the names I just mentioned combined and besides Paige and Neville, who hasn't debuted yet but might with a fucking Mighty Mouse gimmick, all these guys have just been coasting. Yeah, Barrett just came back from a lengthy injury, but personally seeing him win his 47th IC title doesn't really do much for me.

Again, without going too in depth my group would be structured with Barrett as the leader and a prominent player in the WHC scene, Sheamus & Cesaro tagging to me sounds awesome as hell, two super hard hitting, take no shit dudes, and their names like that really, have a good ring to it. I think debuting Neville as a part of this would give him a huge rub and having him next to Barrett would cover whatever he may be lacking on the microphone. That's also why I have Regal, I think he could be great as the brains behind the group and the voice for Neville, Sheamus & Cesaro, who are all awesome in the ring but might be lacking in that department, some say. Paige, obviously is the female in the group.

As for others, affiliates and enemies. They can fued with Cena, Ambrose, Reigns, Ziggler, ect. obviously but some of the other ideas I had were, to fued with Balor & Itami once they are called up. The story behind that being the group looks to openly recruit Balor, but he says something along the lines of although he is proud of his Irish roots obviously, he is just as proud of his time spent in Japan and right now the only alliance he wants to be apart of is teaming with Itami and showing the world what they can do together, blah, blah, blah. The real, off camera reason I don't have Balor join? He's money on his own, without the paint but with it, holy shit move over Jeff Hardy. Itami, I dunno. Honestly, without Balor I think Itami gets lost in the shuffle and forgotten, I think it's probably best to play it out as a tag team, Balor as the weirdo, and Itami as the wtf? confused asian. Or, it turns out Itami is way weirder than anyone could have imagined and there ya go.

Another idea I had was teasing Rusev joining, again with them openly trying to recruit him, but him and Lana turning them down on some Russian pride bullshit. Then Jack Swagger goes absolutely bananas and blood thirsty for some reason, destroying Colter, turning his back on America, pledging his allegiance to the new European Alliance Thingy (I don't have a name). I don't know how exactly it goes down but Swagger goes postal at some point, turning his back on everything, the group either takes him in or doesn't (I'm undecided, they don't have to which could cause him just to act as some kind of geurilla one man army) and somehow, someway fucking Lana falls for him, she betrays Rusev, Rusev goes face, joins Colter and the two of them team up, America and fucking Russia team up in the WWE for once, to take on infedilitly, betrayel, greed, ect. I don't got this one down all the way yet, but a blood thirsty Jack Swagger with a berat on, shitting on America when the Europeans are even just kind of like "hey man, did you have to piss on their flag?" is an image I haven't been able to shake.

So, what do you guys think? Did you even bother to read all that? Personally, I think it accomplishes a lot. It gives Barrett a platform to really get over to the next level, it gives a reason for people to care and get emotionally invested in Sheamus and Cesaro and it gives them a voice, we all know they're both great workers, but this would make them relevant, it gives Neville a huge rub right out of the gate, and Paige is already a star pretty much but it adds to her stock as well. Regal's just the fucking man and always has been so that's that.

The Bullet Club is the hottest thing going right now. I'm not saying they should go full TNA and copy it to a tee but some black shirts with the names Barrett - Sheamus - Cesaro - Neville - Paige - Regal, down the back could be pretty badass. Looking back on it, that's a lot to read and I don't blame anyone for not doing so. If ya did, would it work this day in age? I mean, I know they would probably fuck it up but does it sound as cool to anyone else as it does to me?

my concern with such a faction is that they typically work better when the country actually has animosity with the United States. Back in the day, Iran and Russia differences made booing the Iran Sheik, Volkoff, etc. a big deal. Similarly today with Rusev. WWE is actively in Europe pushing shows and its network. Look at recent history. Mahal/Khali and Cesaro in his early days, it gets a little reaction early on then it disappears. Even Barrett was tweaked to be more of a generic heel instead of that guy from England bashing the US. Not a bad idea I just don’t know if today's WWE would do it.

As long as they don't go with the "hostile foreigner" bit, I think it'd be interesting. I'm not interested in the "We despise all you Yanks" kinda stuff because it wouldn't work really, considering that the UK & US have been staunch allies for about a century or so. But seeing a group of European wrestlers ban together for a sense of community and support while they try to make things better for themselves could work as there'd be loads of talent.

If it'd get Neville out of this supposed Might Mouse gimmick, that alone would be worth the creation of the group. As far as how the group could work in terms of who would be where, I could see Barrett as the main eventer of the group, Sheamus in the IC title picture, Cesaro & Neville as a tag team and, obviously, Paige as the Diva with William Regal sort of being the mentor of the group.

really? u went from a decent idea on paper to some piece of trash fiction with jack swagger. if anything it would force jack or coulter to recruit thier own allies leading up to a traditional survivor series match then poof after that, nothing. i dont really see it elevating anybody except maybe slight rubs from being in a higher profile angle. but for entertainment purposes, id say jack swagger, charlotte from nxt, and maybe some guys that need the rub to get into the main event picture to combat this new alliance

Yeah, right because Jack Swagger's character right now is totally cool and hip and God Bless America and all that shit, man think outside the box. Swagger going totally crazy, breaking peoples ankles left and right AND having Lana by his side and completely infatuated with this new crazy, blood thirsty Swagger, would be interesting compared to the tired "We The People" shtick. How much longer do you want to see that? Some character progression for a wrestler who is incredible inside the ring wouldn't be a bad thing, but hey maybe that's just me.

For the record, Swagger would be the only one I would have really shitting on America. I'd have Barrett's whole deal be he's focused on the title, more so than anything and Regal assembled the rest so that he could make sure they succeed and aren't lost in the shuffle. Make it so the suits finally take notice of these guys. Yeah, they would take shots at America but it would totally more so just be straight up we're the best wrestlers here, we've been passed by time and time again and were done taking a backseat. There is no need to go all Jim Cornette with this and make it a full blow Global Wars thing, these guys are all just awesome enough wrestlers, have them turn up the intensity and give them some focus, I think this could be used as a platform to make em all a little more money. Let me reiterate, I think Swagger getting totally caught up in everything, turning on America and taking shots at it every second (while wearing shades in doors, with a berat and Lana be his side) would be hilarious, but other than that, yeah, they're just awesome wrestlers, banding together in an effort to better all their stock.

it don't need to be european but it can be indy/nxt guys i mean it would work but its like the nexus all over again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back