What WWE Wrestler Needs a New Finisher

I think it would be great for Kennedy to use the Razor's Edge, the Mic Check isn't bad, but it has been used by many different wrestlers in the past and they have never kept it as a finisher either.

I agree Santino needs a finisher, anything he is great on the mic but has shown no wrestling ability at all.

Snitsky-I still dont think he serves a purpose on the show, but the big boot and pump handle slam dont cut it, if you want him to be a monster give him a move that is devastating, maybe he could use the Razor's Edge.

BRING BACK THE RAZOR'S EDGE!!!!!!!!!!

Some might think I've lost my mind, but I think Edge needs to stop using the spear and go back to some of his old finishers. Like the Impaler DDT, that was a great finisher. I love seeing it. Or the Edgeucator, that was an aewsome submission manuver. Would like to see more wresrlers use a submission moves. THEY'RE GREAT!

The mic check is a pretty good finisher as its incredibly versatile and he can do it to anyone at anytime, unlike the green bay plunge. And really when a guy goes out of the way to name a finisher for himself , hes probably gonna use it for a while, like everyone else just called MVPs finisher the overdrive when they used it but now that MVP calls it the playmaker it seems more like his own move.

According to Wikipedia, so you know it's true!, Santino uses the an inverted swinging neckbreaker as his finishing move and used standing inverted fujiwara armbar while he was in OVW. Unless he's been using the neckbreaker during house shows, I've never seen it.

Seems a few of people have been using a reverse STO as of late, Shelton, Drew McIntyre, Kennedy. Edge and Carlito have used it too. It works I guess, better than the Green Bat Plunge, deffanitly.

MVP's overdrive needs scrapping big time, I read on another board that he used to perfom a pretty stiff kick and occasionaly a springboard SSP - if he broke that out at WM, againt Matt Hardy I'd mark out for hours on end!

1.MVP (a future star) but has a crappy finisher.
2.Snitsky by the way what's his finisher? pump handle slam or whatever it's called looks very weak
3.shelton his old t-bone suplex was a basic move and his new finisher doesn't look too good

MVP should use the Million Dollar Dream - think that a good submission finisher is what he needs. Otherwise a Death Valley Driver would outshine the FU.

Kennedy maybe something simple like a hanging brainbuster while his opponent hangs upside down he uses his other hand to mock reaching for his microphone then crashes down.

List of Superstars that need new finishers

Edge: I mean a spear WTF Edge is 100 pounds soaking wet with 2 bricks in his pocket you can't convince me that his spear finishes people. It should be a set up for his finisher which he used previously it was a submission move called the Edgucator. He's Canadian, and canadian wrestlers are best know for there submission finishing moves. If he lead with that move I think it would elevate his popularity even as a heel.

I liked the dominator for bobby lashley not that running powerslam - but he is gone from wwe.

Snitsky's pump handle slam is okay but needs work.

Whats with Matt hardy having two moves. He has the side affect and the twist of fate. Share the wealth The side affect should go to another wrestler like Shelton Benjamin or Johnny Nitro both of there current moves SUCK ASS.

Rey Mysterio needs a new move other than that west coast pop, the 619 is cool but the west coast pop sucks....

if mvp could reverse his overdrive it would look sick also mr kennedys mic check is good but it needs a little more power put into it . mark henry should leave for 6 months go on the biggestloser come back ten i might consider his trainwrecks of finishers. they should give khali some sort of delayed suplex to show his height, also the peron in the wwe who needs a finisher the most is shelton benjamin he could skyrocket to sucess with a good finisher i just dont know what ......

List of Superstars that need new finishers

Edge: I mean a spear WTF Edge is 100 pounds soaking wet with 2 bricks in his pocket you can't convince me that his spear finishes people. It should be a set up for his finisher which he used previously it was a submission move called the Edgucator. He's Canadian, and canadian wrestlers are best know for there submission finishing moves. If he lead with that move I think it would elevate his popularity even as a heel.

I agree Edge should change his lead finisher no one would get taken down that easy by a 200 something pound man. Edge should change his lead finisher back the Edgucution, (Modified D.T.D.) This move was quick and easy and I liked the way he did it. Also Edge should use his Edgucator from time to time I haven't seen that in a while.

But really I think MVP should change his finisher, OverDrive/PlayMaker? I would rename this move "The Face Plant" this would hert MVP more than it would his opponent, but I'm not sure what he should change it too though.

Mr. Kennedy needs something out than the Blackout DDT. I honestly didn't see what was wrong with the Steam Roller he had, or the Greenbay Plunge. But I don't think that move will get Kennedy any fame. Orlando Jordan was okay with it, but something bugs me about Ken using it.

another thing if cena changed things up and added the widow maker to his finishers it might be cool but we all know cena only adds a move every 4 years so we gotta wait till 2010 for this to happen

Kane: The chokeslam is such a normal move for every big guy. It's no more special when Kane does it. Too bad they gave that cool new submission move to Undertaker and not Kane.

Edge: The Spear could be his occasional finisher, but he could use a different one.

Cody Rhodes: Same thing with his DDT.

Nitro: A swinging neckbreaker just doesn't cut it.

Mark Henry: A bearhug?

MVP- It looks so funny. He falls on his face. He should use some sort of submission hold.

Matt Hardy- Almost every superstar has 2 finishers, only a select few like Kane, HBK, and HHH can get by with the impact of just one finisher. I think Matt needs a second to compliment the Twist Of Fate. Some sort of top rope move maybe.

Miz- Knee to the face + neckbracker = Finisher???? I dont think so.

Morrison- The swinging neckbracker is pretty, but just not finisher material.

I completely agree with everyone who said Edge. I mean his spear looks pretty effective but I doubt it will take every man down. I miss the edgecution. He should go back using that movie instead.

Also, I would reccomend that Snitsky get a new finisher too. I know that he doesn't wrestle on tv that often but seriously, if you are trying to become a monster heel than you need to be using something else instead of the weak pump handle slam.

I think CM Punk needs a new finisher. He's more of a submission type of guy and the GTS doesn't even looks like it connects. He uses that move way too much. He should use the Anaconda Vice again as a second finisher. He used it when he first came to WWE but has stopped. I think he should go back to it. I think Edge should use the Edgecution some more too.

Didn't MVP use a nice Deathlock on Benoit during their 2 out of 3 falls a while back? Might be a sweet maneuver if you can manage to add a little something to it. He could always call his Submission finish the Shutout, has a nice ring to it. I always liked Danielson's Cattle Mutilation and I don't know how that might look in a Crab position... A sort of Full-Nelson Camel Clutch.

Now if you're gonna be using a standing fireman carry, you might as well use the Widowmaker. You hook the leg, you flip the upper body. Much more impact to the neck and head...

As for Edge, I liked the Edge-O-Matic. Just not convinced it could ever be a genuine finisher, but the spear definitely sucks. Good for a momentum shift but no more.

Kennedy? As much as I like the KennedyDT, I think he should be more suited for a Fisherman Buster or something like the Shovel Driver (elevated inverted DDT dropped as a driver). A variation of the Crossface is also an option.

Guys like Batista and Khali don't need new finishers, they need a new walk of life... Let's not try to improve on the "My name is Batista and I use a Bomb" finisher as his very limited skills make the basic version already oh so very difficult. What a joke! Built like a brick wall and he can't even properly lift anybody over 225 pounds. Good thing he has that "wicked" and "devastating" spine buster...

We have to accept the fact that considering WWE's vast list of banned maneuvers, the options are very limited in reality. Lashley dropped the Dominator probably because most high profile wrestlers wouldn't take it. I for one would invert the World's Strongest Slam, front-first, baby!

The list is huge but it is greatly cut down by WWE's restrictions. Ask Paul London who must really be appreciating those long years of training...
Somehow I doubt they would end up giving anybody a Burning Hammer finisher. Could be fun to watch, though...

P.S: Mysterio doesn't need a new finisher. He can pin 350+ pound guys with a short-range body splash. A body splash for crying out loud!! Some people have been trying to make me understand that he has a "BIG" heart, but somehow I doubt that sort of heart would make a chipmunk heavier.

Kennedy's Mic Check is a great new finisher. I always like the green bay plunge but then he stopped doing that of the second rope and it turned into a poor version of the Steam Roller.

Shelton's "Super Kick" was overrated and his new inverted bulldog is great. I think my version is better though i used it way b4 him :p

MVP needs a new finisher. Overdrive is a rookie's finisher. Orton used it in his rookie year. Test used it in his rookie year. MVP needs a new finisher if he is going to carry this company.

Brian Kendrick can pull off a lot of huge moves but is still using the sliced bread #2. He has had that move since 2003 and i think it is time for a new move.

C.M. Punk needs a new finisher. Why lift a guy up onto your shoulders just to drop him on your knee? And the worst thing is he'll never be able to do that move to bigger guys.

I think theres nothing wrong with having a simple finisher. I know some of you are against things like DDT or Spear or a Big Boot. To me what matters is how you set up your move, if you perform your move nice, and if your move fits your character.

I hate it when wrestlers use complicated moves that are awkward and often times get botched or it just doesn't come off looking very smoothly. I'm hope Kennedy is done with the Green Bay Plunge. For the most part I'm against heels having top rope moves unless it's part of their gimmick like it was with heel rob van dam or John Morrison. I really hope MVP does something else other than the Playmaker, it just never looks right. I don't think CM Punk is strong enough, or coordinated enough to pull off Go To Sleep.

I would actually love to see it go back to the old days where you could win a match with a knee drop. To me that's reasonably realistic. I mean someone dropping their knee on your face would really hurt especially after a grueling stand up brawling match. But yeah, I think simple finishers are good. JBL's closeline was perfect for him. Screw some of this fancy shit.

I think Randy Orton's head kick is awesome and should be used as his main finisher actually instead of the RKO.

Paul London needs a finisher because I don't think he's allowed to SSP anymore. I was thinking some sort of flying Enzuguri would be good for him.

Kennedy and MVP need new finishers. CM Punk should use the anaconda vice more often. The pepsi plunge was cool but I don't think triple h would let him since its so close to his pedigree.

Definitely Mr. Kennedy. The Mic Check is an okay move, but it's not really a credible move for a finisher. He'd better change again if he wants to main event one day.

i think rey mysterio, once he comes back from his injury, he definitely needs to change it up a bit. am i the only one who has gotten bored with the 619 and seated senton? granted, im not a big mysterio fan, but that's because he pulls the same moves week after week after week, sure he can fly, but he needs a finisher that says that he can use his leverage in order to create some real offense, not just high-flier offense.

Santino needs a finisher, although I can't ever remember him pinning anybody besides Umaga (and that was with outside help.) But now he needs a finisher, unless they want us to get tired of seeing Carlito's back stabber every week.

im thinking cm punk should change up his finisher: after lifting the opponent on his shoulder, instead of hitting them with one knee while standing up, he should do the new y2j finisher with both knees to the face while falling on his back. also, y2j should scrap his finisher lol...but its amazing how the crowd already reacts to it.

also, imagine mvp with the figure four leglock. he definitely needs a submission move (like angle, shamrock, benoit, etc.) to make him seem like an all-around type of wrestler.

I'd like to see Jeff Hardy with a new finisher. The Swanton Bomb just doesn't cut it for me. I don't see it as being all that "high-risk." It's a move you can easily pull off just by standing on the mat. I think a nice backflip off the top ropes into a DDT would suit him nicely. Can't remember what that's called, at the moment.

I'd also like to see Kane use something other than the chokeslam. I thought a finisher was supposed to be somewhat unique. Who else uses a chokeslam? Undertaker, Khali, Big Show, and I'm sure Big Fatty V could pull one off. I'd like to see Kane use some type of move that'd just drill his opponent into the mat.

I think CM Punk or Cody Rhodes need a new finisher, something along the lines of going for a stalling suplex, but then making their opponent fall face down, like a DDT, it looks cool, if any of you have Smackdown vs RAW 2007/2008, i think its called Facebuster 1, i think it would be a good, quick, impactful finisher for Punk, or it could even be used by Chavo Guerrero, its better than his brainbuster. Someone else who i think needs a new finisher is Batista, wow, a powerbomb, and half the time, he cant even get them up all the way, like this friday agianst MVP, he needs something else...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back