• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What WWE Wrestler Needs a New Finisher

ok most definitely Mr. Kennedy. That move is so beyond lame, it's not even funny anymore. The first timeI saw the guy do it, I was like alright, thats new. Nothing really too impressive though. The move barely looks devastating at all.

MVP too, the playmaker? come on mang, thats a cool name for a finishing move but seriously man, does that really make plays? i always feel sorry to which ever wrestler has to drop to that crappy move. That would barely stun you.

What I have seen kennedy do, which if he tweaked it a bit would be pretty nice, I think it is a reverse STO. Like instead of going forward and throwing the opponent on thier back, he would go backwards and they would fall on their face. I always liked that move. It would probably fit Kennedy well if he did it with more speed. What do you all think?

I think that Santino should use the roll of the dice.

MVP could use the Un-prettier (unless Candice still uses it).

Gangrel's DDT (not the one Edge uses) was sick, Mr Kennedy could use that.

If done safely, how about the Piledriver, the best piledriver IMO was by Billy Gunn (don't laugh)

Other moves that could be used are the Cloverleaf, Double Arm DDT (Makind won the WWF title against Stone Cold at SummerSlam 99 with the Double Arm), perhaps the Michinoku Driver or even the Rkishi Driver.

There are many wrestlers that need new finishers, but what about the superstars who dont even have finshers??? Eg, Cody Rhodes(I dont think ddt should be a finsher), Santino Marella needs one so bad. Many others lyk D.H Smith etc.

Does anyone remember when Carlito used a reverse swinging neckbreaker as his finisher? it can be seen in elimination chamber 2005.. before edge wins the title... santino would be perfect for that as its a sneak attack from behind... I think mvp should have a submission finsher as he is a techniqual wrestler, his not a power machine or high flyer so it would be perfect

I def. think that Mr.Kennedy needs a new finisher or atleast be allowed to do the Green Bay Plunge. Every succesful wrestler has a move that has impact to it. Except that leg drop. I just don't like him using the complete shot or the steam roller. I need to see something that'll be like "Oh yeah he hit it, it's over."

Mr Kennedy most definitely needs a finisher in place as he continues to bounce around with the complete shot, steam roller and Green Bay Plunge. He also had a neckbreaker finisher that got scraped for whatever reason.

Edge is a great wrestler but his spear comes off extremely weak looking. I would love to see him start using the Edgecution or Edgecator again.

I would also prefer MVP to use a new finisher as the overdrive is typically used as a transition one for new superstars.

I also agree with many of you who claimto miss CM Punk's Anaconda Vice. I feel that was one of the most effective submission finishers around and it's a shame we don't have the privilege to see it put on anymore. I'm a fan of the GTS but I feel it would be a fantastic set up for the Anaconda Vice.

Santino should have a submission, something like a triangle hold, since his original gimmick was suppose to be Angle's portege and they built him up in OVW as a MMA/Shoot fighter.

Kennedy should use Carlito's rolling reverse DDT move, but tweaked a bit.

Lashley needs to stick with the Dominator, he needs to stop using the running powerslam and especially the Spear! It makes Edge's look less effective, since Lashley is a power wrestler.

Before Cody gets a finisher, he needs to polish up his skills a bit more and most of all, have a gimmick or a moniker.. The kid is a bit boring and like in the previous threads a tad bit scrawny... I see potential in him, but as of now it seems like their riding him off of his father's success and fame, he needs to breakout and create his own... It would be great to see in the near future a feud between him and Orton.

Edge: Stop using the spear. Just stop.

CM Punk: The GTS is a unique finisher, but it depends on if the opponent can sell it correctly to make it look like an awesome move. I also prefer the Anaconda Vice, but due to the whole Benoit tragedy I think WWE is still a little wary about using chokeholds as finishers.

The Miz: A swinging neckbreaker? Doesn't every midcarder use that move as just a regular old move? I may be mistaken, but I have seen him use it to end matches.

Shelton Benjamin: The T-Bone just doesn't fit him. Something that shows off his athleticism.

Mr Kennedy most definitely needs a finisher in place as he continues to bounce around with the complete shot, steam roller and Green Bay Plunge. He also had a neckbreaker finisher that got scraped for whatever reason.

Edge is a great wrestler but his spear comes off extremely weak looking. I would love to see him start using the Edgecution or Edgecator again.

I would also prefer MVP to use a new finisher as the overdrive is typically used as a transition one for new superstars.

I also agree with many of you who claimto miss CM Punk's Anaconda Vice. I feel that was one of the most effective submission finishers around and it's a shame we don't have the privilege to see it put on anymore. I'm a fan of the GTS but I feel it would be a fantastic set up for the Anaconda Vice.

Exactly what i was thinking.

I would love Edge to start using the Edgecator, however as the coward heel he is, he kind of needs a move you can hit out of nowhere to shock everyone.

I think MVP should use some kind of suplex, like a perfect 'plex to claim how amazing he is. Really show off on his finisher.

I also think if Shannon Moore had a finisher that would help out the Moore Wang (ha) tag team.

I kinda like Mr. Kennedy and his many "weak" finishers instead of one high impact move. It makes his matches less predictable.

MVP definitely needs a new finisher. The overdrive doesn't even look painful at all. Umaga could use a new finisher as well. The Samoan Spike is decent, but I think he should have a high risk move to show off his agility. The Spike could me his set-up move.

Edge definitely needs a new finisher. The spear is nice and all, but guys like Lashley and Batista make Edge's spear look pathetic. He should use the Edgecator again.

Alot of people are going to hate what I am about to say, but I will say it anways. The wrestler who I think needs a new finisher is.... Shawn Michaels!

Now I know that you have to wonder why I would say him, but there is validity behind my madness.

For one, the superkick is not like the Figure Four leg lock. Not everybody can do it, and it takes precise precision to be able to pull it off legitimately.

For two, (unfortunately) due to Shawn Micheals knee problems, he can no longer pull it off witht he crisp accuracy that it deserves. Sure Shawn used to be able to snap it off with such impact that gum used to fly from his opponents mouths to make it look like they were losing teeth.

For three, that has not been the case of late as Shawn has looked like he is slapping guys in the face with a wet flounder when he pulls off the move.

I think that a nice secondary move would do the job for Shawn. Perhaps a submission finisher or an arm-type finishing manuver. Something that he can do and not hurt himself too much. Maybe a sleeper or something of the such. But if he keeps doing the Sweet Chin Music the way that he currently does, then I have to wonder why anybody will sell it.

to start this off Im just gonna say Kennedy just needs A finisher because things hes been trying havent been working.

I liked the green Bay Plunge top rope or not but hes seemed to have gotten away from it, the mic check( I think thats what its called) is shit and a DDT just isnt a main event quality finisher anymore, Id say give him a Death Valley Driver or a TKO for a finisher those would seem to suit him well. As an eventual main event superstar I say he needs a legit finisher, and quick

Matt Hardy - Jeff Hardy has pretty much came into he's own now and is useing the Twist Of Fate as a set up for the Swanton Bomb. I think Matt needs to come into he's own eliment and come over with a new gimmick and a new finisher, I would like to see Matt refresh he's character and become a heel.

OK first of all I totally agree that MVP's finisher "The Playmaker" is fucking retarted. The other guy is doing more than MVP is, like does anyone else see this. I feel like not enough wrestler have enough high flying movies like Jeff Hardy. I belive he's getting such a huge push because of his high flying moves. Rey Mysterio too gets a huge push cause he's a high flyer.

So anyways, Yeah MVP's finisher BLOWS!!! Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio and A.J. Styles' finishers are awsome sauce. Also bring back RVD and Jerry Lynn there are both awsome high flyers.

I want to first respond to Spawn.

"I think that a nice secondary move would do the job for Shawn. Perhaps a submission finisher or an arm-type finishing manuver. Something that he can do and not hurt himself too much. Maybe a sleeper or something of the such. But if he keeps doing the Sweet Chin Music the way that he currently does, then I have to wonder why anybody will sell it."

Shawn uses not only the sharpshooter, but now the crossface as setup for the superkick. Just pointing that out.

That being said, I agree with bobby(banned). Matt Hardy needs a new finisher. The twist of fate is getting pretty old anyway, regardless if Jeff is using it now. I also agree that Matt should turn heel again. He's just way better at heel than face. I'd like to see him also have a devastating finisher, like some kind of wicked "Petey Williams" type piledriver. Actually, I think all WWE guys should change it up more often. A lesson could be learned from WSX. Those guys finished matches in a different way every time out.

There are a couple of People I think need a new finisher.

Randy Orton- I have always hated the RKO it is nothing more than a rip off of the Diamond Cutter.

Edge- The Spear has become such a generic move in wrestling now with guys like Batista and Bobby Lashley untilizing it Even though I am a Huge Edge mark I just wouldn't really buy that a spear from a guy that lean would be so devastating.

MVP- He needs a new finisher besides all he did with the playmaker was take Carlito's old finisher before he started using the back cracker.

Rey Mysterio- Ok the 619 was a cool move when he debuted it but in my opinion the novelty wore off around 2005.

Shawn Michaels, I think if HBK comes up with something to do besides the super kick it might pro long his career.

Mr Kennedy- I think he really doesn't have any finishing moves just a couple of impact moves and one rip off of Jeff Hardy.

Batista-I hate batista anyways but really how many powerbombs are needed in pro wrestling so many have used it and still use it in the past and present it like the spear has become generic.

and my final vote goes for HHH- He has been using the pedigree for over ten years including his short stint in WCW I think its time for a change.

ok now i got something different im sure alot of people will disagree with me but i believe taker should lay off the tombstone . sure its part of his legacy but it just looks so fake and maybe jbl could use something different sure the clothesline from hell is devastating but a clothes line ?even his powerbomb. i would like to see someone use the razors edge as a finisher maybe kennedy

Jeff Hardy needs another finisher... the twist of fate is old and doesnt make a statement.. he can't rely on the swanton bomb to finish all of his matches it's getting to predictable.... Another couple guys who need one are the miz and morrison.. i mean cmon there just neckbreakers!!

I think overall, right now, the Undertaker and Jeff Hardy have the best standing in terms of finishers. This isn't saying that they're the best moves, though. Its just that they both have 3 moves that could count as a legitimate end to the match: Tombstone/Chokeslam/Triangle Choke....Swanton Bomb/Twist of Fate/Whisper in the Wind. That's how I think all wrestlers should try to aim for, having one signature move (Tombstone/Swanton), one set-up (Chokeslam/ToF), and one move for submission (Triangle Choke...Whisper obviously doesn't count here).

That being said:

1. CM Punk - He needs to use the Anaconda Vice again. Too much focus on the GTS.

2. Santino Marella - Actually, he needs a finisher, PERIOD. The guy doesn't have one. I think it would suit his character if it was something quick and definitely not devastating, even if it just means some sort of a distinguished roll-up maneuver, SOMETHING.

3. JBL - This guy bores the crap out of me in the ring and his finish follows the same schedule. A clothesline? Come on. Go back to the 70s where the Hogan leg-drop was acceptable.

4. Mr. Kennedy - The Green Bay Plunge looked like it could've been a nice set-up move. The Mic Check...eh, its ok. I'd like it better if Shelton wasn't doing something close to it already. Yeah, I know, its not the same move, but its close and has the same impact.

5. Cody Rhodes - I still think he needs to upgrade his DDT somehow.

6. Kane - I've just never liked the idea that his finisher is the secondary move for the Undertaker. It makes it seem like in all these years, he couldn't think of anything on his own. I wouldn't mind if it was a chokebomb instead of just a chokeslam, though.

People are pretty much saying the same stuff that I'd be saying, so I'm just gonna leave it at those. No use going over MVP and Edge and stuff again.

I liked the green Bay Plunge top rope or not but hes seemed to have gotten away from it, the mic check( I think thats what its called) is shit

The mic check is actually a variation of a move in judo. when it is hit with that much impact it will actually break ur nose and/or jaw. i have never objected to wrestlers using real martial arts moves and am not goin to start now. i suppose its better then some fake ass move like the unprettier which basically requires the opponent to do all the work for him.

Mr Kennedy- I think he really doesn't have any finishing moves just a couple of impact moves and one rip off of Jeff Hardy

im assuming ur talking about the swanton when u say he is ripping off jeff. u do realise that jeff hardy 'Ripped off' this move from Jushin 'Thunder' Liger? is there a problem with that?

I did know that Liger did it first but Jeff Hardy is the one who made the move famous in america and all I am saying is someone like Kennedy needs to have a good finisher thats original and not a move already used by someone else in the wwe

mvp needs a new one punk needs to go back to the vise that was wicked mvp should use that move that that pirate guy used to use he set him up for a rock bottom then hit a backflip thats awesome as for anyone else john cena needs somthing new the fu doesnt look like anything that would do anything but knock some of the wind outta u he needs somthing fast n efffective

ok now i got something different im sure alot of people will disagree with me but i believe taker should lay off the tombstone . sure its part of his legacy but it just looks so fake and maybe jbl could use something different sure the clothesline from hell is devastating but a clothes line ?even his powerbomb. i would like to see someone use the razors edge as a finisher maybe kennedy

Undertaker has a lot of finishers: Tombstone, Last Ride, Chokeslam, and occasionally the Triangle Choke. Plus, he gets a huge pop whenever he uses the Tombstone. I just wonder how long he can keep having his knees smashing the canvas with that kind of impact.

The Razor's Edge would be a great finisher for Kennedy. He needs one high impact finisher, and Razor's Edge is a perfect candidate. His current finishers are decent, but not devastating. Though I like that his matches aren't predictable since he has many finishing moves.

I don't know, I kinda like the Mike Check that's he's been using lately. It works for him, and introducing it against HBK really boosts the credibility of the finisher.

Santino needs a finisher, period. I don't think he's ever finished a match with anything besides a rollup. MAybe the Sicilian Slicer. It's not like Nunzio ever gets a chance to use it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back