What would/did make you watch TNA?

I've "watched" TNA off and on since it first started. I've been watching wrestling for a long time and was pretty burnt out on it around 2006 so I took a 3 year break from watching it and only came back because I watched an episode of Raw with my cousin and thought "ehh, its been awhile, wouldn't hurt to watch again". Then while discussing Raw with a friend, he brought up TNA I had to see how it was going :)

I used to watch TNA from the start and actually enjoy it. Then it all started going downhill and I watched it mainly for laughs. I gave up all hope after I saw the Fish Market Street Fight... BUT, the one reason I am going to start watching TNA again is The Pope. I've been a big fan of his since the OVW days, and Vince really, really... really missed the boat here. I actually wished I watched the event on Sunday.

I was just telling my friend the other day that i wouldn't really call myself a TNA fan but also i don't really dislike it. He asked me when I 1st started watching it and it hit me that I've been following the brand since it's PPV days since i had a 'HOT' box I never paid and there it was...the "ASYULM" and i guess you can say I was hooked with Russo and his if i remember correctly "SEX" faction or something along those lines. It was just something different and new and I kept up with it. To this day I watch bits and peices of it not really following it as I once did WWE but I'm getting back into it cuz really only because 1 guy.......THE POPE!!!! hes fresh and i loved him in ECW despit no push and as long as he gets his I'll watch and if someone comes along while im watching it would just give me another reason to tune in

WHat would make me watch tna? well the need to stop ripping off the wwe ala the screwjob angle they took! the need to keep it different have different stories and i think TNA needs to go back to the octogon. And get your own talent instead of former wwe talent it just makes it a joke.

When a wrestler leaves the WWE what do you suppose they do, RETIRE ON THE SPOT?

The WWE have released some top talent over the last few years, and TNA have made some of them into stars. ''The Pope'' D'Angelo Dinero is a fine example, and he is a future World Champion without question.

Besides where do you think the WWE got all their talent from? They certainly didn't develop them all themselves.

i was flipping channels and i saw christian cage talking with jarrett on spike. i remembered christian from wwe so i decided to watch it. it was good seeing a familiar face, and they ended that show with a teaser for sting returning. that made me tune in the next week and actually made me start to watch wwe again. (i hadnt watched it since the rock had left, and i came back to it right before hhh vs cena at wrestlemania.

Quite simply, it was curiosity because there would be ads for it since it's on the same channel as WWE's shows in Aus. I know, the two shows who are competing are on the same channel here, wierd.

But what kept me watching was seeing guys like Kurt Angle, Sting, D'Angelo Dinero, MCMG who I love and the X division which I think is the best part of TNA. Amazing Red is awesome. Also it was something fresh to watch besides WWE programming.

Well, even though I first came in touch with wrestling was in the "comic character" era of the late 1980ies and early 90ies, it was really when WCW (which was the only wrestling show on regular cable TV on here back then) suddenly featured Hall and Nash, who I remembered from WWE of course, and the whole Monday Night War began, that I got hooked on the whole thing. I was like 12, 13 years old at that time, and naturally, the two competing shows (since WWE came on on some channel again as well a little later on) during the MNWI era were awesome.

So now, a good couple of years later, WCW has gone out of business, a huge opportunity with the "invasion" was missed, and WWE has become stale and geared towards a younger audience again, so I'm rarely entertained by the product, save for a few select occasions (which mainly rely on nostalgia for me as well, like Taker vs HBK at Wrestlemania last year, which was awesome). TNA isn't on regularly here either unfortunately, but I saw it a couple of times, and was pretty intrigued by the in-ring action, especially of course the X-Division. Add to that the advent of several well known faces from WWE, most noticeably Kurt Angle of course (but I also loved Sting back in WCW, so that was a huge factor for me too), and the more "mature" content, it got me hooked. I'm not watching that regularly still (though I have watched it more often since Hogan/Bischoff took over), but I'm definitely more interested in TNA right now than in WWE, since TNA just can do things that WWE simply can't, and I really hope they make use of that possibility.

So in order for me to stay hooked, I guess TNA would just have to figure out some really captivating storylines (since the talent is really great over there, they just need good stuff to work with), but the attention on the right people (right now of course AJ, The Pope, and obviously the Knockouts), and over time increase the production value and make TNA seem a little more "high profile" from an overall "looks" point of view.

I wouldn't say that anything first made me watch TNA but on two separate occasions now, I have sat down and watched the promotion from the eyes of someone who is new to it. The first time I began to watch TNA was when Angle jumped ship from WWE. I have always been a mark for Angle and I guess that the curiosity of how he was going to be used there peaked my interest. Back then, it was little more than a few ex WWE stars and a decent show. I did start to watch it for a while and I relatively enjoyed it. However, after a while the novelty of Angle wore off and the production wasn't good enough to actually hold my interest every week. That said, I have never been against watching TNA and I thought that if they could get some people on board could really do a great job for them, that I would start watching permanently.

That happened on January 4th and I am still watching the show. I know that I have come late to the game but there is an excitement about the production now that I really enjoy. It seems so honest and whilst it may still have it's problems, I am enjoying it so much more than the first time around. Hulk Hogan really was the reason that I decided to check it out and, again, it was mainly because of how much curiosity I had in regards to what changes he would bring. I have been impressed with TNA so far and I think that it really goes to show you that if you can get people talking about your promotion and make a few change for the better, you definitely are going to bring in some new fans to your show.

I starting watching wrestling during the attitude era. I stopped watching religously when I went off to college partly because I only sparringly had cable access, partly because WWE was beginning its downturn then and the product was not great. Me and my brothers always loved the video games but they never watched much. Ironically they started watching and ended up getting me back into it along with my girlfriend. I liked wwe for a while then but it soon became really stale for me. I hate the wwe matches of that era which are still somewhat in place to this day. Long, slow pace, only a few interesting moves, nothing risky allowed, all "building" to a screwy pointless finish with a story that could have been told in half the time, not to mention the same guys wrestling the main event exclusively for years. About the time they desecrated ecw I had had enough. I had watched TNA some but could never quite get all the way into it. Angle changed that and I loved the attitude era feel to it at the time. WWE had a heavyweight division and nothing else at that point. TNA had the x division guys, actual tag teams and in general the pace of the matches and exciting moves was what I had been missing. It is ironic I guess given the current odd (at least to me) idea that TNA is like wcw, but the biggest reason I started watching tna and stopped keeping up with wwe as much was that wwe's matches reminded me of wcw style, a style that I felt was antiquated.

I was stationed in South Korea and I didn't have cable so I watched a lot of DVDs. One day at the PX I picked up a few TNA ppvs and I really liked what i saw.

I came back stateside and didn't continue to follow TNA. I went to Afganistan and stopped following wrestling alltogther save for a couple of PPVs that were available at the small PX.

I started watching regularly in 08 when I was channel surfing and I caught an Angelina Love match. She is the reason I tuned into TNA regularly. She hooked me and the rest of the TNA roster made me stick around.

The big thing would be the females involved.

If the Beautiful People started winning some matches clean, as heels, that would be a very exciting reason for me to tune in personally.

No offense to Amazon Kong, ODB, and others, but I'm sick of seeing grossly unattractive women hold the championship belt and dominating their opponents. It would be much sexier to me to see Lacey Von Erich dominate a large girl like ODB rather than the other way around.

I've been tivoing impact for a few years now mostly just fast forward through it, sometimes I erased it without watching. The product sucked so bad imo I could hardily watch. They do have some very talented wrestlers,but the writing never made sense to me. When I heard they brought Hulk in. It made me think it would be interesting to see what happens. I really hoped it would be good the business needs competition, but after that Jan 4th live show. I knew they had a lot to do to fix that pile of shit. That show was a complete disaster the crowd craped on Hogan. The xdivison cage match was brutal no one could climb it Homicide got stuck. Seeing the Nasty Boys, Hall, xpac ,val venus, orlando jordan and others made me think it was wcw all over again. Now Hulk said he's making Abyss the new John Cena just shows me he has no business running the show. Tna needs someone like Vince to run the show lets it face Hulk is the greatest wrestler ever, but even he has said he wouldn't be shit without Vince.

How I started watching is an interesting story. When I started watching wrestling again in 2005, I had no idea that TNA even existed. My dad is a schoolteacher, and also tutors a severely mentally handicapped child after school.

Anyway, around 23007, he made mention to me when he came to visit me that he had seen this exciting new rng, and this guy that bounced around the ring ike crazy. My dad's alays been a mark for the highflyers, so he was really excited about AJ Styles.

I had never heard of the company honetly, as I was a WWE guy through and through. But I was intrigued when he mentioned that they had a six sided ring, and I wanted to see the guy he was so excited about. And he was right, Styles did live up to the hype.

But my first real memories came watching a Scott Steiner-Christian Cage match that was 3 days before the ppv. I remember to the day how impressed I was that Cage dragged such a good match out of a broken down Steiner. I didnt start ordering pv's til last year, mostly because I couldnt afford it til then.

But I really liked the six sided ring and the alternative program that TNA offered, even if I didnt feel it was at the same quality as WWE progamming. But my dad's enthusiasm and my being happily surprised watching a six sided ring, and AJ Styles, are the reason I started watching TNA.

Since I already watch Impact, I already enjoy it obviously. But what would I do personally to improve the product? More wrestling, less promo angles.Pushing the talented wrestlers that deserve to be pushed, and then following through with them in feuds.

My biggest fear in TNA has been realized in the form of Desmond Wolfe. He debuted against Kurt freakin Angle, and had an outstanding progam against him. After that, he fell off the radar. Ive seen that happen too often with TNA talent, as they shove one man off the pedestal for another too frequently, and halt pushes faster then you can blink. It's a revolving door of friggin pushes, and often more talented, charasmatic men are pushed aside for has beens. So when a feud ends with two top stars, Id move both men on to feuds withtwo other talented men, or women, rather then having them fade into the background, or become a lackey for Eric Bischoff like Desmond Wolfe.

The other problem I see is how top talent disapears from tv, as well as ppv for weeks at a time. TNA's roster was fine when Bischoff and Hogan came in, they just weren't using that talent properly. Now they're overcrowded to the point that only half the roster makes the show in any given Impact. AJ Styles was left off of Hard Justice last year, and Samoa Joe was left off of freakin Genesis! Neither man was suffeing from a reported injury. Joe's only tv appearances leading up to the PPV were to beat Abyss on the 3 hour show, and to job to Wolfe two weeks later in 3 minutes.

I would find more interest if they featured their to notch talent on a weekly basis, and on all PPV's. I dont care if its in a backstage segment, or in a match, I want to see the current stars. I dont want to see Eric Bischoff taking up a half an hour of the 2 hour show, as much as I like his character. He shouldn't be the focal point, and should take a cue from Hogan. Less is more from non-wrestling personalities.

I don't miss TNA unless I work late, but I often times leave myself scratching my head as to what they choose to feature.(and what they don't) I want more CURRENT star power, with consistency. Is that too much to ask?

It started with the fact that I could see it live easily for a while. My favorite wrestler is AJ Styles, and I quickly became hooked. When it moved away from Nashville, I honestly forgot about it. In 07, I saw it on Spike but at that point I had stopped watching wrestling. In 09, I started back up on watching and I've become a total TNA mark.

I started watching because i was tired of the WWE. Wanted something new,better and more action. Now it's just like the WWE. To much talking! Hogan needs to go. Really? Who wants to see him wrestle? TNA needs to use him less and they need to bring the action.

To be honest, and i have watched TNA since the 2 hour pay per views each Wed. night, i started watching TNA because It wasnt WWE, and at the time, i was getting tired of WWE. It was nice for a wrestling fan to see where some of the guys ended like, like Jeff Jarrett, D-Lo Brown and Sting had went. And to finally see something different. But hands down the biggest reason i started watching was the original X-Division. I was hooked, i watched the first X-Division title match, and i was introduced to this cocky little kid called A.J Styles and i have been a fan ever since. No i am always hearing and reading the TNA bashing, and while some is warranted. TNA is still something that i have watched faithfully going on 8 years. So i will continue to cheer them on, i would like to see TNA make it.

Owning a HD set top box. (It's the only way I could)

Other then that, I would watch TNA Every week if Rob Van Dam was to sign with them. I miss watching him wrestle, and he is in my top 5 favourite wrestlers, the only living one that isn't currently wrestling. So if he joined with TNA, I wouldn't miss an episoe or a PPV. I watch it now every now and then But i think i would watch it all the time if that happened.

what made me watch TNA was because 5 years ago, my brother WZ Kario suggested that I watch this little wrestling promotion that was working in the south and I took WZ's advice and instantly I was hooked on TNA. I was tired of WWE by that point because it was getting old and stale for me and I needed a new fix on wrestling and I haven't looked back since.

If you do already watch the show, what made you start? Did you just see a show randomly one day and become hooked?

X Division, originally was the draw for me, I was a huge Jerry Lynn fan, even now I still am even though he's not a regular worker and I cannot view his matches here in Australia. I am also a fan of Daniels and AJ Styles, I would watch ion Youtube and other sites early on, and then in about 2005 I caught the Ultimate X match including Kaz, Williams, and Bentley. Now it's the Knockouts, and the X Division keeping me watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back