What was your favorite WWE Title design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipewrestling.com

Dark Match Jobber
While watching the History of the World Heavyweight Championship dvd, I started thinking about all the different designs of the belt over the years, and I started thinking about which one was my favorite, not just for the WHC, but any title. I would have to say that my favorites were the Michaels/Rock/Austin Intercontinental title, and the WWE Championship that was silver and looked like the old NWA TV Title. Those belts were very classy looking, and just seemed to have an heir of prestige. They weren't huge 3D looking belts, they didn't spin, they were just beautiful pieces of art. So, what was your favorite?

To me it is simple...it has to be the old WWF Championship. This belt was perfect. It had the eagle with the big wings. It wasnt to big of a belt it was just right. Not to flashy yet flashy enough. This title was in use up until the night after WM14 in which Austin won and was given a new WWF Championship that he then replaced with the Smoking Skull Belt, which was also a good title. To me it has to be the WWF Championship pre WM14.

Honorable Mentions : Million Dollar Title, Smoking Skull Belt

ballin619-albums-great-champions-picture1176-undertaker-wwf-champion-attitude-era.jpg

It has to be the attitude era belt for me. Not only did this belt have by far the best design EVER, this belt was a symbol of my favorite era in pro wrestling. This is when Taker, Stone Cold, The Rock, and Triple H were all in their primes...these were the good old days.

ballin619-albums-great-champions-picture1176-undertaker-wwf-champion-attitude-era.jpg

It has to be the attitude era belt for me. Not only did this belt have by far the best design EVER, this belt was a symbol of my favorite era in pro wrestling. This is when Taker, Stone Cold, The Rock, and Triple H were all in their primes...these were the good old days.

I agree with this statement. My favorite WWE championship design is this one. Not only for the reasons you stated, but also due to something about it just said classy to me. If it was not this one , it'd have to be the one that was around right before it, it was another classic looking championship belt.

I'm going to take a sleeper pick and choose the Undisputed title, after Triple H beat Jericho, and they made it only one belt. Too me, that was the greatest belt.

My honorable mention is the Hardcore title: The thread asks favorite design, not the best looking, and the trashed up belt just fit the hardcore division so well. Mick Foley looked better with the hardcore belt than the world title, it just suited the Mankind gimmick better.

For some reason, I've always had a love for the white strap IC belt. And not just because it was around the waist of HBK, but for the way it was just so unique. All the other belts were black and here comes this beauty in its perfect white leather.

Second favorite, easily, has to be the Big Gold championship. Whenever you hear "World championship" that belt just comes to mind to me. It's got so much honor behind it that it's just no doubt one of my favorite belts.

As for my third one, I would have to say that the current IC title is a pretty swell looking title. The round about look of it just looks so sweet and just sits well nowadays.

belt_wc_ic_front.jpg

This right here is the epitome of what a championship should look like. This thing is only the I-C title, but it looks like it could easily be the Heavyweight Title. Which Ironically it looked better than that damn Winged Eagle belt. This belt exudes class, and has a history. It's not the best looking title though. That distinction goes too..

10134.jpg

Speaking of classy. Look at it. It's big, it's gold. It looks classy as all hell. It looks like what a World Title should look like. It just screams "Hey, I'm the god damned World Champion, everybody take notice." Again though, the history of this title is something else. Great looking title belt, the best ever.

Honorable mentions go to the Undisputed title, and the old tag team title belts.

I loved the white leather IC belt. That was such a cool looking belt. It could be classy and badass at the same time. I'd love to own it. I think they should put it in a SvR game as an alternate to the current. I also loved John Cena's spinner US Championship. Mainly because it was something new, it looked really cool, I thought John Cena was the shit back then, and it was muhhfuckin' spinnin!

I really liked the look of the European Championship. The colors looked great with the gold, it just looked awesome.

My favorite title design would have to be the pre-WM 14 belt that Hogan, Macho Man, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Undertaker (among many others) helped make famous. I never liked the look of the round 'attitude era' championship. It just looked to generic to me you know?

Honorable mentions go to the classic Intercontinental design, Cena's us title; although I could really do without the spinning part, the classic WWE tag titles and ECW's television belt

My favorite Championship Belts are:

deluxeundislong.JPG

This is my favorite of all time. I think it’s a great combination of “WWF” and “WCW”. I just love this design.

wwerawworld2long.JPG

The classic, yet timeless beauty. This is the one and only belt that can never get “old”.

DSC05009.JPG

I know that some people don’t like the WWECW along with everything associated with it, but I’m just not one of those people. I love this design and I think it looks better than the past ECW World Title Belts.

Honorable mentions, in my opinion, go to the NWA World Title, TNA Legends / Global Title, and all the other WWE / F World, WCW World, and ECW World Title Belts.

This right here is the epitome of what a championship should look like. This thing is only the I-C title, but it looks like it could easily be the Heavyweight Title. Which Ironically it looked better than that damn Winged Eagle belt. This belt exudes class, and has a history. It's not the best looking title though.

I couldn't have said it better myself. The Classic Intercontinental Title always was, always is, and always will be my favorite title of all time. It is also the best looking title to me. Take a look at the lineage of that belt and you know that it is one of the most prestigious titles of all time as well. It has been said to be the most respected title in the WWE during it's run because the people who held it were the real workhorses of the company, the guys who went out and gave the best matches of the night. All my favorites held that title and gave me the matches that made me love that title. Looking back, a lot of the greatest matches of all time were fought for the Classic Intercontinental Title as well. It wasn't the World championship but it meant just as much. I have always loved the look of it, and been mesmerized by it's glory. I hope to someday own a real Reggie Parks version that costs a few thousand dollars, I'll take out a loan for it if I have to, anything to own the real deal.

The next belt in this line has to be the Winged Eagle. It was beautiful, legendary, and prestigious. I was very upset when it and the classic I.C. were replaced as I felt they really embodied what a wrestling championship should look like. When I was growing up anyone and everyone wanted to someday own that belt. It was always so pleasing to the eye. I can't quite explain the allure, it was always just there. This is easily one of Reggie Parks' best works and most famous. In the books of history it will always go down as one of if not the greatest belts of all time.

Another belt that always meant a lot to me is the Undisputed v.2 title. For one, I own it. It's the only belt I have and my first one. I bought it instead of the classics I love because I felt it was one of the most unique titles ever made. The look just wreaks of prestige, and it is fucking huge too. I am a big guy and I figured if I was going to have a belt I needed something that would compliment my size, so I got one of the biggest belts ever produced, The Undisputed V.2. Brock Lesnar was one of the main reasons I loved this belt, I was probably the biggest Brock Mark on the planet and I loved the title he wore. Also, there was Triple H who I am a huge mark for now and was then too. Then there is The Undertaker, The Rock, Hogan, and Angle and that is enough right there to substantiate buying this title to anyone. The look is just amazing, especially when it is right in front of you, and what it embodies technically makes it the most prestigious title of all time. It is the culmination of the history and unification of the two greatest titles of all time.

big-gold-belt-wwe_feature.jpg

You gotta love this belt. It has class, lineage, and that eye-catching look to it. Wouldn't you want to have that belt around your waist? Just look at the detail and the rubies on it. Gorgeous..

wwe-title-belt.gif

Ain't it appropriate for this belt to have the glitteryness on it? A title a king would want to wear. It looks very majestic and almost perfect.

o_belt_wwe_us_title.jpg

This definitely the best look for a modern, U.S. title. Imagine Kurt Angle wearing the belt..

w01553pi.jpg

It looks like a belt that you would get from heaven. Beautiful..

My favourite WWE belt would have to be the current Intercontinental belt.

WWE-Intercontinental-Championship-belt-wwe-3993337-970-644.jpg

I like the way the layout is done with the world with the WWE logo in the middle with Intercontinental Champion written on a wavy banner going across the belt.

Honorable mentions go the WHC and ECW belts I love their designs (would be better with more colour though)

Yeah I love the WHC/WCW Belt, that thing looked classy as hell, very prestigious. Overall, cheating somewhat, my favourite is the Undisputed Title Jericho held i.e. the two belts. It seriously made him look like THE MAN and was just awesome seeing someone carrying two world titles.

I have 2 that I will mention...

First of all the Winged Eagle 1988-1998 (Hogan, Savage, Warrior, Slaughter, Undertaker-drug it to the ring like a dead cat!, Flair, Yokozuna, Hart, Micheals) is the belt that defined World Champion to me...my cousin feels the same way, we always felt that if we ever became wrestlers this belt was coveted to the point where you would literally walk through hell in a gasoline suit to wear it in the sqaured circle.

However, my FAVORITE belt was only worn by one man, Hulk Hogan. IT was the belt that he had in 1986-87. Front and circle was the globe and World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion; on the side plates were eight flags including the no defunct Soviet hammer and sickle flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back