• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What was your favorite non wrestling moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Ol' Buckta AIDS

Pre-Show Stalwart
Any moment from any promotion. It could be anything, Austin's 3:16 speech, Undertaker killing Paul Bearer, etc etc. My favorite was the Angle Milk Truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwzjPb36p6M[/URL]

Why? First of all, up to that point, I don't think Angle had gotten such a big pop...ever. Secondly, Look at SCSA. He looks legititmatetly angry at Kurt for doing that. Thirdly, I think that was one of J.R's best commentary segments. So cool.

So whats your favorite non wrestling moment?

I've got a ton of non wrestling moments that are my favorite, but If I had to pick one, it would be Stone Cold stunning the McMahon family:

[YOUTUBE]yZFInz99Kew[/YOUTUBE]

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. You knew the stunner to Vince was coming, and Shane and Stephanie also, but Linda was a surprise. I know Stone Cold has dished out plenty of stunners before, but doing it to the entire McMahon family all at once was just classic.

So whats your favorite non wrestling moment?

Probably the segment from last year right before Wrestlemania when Triple H invaded Orton's house. We had not seen anything like that in a while and it was one of the most entertaining segments I have ever seen. You had taped promos from Orton first so we knew he was home rather than at the stadium, then Triple H no-shows for his match against Legacy, suddenly they cut back to another clip at Orton's house and in comes Triple H with his sledgehammer. It was great all the way up until the end with Orton being thrown out the window. I remember thinking how well put together that scene was and it would be awesome to see more stuff like that in the future because it helps hype up upcoming matches.

I would have to say Zamboni 3:16. Stone Cold drove a zamboni to the ring during a ceremony with McMahon and Undertaker and Kane, in which McMahon was to present the WWF Title belt to either of the two.

He rams the zamboni into the ring, and hops the top rope to clothesline Vince and ruin the ceremony, to the absolute delight of the crowd, who went insane.

What makes it so special in my mind was the delight and the commentary of one Jim Ross, who made many of Stone Cold's "moments."

lol i wouldnt say that this is my favorite but its one of my favorite. the infamous "Pillman's got a gun incident." in my opinion it is just simply hilarious and i love how pillman drops an f bomb at the end of the video. just classic wwf, which surprisingly was PG at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uiKQW0ply0

Zamboni 3:16 by a landslide. That moment was the genesis of my wrestling obsession, and I had never in my life seen anything like that. J.R. put over the moment soooo well. Also, someone threw a Stone Cold blowup doll in the ring, which makes it that much better.

Zamboni 3:16 by a landslide. That moment was the genesis of my wrestling obsession, and I had never in my life seen anything like that. J.R. put over the moment soooo well.

While Austin provided many "shock moments," non-wrestling, during his time (the cement truck, the beer bath, Tyson, Bang 3:16), this one stands out in my mind because it was a zamboni. WTF!? And JR, "Oh hell yeah!"

Also, someone threw a Stone Cold blowup doll in the ring, which makes it that much better.

I was wondering if anyone else remembered this. That right there put the moment past "epic," into something untouchable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back