Your Favorite ECW Moment?

#heel420

Mr. Wrestling
So, I've been on an ECW(Not Vince's abortion) binge the last couple days. Lots of great matches, moments and angles. What was your favorite moment from the extreme revolution?

Mine has to be Sandman returning to ECW. Just an epic reaction, reminds me why I love pro wrestling.
[YOUTUBE]etF5YdJwBmY[/YOUTUBE]

Personally my all time favorite moments were Tazz and Bam Bam going through the stage, only to have Bam Bam come back up and get choked out, classic

It's pretty ironic that most people here wouldn't have a favorite ECW moment if not for WWE bringing it to viewers' attentions. So while some moan about what WWE did with ECW, they still done more for ECW than Heyman had.

My favorite ECW moment was of course The Sandman entering the ring via the audience at the first One Night Stand. Having the drunk crowd singing along with "Enter Sandman" was a real spectacle in itself and then the last minutes of the fight was pure chaotic. Watching Eric Bischoff get laid out by several ECW originals is always awesome.

So many to choose from,
But my fav is the first Guererro/Malenko match..
30 minute draw,
Still stands the test of time for mat mastery
I could fill a board with memorable ECW moments!!

The greatest ECW moment is when ECW finally got a nationwide TV deal with then-TNN which later became Spike TV. It was like ECW finally got it's piece of the pie. But of course later on ECW lost the deal for, well being ECW. Which was the begining of the end of ECW. R.I.P.

Mine has to be barely legal 97 the first PPV. That Triple Threat match was cool, but Terry Funk all slashed up and wrestling again against Raven was awesome. I was hooked after that, and how can anyone forget the RVD and Jerry Lynn classics. I personally was a Sandman fan, who could not love "Enter Sandman" playing and sandman walking through the crowd drinking a beer?

The first time I saw Mike Awesome "Awesome Bomb" Masato Tanaka out of the ring was incredibly gruesome and extremely memorable. The chair incident always comes to mind when I think of ECW, New Jack pulling Grimes of the platform and New Jack jumping off the top of a basketball back board.

Wow so many moments to pick from I first saw ECW in late 99 when I borrowed Living Dangerously 1999 from a mate of mind, then saw pretty much everything until it's dying day, whilst also retrospectively picking up most of the major ECW arena shows from the start.

Things like Sandman's return at the ECW Arena and Raven's return on the night the Dudleys left are two of the most insane pops I have ever heard as a fan, for entirely different reasons. Sandman's return was like the return of the biggest thing ever, whilst Raven was the return of the thing the fans hated the most, but loved that he was back so they could hate him again. Not to mention the fact both guys chose ECW over staying with WCW.

Top moments elsewhere for me though...

[YOUTUBE]xM9dUFzN-bA[/YOUTUBE]

Obviously I never saw this in real time, only viewing in retrospect and it is just everything I loved about Brian Pillman as a perfomer he is so captivating, you hang on his every word. The fans want to love him, he just wants to be hated though. Not hated though in the bog standard heel way, he frays the lines of good and bad so majestically. From referencing his last WCW angle, to the smart marks, to wanting to piss openly in the ECW Arena then you get the backstage stuff involved. Nothing has been done like this before or since, even watching it now it's hard to fathom the brilliance of the sequence of events and how it unfolds.

[YOUTUBE]i2zvGrWoMws[/YOUTUBE]

The Barely Legal World Title match, I'm a huge Funk fan, a huge Raven fan, the first time I ever saw Barely Legal I never knew what happened, I was living every moment as it if it was happening live. There's so much emotion from the beating he took in the 3 way, the emotion of Tommy Dreamer on commentary wanting to help his mentor, then Funk just making people believe the impossible can happen.

The ECW Championship being defended at WrestleMania. The original ECW was a good independent promotion that went out of business because Paul Heyman is a wrestling genius, not a business genius. Vince McMahon brought it to a level it would have never reached without him. Seeing the ECW Championship defended in front of over 74,000 fans at the biggest wrestling show in the world is the definitive height of ECW's history.

The ECW Championship being defended at WrestleMania. The original ECW was a good independent promotion that went out of business because Paul Heyman is a wrestling genius, not a business genius. Vince McMahon brought it to a level it would have never reached without him. Seeing the ECW Championship defended in front of over 74,000 fans at the biggest wrestling show in the world is the definitive height of ECW's history.

Sure its the height of ECW, but is Kane Vs Chavo Guerrero in an eight second match really your personal favorite ECW moment?

Sure its the height of ECW, but is Kane Vs Chavo Guerrero in an eight second match really your personal favorite ECW moment?

Yes. I'm a huge fan of Kane and he won a World Championship for the first time in ten years, and at a WrestleMania to boot.

My favorite ECW moment actually took place on an episode of Monday Night RAW during the Original ECW Invasion & it was when The Eliminators hit The Total Elimination on one of the ring crew members.

That entire ECW/RAW Invasion angle was done so well. You had ECW when it was still the real & true ECW being run my Heyman but with Vince as a filter so it wasn't just senseless violence for the sake of senseless violence. Paul & Vince made a great story out of it that made them both money & they executed the angle perfectly. It felt real, spontaneous & chaotic in all the best ways!

As someone who grew up just over the bridge from Philly, my old man used to take me to the Eastern Championship Wrestling shows and the Tri-State Alliance shows at the Liacouras Center. I watched the tv show late night when it was on and when "The Promo" happened I completely lost my shit. This bold move launched the company and opened the door to what we all loved about ECW. There wasn't anyone else on the roster that could have done what The Franchise did. Great stuff! Close second would be when Taz and Sabu finally locked up at Barely Legal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kpEjrKqf3s

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back