What TNA Needs Is A High Profile Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is fucking ridiculous and a stupid thought to even have pass through your head. And it's one of those things, that even if it goes through your head, there should have been something in your mind stating "Do not post this, this is not a good idea.. at all." Morbid doesn't even begin to touch what this thread and the suggestion therein is. It's just plain sick.

By the way.. if anything that you suggested happens to Angle, then TNA is gone.

I agree with this guy, this discussion is inhumanely disgusting. It's like wishing tragedy down on TNA and envisioning one of its superstars such as Angle dying while contrasting it to Benoit's death. A high profile death? TNA needs a high profile death for further recognition? Sit there and think about it intently and if you have something that of a cognitive brain, you should believe you are flat out a psychopath. Why would you ever consider a high profile death to be a ratings booster or a company elevator while in your right mind? Death isn't fixed like wrestling is, death is real shit in reality. Wake up and smell the coffee. I can't believe people would actually agree with this kind of crisis to advance a company, it's outright, downright, and utterly ridiculous. God forbid this happen to TNA cause it couldn't be withstood, I guarantee. TNA would have the media, the critics, the papparazzi, the parent of their company all come down on them and it would lead to a demise. This topic should be locked as well, it's sickening!!!

I agree with this guy, this discussion is inhumanely disgusting.

Inhumane? Eh?

It's like wishing tragedy down on TNA and envisioning one of its superstars such as Angle dying while contrasting it to Benoit's death.

The second part: yeah, kinda. The first: lol, wut?
A high profile death? TNA needs a high profile death for further recognition?

Like it needs to fire Kevin Nash or for the Guns to win the tag titles.
Sit there and think about it intently and if you have something that of a cognitive brain, you should believe you are flat out a psychopath.

Impure thoughts about dead bunnies: psychopath. Hypothetical statement about the impact of a perfectly plausible event on TNA: the world's most dangerous psychopath.
Why would you ever consider a high profile death to be a ratings booster or a company elevator while in your right mind?

Why would think about sugar as a sweetener in your right mind? I mean, it is, but whatever.

Death isn't fixed like wrestling is, death is real shit in reality.

And? Would you be complaining if we asked if Kurt Angle being mugged would boost ratings? This is just a lot more realistic.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Smells like death and decay. I don't wanna. I was under the impression that wrestlers were immortal.
I can't believe people would actually agree with this kind of crisis to advance a company, it's outright, downright, and utterly ridiculous.

We're saying "Would it?". I'm not going to have to lay down plastic everywhere for when my fellow forum-goers bring Jeff Jarrett down to my basement.

God forbid this happen to TNA cause it couldn't be withstood, I guarantee. TNA would have the media, the critics, the papparazzi, the parent of their company all come down on them and it would lead to a demise.

He finally answers the topic!

This topic should be locked as well, it's sickening!!!

No, this is sickening:

beakedwhale.jpg

Okay, so I make a post about a serious matter in speculation and you analyze it, responding with nothing but sarcastic remarks because the way you see it (after checking other posts of yours), life comes and goes. People die, people born. It's a guaranteed destiny in life. Yes, but putting such a topic in speculation is completely reprehensible. When people die, they die. Searching to get response on whether TNA needs a high profile death to get more recognition or publicity should not even be considered! I can't emphasize that enough for you to grasp it. There's no joke about it. None. Get back to reality. This shit that has been started is a serious matter and I'm offended that anyone would regard such as a possible advancement for a company. Damn, people mind's get twisted by the minute.

Any more "complaints" past this point get infracted. Because it's not what the topic is about, before you ask. Not because it's annoying and unfounded, which it also is. Sadly, there's no rules against that.

The best explanation I've got so far for why people are getting offended is "death is a serious matter." You don't say! Why yes, that was sarcasm, just to show how seriously I'm taking this.

This is a hypothetical situation and it's all completely true: a death would have a massive impact on TNA and there's no reason you should avoid discussing that. I suppose you'd get offended when we get to Foley coming TNA too? No, we don't want Sting to pop his clogs; nobody said that and if they did I'd bitchslap them with an infraction. Stop acting like you've caught me feeling up your elderly grandmother. I've explained time and time again why complaining about a hypothetical situation like we're actually planning to start taking out TNA's wrestlers one by one and like we actually want people to die is ridiculous.

New hypothetical situation; go off-topic by whining about how death is bad and should NEVER be talked about again, have a nice shiny infraction.

It's the same thing, just stated in a sarcastic, humorous way.
Humorous would denote being funny, which neither the title or your responses have been. I understand that you disagree with myself and others about it, and that's cool with me. I don't mind. Just respond with a bit more tact instead of all the snarky, sarcastic bullshit and coupling it with infraction threats. It's weak, dude.

The answer to this thread is: No. That's all there is. Just no. It won't. It will hurt them way more than it will help them. And depending on the circumstances and resulting heat, I would guess that they could potentially lose the backing of Panda Energy if they just decided that the downsides of operating a wrestling promotion outweigh the positives. And if that happens, I highly doubt the company would be able to continue.

Maybe what might do the trick is an angle that SEEMS so real the mainstream press pick up on it. WWE almost managed it with the Vince limo thing, some newspapers reported it as real, although I don't know how if they actually watched it. I don't know if it would be really possible in this day and age but I reckon with the right circumstances it might be, hell that dodgy Bigfoot costume made CNN this month.

Wow, what a totally morbid thread. Mind you, I see your logic, but you also have to take into account the fans that are really starting to get turned off by the whole death thing. I'm a prime example. I have been a fan of the wrestling Biz since I was able to walk pretty much. I used to watch WCCW back in the day, and even though I was really young, I knew what was going on. I have seen so many of the boys (And Gals in rare cases) die tragically that it is almost too painful to watch. Point in, I really miss guys like Eddie Guerrero and Chrisa Benoit. Benoit actually was almost the straw that broke the camels back. Mike Awesome and Brian Adams didn't help either. I'm sick to death of these guys going out like a ball of fire, here today and gone tomorrow. People try and say that so and so will be "Replaced" by so and so, or so and so has done a good job of filling the void left by saod dead wrestler and it makes me sick. How do you replace someone like it's an old hose on a car engine? The last thing this industry needs is another high profile death from hoh hatural events. Many fans walked away after Benoit and several others are ready to go too, all it takes is the flip of the switch. Threads like this and some of the comments made, making sense or not, proves my point. The fact that death will improve ratings and bring a company some needed attention as a short cut instead of some hard work isn't a good thing, it's avry bad thing and sad that it is even rerally suggested.

After mulling through this tread I'm thinking about a comment made by James Mitchell in an interview where he mentioned that in WCW Kevin Sulliven as a booker said to him in regard to angles... "it's all a shoot now". How long does it take to go back from that to a fiction as wrestling story? Could the Benoit thing have ever gotten over with the press if there was any doubt if it was a wrestling storyline? Surely they are jaded in regard to the reality of anything that is associated with wrestling? In some really morbid warped way isn't the Benoit thing the antithesis of the ultimate wrestling shoot angle???? I'm awaiting the backlash......

After mulling through this tread I'm thinking about a comment made by James Mitchell in an interview where he mentioned that in WCW Kevin Sulliven as a booker said to him in regard to angles... "it's all a shoot now". How long does it take to go back from that to a fiction as wrestling story? Could the Benoit thing have ever gotten over with the press if there was any doubt if it was a wrestling storyline? Surely they are jaded in regard to the reality of anything that is associated with wrestling? In some really morbid warped way isn't the Benoit thing the antithesis of the ultimate wrestling shoot angle???? I'm awaiting the backlash......

I see where you are going with this and it makes more sense than the TNA needing a High Profile Death to gain success theory. The dark humor in the fact that the very same media that makes fun of wrestling picked up on the Vince McMahon death and ran it like a real story really made me stop and think. Wrestling has reached a very interesting area to the mainstream media. It's not okay to like it, but it's okay to dog it and hunt it down when something bad happens like Slayer makes kids kill other kids and Video Games are turning our kids into monsters. It is funny I guess that you could "Shoot" something and make someone really believe in it, sadly we have all the "Internet Experts" that ruin that kind of thing these days.

Well I guess I can be the "sick motherfucker" here then :D

Yep, Im sick as fucking shit. I'm weird, and my thoughts alone would make the World abroad blush. So I can say what some of you are thinking.

Who gives a flying fuck. Do I think a death in TNA would help them? No. I don't think they would spend what they would have to, to fight off the media, lawyers, lawsuits and such. But I'm not going to sit here and be like OMG ANGLES GOTTA DIE FOR TNA LIKE WOWZERS IM SO HURT....I don't give a fuck. I don't know the guy, never met him, he seems ok, but for all I know he stabs kittens in the legs with forks. We all thought Benoit was a fucking choir boy and he turned out he was sicker than hell.

So ask me again WHY we should care if somebody we DON'T know dies. I mean seriously, grow the fuck up, get REAL friends, so when THEY die you actually have a reason to be remorseful.

I can understand if we was talking about Vince, or SCSA or the Rock. But Angle? Sting? lol They did NOTHING for this business. Yes I think Angle is top 5 talent of all time but he brought NOTHING to the table that wasn't already here.

Would it suck if he died? Sure. For his wife and kids I guess. Wouldn't suck for me. I guess since I've went to 13 funerals of close family and friends the last 5 years, I kinda can't see the point of mourning something I just can't mourn. I don't know him, didn't take him fishing or hunting, we never bonded, and we don't hang out

So if somebody wants to ask us if we think it would help or hurt, don't get your pussyflaps all into a bind and act like you took the man to dinner last night and had some beers. Just answer the question or dont fucking say shit at all

....woah, u have to be the most repulsive person i've met on these forums.

I get mighty good competition but yeah, I think by putting the dead whatever the fuck in there I just about nailed it.

You think your flashy answer

I'd have gone for suave myself. Like a serial killer. Flashy's good though. Thanks.

negate the fact that you want someone to DIE just so a wrestling promotions will get into the mainstream?

Considering how much I've said I want half the roster to just get thrown in a pit, it was difficult. I think my suave flashness does just overpower it though, don't you agree?

That has to be the most idiotic thing i've ever heard. why would you want a top talent liek KURT ANGLE, to die just so TNA'S name will be more predominant with wrestling fans?

'Cos I fucking hate Kurt Angle. I'd cut the bugger's throat out myself if I could. What a bastard he is. Don't even talk to me about Angle; guy's a grade A twat.

You think killing a top talent is going to make TNA more famous?

Much. I call it the Heath Ledger effect.
wHY NOT BRING IN MORE TOP TALENTS?

So I can kill them? I don't want to go over the top here, the police may get suspicious.

TNA needs better talent and thatz how they will gain exposure to the mainstream die-hard fans, rather than having a TOP star die and being left with a company in desperate need.

434px-Death.jpg

> (Better than)
rvd.jpg

Kurt Angle is the best talent they've been able to apprehend into their company, and itz a SHAME TO EVEN THINK about having him DIE so the TNA will get more exposure!

Again, hope his back breaks like a twig.

Go look at yourself in the mirror.:undertaker2:

The Undertaker's already dead, isn't he? Besides, my mirror image is much sexier than the Deadman.

And hey, kid before you go...

320px-SMirC-wink.svg.png

Have an infraction. You've earned it.

So do you think that a high profile death would aid TNA in their quest to become a viable number 2 wrestling promotion?

The thing is, T.N.A. is already the "viable number 2 wrestling promotion". Whether anyone wants to agree to that or not, look at the options. W.W.E. is by far in the main spot with everything they do, and all they've accomplished. T.N.A. is running television shows, which no other promotion is doing nationally. T.N.A. is running monthly Pay per views, which no other promotion is doing nationally. (outside of W.W.E., mind you) So they are as it stands second best in a world that really only has two promotions competing.

The thing is, not even the highest profiled death would help T.N.A. overtake the W.W.E.. the Chris Benoit issue almost crippled (no pun) the W.W.E. because it made Parents turn the channel that quicker, that much more. It made the Parents in this world who want to find any number of reasons to blame violence on television.. point the finger at Professional Wrestling.

The Benoit issue almost hurt T.N.A., just for being associated with Professional Wrestling as a whole. Did the W.W.E. get a ton of news headlines off the unfortunate issue? Yes. But was it attention they'd look back on and say they'd want? I doubt it.

I would say right now, if a Superstar like Jeff Jarrett who's basically tied in with owning the company, were to pass away in a respectful manner, T.N.A. would go down in history for that solely. But the fact is they'll still go down, just on the facts of what they've done. They already became bigger than E.C.W., in a shorter amount of time.

NO, they don't have the fan base E.C.W. did, with the passionate cult-like followers.. but they've accomplished more than E.C.W. did, in a quicker amount of time.

But the point I'm getting at is, the only reasonable death that could make T.N.A. go down for being remembered off it, and possibly getting more headlines.. would be the death of the Wrestling Promoter, Jeff (or Jerry possibly) Jarrett.

I see where you are going with this and it makes more sense than the TNA needing a High Profile Death to gain success theory. The dark humor in the fact that the very same media that makes fun of wrestling picked up on the Vince McMahon death and ran it like a real story really made me stop and think. Wrestling has reached a very interesting area to the mainstream media. It's not okay to like it, but it's okay to dog it and hunt it down when something bad happens like Slayer makes kids kill other kids and Video Games are turning our kids into monsters. It is funny I guess that you could "Shoot" something and make someone really believe in it, sadly we have all the "Internet Experts" that ruin that kind of thing these days.

I've made the analogy before and I'll make it again, I see the holy grail of a wrestling storyline making mainstream press is pulling off something like a Blair Witch coup, it was a freaking movie but due to a really clever chinese whispers type campain the line got blurred in the press and for a time, people started to think it was real. As they demonstrated, something like that doesn't take money, it takes brains. I think that's what TNA need for an angle like this, not money, but some really clever marketing (although depending on how it's implemented that could cost money too, but only if there's no one there who's already on the payrole capable of it). The Vince limo thing almost got there, despite the fact it was stupid, but it demostrates how something like this could still be possible. You don't really need someone to die, but you just need to fool the press for a couple of days. But then this is may be harder with TNA's pre-taped shows...... but then maybe that could work to their advantage also.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back