What Should be my new username?

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
So I want to pay homage to the fact that my username since coming on here for the most part has been Macios however recently my father searched google to see what his work profile looked like online (Macios is my last name) and wasn't thrilled that the Wrestlezone stuff appeared for him on the google search even though it's me posting, so I have to make an edit of it but I want it to be recognizable.

So I ask all of you to make create names using my basic last name and without it being exact and the best one wins...

I'd stick with Macios. I'm not a fan of random name changes (unless you lose a name change bet).

Macios is synonymous with perseverance and getting out of prison despite the fact that many of us never thought it would happen. Stick with Macios.

It's not random. He's doing it because his dad is upset the family name pops up on wrestlezone when you do a Google search

OR you can pull a BOSS move and put a filter on your dad's computer and ask him how HE likes them apples...

We already have a Mack Millitant. Nice guy...

Yeah, what ever happened to that guy? :blush:

Macios, I feel this new name could be a symbolic change in your WZF life. Pick something striking and significant. Given your troubled past, and long time spent in prison, I suggest "Invictus" like the peom which gave hope to Nelson Mandela in his time in prison, and which he read to inspire other prisoners. The poem deals heavily with self-mastery, something you yourself have achieved... It's a strong name, powerful consonants, and its historical significance makes it very easy to remember. Best yet, its available.

Invictus, Macius.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Do it.

Doesn't have your name in it though?

Danger Burger said:
Yeah, what ever happened to that guy?
Holy shit! It's you???

blown%2Bmind.jpg

Thank heaven for them user notes...

I'd stick with Macios. I'm not a fan of random name changes (unless you lose a name change bet).

Macios is synonymous with perseverance and getting out of prison despite the fact that many of us never thought it would happen. Stick with Macios.

Honestly I was going to keep it, however like I mentioned its more to appease my father than anything else. He's giving me a pretty much free ride through college, and did move up in the General Electric Executive branch so it's more out of kindness than anything.

However I want to keep it mostly the same as like you said that name goes well with my history on here.

The exchange between Danger Burger and Bear Hug just now is EXACTLY why you need to stick with Macios. Heck, at the very least change it somehow but keep Macios in there somewhere. We have 20,000+ members here. Your username helps you stand out once you become more well known. I haven't changed mine in almost 5 years, although I did consider it a couple of times.

Holy shit! It's you???

Thank heaven for them user notes...

I could say the same thing to you Manure... Atleast you kept the bear though.

The exchange between Danger Burger and Bear Hug just now is EXACTLY why you need to stick with Macios. Heck, at the very least change it somehow but keep Macios in there somewhere. We have 20,000+ members here. Your username helps you stand out once you become more well known. I haven't changed mine in almost 5 years, although I did consider it a couple of times.

This can often be true, lord knows I go through some misery trying to keep up with Luna, the first person I considered a good poster when I got here. His name has changed almost every opportunity for the past year or so, along with sig and avatar.

What I will say against that point however, is that there is a good chance when someone sees the name Macios (and there's no offence intended here) they think "Christ, its that douche that spent a thousand days in prison" and will automatically skip over him. Sometimes in life you need a fresh start.

Danger Burger said:
I could say the same thing to you Manure... Atleast you kept the bear though.
Uh, yeah... Sly did a WHOLE article about becoming a recognizable poster. With you, I recognized the sig of the boy German suplexing poor Bambi, but that was that... I only switched it, because nobody recognized this cuddly fellow:
Manure_the_bear.jpg

This can often be true, lord knows I go through some misery trying to keep up with Luna, the first person I considered a good poster when I got here. His name has changed almost every opportunity for the past year or so, along with sig and avatar.

Keeping the same (or very similar) screenname is a big help. Honestly, so is keeping the same avatar and a similar style of sig. I've been Dagger Dias my entire run on this forum since September 2008. I've had the Cloud avatar for the better part of the past two years, and had the John Cena one with a blue background for two years before that, replacing the first which was Cena with a red background that I used the first year I was here. I've had some swaps to Las Vegas, Trish Stratus, nWo Wolfpac, and The Hangover, but all were rather short and I went right back to the main one I was using at the time. As for sigs, it's been something Final Fantasy related since around thanksgiving of 2009 or so. Your screenname, sig, and avatar all help you stand out once you find the ones that work for you.

What I will say against that point however, is that there is a good chance when someone sees the name Macios (and there's no offence intended here) they think "Christ, its that douche that spent a thousand days in prison" and will automatically skip over him. Sometimes in life you need a fresh start.

That may be true, but posters are still aware of who he is. A new username and starting over is like introducing an entirely new brand of a product. Nobody knows anything about it, and getting attention back from scratch can be a pain. That's up to the poster and I'm not just speaking to Macios. These tips are for anybody.

Uh, yeah... Sly did a WHOLE article about becoming a recognizable poster. With you, I recognized the sig of the boy German suplexing poor Bambi, but that was that... I only switched it, because nobody recognized this cuddly fellow:
Manure_the_bear.jpg

Cow and Chicken didn't do it for everyone, it seems?

I think i'm the only active member of the forum using the Slyfox avatar. Thats got to count for something, right?

Changed to Mac/iOS

Pretty much the same with a bit of modern flare as a suggested by Dr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back