What Shoud Hulk Hogan Do?

IHW

WZCW's Brent Blaze
Ok, im watching Impact here.. and i was thinking that if TNA wanted to gain a ratings boost, why don't they just use Hogan less often. Let him come on TV one a month or so. Maybe do a special ref or Announce table or just a quick promo. That way we don't get tired of him... because I really kinda am. They should do this with Flair and Sting too. Don't release them, give them off TV roles and use them on tv a few times a year.
So my questions:
What should Hogan do (every week tna tv, few apperances)
What would his role be?
Or should he just leave IW all together?

Hogan already does appear not that often. He USED to appear often, in beginning of 2010. Wtf, have you been watching?? He's on the show only like once a month, and that's fine. Flair should be released on the other hand. He is almost 63 years old...he should NOT be wrestling under ANY circumstance. I would have flair be a full time manager OR announcer, replace Tenay, that would be incredible. Sting..not sure what he should do after BFG, I have no idea how he will fit into things. I just don't see how he could become a WHC contender again, that would be weird. Sting should retire. Hogan should retire. Because him turning face now and doing something else would just be weird. If/when dixie gets the company back..just think about it..it would NOT MAKE ANY SENSE for her to keep hogan around. She would fire him on the spot. So yeah hogan should probably leave, which I think he will do anyway. Overall, right now we can't really tell. We must await the outcome of BFG, then we will have a clearer picture.

over the months Hogan hasn't been around as much as he used to be, but over the last month(or so) Hogan has been seen on every Impact multiple times. not just something around the ring, but also backstage segments. I assume TNA has been doing this to build Hogan/Sting for BFG. one of the things I think TNA has been leaving out of this feud, is a reason. whoever wins, then what? all this build up the way things have played out, I'm thinking Sting is going to win. but so what? what does that accomplish? if Sting had some type of stipulation involved like Hogan having to leave Immortal, or Dixie returning with power. something.

I don't think Sting should be champion anymore. I don't think he needs to completely retire.

Ric Flair I think is someone who would be a good mouth piece manager. he would work well with heel wrestler or wrestlers. Flair was the one who put Fortune together. problem is Flair fits well more as heel but when Fortune turned on Immortal to become face then Flair didn't really fit as well with them anymore.

I personally think he should go ahead and leave TNA altogether. It's clear no one really gives a crap about Hogan, since his debut the ratings haven't increased and he's had no major impact in the shows. All he's managed to do is take up TV time of younger guys and sell TNA a BS bill of goods. He promoted himself as some kind of savior for TNA, when all he is in reality is a washed up old man. And don't get me started on him trying to sell the "wrestling matters" slogan.

TNA does need new management to turn the company around, but Hogan isn't the right guy to put in that position. Anyone from Paul Heyman, JR or Jim Cornette could turn things around better than Hogan. I don't think it could be any more apparent that he's only in TNA to make money and shift the focus of the shows to him.

Not to mention he can't wrestle anymore(not that he could when he was healthy). For TNA to be spending so much TV time on building a Sting/Hogan match for BFG shows how ignorant TNA is to their loyal fans. To sum it up, he needs to retire to avoid embarrasing himself and TNA. Obviously, he's not there to help TNA, or else he wouldn't be trying to turn TNA into WWE or another form of WCW. Instead of using his "retirement" as a storyline, he should do it for real. His in ring days are behind him and there's only so much he can do on screen without becoming stale.

I personally think he should go ahead and leave TNA altogether. It's clear no one really gives a crap about Hogan, since his debut the ratings haven't increased and he's had no major impact in the shows. All he's managed to do is take up TV time of younger guys and sell TNA a BS bill of goods. He promoted himself as some kind of savior for TNA, when all he is in reality is a washed up old man. And don't get me started on him trying to sell the "wrestling matters" slogan.

TNA does need new management to turn the company around, but Hogan isn't the right guy to put in that position. Anyone from Paul Heyman, JR or Jim Cornette could turn things around better than Hogan. I don't think it could be any more apparent that he's only in TNA to make money and shift the focus of the shows to him.

Not to mention he can't wrestle anymore(not that he could when he was healthy). For TNA to be spending so much TV time on building a Sting/Hogan match for BFG shows how ignorant TNA is to their loyal fans. To sum it up, he needs to retire to avoid embarrasing himself and TNA. Obviously, he's not there to help TNA, or else he wouldn't be trying to turn TNA into WWE or another form of WCW. Instead of using his "retirement" as a storyline, he should do it for real. His in ring days are behind him and there's only so much he can do on screen without becoming stale.

WTF are u watching? TNA was already a poor man's WCW b4 Hogan/Bischoff got involved. Jarrett started TNA because he either didn't want to go back to WWE or he burned his bridges there anyway, and he started it with former WCW staff/talent that WWE didn't want or they didn't want to go there.

acquiring a funder and talent from the Indy's. but the overall product was still the leftovers of WCW. and it did change but 8 yrs later it's just surviving. Bischoff atleast took a globally unknown WCW and got it to beat WWE for 2 straight years and had Turner not pulled the plug on the money, who knows how much longer they would've survived.

but back to OQ, i think Hogan believes he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and believes that his presence alone makes a great company which obviously is not the case, it was all the people that made him look good that created Hulkamania, Hogan didn't even want to stay in wrestling Vince offered him the face of the company role

WTF are u watching? TNA was already a poor man's WCW b4 Hogan/Bischoff got involved. Jarrett started TNA because he either didn't want to go back to WWE or he burned his bridges there anyway, and he started it with former WCW staff/talent that WWE didn't want or they didn't want to go there.

TNA was hardly a "poor man's WCW" before H/B arrived. If anything, I'd say it was starting to become a poor man's WWE before they got there. It's clear TNA was already phasing out any original concepts they had, and when H/B arrived, they continue to head in that direction. I'll grant you TNA was bound to be compared to either company, but that doesn't mean TNA should try to emulate them. Being original and using fresh, creative ideas is the only way for TNA to evolve and become a unique promotion. Hogan and Bischoff certainly will never allow that, so TNA needs to get rid of the deadweight they have. TNA was perfectly fine before they arrived, and didn't need them to "save TNA" the same way they saved WCW.

acquiring a funder and talent from the Indy's. but the overall product was still the leftovers of WCW. and it did change but 8 yrs later it's just surviving. Bischoff atleast took a globally unknown WCW and got it to beat WWE for 2 straight years and had Turner not pulled the plug on the money, who knows how much longer they would've survived.

Although TNA had some guys from WCW, WWE and ECW, when TNA started, it was more about making new stars. Their originals were being used in ME's more consistently before H/B proclaimed they could "take TNA to the next level". Which by the way, was and is a crock of BS. Maybe he made WCW successful, but remember him, Hogan, and Russo killed WCW as well. And now ironically, you have the same trifecta in TNA. You think it's a coincidence that TNA sucks so much with them there? Until TNA realizes reliving WCW's past won't help them compete with WWE, TNA will continue to suffer. And their shows will suck as long as the main focus is on Hogan, Bischoff, Sting and Flair. Those guys were instrumental in the death of WCW, and TNA will eventually die too if the same individuals are allowed to run the asylum.

but back to OQ, i think Hogan believes he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and believes that his presence alone makes a great company which obviously is not the case, it was all the people that made him look good that created Hulkamania, Hogan didn't even want to stay in wrestling Vince offered him the face of the company role

Once upon a time Hulkamania was popular and Hogan could carry a company, but in 2011, he looks washed up and desperate for a paycheck. He's definately not the best thing going in wrestling and needs to retire with some dignity. Of course, we're talking about the same man who has been ****ing his name and image out to the highest bidder for two years(like Rent A Center, Micro Championship Wrestling, TNA, even a crappy video game). Clearly, he's added nothing to TNA, other than more wasted revenue and TV time. So, again I reiterate, he should leave TNA and stop tarnishing what legacy he has.

I don't know. I think it's kind of ironic that when Hogan and Bischoff came in, TNA was arguably at it's best with the Main Event Mafia vs the Frontline coming to a conclusion and TNA was putting on quality matches...then January 4, 2010 comes and Hogan debuts. Nothing wrong with that, but they vowed to make changes (like anyone would expect) and really it hasn't been that impressive....until now. Now, Roode is in the main event of the biggest PPV, Anderson has shown his talent, Hardy came back, RVD came back, Team 3D separated and Bully Ray got a massive push, Abyss was pushed to the moon until everyone else realized he was horrible and got put in his place, the X Division has seen something of a revival with the likes of Kendrick, Aries, Sorenson, Kid Kash, etc, the MCMG were a hot tag team until Sabin's injury, Beer Money has revitalized the tag team division to some extent...it's actually going really well right now. I watched Impact the other day and was excited to see Hogan...it just felt more like a major league promotion seeing him there. The in-ring quality of TNA's matches are better than WWE's in my opinion (if only they would feature more matches instead of promos....)

The main problem with the current product as far as Hogan goes is the focus is on him, Sting, Flair and Bischoff. All were big deals once upon a time, but currently they serve hardly any purpose and take up WAY too much TV time. And it shows in a big way from my viewpoint. Sting for example, the whole time he was champion wrestled maybe 5-10 minutes in the ME's on Impact. The Knockouts are getting twice that amount of in ring time, with less commercials breaks. Meaning, essentially you have the Knockouts outperforming your World Champion. Not exactly my idea of adding prestige to the title. Which leads me to the Sting/Flair match last week on Impact. Probably the worst match I've ever seen on an Impact. If anything will convince TNA to shift the focus from the old washed up guys to the TNA originals or talented big stars, this should do the trick. Apparently, that isn't the case though, since they are going through with the plans of a matchup between Sting/Hogan.

With all that said, the shows could be better. Making Bobby Roode champion is a step in the right direction. Then of course, pitting Roode vs. other members of Fourtune was an excellent idea in terms of good in ring work.

TNA has all the best in ring workers to have a solid, great match Impact from start to finish, but for some reason, they'd rather focus on worse wrestling. Using guys like Hogan, Sting and Flair won't make them more popular. Until they realize bad wrestling and lame attempts at entertainment isn't what fans want, they'll never be taken seriously. Hogan is the epitome of why TNA sucks now. Wrestling past doesn't equal success unless they bring something valuable to the table. At this stage in his career, Hogan is becoming a joke and it's pathetic to watch him kill any potential TNA has going for them.

As far as Hulk Hogan being a consistent ratings draw for TNA, it's not going to happen no matter what they do. The time for such a possibility has long since passed and having Hogan on television, even as a rarity, isn't going to do anything for TNA's numbers. It might pop a rating for a particular segment of the show and help contributed to a somewhat higher show rating but that's all it's going to be.

For me personally, I'd just rather see Hogan gone from TNA. His usefulness overall just isn't there. TNA would draw, at least, the same numbers they have been whether Hogan is part of the company or not. And, strictly speaking from a business standpoint, it'd probably just be cheaper as well because we all know that Hogan makes much more money than the vast majority of the TNA roster.

I just haven't really enjoyed Hogan on TNA in a very long time and a big reason for that is because I knew exactly how he was going to be used when it was announced he's signed with the company: he was going to be the overall centerpiece of TNA. And, for much of his time with the company, he's been exactly that despite the fact. Hogan's involvement in "Abyssamania" was absolutely dreadful and he continued to be in, seemingly, every other segment on the show in 2010 especially. When he turned heel, I also knew that we were going to get yet another big faction war/power struggle storyline in TNA. They'd done it over & over and it just felt like an excuse to give Hulk Hogan tv time more than anything else.

Here's what I'd, realistically, love to see happen: Get the Hogan vs. Sting match over with. We know it's going ot happen because this is an opportunity to jack up ppv buys. Sting has been playing the character of TNA's knight in shining armor forever it seems so let him beat Hogan and be the savior of the company just so we can get this over with. If Sting wins, which he will, give the company back to Dixie Carter and have Hogan just disappear.

something that needs to be remembered, TNA Impact Wrestling is a TV show. I think there are a lot more general fans watching at home that don't participate much on the internet, so you never really hear about them. a general wrestling fan doesn't really care about the in ring wrestling ability, they watch to be entertained. I consider myself a general wrestling fan. I don't really care about a wrestlers ability in the ring. to me a look is more important. I watch to be entertained.
while the names like Hogan/Sting/Flair/ect have not increased ratings the way TNA has hoped, if you cut a lot of these name guys and I bet ratings drop. IMO there is still a place for guys like these names mentioned as well as guys like RVD/Steiner.

Hulk Hogan is an example of someone while in his prime was absolute gold. he wasn't the best wrestler, but he didn't have to be. he was the ultimate good guy all American hero with a great image that everyone could look up too. it's not all about how you perform in the ring, a look IMO is just as important and maybe even more.
there was never anyone nor will there ever be anyone who was on the level of Hogan during his prime. you don't need to know anything at all about wrestling, but you hear the name Hulk Hogan and you know he was a wrestler. no one else has been on that level. not Sting, Flair, Cena, Austin, Rock.

I think the best role Hogan should play is one that I'm not sure he could work in. he could be the boss, like McMahon in WWE. I haven't watched WWE for years, but last I used to watch McMahon wasn't seen very often. at this point Hogan should not be seen as a wrestler, he should be seen as management. someone who makes wrestling decisions, but who doesn't really get involved himself. question is, is Hogan smart enough for that?

Let me say this first; I respect Hogan for all his achievements and what he's done for the wrestling business over the years. That being said, Hogan has done absolutely zero to improve Impact Wrestling in his time there. It's been empty promises and really bad ideas. Hogan & Bischoff vowed to take TNA to a "whole new level". And I, as a fan, wanted to believe they could do that. I even watched optimistically thinking it would happen when TNA went head-to-head with RAW on Mondays. A ballsy move. However, it didn't work when everything was said and done. They failed miserably and pretty much exposed themselves for what they were and are; past success stories who don't know how to run a wrestling company. Or promote it[they promote the midgets more, for God's sake].

As for what Hulk should do, he should retire as soon as possible. He can't wrestle anymore and he doesn't have on-screen presence either. It's time for The Hulkster to step up and do the right thing for the company for once in his career. Step aside and let the younger guys take over. Pass the torch, brother! Don't light them on fire with it like you have in the past. Leave the business with your head up and save what little dignity might be left. And for God's sake, LOSE! At least that would be a fitting ending to a career full of questionable refusals to put someone over. Do that and retire and you'll at least be remembered for something good at the end.

Hulk Hogan needs to have zero inring time. He should be backstage as Genral Manager or CEO and behind a desk. Flair should be pensioned off. Sting can still go, but should be putting over the Robert Roodes of the roster.

For TNA to survive, they should take a chance and put the title on Robert Roode at Bound for G,lory, and have him take Hogan out when he goes to give Roode the belt. I mean a seriousd beatdown to end the show, sending Hogan into a retirement for real on screen. A Heel Robert Roode as champion would draw nig dollars. Feuds witgh Sting, Angle, Anderson, RVD, Hardy, AJ. All faces and plenty of money to be made in those feuds. Have them have zero physical contact until the ppv, build the matches up properly

they lack the knowledge wwe does, like for example with wwe look how they evolved cody rhodes character. It was genius, he has this dashing cody rhodes gimmick where he is all like thinking how handsome he is, then he feuds with rey and rey does the 619 on him and breaks his nose.That makes him think he is hideous so he wears the mask and uses it as a weapon. Hes like the dr doom character type, either that or a mankind type of character.

they should get rid of bishoff and have Hogan as a face in sort of a GM role. As i think the main reason ppl hve a problem with hogan is he allined back with bishoff and russo again i really think that with out them hogan can have is twilight years and maybe have something other than the laughing stock TNA has made him into and Hogan dont fight sting at bound for glory as you can hardly walk brother
i might be wrong but this is a woman's point of view

and how come with hogan its always brother what about sister :lol::wtf::banghead:;):p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back