What Legacy has The Twilight Zone left on television?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Via Armbar

Has a pretty good dick.
The original Twilight Zone ran from 1959 to 1964 and is still running in syndication today. It's a staple of new years eve with a marathon running on the scifi channel every year. There isn't a single episode of the original 156 that doesn't contain a classic quote that has endured through 50 years of television. Catch an episode on any given day and chances are you'll see a familiar face as the show featured great known actors of the time like Burgess Merideth and some promising up and comers like William Shatner.

I could go on for hours about this show. I remember watching the show when i was 4 years old, and the opening title sequence scared me so i would turn the tv off until it was over. Now i have those images tattoo'd on my arm.

What do you think will be the lasting effect that the show will have on television in the future? And what effect it has already had on current shows like Fring, Lost and such?

Clearly the title was supposed to be What Legacy has The Twilight Zone left on television. My bad.

But feel free to give your insight on the reincarnations of the show and if they have had any impact as well. The movie is up for discussion as well if you feel it effected that industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back