What if?......Scott Hall

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
As we all know Scott Hall has had a great career but what if scott hall could of controled his drinking when he returned in 2002 what do you think would of happened with the NWO storyline? do you think he could of been WWE champion?

for me i think the nwo storyline would of took off pretty big because you had Kevin Nash, xpac and the returning Shawn Michaels so you more or less had the Kliq back together so the entertainment factor and promos would of been awesome.

I think the only way Scott Hall would of became WWE champ is by being on the complete different brand as Kevin Nash, because at the time Nash was the leader of the NWO so any title shot would of gone to Nash.

What do you guys think? what feuds would you of wanted to see with Scott Hall in?

To me if he had control over his issues then he would have been world champ in WCW easy, maybe even in his original stint in WWF, I don't know how bad his problem was back then or if he actually had one. But there is no doubt in my mind the guy was at one time or another deserving of being a world champion. As many guys have said, very good worker similar to x-pac, both good workers. But both let themselves be got the better of by the finer things in life and ended up pretty bitter because of it.

Scotty wa even in good shape as far back as 03 when he was in TNA, it's a massive shame to see how far he has fallen for a guy that had the charisma and the skill to have made it bigger than he was.

WWE likes doing old partner feuds, so at some point if he was still around at the time I can see WWE wanting to have put him and nash in a feud when nash was still part of the NWO. For me that would have been a logical step and something good to watch also because as teams go, few had the history of those guys. They were together even longer than HBK and HHH and we know how well their feud went down around 03 times.

It is a traversty that he never won the world title belt, especially considering that he was in a hell of a lot of world title matches, I can remember at least three in his career, but unfortunately he travelled the path he did and we're left with the wishful thinking.

All Hall needed to be was clean and sober during his WWE run. I have listened to his shoot interview and he even regrets not being sober and not taking it super seriously.

Obviously Nash had the injuries but if Hall would have stayed healthy I wouldn't have been surprised if they would have either
A) Kept the NWO angle longer, and with Hall it would have worked better
B)If the NWO still was dissolved, Hall was still in a major feud, I wouldn't have been surprised to see a feud with HHH.
C) Even if Nash would have gotten hurt I would have seen a feud with Nash a year down the road
D) World title contention. Maybe not a run but he could have gotten a few PPV title shots, and the storyline that he had never won the big one would have been a good foundation to push him as a face to the title.

Now Hall was still getting up there, He would have had at tops 5 years then would have faded out. You could have even ended his career with a ladder match against HBK.

Scott Hall is one of the biggest "What ifs?" in wrestling history...I would go as far to call him the Ken Griffey Jr. Of Wrestling

Hall could have been at least a contender during his Razor Ramon days and was a great IC champ. But instead, Hall became one of the biggest drugged up pieces of shit. Him and jeff hardy will be dead within 5 years

I think Scott Hall could have won a World Championship in WWE. If he stayed in the WWE I think the NWO would still disband because the group would be Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Triple H, and X-Pac. You would have Big Show too. The only way NWO could have stayed is if Hogan rejoined the NWO. Which would basically mean DX is number 2 to the NWO since the two original member or two of the original members of Dx are now part of NWO.

We probably would have seen a run with the Kliq. We would probably see a NWOish stoyline where it would be the Kliq vs. the WWE. Booker T and Big Show and possibly the likes of Austin and Hogan would eventually fued would the group too.

After the Klique Storyline Hall would have moved to Smackdown and start competing for the WWE Championship since Nash was kind of the leader of the NWO at the time like a previous poster put.

Holy hell, I was thinking just this when I clicked on the thread. I figured it would be another drawn out "What if Scott Hall had won the match against Random WWF Jobber 52 in 1992 at that one house show where 13 people attended?" Says a lot that Scott Hall and drinking go together like that.

Hey yo......Scott Hall, interesting subject. But getting to the point, truth of the matter is, back during his first stint in WWF as Razor Ramon, I could see him becoming WWF Champion. He had some good feuds, and some great Matches. That Ladder Match at Wrestlemania 10 with HBK, was the best match of his career in my opinion. But him as Champ in 2002? No way because he's grown old with age, and his drinking and drug abuse problem was a big concern. Hall wasn't reliable nor was he dependable to deliver a good match or represent the company as a WWE champion. And plus he was past his time. But as far as the NWO Angle would of went; Vince was depressed and wanted his company to die because Ric Flair was GM of Raw, and his family tooken control of the business from a storyline perspective, so Vince basically had the mentality whatever I've created, it's going to die with me, so that's when he sent in the NWO. And from there before Hall got released and with the Addition of HBK, or even if Hogan was to still be part of the group, I could see a Hostile takeover happening with the WWF. The NWO practically taking over the company which called for WWE Unity, and a final Battle to rid the WWF of the NWO. These guys took over Monday Nitro and took out WCW and named it NWO Nitro, I think the intent of the storyline woulda been more intense if Hall was to have to been there. But since released, Big Show, and Booker joined, Nash lost his hair, and HBK found the Lord, (always a good thing.) But from a storyline perspective, we would've seen no more then what we saw in WCW. Just a little more bend the rules type ruckus for Vince to rub in the face of Ted Turner and JJ Dillon and them other guys.

Scott Hall has always been my # 1 guy who never won a world title. I seriously hope he is present at HBK's Hall of Fame induction because Kevin Nash is also planning to be there; hopefully we'll get to see an informal reunion sorts of the Kliq.

I always liked Scott Hall. He had almost unrivalled charisma, had a great look, a sick finisher and could certainly go in the ring. It is very disappointing that he never held a World Title in a major organisation, especially in his first run in WWE and his awesome spell in WCW. Still, if you can't control your demons then you are stopping yourself from getting to the top- see Bulldog and Jake Roberts for other examples.

In 2002, I still thought Hall was worth having around. The nWo angle could have gone alot further than it did, and Hall acting like an idiot and drinking himself stupid on the Plane Ride From Hell resulted in his sacking, which was a big factor in the nWo angle being scrapped when it was. Idiot.

I could not seen Vince giving him a world title run from 2002 onwards, WWE had alot of main event talent around at that time, and Hall would have been way down the ladder but still worthy of a good run with the IC title or the US title if he had stayed with the WWE until it had been re-introduced.

He would also have probably feuded with Nash at some point, reformed the Outsiders after that, and maybe even formed the Klique again with HHH and a returning HBK....however this could have affected the existance of Evolution, and who knows where the career paths of Batista and Randy Orton would have gone had Evolution not been formed

If he was still in the WWE now and hadnt hit the bottle again I could see Hall as an occasional wrestler, but mainly working backstage, in a managerial role or as a play by play guy, replacing Tazz when he went to TNA. Maybe Hall could have been the mystery GM, I would love to see the GM of Raw covered in gold chains and with a toothpick in his mouth!

Survey says......One more......for the good guys!

Well said Natural.

Scott Hall's window of opportunity to be WWE champion had passed by 2002.

If he ever would have been WWF/E champ, it would have been when he was red hot, in the midst of his feuds with Shawn, Goldust, Diesel, and Bret. There were just too many other capable fixtures in the company by 2002 and giving Hall the title would have been like taking a step backwards.

I wish that Razor Ramon would have been WWF champion, but it never happened.

Now, if Scott would have not had the substance abuse problems, the nWo could have continued for a while for sure. I could not see it being the main story, or carrying the show, but it could have remained relevant for another year.

If Scott Hall didn't have the substance abuse problems, he probably would have become NWA (TNA) champion. He could have rekindled feuds with Sting, battled Nash's protege Samoa Joe, and maybe even stood against the Main Event Mafia.

Well said Natural.

If Scott Hall didn't have the substance abuse problems, he probably would have become NWA (TNA) champion. He could have rekindled feuds with Sting, battled Nash's protege Samoa Joe, and maybe even stood against the Main Event Mafia.

Glad u liked my post Drew :)

When NWA-TNA started up, Hall was one of their big names. If Ron Killings can hold the world title in the early days of the company, and Jeff Jarrett can hold the belt, and Malice can be pushed as a challenger...why not Hall? Its sinple. Even in 2002 Scott Hall was a liability, and an up-anda-coming organidation, who were desperate for ANY stars if name value to make it seem legitimate, were not willing to give a recognised name like Scott Hall the title says it all. He was a fuck up , plain and simple.

It really is sad that Scott is reduced to appearing in Juggalo Championship Wrestling now, with the pathetic Insane Clown Posse...this is Scott Hall...in what is basically backyard wrestling. Really sad :(.

I suppose it shows how addiction can fuck you over

Glad u liked my post Drew :)

When NWA-TNA started up, Hall was one of their big names. If Ron Killings can hold the world title in the early days of the company, and Jeff Jarrett can hold the belt, and Malice can be pushed as a challenger...why not Hall? Its sinple. Even in 2002 Scott Hall was a liability, and an up-anda-coming organidation, who were desperate for ANY stars if name value to make it seem legitimate, were not willing to give a recognised name like Scott Hall the title says it all. He was a fuck up , plain and simple.

It really is sad that Scott is reduced to appearing in Juggalo Championship Wrestling now, with the pathetic Insane Clown Posse...this is Scott Hall...in what is basically backyard wrestling. Really sad :(.

I suppose it shows how addiction can fuck you over

Yeah it's sad. He could have achieved much more. he was a good wrestler for a guy of 6'6" and 280 Lbs. he had a great moveset, I loved the Fallaway slam, and the Razor's Edge. he had charisma, and the right looks to be world champ.

In reality Scott's only real chance of a World Title was in the AWA when Curt Hennig had the belt, but I think he was on the outs or gone by then.

Razor Ramon was never WWF Champ material... not missing by much, but he got hurt by the complacency his cushy midcard run gave him... Shawn would give up a belt, Razor would get it... During all but his first IC run and feud with Shawn he was pretty much coasting against far inferior opponents. It was only towards the end things got interesting with Goldust and by then he was on the outs again...

The people were there for Scott to have built himself up against, but the Kliq mentality meant he avoided guys like Davey Boy, Shane Douglas and Bigelow... Guys who could show up that in reality he had fewer moves than John Cena... he stayed with "friendly guys".

WCW he was always 2nd fiddle to Nash and Hogan... they had titles under their belts... He was unproven... had he been smarter during his WWE run he could have been their equal, but he never was...

Are we really still stuck on this theory that having very few moves makes you shit? Scott was a big-ish guy and could work. His alcohol problem was his set back. I read that at one point in WCW he was being pushed towards being an eventual champion. He just got caught up in his personal crap again. Scott has more talent and charisma in his ******** than Cena has in his whole body. I agree though, he was too comfortable and didn't have to work hard for his money. Had he needed it more, he would have gone and gotten it. His drinking problems took away his drive.

Scott Hall is my all time favorite (if you didn't realize by my name) and it truly is a disappointment that the guy won't show up to work. i mean i love to party and get blacked out drunk and i've been thrown out of most of the bars in san bernadino county. i just wish i could go get shit faced with Hall a few times. Scott Hall 4-lyfe. also has anyone noticed how the Hukster rips off some of Hall's signature moves/catch phrases? he always does the crouching walk with his arms out like hall used to do. Fuck you Hogan

Scott Hall was is and always will be a fall down drunk (he's a drunk, doesn't have demons) who never amounted to the level of success he could have had he made the right choices...

I have been watching a lot of mid 90's matches and PPV's lately and to be honest his in ring work was far superior than most of his opponents at the time, my god he was wrestling JJ at the time who looked like this:

doublej2.jpg

I would agree with most other posters than he had the potential to be a star and maybe win the world title, but look at the fact that Stone Cold won the strap many times and he was a drunk too (perhaps more than Hall)...

I have to be honest and say that I enjoyed watching Scott Hall being the No.2 to Nash when they went to WCW more than I did when he was Razor Ramon in WWE, he just seemed to be more comfortable in that role (probably so he could still enjoy his lifestyle and not have to be the big dog)...

One can only hope that he manages to get his act back together one day....

IMO Hall is the best wrestler to never win a world title. Charisma, check. Talent, check. great following, check. I mean for fucks sake a guy on this site's name is bringbackscotthall, if thats not following idk what is. I am a juggalo and went to see the JCW show where he shows up at, and it is sad. While I am a juggalo I am also a wrestling lover and it was extremely sad to see how he was. Out of shape, word slurring, weathered looking Son of a bitch who looked like he liked where he was at. While I am hoping he goes to Shawn Micheals' HOF ceremony I really wish he would go to it sober.

So Stone Cold was a bigger drunk than Scott Hall? I don't want to play Top Trumps Alco's Edition here, but that's not the case. If you can get up and show up for work, you're not even half way to what Scott is. Having witnessed family members going the same way, I'm well aware of alcoholism.

See, when I look at Scott, I don't see a washed up clown who's desperate to drink his life away and relive his mid 20's. That's what a lot of people see. I see someone who clearly has problems under the surface. People don't drink themselves into an early grave for the fun of it. The booze is a crutch. Far be it for me to speculate exactly why Scott needs his crutch. It could be an inferiority complex, it could be a childhood issue, or it could be a number of things. But what's certain is that it's depression of some kind. He's a vulnerable human being who looks anything but vulnerable. Just cos you're 6ft 7 and could beat the crap out of most average men, doesn't mean you're a clueless piss-artist who should be able to deal with said problems alone. Personally I look in the bloke's eyes and feel sorry for him. Long fucking live Scott Hall.

Scott and Jake Roberts are similar souls... Jake has long admitted that despite bad things happening, he made the calls that destroyed what career he had, sorry but Scott Hall did it to himself...He got seduced by the power and zero consequce environment being in the Kliq afforded him, all the members did. he and Nash could do what they wanted when they got to WCW... Nash and Shawn got out just at the right time... but Scott couldn't turn it around, the damage was too far done... the demons were created by the booze...

Its sad, but Scott Hall's legacy is that of a cautionary tale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back