If the Kliq reunited on WWE TV: DX or nWo??

The Kliq reunited as DX or the nWo??

• D-Generation X

• New World Order

• Just the Kliq

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CM Steel

A REAL American
We saw somewhat of a reunion of everybody's favorite "backstage faction", the kliq. With guys such as of course Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Kevin Nash, and X-Pac (Scott Hall didn't/couldn't attend the ceremony). And during Nash & X-Pac's entrance from backstage, someone played the DX theme. Indicating that we might see these four (or five) men as a alternative of D-Generation X in the future?

But why DX? Kevin Nash (nor Scott Hall) was ever in DX. But I guess anything is possible in the WWE I guess. But why not the kliq return in the future as the nWo (New World Order)? Remember back in 2002 around this time when the nWo were in the WWE? While Hulk Hogan turned babyface once again, the nWo consisted of Scott Hall (for awhile before he got released), Kevin Nash (before an injury), and X-Pac. Not too long after that Shawn Michaels joined the stable and tried to get Triple H from Smackdown into the nWo on RAW as it's newest member. But by that summer WWE chairman Vince McMahon had pulled the plug on the whole nWo angle in the WWE.

So if the "infamous" kliq did make there return to WWE TV? Which legendary faction should they spin the kliq off of, DX or the nWo??

I have a feeling that if this were to ever happen (which I highly doubt btw) it would be as DX, mainly because Vince didn't create the nWo. Now if this were to happen, I think it would be cool for them to just go by what they were referred to as backstage, The Kliq. Most of the crowd are aware of the friendship these guys have and know "The Kliq" name. I do think it would be pretty cool to see them as a stable, if even for a short period of time. Just my opinion though.

This could be one more major run, but it would be a one night only deal, as HHH, Nash and Waltman are more behind the scenes at WWE, and Michaels is out and about promoting for WWE and retired.

DX or NWO? Hmm, how about the DXWO! The Green, White, and Black attacks lol. Thats the only thing i could think of.

It should just be called The Kliq. Everyone who has wrestling knowledge knows the true meaning of the group and its history. And those who do not, certainly do not need another DX or NWO forced onto them. Go with something new for casual fans and something meaningful for old-timers.

But it will likely not happen, or at least for 3/4 years til Vince is gone and only if they come back in as a non-wrestling "Corporation" type regime.

They should and would be recognized as DX. DX was a Kilq/WWE creation and nWo was more of a WCW thing. If they reuinite in the WWE, I dont think I have to explain why DX is the better choice. Triple H was never in nWo, and HBK was only part of the the new WWE style nWo. The only alternation I could see Vince doing if these guys came back is referring to them as The Kliq instead of DX, because thats one faction they all fit in, allthough it will still be more associated with DX than nWo.

How cool would it be to sit around a table with all those members. You gotta believe Hall and Nash relish the NWO days, but so would HHH, HBK, Pac with DX. All best friends in two of the biggest fractions of all time. Pretty amazing to be apart of that circle.

If it ever happened, I think it would make sense for it to be called The Kliq. However, Shawn and Trips can still be called D-Generation X while Nash and Hall can still be called nWo/The Outsiders (Similar to how Roode and Storm are still BEER MONEY even if they are both in Fortune).

And Waltman can point out he is both an Outsider/nwo and a DX member.

this is why none of you book lmao....too complicated.....DXWO? Xpac being both NWO and DX while the others are just one or the other?

Simplicity is the best way to book. DX, just adding Nash would make sense. Hall will never ever ever ever be back so talking about him is pointless.

If they were to reunite than its DX, just adding Nash. But it won't happen so.....NEXT

If this were to actually happen, I think "The Kliq" would be the best way to go. A good chunk of the WWE audience won't remember the nWo, and would barely remember DX.

Like EStreet said, this group would only really work as a "Corporation"-type stable, since these guys really shouldn't be wrestling anymore. In that case, they could have all-new theme music for the "Kliq", but still play the old DX or nWo themes. For instance: Nash cuts a promo in the ring, then throws up the "wolf" hand gesture. Perfect time for the old white & black theme to play. Shawn and/or Hunter are out, they commission a match. At the end, they say "...if you're not down with that..." - how could you not play the DX theme?

I think all of these guys should (usually) come out to a "Corporate"-style "Kilq" theme. Once in a while, any/all of them could come out (or leave) during the nWo and/or DX music...I just wouldn't call them either group. Even if nWo music is playing, I'd still play the "Kliq" Titantron graphics, etc.

A Kliq theme could become as iconic as McMahon's "No Chance" theme, if the group is handled correctly. I hope WWE doesn't try to do this for a little while, and even then keeps everyone out of the ring.

What would be the point in putting those level of stars together again in a stable? Triple H and HBK have had the most success out of all of the stars of these groups, and reforming any of these stables would be a waste time, and a major step back for all involved.

The Kliq is dead.
The NWO died in WCW.
DX died when HBK retired.

Stop trying to rehash the past and Let sleeping dogs lie.

Why would WWE put a group of old timers together to "run" the company? Isn't that a TNA thing? It would be okay for a short stint but not for very long.

Hall will never return, and I won't be surprised if he becomes one of the next wrestling tragedies.

What would be the point in putting those level of stars together again in a stable? Triple H and HBK have had the most success out of all of the stars of these groups, and reforming any of these stables would be a waste time, and a major step back for all involved.

The Kliq is dead.
The NWO died in WCW.
DX died when HBK retired.

Stop trying to rehash the past and Let sleeping dogs lie.

It's a simple as that really. I'd even go as far enough to say, that the Kliq never really existed, on WWE TV anyway.

The nWo bombed bigtime in the WWE and DX got really stale. The latter died when HBK left.

Triple H - about to hang up his boots
Nash - No in ring future in WWE
HBK - Retired
X-Pac - No in ring future in WWE
Hall - Won't get anywhere near the WWE sadly, he's another tragic news story waiting to happen, and I'm sure WWE want no part of that.

The closest we would get to a reunion has already happened, at the WWE Hall of Fame.

If such a thing did theoretically happen, it would be DX.

HHH and Shawn Michaels are two of the biggest stars in wrestling, and much more familiar to the WWE audience.

Hall and Nash are more nostalgia acts.

NWO = Hall and Nash as the leaders.
DX = Shawn and HHH as the leaders.

Shawn and HHH are not gonna play second fiddle to Hall and Nash.

I think the obvious decision would be to the kliq. As a collective group, they were known backstage as the kliq, so it wouldn't make sense for them to unite as anything other than that. Some members were never in DX, and some(mainly Triple H) was never in the NWO. Also, the NWO is a huge factor in Hogan's history and others like that, so I think that would be a huge drawback to bring something back from a guy on a rival (can you call it rival) promotion. I think that the Kliq would not only be something that many older fans remember, but it would be something relatively new to the new generation, but would have major credibility because of it's members. It wouldn't need a name to stand on. They could come back as anything, even if it's something silly like 5 guys, burgers and fries (great burgers, by the way) and people would respect them. But my vote goes for the Kliq.

Why would WWE bring back DX, Kliq or NWO it wouldn't do anything for anyone on the roster but give some old timers a pay check. Thats why we have wrestle reunion for. As much as I loved DX & NWO, they don't add up to the Kliq anymore. ( DX + NWO + Kliq = AARP ) I don't understand todays generation of wrestling fans, first they say guys like Hogan, Flair, Taker, Nash, Hall, HBK, and so on need to retired, and when they do people cry that wrestling is boring and want to see matches like Sting vs Flair or lets bring back the NWO or DX ??? Folks as fans we need to learn how to be patient and let WWE and TNA and maybe even ROH develop the new generation of wrestlers slowly. The more we complain the more they rush the more crappy shows we get so lets just be patient great wrestling shows may be 2 to 3 yrs away, nothing becomes great over night not even the WWE.

i've got three words for ya..Never Gonna Happen. stop wishful thinking. god i'm so sick of all of these people's "what if" scenarios. but, yea it would be awesome.

Agreed it won't happen. The major reason it won't happen is Scott Hall. How could you bring back the Kliq without Hall? Remember, Hall is persona non-grata in WWE until he gets his shit together. It would be like you would like to have an Hamburger without the steak.;)

"Survey says, One more for the good guys!!!" - Scott Hall
"Sorry about your damn luck!!!" - James Storm

To be perfectly honest, I have no desire to see any of these groups return to WWE television.

Let's start with the nWo: The nWo was really the first faction that we saw brought in that had the intention of "taking control" of a wrestling company. Circa 1996, the nWo was booked as basically being a "company" within a company that was looking to ultimately supplant themselves as the power within WCW both on screen and in the business aspect. It was revolutionary and it worked for quite a while. However, if you've been watching TNA for the past several years, they've basically been doing the exact same faction angle. I've seen it so many times in TNA that I'm just literally sick of the idea in general now. I'm tired of the faction power struggle/corporate takeover angle and have little interest in seeing it even in WWE. The WWE really hasn't done anything like that in roughly a decade now but I've no real interest in seeing them do it at this point in time.

Let's continue on to DX: In its prime during the Attitude Era, DX was a completely different sort of faction. They were irreverant, immature, crude and outright crass at times. They fit in perfectly with the times. The faction was comprised of young guys that had the right combination of looks, ability, attitude & entertainment value. However, the ressurgence of DX was a far cry from the glory days. In the PG Era, DX simply doesn't work for a number of reasons. First and foremost, the crude humor, language & general attitude of DX is simply a big no no these days. On top of that, even if it wasn't, it would still seem kind of dated. Another big problem is the fact that all the members of DX are in their 40s, some very well into their 40s like HBK & Billy Gunn. Even if you substituted Kevin Nash into the group, that's not much help as he's in his 50s. There are few things as pathetic to see as a middle aged man behaving like he's a 21 year old frat boy. And just slapping together guys like Hall, Nash & Waltman into the group would be ok for a brief dose of nostalgia but not much of anything else.

My opinion in this whole thread is that I just love how people will call DX or NWO a "nostalgia act" but then these are the same people that cheer for The Rock, who is also a nostalgia act. He said he would never go away again? Really? Where is he? But I digress....

I personally would love to see DX come back. Shawn obviously would not have to wrestle, however, XPAC and NASH and HHH could, for one last program maybe. They could have a feud with New Nexus and/or The Corre, which could maybe finish off at WM in a three way faction match. NWO, never cared for em, even in WCW, and especially in WWE. The Kliq would be cool as well to war with Nexus and/or the Corre, but definitely not NWO.

If they were all together on screen again, it would probably be DX, but I would rather see them referred to as The Kliq, as Nash was never in DX and their backstage friendship is well known as usually referred to as "the Kliq".

I would like to see them reunited as a group, but due to the age of the guys, Shawn being retired, Nash semi-retired, Hall as a mess and HHH nearing retirement it would more than likely only ever be a one-time deal, without most of them actually getting in the ring.

They would NEVER be referred to as the nWO as Shawn and HHH are synonomous with DX and most people will not remember Shawn or Waltman being in the nWo. However, if Hall and Nash ever reunited, they should be referred to as The Outsiders, just like Robert Roode and James Storm are referred to as Beer Money within the larger Fortune faction in TNA. HHH and Michaels could also be called DX within The Kliq.

I'd like to see them reunite on air as The Kliq.. now a lot of these guys aren't wrestlers so they should try and get other stars over either by feuding with them... or by allowing some acquaintances inside the Kliq.

Either way they should have both friends and allies to put the other superstars over. Think about it.. you got John Morrison hanging with The Kliq.. I'm sure he could use that kind of a group to help get behind him. Maybe The Kliq should just take over the WWE and run it...

HHH/Steph, Nash/Hall, X-Pac.. they all could have some sort of an authority angle if done right.

im surprised at the results...but DX all the way.. just remember the nWo got old and boring, DX reunited 8 years later and people loved it. whats that tell you?

If they all made a return to TV, the Kliq would be best.

NWO brings back memories of WCW and Hogan. Hogan being with Impact, I'm sure WWE doesn't want that on people's mind too often (argument could be made they still show him in classic videos but not on regular programming).
DX ended with a decent tag team run. Bringing them back again so soon may not go over well with a lot of people. Yes it would sell merchandise and get a crowd reaction, but that could die out fast.

The Kliq is what these guys are known for. Even when they were in these separate groups, they were still known as the Kliq. It would be interesting to see them come on WWE tv after all these years.

If the Kliq ever came back then I would rather they just be themselves and remain the Kliq. There's no point in bringing back DX or the nWo again due to those stables both being in the past where they belong. I think an angle involving the Kliq members as themselves would be far more interesting because that way they would not be reviving an old stable that needs to stay disbanded.

I have mentioned this before somewhere, but if the Kliq were to form an on-screen stable of any kind, Face, Heel, Superstars, Corporation, I would go with either the name “N.D.X.W.O. / New D-Generation X World Order” or simply the “Kliq” or “Clique”. I think the Black and Green would look great. They could even go with this for a logo.

l.jpg

Actually, I would rather put the “D” and the “X” between the “N” and the “W”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back