What if Kimbo Slice signed with WWE?

SHAGAMANIA 3:16

Occasional Pre-Show
[YOUTUBE]2g9eQNE-DEI[/YOUTUBE]

What if Kimbo Slice signed with WWE 10 years ago?
He would of been very limited in the ring but he could been a legit bad ass.

He might of still been a star today in WWE if he kept in shape.

He'd be alright as somebody's bodyguard. The guy can't even move when he's on the mat, worst wrestler the MMA world has seen in awhile. I was a big fan and fell for the hype when he entered the MMA world, then somebody took him to the ground wrestling and he froze up and got destroyed. It's too bad because he looks like he could destroy anyone, but outside of street fighting he sucks bad.

He'd be alright as somebody's bodyguard. The guy can't even move when he's on the mat, worst wrestler the MMA world has seen in awhile. I was a big fan and fell for the hype when he entered the MMA world, then somebody took him to the ground wrestling and he froze up and got destroyed. It's too bad because he looks like he could destroy anyone, but outside of street fighting he sucks bad.

So he would been better off in WWE where he could of been booked to be dominate at all times.

He had huge hype around him, he could of been a legend in WWE.

He would have made a great fit if booked correctly. He was a solid athlete in his prime. Apparently he was going places in football before a hurricane hit his coty and ended his high school football program. It's a pretty great story/gimmick in itself.

For me, the only thing legendary about Kimbo Slice has been the hype surrounding him since the early to mid 2000s. I see him as just another internet sensation who ultimately crashed and burned once he got to the big leagues. He's a tough guy, don't get me wrong on that, but the world's full of tough guys and whenever he's had an opportunity to really shine on the big stage, he's choked.

Slice's biggest wins in his career have been against nobodies and has-been. In 2008, he beat Tank Abbott, another heavily overhyped brawler who has a glorious win-loss record of 10-15, and Ken Shamrock last year, a 51 year old who can't leave MMA behind for reason and has lost 9 of his last 11 fights.

The notion of WWE signing Kimbo Slice back in the day strikes me as the sort of thing that WWE has gotten raked over the coals for in the past: choosing style over substance. Once you get past all the hype, there's just not a whole helluva lot there. He had a great look and had the intimidation factor but so do a lot of other guys who haven't been worth a shit.

For me, the only thing legendary about Kimbo Slice has been the hype surrounding him since the early to mid 2000s. I see him as just another internet sensation who ultimately crashed and burned once he got to the big leagues. He's a tough guy, don't get me wrong on that, but the world's full of tough guys and whenever he's had an opportunity to really shine on the big stage, he's choked.

Slice's biggest wins in his career have been against nobodies and has-been. In 2008, he beat Tank Abbott, another heavily overhyped brawler who has a glorious win-loss record of 10-15, and Ken Shamrock last year, a 51 year old who can't leave MMA behind for reason and has lost 9 of his last 11 fights.

The notion of WWE signing Kimbo Slice back in the day strikes me as the sort of thing that WWE has gotten raked over the coals for in the past: choosing style over substance. Once you get past all the hype, there's just not a whole helluva lot there. He had a great look and had the intimidation factor but so do a lot of other guys who haven't been worth a shit.
To be fair, Kimbo isn't a great MMA Fighter, but neither is the vast majority of the WWE locker room. I'd pick Kimbo in a fight against most, with a few obvious exceptions. That has nothing to do with his viability as a WWE superstar.

Kimbo Slice was a BUM FIGHTER! He was not fighting guys like Mr. T, but Ned the Wino. Come on, guys. He was puffed up to be far better than what he really was. Hell, with the mentality that Kelly Perdew and the boys at EliteXC had, I could have videotaped myself beating up the homeless on a nightly basis, and I probably would have been puffed up to be a man killer like they puffed up Kimbo Slice. As for the WWE: He would have been a project with a capital "P". It is one thing to fight derelicts and winos. It is far different animal to perform scripted moves with men who can, and will, strike back. Bill Demott and Tom Pritchard would have probably bounced him from Deep South.

Kimbo Slice has been, and will remain, a "Bum Fighter": He'll dominate only those whose breath smells like Jack, and their body odor smells like they have not wiped their ass in a month.

Kimbo Slice is a legendary street fighter, whose street fights were highly downloaded back in the day. He was hugely popular among fight fans back in the day.

You have an EXTREMELY loose definition of the word "legendary".

Kimbo Slice was a BUM FIGHTER! He was not fighting guys like Mr. T, but Ned the Wino. Come on, guys. He was puffed up to be far better than what he really was. Hell, with the mentality that Kelly Perdew and the boys at EliteXC had, I could have videotaped myself beating up the homeless on a nightly basis, and I probably would have been puffed up to be a man killer like they puffed up Kimbo Slice. As for the WWE: He would have been a project with a capital "P". It is one thing to fight derelicts and winos. It is far different animal to perform scripted moves with men who can, and will, strike back. Bill Demott and Tom Pritchard would have probably bounced him from Deep South.

Kimbo Slice has been, and will remain, a "Bum Fighter": He'll dominate only those whose breath smells like Jack, and their body odor smells like they have not wiped their ass in a month.

He was never able to improve his cardio much because of all those years of football that took a toll on his body. I wouldn't call him a "bum" fighter in real life the dude is a legit bad ass. He is a much more deadly guy on the street than with all the rules and regulations of MMA where the fighters are more concerned about getting points than causing harm.
You have an EXTREMELY loose definition of the word "legendary".
He was hyped in UFC as a legendary street fighter.
Yes by street fighter terms he is a legend, you don't see many street fighters becoming world wide names.

Lol at "bum fighter." He was only fighting guys on the street to make a living because he was legit homeless. He wasn't out there fighting trained fighters so to say that they were bums is quite stupid. They weren't meant to be professional. He was just fighting rugged street guys that felt they could take him on in a backyard brawl. You expected to see Kimbo Slice fight Mic Tyson in a backyard brawl or fight Oscar De La Hoya in someone's yard? Stop with the "bum" talk to try to discredit the man's come up. It was his intensity and charisma in the fights along with his look that captivated the fighting world. He then transferred into trained fighting such as MMA and has not done bad for himself for a guy so late in the game. The guy is 1 of the biggest draws in MMA today. You both are the definition of a hater!

I think Kimbo would still do good in WWE if he could get his cardio up so he can actually handle being active in the ring, the last fight I watched him in he looked like he was out of gas which was sad because I like watching him, if WWE took a chance and had him at their centre to train and build up his cardio and work on his in ring he might be some what good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back