What if...a WWF Superstars DVD was released??

SAVE_YOURSELVES_111

Proud to be a Moore-On!
With many "Raw" compilations released, and the recent release of the "Best of Smackdown". I would love to see a "Best of Superstars" DVD released! No, not of the CURRENT Superstars, but of the original show!

I mean, think about it, this was during the golden age of wrestling with Hogan taking off into the stratosphere!

What would you guys want on the DVD??

Here's some of what I'd have!

---Andre turns on Hogan.
---Piper destroyes the Flower Shop.
---Savage crushes Steamboat's larnyx.
---Bam Bam Bigelow debuts after much hype.
---Owen Hart challenged Bret in one on one interview with Vince/Bret's rebuttal one week later.
---Rick Rude hits on Cheryl Roberts.
---Honky Tonk loses vote of confidence.
---Quake squashes Damien.
---Shawn Michaels vs. 1-2-3 Kid (Shortly before WM12).
---Janetty returns and attacks Michaels/Sherri gets hit with mirror.
---Money Inc. beats the Natural Disasters to win back the tag titles.
---Tatanka vs. Ludvig Borga (the streak ends).
---Lex Luger & The Steiners name The Undertaker there mystery partner.
---'Taker scares Kamala week after week.
---Mega Powers confrontation with Liz in the middle!
---Bossman attacks Hogan.
---Piper takes over the Brother Love show.
---The Rockers debut.
---Hogan/Flair: Funeral Parlor.
---Austin brutalizes Pillman.
---Bret/Yoko contract signing.
---Warrior/Savage contract signing.
---Warrior's introdouced as WWF Champion.
---The debut of Papa Shango (hahaha...sentimental fav).
---Ken Patera beats up Heenan.
---Earthquake reel of destruction, including the attack on Hogan.
---Jake attacks the Undertaker.
---Demolition wins titles back for the Busters.
---The Hart Foundation beat the Bulldogs for the first tag titles.

PLUS:
Many memorable debuts and squashes!
Vignettes of debuting superstars!

The concept is pretty cool. However, I think you would have to include a few shows from the current WWE Superstars show with the DVD if it were to be done. There have been a few quality matches on Superstars that I think could merit a DVD appearance, especially in the first few months of the show.

I remember a few Superstars shows from the early to mid 90's. So, let me suggest a few additions for the DVD:

- Diesel vs. Razor Ramon- Superstars 1994
- 20 Man Over The Top Rope Battle Royal (after Royal Rumble 1995)
- Jake Roberts unleashes the cobra on Savage's arm
- Bob Backlund snaps after losing to Bret Hart.

How about the debut of Cain the Undertaker
Razor Ramon versus a Jobber Jeff Hardy
Outlaw Ron Bass cuts Brutus with the Spur
Barry Horowitz gets a win

I would absolutely love this to be a real DVD set. And kudos on some of your choices, they really brought me back. Let me add just a few:

Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (Tag team era): Rocker Shawn had a great 7 minute match with Hart Foundation Bret. You can find this on youtube, and man was it a taste of things to come. Even then it was obvious that this was something special.

Mr Perfect wins the IC title tourny post WMVI: This should have been on the Mr. Perfect DVD...but its not (not in its entirety any way). Show all the matches, they could only be 10 minutes each.

Undertaker builds Yokozuna's Casket: Paul Bearer does the interview (which I loathe) in the background taker saws, and hammers Yoko's giant casket. This was actually creepy as taker doesn't say a word until the very last vignette. The looming threat of what he was doing/creating without speaking was better than any stupid redundant "R.I.P. interview."

Henry Godwinn (Don't Judge ME) slops Psycho Sid (Don't Judge ME): I hated the GodWinn's but Sid's reaction is fucking priceless. I've never seen Sid so mad, hillarious.

Also A few Piper's Pit's and Heartbreak Hotel's would be amazing.

I'm pretty sure if this was to be done they would need to also show the debuts of current superstars who are still around. Off the top of my head I know that HHH debut on there but im not sure who else did that is still around. I think this idea can then also be adapted to be a sunday night heat dvd, which i think would probably have some decent stuff especially on the pre ppv episodes

There is a site like ebay called Ioffer.com. People actually sell entire runs and seasons of shows like WWF superstars and there not that expensive. They also have custom discs like Bret Hart and all his matches in WWF. I haven't bought any myself yet but the reviews seem very good. I think they are tape collectors who copy them from tapes. I don't know of the legality of it all. I don't know why WWE doesn't do something like that sell the entire original WWE superstars run or SNME not just the best of. The superstars could be split into years like anthology, i'm sure there would be a market for it.

I'd pre-order this dvd in a heartbeat! Superstars was my saturday morning staple as a kid. Bulldogs getting ambushed and screwed by The Hart Foundation and a crooked Danny Davis out of their ONLY tag title was Heartbreaking as a kid. or Orndorf's turn on Hogan after a tag match. HBK superkicking Janetty thru the window. Hogan telling The Million Dollar MAn "HELLL NOOOO" to his offer to buy the WWF title. And what HAS to be on there is Pipers ONLY superstars 1 on 1 match vs Quickdraw Rick McGraw who died days following that match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back