What does Big Show do tonight?

LSN80

King Of The Ring
In terms of involvement in the 'Best For Business'/ 'McMahon power trip' storyline, Big Show has been front and center. Outside of Daniel Bryan himself, Show has been the top babyface involved, including two weeks in a row where he's been apart of the main event segment on Raw. What have we seen from Big Show? Mostly, a revelation that he's broke, and being made to do HHH and Stephanie's bidding, however reluctantly.

But upon refusing to knock out Daniel Bryan on Raw, he inadvertantly defied HHH. As a result, he was suspended without pay Friday night, and was on the receiving hands of a Shield beatdown before he could leave the building. Originally scheduled to team with Mark Henry to face the Shield for the Tag Team Championships, it feels like Show was written into this angle last minute as a result of Henry's injury. How so? They've essentially negated his 'IronClad Contract' with the explanation of "HHH is the COO, he can void it." Personally, I thought the idea of an IronClad contract meant the opposite: Big Show could do what he wanted without fear of is contract being terminated.

As of now, Big Show isn't booked on the card heading into the show. But it would be foolish to think he won't be involved somehow. The only question isn't "Will he be used?", but rather "How will he be used?"

My biggest fear for this angle is that, like last year at Over The Limit, Big Show will voluntarily side with the heel authority figures, turning heel once again himself. That's the easy way out in this angle, one where Show becomes a 'reluctant enforcer' for the HHH regime. But nobody wins in that scenario. Bryan doesn't, because he faces insurmountable odds. Orton doesn't, because for the 'face of the company' it's yet another face he's forced to share the spotlight with. The Shield don't, as it renders their owns roles as HHH's enforcers far less meaningful.

So, how can Big Show's part of the angle work so everyone benefits? Is there a way to salvage Show's 'Ironclad Contract' so he's no longer emasculated? At the same time, can that be done without keeping him front and center, so that Bryan and Orton remain the focal points? Or is everyone 'protected' if Big Show breaks up the match with an attack on Orton, Bryan, or both?

How would you book Big Show tonight, and going forward?

What I could see happen, and I really in a way hope it does because the way this angle is going I would like for it to continue (Not in the way that Bryan just gets layed out each night though)

I can see the ref getting knocked out in some random way that makes him incapable of getting up for around 3-4 minutes as it usually is with refs. The Shield come down to beat on Bryan, Triple H and or Stephanie comes out and call for another ref after.... that ref runs down and Orton pins Bryan. Bryan kicks out and somehow that ref ends up getting knocked out. Show comes out and starts to clean house and goes for the KO punch on Orton but Orton ducks it and he clocks Bryan in the face. Orton RKO's Show and then pins Bryan as the first ref comes to and counts the 3.

I see one of two things happening:
1- Big show is told to KO Bryan, but instead kos Randy or Hunter
Afterwards sHow is either fired or becomes some sort of lacky/butler to the Corporation.
2- Big show interferes in the match and screws Daniel.
This is more likely. Tomorrow might show says he was forced to, or risk losing his job and his pay, and he would have nothing [bull shit it was o ly a few months ago we saw show had a 5star hotel room and a big boy motorhome] so he has to work for the corporation. Either way Daniel Bryan wo t win tonite.

My biggest fear for this angle is that, like last year at Over The Limit, Big Show will voluntarily side with the heel authority figures, turning heel once again himself.

I have a feeling this is where the angle is going, unfortunately.

Everything is so eerily similar to Show's storyline with Johnny Ace a year ago. He's being forced into humiliation, sobs during many segments, but in the end, he'll side with the bad guys, because a. he'll use Bryan not sticking up for him as a reason for the turn, or b. Show could use Triple H and Stephanie deciding to reenforce or restructure the iron clad contract, so it doesn't have any loop holes, but only with the promise of Show joining the new Corporate Alliance.

Either way, I think we'll see Show turn heel tonight. WWE can only keep up with Show being conflicted and torn between doing the right thing to help Bryan, and needing to provide for his family stuff for so long. After a while, the constant segments/promos with Show horribly overacting with his sobbing, and being torn in the middle will become tiresome.

Fact of the matter is, Show must pick a side at some point. Either he grows a pair, and says to hell with it, I'm standing by Daniel Bryan, and I'll endure whatever Stephanie and Triple H throw at me. Or, Show joins the bad guys, but they can't stay on this path of a conflicted Big Show forever.

I do not want to see a Big Show heel turn. He's been a face for like a month. They should keep him as a rebel and knock randy out

I'd like to see him refuse to help Orton and HHH fires him. All this going on distracts Bryan, Orton hits an RKO and gets the pin. Write Big Show off tv while HHH informs DB NOC or Battleground??? was/is his last chance at Orton. He looses/gets screwed and his only way back into the title picture is a DB 5 v HHH 5. Bryan brings Show in on his team with a new contract at stake. Have Show help or double cross?? I'm undecided about that...

I see Big Show screwing Bryan, and as the crowd boo's the Big Show, he will be met at the top of the ramp by Triple H and Stephanie who hand him a briefcase full of cash and say "You never have to work for us again"

There are plenty of options... a newly booked match against someone like Ryback or indeed a close friend (Kofi, The Miz) Maybe, he turns heel (again) and costs Bryan the match. It wouldn't be my preferred choice but it would allow the WWE title feud to go a little longer and stop Show crying.

The way I personally see it is The Big Show sitting at ringside for the main-event and having to watch as HHH or The Shield interfere. They could alter that to have him stop one of them but they ultimately help Orton to win and he gets fired. NoC could end with either Big Show turning heel or The Shield and Orton laying out Bryan/Show.

I hope to God that Big Show does not turn heel. It'll look like an exact replica to what he did at Over the Limit 2012 with John Laurinitis. Big Show's been a roll lately, he's a great face and it needs to stay that way. I'd rather Big Show just stay out of the match than get involved and side with the McMahon power trip.

But..

If Big Show HAS to get involved, than I'd rather him inadvertently hit Daniel Bryan with a WMD after trying to do the move to Orton. Orton then takes him out and steals the pin.

I can see Big Show knocking out Orton for Bryan to win the belt and either after the match or tomorrow night on Raw, Triple H revokes the decision due to interference and awards the belt back to Randy Orton which would make the fued work right into Battleground in some Tag Team Main Event followed by a Hell In A Cell match between Orton and Bryan at the Cell pay per view.

I'd say that Big Show will either be forced to play a hand in helping Randy Orton retain the WWE Championship or he'll do it willingly.

I could see Big Show turning heel, maybe somewhat reluctantly, but a heel all the same. One scenario in my head is Triple H ordering Big Show to be at ringside to watch what happens. At some point during the Orton vs. Bryan match, the referee could get knocked down or The Shield could attempt to interfere with Orton in the Yes Lock, something along those lines. Bryan is able to successfully fend The Shield off for long enough, slips out of an RKO attempt and winds up hitting Orton with the big running knee. Orton is laid out & Bryan has him beaten again, only The Shield members are on the floor temporarily stunned by Bryan's attack and nobody is left to save Orton. The story could be that Big Show decides to take the initiative, grab the bull by the horns so to speak, and crawls under the bottom rope and knocks Bryan out with the WMD. He drapes Orton over him, grabs the ref & shakes him awake and Orton is able to retain the title.

I could also an almost identical situation happening with the only difference being that Bryan wins the match via DQ after Show comes in and makes the save. Orton's won several competitive matches on TV since becoming champion, so losing to Bryan won't do him any harm. If anything, even a DQ win for Bryan, especially after having Orton beaten, could retain sympathy for Bryan while still putting heat on the heels.

Show could come out tomorrow night and explain why he took it upon himself to knock Bryan out. He could state that he's come to realize he's fighting a losing battle as Triple H holds all the cards and has to do what's best for his family. He saw an opportunity to ingratiate himself to the powers that be, so he took it. I can practically hear the "You Sold Out" from the Cleveland crowd for Raw tomorrow night, right now. With Show as someone who "stepped up" to do what's "best for business", he'd be sittin' pretty and could be used as another foil for Bryan.

Show could be forced to interfere by Triple H, revealing that he'd been told that if it looks as though Orton is done and The Shield isn't able to intervene to keep Bryan from winning, that he has to do it or he's fired. It'd be a means of still having Show come off as somewhat sympathetic since he's almost a reluctant enforcer for Triple H. In such a role, Show could be used for purposes of doing some dirty work. For instance, Bryan will almost certainly have to earn another WWE Championship shot at Orton and the stipulation is that Bryan will get his shot if he's able to beat Show, possibly even in a no disqualification kind of setting. Show doesn't want to but, again, what choice has he got? Bryan is able to get the win and all the while, the seeds of discontent could be kept a major part of Show's interaction with the regime, with his frustration growing until the right opportunity comes along for Show to turn on them.

There are several distinct possibilities for Big Show, but I think the strongest is that he'll play a major part in Orton retaining the title tonight. It'll be a pretty big surprise if Bryan regains the title from Randy Orton tonight. After all, it's just not what most people are expecting or think will happen. I think the odds are EXTREMELY against it, though it would be an interesting twist on what I think looks to be a predictable, albeit solid, ppv line up.

I'd have to go along with those who say that the most likely sequence of events, if Show is involved at all, is that he will screw Daniel Bryan either on purpose or by accident. Reluctant or willing, it will end up with Bryan being screwed and Orton walking out as champion. It's pretty sound WWE logic. I'm leaning towards Show being reluctant, but purposeful in his actions. He'll be coerced through his job-insecurity and through pressure from the top.

That being said, I know what I'd like to see. What I'd personally enjoy seeing is Big Show, frustrated and stressed from constantly being pulled in either direction, finally has a huge explosive rage-fest, knocking out both Orton and Bryan and then tearing after Triple H, managing to catch and chokeslam or KO punch him before The Shield or simply a huge group of heels from the locker room (loyal to the corporation) manage to get him under control. Maybe have him come out the following Monday for what he thinks will be a farewell speech ending in another wave of destruction on the way out, leading of course to a comeback of some kind.

Still, I doubt this would happen, as much fun as it is to think it. So, I'll go with Show becoming a reluctant bruiser for the corporation.

I hope Big Show turns bad....I cant stand him as a blubbering fat face!!!!

I hope he destroys Bryan and joins the corporation. Big Show is smart, he knows what is best for business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back