Is Big Show Becoming A Willing Enforcer Of The Triple H-McMahon Regime?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Over the past several weeks, we've seen Big Show "forced" into uncomfortable situations in which he's been forced to assault various people. Stephanie McMahon has used Big Show's "financial" situation, due to him being "broke", to leverage him as a reluctant enforcer who has to do as he's told or be fired. We've seen great reluctance and the shedding of tears when Show has been "forced" to knock out Daniel Bryan and Dusty Rhodes. Last night on the Miz TV segment, Show definitely sold reluctance but only a fraction of what we've seen. There was little hesitation in Show as he knocked out The Miz on Stephanie's orders before leaving.

I'm wondering if this means Show will embrace his new role and his reluctance to comply will dwindle more and more with each television appearance. He's over a barrel as far as the storyline goes and the direction could result in an "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality on his part in which he decides to do his "job" to the best of his ability. It's all but written in the stars that Bryan ultimately comes out of his feud with Orton as WWE Champion, so Big Show would be a genuinely daunting challenger for Bryan. Even though Big Show isn't the "face" that Triple H & Stephanie would want for WWE, they could see him as a tool designed to get the title from Bryan until they're able to "pick" who they feel does present the "image" they want.

Yeah I think you might be right, I could see Show being reluctantly forced into replacing The Shield for the Corporation as their enforcer.

I think Show might end up screwing Bryan at Battleground, only for Bryan to finally win the title at HIAC, and then feud with Show up to the Rumble.

No.

The Shield are PERFECT enforcers for the McMahon-Triple H regime. Big Show changed face more than anyone else in the company. Keep him face for a little while longer. The crowd is behind Show and WANT him to not go with what Trips and Steph are saying. They are also VERY vocal when he reluctantly goes along with what they are telling him to do. Eventually, Show will fight back, and his consequence will be getting destroyed by The Shield. It'll happen for several weeks until someone comes to Show's aid. Probably Daniel Bryan.

I don't know that he's become a willing enforcer to be honest. I think the deal last night was that they can only have him cry so much, so you go to the other extreme of getting it over with quick and walk off.

I can see reasons for him to finally snap and punch out HHH or Vince, as well as going heel and costing Bryan. I think the one night reaction of knocking out an authority would be a pretty cool angle. However, in the long run he's more viable as a heel so would expect him to cost Bryan at Battleground because surely they can't have Bryan win the title 3 ppv's in a row only to screw him over again.

Klinz as for the Shield / Show dynamic that facet of the storyline was all over the place last night. It doesn't make a lick of sense how HHH as a character treated the the Shield as characters. I think it's something that will probably be developed on the smackdown tapings tonight since those shows seem more angle heavy recently

It could very well be that Big Show knocked out Miz with no shown remorse for the simple reason that he is (in storyline) sick of being questioned about his actions. I wouldn't look too much into this, and I think it'd be a big mistake to insert Big Show as a challenger for Daniel Bryan. His character has been taken down so much that "the monster" is gone.

Initially it seemed that this would be the result of Big Show being "broke". Triple H and Steph would just hire him as their bodyguard and he would eventually turn heel. I am personally sick of The Big Show and the thought of another full heel turn makes ME want to break down into tears.

I'm fine if he gets less reluctant to knock people out and then someone saves him from his troubles. Just any big-name face that could bring him back from that side but I fear we are going to see him turn heel and start to actively hurt the rebels. Now, I do think that HHH's side needs more bodies and The Shield look outnumbered but there are about a dozen names better suited than The Big Show.

I'm pretty certain that it would be anyone's normal impulse to punch Miz in the face if they were that close to him. Throw in a beautiful woman asking for you to do it and that stupid jacket Miz was wearing yesterday and how could you not punch him? I almost punched the old Asian lady sitting next to me on the train just thinking about Miz.

Show is still a wild card but it seems like he has just given up and accepted his fate as Steph's lackey. I like it. I like it more than the HBK/JBL storyline. I see Show as a broken man who is going to do what he is told and either snap back in the other direction or embrace his fate and just go full heel (personality change 1,685 for Show in his career).

Big Show has probably developed a "just do it" attitude. I figure if I was in his situation, after being told to do something the umpteenth time, I would stop caring so much and just go through the motions.

I don't see this as really being willing to do what he's told. I just see it as a natural response to do it since the bitch is going to ask him to do it anyways. Might as well get it over with.

I don't know, that idea never crossed my mind. We'll see in the future but I doubt it. Miz was starting to insult Big Show anyway. Miz just has an annoying presence about him and I don't think anyone would really mind punching him in the face. If it was a legend or somebody more important I think Show would've had a hard time again.

I think it's just a one off thing.

I don't care if he's a face, tweener, or whatever, The Miz still embodies the persona of an annoying and unlikeable twat. I was waiting for Big Show to punch The Miz, because he was being a douchey and antagonistic asshole, who was trying to push Show's buttons.

As far as picking a side and loyalties go, I still believe Show is on the fence. He's going to play this broken man, who's conflicted between doing the right thing, and taking care of his family, until someone or a certain event pushes him over the edge to stand with Steph and Triple H, or Bryan and others. At some point, Show has to pick a side, because WWE can't stretch out this conflicted man stuff forever. Something's gotta give one way or the other.

Show just turned face, so I hope he isn't going back heel already. However, with how confusing this storyline has become, who knows?

He did give off the impression that he's starting to give in, so to speak. However, I'm starting to feel like he's going to be on a HHH/Stephanie Survivor Series team and finally get them back by screwing over their team.

Last night on the Miz TV segment, Show definitely sold reluctance but only a fraction of what we've seen.

That's for sure. In fact, as soon as the order was given, he swung on Miz, which is a marked departure from how he approached Daniel and Dusty. I agree that as time passes, Show is cooperating with the inevitable and simply doing what he's ultimately going to be forced into, anyway.

Too bad, in some ways. After his last incarnation as an angry malcontent, I was enjoying Show's all-too-brief tenure as a happy giant. This is a man who can play it either way.....good or bad.....with equal proficiency.

Still, with Cena and Sheamus out, I figure the company needed a few faces to round out the roster, and Big Show seemed able to carry the ball for awhile.....but I also like this "reluctant enforcer" role he's handling now.

i am not a fan of the story because despite of what WWE tried to do, it doesnt make sense. he has or had an ironclad contract and when he was a heel he would do nothing with regret because he cant be fired or he gets paid heavily, but now, that contract can be terminated without pay?? odd, i understand making him work a match, that's ok with me, but having to punch people for no reason doesnt because Long tried to control him as a heel and would usually fail because of that contract....

but that out of the way, if they continue to go with this and eventually turn Show heel, a good idea would be for Mark Henry to return and go against Big Show

It's because it was the Miz.

Big Show and Miz had a history of strife and butting heads when they were a tag team and Miz doesn't seem well liked by the WWE locker room, storyline wise. It might be legit angst toward him, too. Either way, I think it was more of Show not caring to knock out Miz as opposed to him becoming more willing to do Stephanie's work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back