What do you think is wrong with NXT currently?

There were two title changes at Takeover and yet there are no new threads made. I think this is pretty telling that interest in NXT has waned.

Do you think this is true? If so, why do you think this is?

For me, storylines were always simple but still interesting. Now nothing really interesting is happening either... Could this be because of that writer going to Smackdown?

Talent... When thinking of great NXT talents in its history, I realise all of them were kinda indie/TNA/Japan-made already. Of course some good "WWE-made talents have come out of the system. I guess now Tye Dillinger would be the closest. But the talent seems a lot blander than before. Is NXT really as good at creating new stars as we think?

Personally I haven't actually watched any weekly NXT's this year, and after watching the Rumble and Takeover I'll be cancelling my Network subscription! Not to say either show was bad... But NXT used to really be must see for me. Perhaps I'm just burnt out on it. What do you all think?

I think it's just a swing of talent leaving for the main roster. I don't usually watch NXT, but I catch the Takeovers because of the hype (which they always live up to). Like for example, there is a HUGE talent level gap right now between Asuka and the rest of the women. That was apparent when they brought Mickie in for the last Takeover. The same is going to be true with Bobby Roode. Seems like Joe will be called up soon, maybe even tonight. So if Nakamura gets a rematch, who will be next? Cassius? There's not really too much top tier talent left. Which, in essence, isn't really a bad thing, as NXT is originally supposed to be a breeding ground for up and coming talent. There will probably be a lull from now til after Wrestlemania and so forth, but I'm sure they'll be some big signings in the future. Maybe guys like Drew Galloway will come back

I think it's just a swing of talent leaving for the main roster.

That's pretty much how I see things. In the grand scheme of things, there are going to be times in which the NXT product doesn't feel as fresh or as good as in years past. This is due to some of the talent from NXT heading to the main roster with those who're making their way up in NXT possibly just not being as good or interesting as those who came before them. NXT is still a lot of fun for me, the show continues to be well produced, the booking remains solid and the TakeOver events deliver quality entertainment.

One thing I'm not crazy about right now is that hot potato title booking looks to have found its way into more prominence in NXT. Joe & Nakamura traded the title between them twice each in 2016 and Nakamura dropped the strap to Bobby Roode after 56 days. We're seeing it, to some degree, with the tag titles as well, though it's not as pronounced. I'm hoping this isn't something that becomes par for the course in NXT now that every TakeOver event takes place as part of the weekend of the original Big Four ppvs of Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series.

Flavor of the month expired. Plus all that worth something are already on main roster like they should be. KO is Champ, Balor was Champ, Zayn is there, all 4 horsewomen are there repeating NXT storylines for Women title. Even Neville is Cruiserweight Champ.

I don't watch NxT weekly anymore as it's basically in a rebuilding mode after the brand split. Because of brand split, NxT's women division has suffered the most for sure.

There isn't anyone near the level of Asuka as of now. The call-ups of Carmella, Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax and Bayley at the same time have hurted the credibility of women division.

The only hopes are from Nikki Cross and Ember Moon. I don't think that Billie Kay and Peyton Royce are anywhere near these three yet.

Apollo Crews should've stayed on NxT as it was too soon for him. Not that he's doing anything noteworthy on Smackdown Live.

It's going to be better soon.

Looking at the WWE roster there are a lot of undercarders who can go down to NXT to help it shine (similar to Kidd in 2014). Guys like Swagger and Goldust could help NXT, but the top 4 guys that should unquestionabley go down there (not that they are bad, they are just lost) are:
Tyler Breeze
Fandango
Apollo Crews
Bo Dallas

Looking at the WWE roster there are a lot of undercarders who can go down to NXT to help it shine (similar to Kidd in 2014). Guys like Swagger and Goldust could help NXT, but the top 4 guys that should unquestionabley go down there (not that they are bad, they are just lost) are:
Tyler Breeze
Fandango

I don't know why these guys aren't a Smackdown featured tag team. Drop the name Breezango and just call them the Fashion Police. These guys are hilarious. And proven to be good workers.

the same thing that's wrong with it every time a bunch of big names get called up to the main roster.

They're in the process of building up new names which is always for a bit boring when you've gotten used to the previous batch of talent. Don't worry though they are doing a good job of building up the new talent like EY, Dillinger and the new women in the division are being groomed and by 'Mania weekend they will be at the top of the pile and everything will be back to normal.

NXT at the end of the day is still WWE's developmental with a couple big names to help sell small arenas.

It's just difficult to follow the period when Balor, Aries, Itami, Joe, Zayn, Nakamura, Bayley were all there at the same time.

However some names from the main roster should get down to NXT. Cesaro did wonders there. Crews obviously needs to return. Maybe even a guy like Ziggler. Get down there, get the spotlight on him, just to shake things up a little bit.

Ziggler vs Nakamura can feel 10 times bigger if it headlines a TakeOver for example rather than being a midcard match at a PPV. Just saying.

As it's already been alluded too the talent drain to fill spots on the main roster after the brand split have done NXT in. They haven't been able unfortunately to fill those vacant spots as much as they would have liked. HHH said himself in a news story the other day, that he himself wasn't happy with NXT as of right now. Injuries to Itami and TM61 haven't helped either.

No doubt they were wanting to pull talent like Omega from NJPW, but that doesn't seem to be happening either. It's a rebuilding process and they will hit bumps in the road. With Joe on the main roster now, it will be some time before Nakamura or Roode can move up. Hopefully they can sign some of the UK talent, or bring others on board in order to bolster the roster, letting some of the bigger names move. Nakamura isn't getting any younger.

I have a feeling that's why we haven't seen the Revival on the main roster yet as well. Maybe when some of the injured players come back, more signing's happen, NXT will be rolling again. Even though it is a feeder system for the main roster, these guys and gals have to be given a chance to develop as well. The last thing we want is another Ascension or Adam Rose.

For me, the main problem as always be the fact that they condition the fans to not think of NXT as a developmental brand. So every couple of months they get these takeover matches with some great in-ring matches featuring the best indy workers in thd world and the rest of the time they get almost nothing because they have to give time to the new guys that are there to learn and become better superstar. I'm all for having the nakamura's and bobby roode's type of superstars as part of nxt, but they shouldn't be ghe focus of the brand, they should be their to give the rub to the younger guys and help them out in looking like they belong as a main event program, just like what they should do on the main roster with guys like, cena, orton, aj styles and the part timers. That's how you create new stars and of all peoples HHH should know that but it seem like he's a stubborn as vince on this and would rather sign big name guys then actually try to make some.

It's not new any more. You've seen it and felt it and it either has to change, adapt or die. Plus it's not yours anymore, many of the things and people that you have loved have been elevated to another level and you've lost that ownership you felt. So it is no longer special.

Plus the lack of talent. But really if you look at what people were saying about Takeover: San Antonio, it sounds like they put on a very good to terrific show that just lacked a marquee match or moment that you can focus your opinions on.

I don't know, I don't watch it.

There is nothing "wrong" with NXT. The intention and vision behind NXT is that despite how much we as loyal fans enjoy the product, it is still a developmental brand. Its purpose is creating new stars to send up to Raw or Smackdown. The good thing about this is that it gives us a bit of a revolving door of talent. It is always evolving and changing. The bad thing about this, is that it sometimes causes times where growth is needed. NXT has been in such a season ever since the return of the Brand Extension last summer cost them so many stars. This is a GOOD thing. The main roster needed them more than NXT did. Look at what good that did, especially for Smackdown. They just need to focus on making new stars who will then be prepared for main roster promotions, and then the cycle continues. That "problem" is not going anyway anytime soon, and I have to use that term of "problem" loosely because it truly isn't a problem at all when you think about it.

i think that another problem with NXT is that some guys are staying way too long on the NXT roster which doesn'T help them at all when they finally get the call up. A look at it as the WWEECW syndrome. Right now, these guys and girls are big fish in a small pound and the more they look like superstar on the brand, the more they look like midcard guys by the time they get to the main roster.

Personally, i think guys like nakamura, roode, balor, joe and most of the other indy guys should come in, learn how the wwe style work and move to the main roster within half a year. You don'T over expose them on NXT, they are background guys, that way they don'T have the NXT main event label stuck to them and when they come up to the main roster, it feel like a bigger deal that these guys are in WWE instead of looking like guys that we're stuck in developmental for over a year.

Also if a guy like tye dillinger has been in wwe before getting sign for NXT, don't bring it up on tv because the worst thing you can do for a character is showing how he fail the first time around, as soon as i realise that tye was on the ECW roster before been in NXT, it made me realise how much of a nobody he was and how the guy will fail on the main roster. That not helping the guy at all, in fact it's hurting him.

I think NXT shouldn't be the third brand of WWE, That why ECW failed the last time around and it didn'T help anybody on that roster. It should have remind a developpemental territory instead of a touring brand with big shows every four months.

After the last set of call ups, I honestly thought NXT would die due to lack of star power. However, they've built it back up and that is awesome to see.

One problem I think is that they have so few titles for how many people they have on the roster. I think NXT needs a mid-card title. There are a lot of guys on NXT that don't quite fit in the main event picture but are good enough to get air time and sustain a storyline. However, having a mid-card title gives them experience as a champion and thus, they can jump to the main roster without having had to have been in the NXT title picture. Look at a guy like Apollo Crews for example. If there was say an NXT Intercontinental title and he had held it, he could have had some meaningful feuds in NXT and had a run as a champion then been put right into the midcard picture on the main roster.

The point of NXT is development. Having guys be a midcard champion, even if it's not the main event or main belt, helps them to learn how to be in a feud for a championship, chase the championship, defend it, etc.
Plus, it makes it more interesting to the fans.

i think that another problem with NXT is that some guys are staying way too long on the NXT roster which doesn'T help them at all when they finally get the call up. A look at it as the WWEECW syndrome. Right now, these guys and girls are big fish in a small pound and the more they look like superstar on the brand, the more they look like midcard guys by the time they get to the main roster.

I see the point you are trying to make here, though I do not necessarily agree. They should remain in NXT until the main roster needs them. You don't want the rosters on Raw and Smackdown to get too clogged up. Raw has already reached that point and even some of the Smackdown guys seem lost in the shuffle. They have built NXT up as such a great brand in its own right so even though it truly is still the developmental show in the vision behind it, being in NXT is not a bad thing. If someone is a star in NXT then it makes it all the better when they make it to the main roster. Enzo and Cass for example were in NXT for a really long time (perhaps "too long" by your theory) and it made it better when they got to Raw.

Personally, i think guys like nakamura, roode, balor, joe and most of the other indy guys should come in, learn how the wwe style work and move to the main roster within half a year. You don'T over expose them on NXT, they are background guys, that way they don'T have the NXT main event label stuck to them and when they come up to the main roster, it feel like a bigger deal that these guys are in WWE instead of looking like guys that we're stuck in developmental for over a year.

As I already stated in the above paragraph, they are not getting overexposed. They are better off being stars in NXT until the main roster does need them. Being on the main roster but having nothing to do there at all kind of defeats the purpose. If they are in NXT making a bigger name for themselves then it creates a bigger impact when they get promoted and placed into a role where they will thrive. Plus, there is another side of this same coin. NXT needs top stars too. Say they lost all their top tier talent to main roster promotions just for the sake of moving up those who are "ready". Ok so there goes Roode, Nakamura, Tye, Asuka, Ember Moon, The Revival and DIY. Now you have no contenders for the titles. The rest are still in training. Sure it is developmental, but it helps to have believable champions that are being challenged by believable contenders. Therefore you should keep that in mind too.

Also if a guy like tye dillinger has been in wwe before getting sign for NXT, don't bring it up on tv because the worst thing you can do for a character is showing how he fail the first time around, as soon as i realise that tye was on the ECW roster before been in NXT, it made me realise how much of a nobody he was and how the guy will fail on the main roster. That not helping the guy at all, in fact it's hurting him.

I disagree here too. That helped Tye in the sense that it showed how much he has improved. Back then he sucked and it didn't help that they put no effort into his push. In fact, it was so bad that I genuinely had no idea Tye was that same guy until the promo where it was addressed. Now Tye has a cool gimmick that will help him out a great deal. It also shows how the NXT system is lightyears ahead of what WWE tried to turn the ECW brand into. Never in their wildest dreams (or for us as fans) could they have thought it would grow something as big and popular as it has. That promo showed not only how Tye has improved but how WWE's training process has improved. I liked it.

I think NXT shouldn't be the third brand of WWE, That why ECW failed the last time around and it didn'T help anybody on that roster. It should have remind a developpemental territory instead of a touring brand with big shows every four months.

It's not the third brand in the sense that WWE's ECW was. The reason WWE's ECW failed is because they were never going to give it the treatment it deserved. Vince won against WCW and the real ECW so naturally he would want to present his brand as superior to those he defeated. Why would he want to allow brands that weren't his to be seen as a potentially bigger deal? I'm not quite supporting why he and his team did what they did, however I see the reasons for why they may have wanted to go the route they did. WWE's ECW was never going to be successful. It was set up for failure. Then it got more interesting when it got turned into a bit of a training brand without actually being one. The Talent Initiative saw guys like Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger who went on to see decent success, but it also gave us guys who SUCKED like Ricky Ortiz with his rally towels and the infamous Braden Walker. They weren't really given much to work with since it was "the third brand". Imagine a group of friends hanging out. Raw is the guy who has been there from the start. Smackdown is the guy who came shortly after but fit right in. WWE's ECW is the awkward third wheel who came later and wanted to join in on the fun but just never fit in with what the other two were doing. Now we have that same analogy but with NXT instead. NXT is the guy who was a big deal elsewhere but is rumored to be coming soon, and everyone wants to see how he will fit into their group when he comes. Unlike WWE's ECW his joining is anticipated because the few times he does show up to their hangouts (NXT doing the Big 4 weekends with Raw/Smackdown) he makes an impact.

In other words, WWE knows EXACTLY what they are doing with NXT. It is not a "third brand" for the main roster. It is a developmental show that has become its own entity, but still maintains its original vision by being a path to bring talent to Raw or Smackdown.

After the last set of call ups, I honestly thought NXT would die due to lack of star power. However, they've built it back up and that is awesome to see.

I thought the same thing. It is coming along though. So long as either Roode or Nakamura stay for the men and Ember Moon is there to fill the void Asuka will leave, they should be fine. Oddly enough the tag team division is probably the division in the best condition looking forward. The whole point of NXT is to build up stars anyway, so I expect they will recover by August. Have Ember feud with Kay and Royce over the summer to rebuild the women's division. They'll need to build up some more contenders for whoever wins Nakamura VS Roode tonight, other than that I am not concerned. NXT is a brand that I would never be worried about due how good they are at making something good out of simple storylines and training the talent.

One problem I think is that they have so few titles for how many people they have on the roster. I think NXT needs a mid-card title. There are a lot of guys on NXT that don't quite fit in the main event picture but are good enough to get air time and sustain a storyline. However, having a mid-card title gives them experience as a champion and thus, they can jump to the main roster without having had to have been in the NXT title picture. Look at a guy like Apollo Crews for example. If there was say an NXT Intercontinental title and he had held it, he could have had some meaningful feuds in NXT and had a run as a champion then been put right into the midcard picture on the main roster.

The point of NXT is development. Having guys be a midcard champion, even if it's not the main event or main belt, helps them to learn how to be in a feud for a championship, chase the championship, defend it, etc.
Plus, it makes it more interesting to the fans.

I disagree. NXT from a year ago at this time, maybe. Look at NXT right now though. Who would benefit from a midcard title? There are no top male stars at all other than Roode and Nakamura. Do you want to create a title for guys like Andrade Almas or No Way Jose? Sorry but they are not good enough for a title. Even amongst the women you have the top tier in Asuka and Ember then you have Kay and Royce who are improving but still not quite at that level, and then all the rest are nowhere near ready for a title shot. NXT does not need a midcard title or any new titles for that matter. I've liked that the UK Championship has been up for grabs there, though it will need its own show to launch soon. There's no reason to add another title when they need to be building up stars instead.

Something that i just realise after watching NXT last night is how much of a uphill battle these guys in NXT have to overcome when they get called up. I Might have wrote about this before but why not write it again. How can a NXT wrestler especially those that don't have indy experience grow as a performer and create a good heel or babyface persona if the crowd are always cheering for everybody.

I was watching the wolfgang vs peter dunn match last night. Pete dunn is suppose to be the Heel in this match but he got cheered more then the babyface wolfgang. So if they decide someday to called up Peter dunn, how can he adapt to the main roster if all he knows is that even as a heel, he's getting cheered. And that's not just for this guy, it happens to pretty much every heel on the NXT roster, then they get called up to the main roster with a bigger casual fanbase and they get lost because they couldn't feed from the crowd responds during the time they we're on NXT.

While i love the fact that the NXT crowd is a passionate about the product and it's more of a indy crowd then the main roster, i still think that they are doing the wrestler a disservice by allowing the fans to react how they want. That why a lot of those guys have problem adapting to the main roster when they get called up because the training staff aren't teaching them how to get the fans to react the way they want to react and they let the fans do what they want. A great heel is somebody that knows how to make the fans believe he's a heel and get them to boo him even if they don't want to.

Kevin Owens is the perfect exemple of a guy that fans loves but can get them to boo him anyway. That's how good he his. If you compare that to Bobby Roode, who during his whole NXT run was suppose to be a heel yet, he was getting cheered everytime mostly because of the theme song. That's why the made him a babyface on smackdown and seem like they really don't have any plan for him as of now because while really talented and experience, he's just another bland character that came out of the indy factory we call NXT.

Something that i just realise after watching NXT last night is how much of a uphill battle these guys in NXT have to overcome when they get called up. I Might have wrote about this before but why not write it again. How can a NXT wrestler especially those that don't have indy experience grow as a performer and create a good heel or babyface persona if the crowd are always cheering for everybody.

I was watching the wolfgang vs peter dunn match last night. Pete dunn is suppose to be the Heel in this match but he got cheered more then the babyface wolfgang. So if they decide someday to called up Peter dunn, how can he adapt to the main roster if all he knows is that even as a heel, he's getting cheered. And that's not just for this guy, it happens to pretty much every heel on the NXT roster, then they get called up to the main roster with a bigger casual fanbase and they get lost because they couldn't feed from the crowd responds during the time they we're on NXT.

While i love the fact that the NXT crowd is a passionate about the product and it's more of a indy crowd then the main roster, i still think that they are doing the wrestler a disservice by allowing the fans to react how they want. That why a lot of those guys have problem adapting to the main roster when they get called up because the training staff aren't teaching them how to get the fans to react the way they want to react and they let the fans do what they want. A great heel is somebody that knows how to make the fans believe he's a heel and get them to boo him even if they don't want to.

Kevin Owens is the perfect exemple of a guy that fans loves but can get them to boo him anyway. That's how good he his. If you compare that to Bobby Roode, who during his whole NXT run was suppose to be a heel yet, he was getting cheered everytime mostly because of the theme song. That's why the made him a babyface on smackdown and seem like they really don't have any plan for him as of now because while really talented and experience, he's just another bland character that came out of the indy factory we call NXT.

In the modern age, fans are going to cheer and boo for whoever they want, often regardless of whatever direction a company tries to steer a wrestler in. Kevin Owens beat up a 72 year old man Tuesday night on SmackDown Live and many of the fans still cheered him just like they always do. On NXT, Pete Dunne left Wolfgang for dead, metaphorically, after Wolfgang came to his aid when the Undisputed were beating the crap out of him; Dunne ran back to the ring not to help but to retrieve his championship rather than help a guy who helped him. That's a very heelish thing to do, the guy looked like a lowlife but a lot of the fans still cheered him. What's he supposed to do? punt kick a puppy with three legs, one eye and no nuts into the crowd? Hell, even if he did, some would still cheer him. Braun Strowman beats up babyfaces all the time, but he gets cheered by a sizeable portion of the fans, partially because of who he beats up as booing guys like Reigns and Cena and they see it as some sort of bullshit rebellion. In NXT, guys like Roderick Strong and Johnny Gargano partially because they're indie guys, they're guys who some fans feel who earned notoriety before they were part of "the machine"; they're talented wrestlers but the fact that they spent their entire careers on the indie scene gives them a leg up with the number of modern fans who let dirt sheet writers tell them what they should think is good instead of forming their own opinion: indie scene is good, big corporate machine is bad.

As I said in a post in the thread suggesting that Strowman be turned face, being labeled a babyface or a heel is pretty much irrelevant in this day and age. Kayfabe is essentially dead and there's no way around it, there hasn't been much of a way around it for the better part of two decades; it's been in a coma on life support due to the internet but what really came along and pulled the plug is social media. People can now not only find out the ins and out afforded them by peeking behind the curtain via the internet, they can now do it anywhere at anytime thanks to phones and tablets.

What wrestling companies have to worry about more is when someone doesn't get much of a response at all. If the numbers of fans who claim to hate John Cena and/or Roman Reigns were accurate, if the hostility aimed towards them was a legit claim of how unpopular they are, they wouldn't help generate the sort of revenue that they do.

In the modern age, fans are going to cheer and boo for whoever they want, often regardless of whatever direction a company tries to steer a wrestler in. Kevin Owens beat up a 72 year old man Tuesday night on SmackDown Live and many of the fans still cheered him just like they always do. On NXT, Pete Dunne left Wolfgang for dead, metaphorically, after Wolfgang came to his aid when the Undisputed were beating the crap out of him; Dunne ran back to the ring not to help but to retrieve his championship rather than help a guy who helped him. That's a very heelish thing to do, the guy looked like a lowlife but a lot of the fans still cheered him. What's he supposed to do? punt kick a puppy with three legs, one eye and no nuts into the crowd? Hell, even if he did, some would still cheer him. Braun Strowman beats up babyfaces all the time, but he gets cheered by a sizeable portion of the fans, partially because of who he beats up as booing guys like Reigns and Cena and they see it as some sort of bullshit rebellion. In NXT, guys like Roderick Strong and Johnny Gargano partially because they're indie guys, they're guys who some fans feel who earned notoriety before they were part of "the machine"; they're talented wrestlers but the fact that they spent their entire careers on the indie scene gives them a leg up with the number of modern fans who let dirt sheet writers tell them what they should think is good instead of forming their own opinion: indie scene is good, big corporate machine is bad.

As I said in a post in the thread suggesting that Strowman be turned face, being labeled a babyface or a heel is pretty much irrelevant in this day and age. Kayfabe is essentially dead and there's no way around it, there hasn't been much of a way around it for the better part of two decades; it's been in a coma on life support due to the internet but what really came along and pulled the plug is social media. People can now not only find out the ins and out afforded them by peeking behind the curtain via the internet, they can now do it anywhere at anytime thanks to phones and tablets.

What wrestling companies have to worry about more is when someone doesn't get much of a response at all. If the numbers of fans who claim to hate John Cena and/or Roman Reigns were accurate, if the hostility aimed towards them was a legit claim of how unpopular they are, they wouldn't help generate the sort of revenue that they do.

i get your point and i totally agree with it, but at the same time i think that why Wrestling as a whole isn't as popular as it use to be when keyfabe still existed. There nothing wrong about knowing what supposedly is going on backstage because let's face it nobody outside of those who works backstage truly knows what's going on and everything that written in newsletter like the wrestling observer are pure speculation in my opinion. But that's what is slowly killing the business. Because now, everybody knows it's fake and nobody wants to suspend their disbelief anymore. To fans it's just entertainment like pretty much any other tv show and i think it's sad that this is happening to wrestling.

The worst part of all of this is when a little kid goes to a wrestling event and still believe in the heel vs babyface scenario and the cheer for the babyface and boo the heel and then their a jerk that goes to the kid and tell them that they are just acting and in the end their no good guy and bad guy, it's just 2 guy pretending to fight and this happen often.

While i do understand that time are changing and keyfabe is dead. I still miss this. I think the closest thing we get in this day and age to a actual old school heel in the keyfabe sense is baron corbin. That's saying something.

In the end, because of social media and the internet in general, wrestling is pretty a bland product which is sad. The weird thing, like jim cornette said multiple time on his podcast, his that MMA is doing wrestling better then wrestling right now. When you think about it that's sad. i wish that we could all go back to the good old day of keyfabe existed and that stuff and that wrestlers would use social media to advance their characters instead of just being themselves on the social account but that dream is pretty much dead and that sad because trying to know to much about the business take the magic away from the business and that's when the product become stale.

Nothing's wrong. NXT was on fire because of the names it once had. All the great names that had never wrestled in the WWE all in one place. Now all of them are gone and NXT will go back to being a developmental show.

Its future should become the Cruiserweight division and the UK championship. That would keep it hot for 2 more years.

The more I think on it, the more I'm convinced that there isn't really anything "wrong" with NXT aside from the usual nitpicking that we can do. Given the format of the show, the fact that it's only an hour long each week and the fact that it's ultimate goal is to build up talent to head to the main roster, I don't really think anybody can realistically ask for more.

There's all kinds of potential going on all over the place. In the women's division, there's Ember Moon, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Nikki Cross, Ruby Riot and Kairi Sane as the foundation at this point. The division will be bolstered with the likes of Abby Laith, Dakota Kai, Jazzy Gabert and Bianca Belair; plus, I think WWE would be well suited if they tried to sign Candice LeRae, Shayna Bazler and Toni Storm.

As for the tag team picture, you've got SAnitY, the Authors of Pain, Heavy Machinery, reDRagon, TM-61 (who returned to action recently during a dark match at either a very recent house show or the last batch of NXT tapings, a possible tag team consisting of Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch, the Street Profits are on the rise.

As far as the singles and main event pictures go, you've got Drew McIntyre, Roderick Strong, Johnny Gargano, Aleister Black, Andrade Cien Almas, the UK wrestlers like Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Wolfgang & a few others, the Velveteen Dream looks to be coming along slowly & steadily, Lars Sullivan has all the potential of the next great destroyer.

Personally, I think if the Cruiserweight Division was moved to NXT, thereby being placed directly under Triple H's control, it'd be icing on the cake.

The more I think on it, the more I'm convinced that there isn't really anything "wrong" with NXT aside from the usual nitpicking that we can do. Given the format of the show, the fact that it's only an hour long each week and the fact that it's ultimate goal is to build up talent to head to the main roster, I don't really think anybody can realistically ask for more.

There's all kinds of potential going on all over the place. In the women's division, there's Ember Moon, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Nikki Cross, Ruby Riot and Kairi Sane as the foundation at this point. The division will be bolstered with the likes of Abby Laith, Dakota Kai, Jazzy Gabert and Bianca Belair; plus, I think WWE would be well suited if they tried to sign Candice LeRae, Shayna Bazler and Toni Storm.

As for the tag team picture, you've got SAnitY, the Authors of Pain, Heavy Machinery, reDRagon, TM-61 (who returned to action recently during a dark match at either a very recent house show or the last batch of NXT tapings, a possible tag team consisting of Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch, the Street Profits are on the rise.

As far as the singles and main event pictures go, you've got Drew McIntyre, Roderick Strong, Johnny Gargano, Aleister Black, Andrade Cien Almas, the UK wrestlers like Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Wolfgang & a few others, the Velveteen Dream looks to be coming along slowly & steadily, Lars Sullivan has all the potential of the next great destroyer.

Personally, I think if the Cruiserweight Division was moved to NXT, thereby being placed directly under Triple H's control, it'd be icing on the cake.

I think NXT is still pretty great. There is rarely a match without a storyline attached, and NXT has proven that within just an hour each week, it can have 5-6 meaningful storylines going on at the same time. Involving all the belts.

The issue with NXT now, is that it is too big. You've mentioned at least 12 women there to make up a division that might get 1 match every two weeks. That's the issue, it has become popular so the likes of Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, Nakamura, Adam Cole etc who were names outside of WWE, come to WWE to begin their WWE career. It's no longer guys on the rise that you've not really heard of. It's big names joining now, and it's becoming a 3rd brand in it's own right.

I don’t think there’s really anything wrong with nxt right now they’ve just been hit by major blows from all sides and need to recover. The buildup of Drew McIntyre as the face of the brand then losing him that quick is s major loss. Then you lose Asuka. Quite possibly the greatest woman wrestler to come to wwe in a long time, maybe ever. You just can’t replace her. I do like Billy Kay and Peyton Royce they’re really Improving and one of them more then likely will hold the gold. The main event scene is on life support because nxt has gave me no reason whatsoever to care about the current champ. I’m still willing to give him a chance but he has to Really start showing something. Aleister Black Lars Sullivan and Adam Cole will eventually help the main event get better. The tag team division hasn’t lost a step. I think NXT will rebound it will just take a few months.

I don't think their anything wrong really with NXT right now, but i do feel like they are still trying to ride the wave from 2 years ago when they had all these top indy talents on the roster and they forgot that they we're a developmental system first and a touring brand second. It still a good product to watch but they had to go back to what they had before the era of the balor, joe and nakamura and it's hurting the brand a little bit because fans of that brand want to see those top indy stars and while they still have some of them, they're not prominent like they we're back then and you're stuck with guys that you need to build up which is harder when you have fans that want to see stars on that brand.

The other problem bringing guys on the brand that have no business being on that brand to begin with. Drew Mcintyre is one that comes to mind right of the bat. The guy should have been brought back to the main roster as soon as he got sign, he doesn't need to be in the development system and is taking a spot from somebody that need it more and could have benefited from getting a bigger spotlight on them like a Allister Black who's should have been put on the main event level months ago instead of spinning his wheel doing the same thing for what seem like a long time.

If the brand was doing what it was preaching and being the place we're they are producing the future of the WWE, then i wouldn't be a problem but sometimes they put more focus on guys that are in the twilight of their career mostly because they have name recognition then putting the focus on future generation that can grow and become the next breakout star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back