What are they doing with Dibiase?

Isaac Kaye

Professional Overseller
I'm still a bit confused as to why they started to work a new angle between Dibiase and Orton a few days before Bragging Rights, only to completely drop the idea and then have no mention of it.

Dibiase was getting some serious heat in that match where he refused to fight Orton and did a fairly good job of looking hurt. I thought he might be starting to turn face but then they had Legacy come and and give Orton the pinfall in the match against Cena. Although this set the foundations for an Orton Kingston feud I don't think it was very convincing. Why would Orton blame Kingston when he didn't even cause him to get pinned? Surely a better angle would have been Dibiase accidentally landing Orton to build on the Raw match a few days earlier. Kingston could then have feuded with Rhodes. Now it seems that Dibiase is still caught up in Legacy without much direction.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Orton Kofi feud is hotting up nicely, but surely the Orton Diabiase angle could have been taken further and given Dibiase a chance to break from Legacy?! Does anyone agree?

I somewhat agree. I think that Ted will turn face soon. On one of the Monday Night Raw's, they are probably going to have a tag match just like the Cena-Orton vs Legacy, where one partner doesn't help out. Only this time, it will be Kofi-Ted vs Orton and Rhodes. Except maybe once Kofi gets taken out, Randy RKO's Ted out of no where.

I want to see Orton vs. Kingston as a feud going for the rest of the year while Dibiase is slowly built into a face and breaks away from Legacy thus leading to a Orton vs. Dibiase feud going into Wrestlemania. Mainly, because I don't care to ever see Orton vs. Cena or HHH ever again and Kingston and Dibiase are fresh young guns Randy could help put over.

To tell you the truth I don't know what they are doing with him, but I know what they should be doing with him. They are wasting his talent by putting him in Legacey at first it was okay but know they really need to let Cody and Ted build their way up to the main event. This can only happen by them breaking up Legacey which I don't see happening soon.

To tell you the truth I don't know what they are doing with him, but I know what they should be doing with him. They are wasting his talent by putting him in Legacey at first it was okay but know they really need to let Cody and Ted build their way up to the main event. This can only happen by them breaking up Legacey which I don't see happening soon.

As much as I'd like to see Rhodes and DiBiase work their way up to the main event, this would mean splitting up one of the few heel tag teams we have left. I hope WWE builds up some more heel tag teams before breaking up Legacy...

Every one complains that DiBiase and Rhodes are being wasted in Legacy and should be pushed as singles. And everyone complains that the main event scene is old and stale. But did you ever think that by splitting up Legacy you are basically cutting the careers of Ted and Cody short? They are still really young and the sooner they are in the ME the sooner the clock starts to tick on how relevant they are. If they are pushed now in 3 years you will all be complaining that they are stale and want to see new fueds and new stars being made. The longer they are in Legacy, the longer they can stay relevant in the WWE and the better it is for their careers.

I'm fairly sure they are going to turn him face very soon he has the marine 2 coming out soon i believe dec 29th being a wwe production they will sell more copies if he goes face its all bout the cash

Why does everybody thinks Ted should just turn face, all cuz he was in a main event on a PPV one time. Don't worry he will get there soon. Just let his time with legacy grow. He only won the tag team titles, thats it! He hasn't won IC or the U.S belt. Only PPL that skip those titles for the WHC and WWE belts, are Super Heavyweights. Vince would not have that. But when the Rumble comes up I hope hell pulls it off.

They are turning him face- so that his new movie can be promoted better. They are building this up very slowly and each one of these 'segments' with Orton is adding fuel to the fire for a DiBiase face turn. I dont know how exactly it will happen but it will.

That whole tease of a Dibiase face turn a few weeks ago was a test I think, to see what kind of reaction Dibiase would get from the fans. I think that Dibiase will be turned face in the next little while, but right now there really isn't a need to rush it. If what is going to happen is an Orton vs Dibiase match at Mania (could be, who knows), then why turn Dibiase face now, in November. By Mania, this feud will have completely lost steam. The seeds are completely in place now. Have Orton have his feud with Kofi, with Legacy backing him up. They will be involved in a traditional SS match, where either Dibiase and Orton are the final two men left, or Dibiase or Orton inadvertantly gets the other one eliminated (ie chair shot to the head by accident). I think this feud will be sparked in the Royal Rumble. Last year, Legacy handed Orton the match. I will be Orton will expect the same thing this year. But towards the end, Dibiase will eliminate Orton. This will cause Orton to snap, possibly injuring Dibiase for a month. Dibiase then returns as a face at the elimination chamber ppv and costs Orton the title once more, setting the stage for the match between the two. If they are going to turn Dibiase face and have him feud with Orton this is the way that I would do it.

DiBiase is pretty much for sure gonna turn face with The Marine 2 coming out in December. My opinion is have both Rhodes and DiBiase turn on Orton n go back on their own. Keep them as a team still n maybe get the Tag straps n fued with Hart Dynasty so HD can be built as the top heel team. Then Dibiase or Rhodes gets drafted to Smackdown having them break out into singles competitors. Only as midcarders at first though.

He's Orton's henchman. A fast turn would be completely stupid. Build the minor twinges of civil unrest in legacy...this is a good thing people. Ted becoming more and more unhappy with Orton and his tatics is how you build up to the split. One unhappy day and he's a face screams ******ation. Just my opinion...

I don't see DiBiase turnin face at all not for another couple of years if they do turn him face at all. They don't need to make him face at all With the release of The Marine 2 they could have him Face Cena @ TLC in Dec and have it be billed "A Battle Of The Marines". I think people who think (I know it's ur opinion and all) wrestlers need to turn face 4 movie roles r wrong. Did Kane turn face with See No Evil or did Hogan turn face for Shadow Warriors. Or Did any of The WCW roster turn face for Ready To Rumble. 'Hell No'! So DiBiase Should stay heel for the time being. That whole Orton-DiBiase match was a way to blow of some steam that's it. Right Now DiBiase is where he needs to be. taggin w/ Rhodes. He'll eventually get a face turn but i don't think anywhere in the near future that means the next 6 months or so.

Dunno why everyone wants to see DiBiase turn face so much. I always liked Cody more then Ted anyways. I really don't care what they do with Ted right now. I've pretty much lost interest in Legacy, they haven't done anything to impress me at all, their promos aren't that great anymore either. Same old shit in the ring. People need to remove themselves from Legacy and Orton's nuts.

Why does everybody thinks Ted should just turn face, all cuz he was in a main event on a PPV one time. Don't worry he will get there soon. Just let his time with legacy grow. He only won the tag team titles, thats it! He hasn't won IC or the U.S belt. Only PPL that skip those titles for the WHC and WWE belts, are Super Heavyweights. Vince would not have that. But when the Rumble comes up I hope hell pulls it off.

I think he is one of the few up and coming stars who could probably be a better face than a heel - he has the right look.

I think perhaps building up the tension between him and Orton is a good idea. There would be no harm in him feuding with Orton before getting his hands on a midcard title. It might help elevate his status like it did for the Miz against Cena (notice how the commentators at Bragging Rights really made a point of this).

That whole tease of a Dibiase face turn a few weeks ago was a test I think, to see what kind of reaction Dibiase would get from the fans. I think that Dibiase will be turned face in the next little while, but right now there really isn't a need to rush it.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that. I would really like to see them push it on though. Even if they aren't gonna do it now, they should at least keep the momentum going a little while people still remember...

"When" Ted Dibiase Jr Turns Face, And Goes Into A Riverly With Randy, What's Gonna Happen To Legacy? All You Will Have Left Is Cody Rhodes Who Dosent Seem To Fit Into The Riverly With Dibiase And Orton. Legacy Will Be Over Soon If We Like It Or Not. When The Heat Builds Up Between Dibiase And Orton. Where Will Cody Go? And What Will Happen To Dibiase If He Gets Punted By Randy. What Will Happen? Cody Rhodes Is Usless. He Cant Wrestle. So There Is No Point Putting Him Into The Picture.
Hopefully Dibiase Will Turn Face. And Get A Shot At The WWE Title. Or World Heavyweight. He Has What It Takes. Only Time Will Tell.

The whole idea here is to have a slow build. Its actually a good idea because when Ted finally does turn face, not only will it be one of the biggest pops from the crowd in a long time, it will also be a believable rivalry... WWE usually has a tendency to rush into throwing programs together with no viable reason... so this one might just be worth the wait...

i signed up on here just to post on this one.. will post on more stuff too :)

basically the major part of this face turn for dibiase will probably happen at survivor series in my opinion.. or the whole thing could...

basically the way its looking now is that there is gonna be a Raw Survivor Series classic match which one team will be Kofi, MVP, mark henry and 2 other guys vs Legacy and 2 other guys... not sure who is gonna be the faces on the kofi team... but im thinking evan bourne and swagger/miz (i know neither is a face but im not sure who else)... and then legacy will have the other of miz/swagger and probably sheamus... decent 5 on 5.. but i can see dibiase doing a turn here... or atleast a major part of the turn at the ppv during this elimination match

They are doing what they should be doing with Dibiase in my opinion and that is slowly building towards his some what inevitable face turn. I think WWE were just testing the waters with the Ted/Orton match a few weeks back, and by in large they got the crowd reaction they were looking for. The crowd cheered for Dibiase. However, does that mean WWE should have simply dropped the tension within Legacy following this encounter as they seemingly have done? Probably not, if anything they should in the least be dropping subtle little hints every week adding to the tension. Instead they have made Legacy look like they're on the same page again...

To be honest though, I'd rather see a slow build up as opposed to WWE rushing into the Dibiase/Orton feud becuase I'm still not to convinced that Ted (or Rhodes) has accomplished enough on his own to sustain a successful program with Orton. Although, that Ted got cheered during his match with Orton a few weeks back is a good sign that fans will be willing to back him when the face turn comes. Overall, I don't think there's any need to rush this...people will get their much sought after Dibiase/Orton feud soon enough I would imagine.

The whole idea here is to have a slow build. Its actually a good idea because when Ted finally does turn face, not only will it be one of the biggest pops from the crowd in a long time, it will also be a believable rivalry... WWE usually has a tendency to rush into throwing programs together with no viable reason... so this one might just be worth the wait...

I have to agree with that. I think first Ted need some single matches at a PPV. Then give him a match at wrestlemania, it have to be a match that he can truly shine in. It would do him good, He could turn face and have a new journey and could probably headline wrestlemania 27.

This is exactly like what happened with Evolution. A young talent was taken in, brought up by a heel with sufficient experience, the young superstar gets good, the heel gets jealous and decides to teach the young kid a lesson.

That whole tease of a Dibiase face turn a few weeks ago was a test I think, to see what kind of reaction Dibiase would get from the fans. I think that Dibiase will be turned face in the next little while, but right now there really isn't a need to rush it. If what is going to happen is an Orton vs Dibiase match at Mania (could be, who knows), then why turn Dibiase face now, in November. By Mania, this feud will have completely lost steam. The seeds are completely in place now. Have Orton have his feud with Kofi, with Legacy backing him up. They will be involved in a traditional SS match, where either Dibiase and Orton are the final two men left, or Dibiase or Orton inadvertantly gets the other one eliminated (ie chair shot to the head by accident). I think this feud will be sparked in the Royal Rumble. Last year, Legacy handed Orton the match. I will be Orton will expect the same thing this year. But towards the end, Dibiase will eliminate Orton. This will cause Orton to snap, possibly injuring Dibiase for a month. Dibiase then returns as a face at the elimination chamber ppv and costs Orton the title once more, setting the stage for the match between the two. If they are going to turn Dibiase face and have him feud with Orton this is the way that I would do it.

Very well thought out man...I couldn't have dreamt up a better synopsis myself...

Ted will turn face, that's a given. The fans are willing to back him, that's also a given...as evidenced by their reaction in his match with Orton a few weeks back. Ted really did a great job of appearing conflicted in that match, conflicted between standing up for himself and fighting his mentor and leader.

I think Ted has all the tools necessary to become a solid singles competitor. Creative is dropping subtle hints here and there and doing an excellent job of planting the seeds for a feud. I think Ted would be helped more by having a good run as the US Champion. This could breed envy between he and the other members of Legacy, for the fact that he has a belt and they do not. Just that little tweak to the plan, and it would be awesome in my opinion.

Well, lets hope then that Ted DiBiase is given a singles push sooner than later. He is getting to that stage where he has all this potential, but no chance to use it. Im all fopr Orton vs DiBiase, but do not have the title involved. DiBiase is not ready for that responsibility yet, that will come. He certainly should have a singles title run sooner than later, but The Miz is doing great things with the US Title on Raw and ditto Morrison on Smackdown with the IC Title. If DiBiase turns face, that basically ends Legacy, and Rhodes push as well. Why they rushing Kingston into this feud, to inevitably get buried is beyond me, but it gives Orton something to do leading uop to the Rumble. Who can see DiBiase eliminating Orton from the Royal Rumble match??? No surer bet

I just don't get it.

I mean i don't dislike Dibiase.....I just don't like him either.

He is very bland and boring. His look, his mic skills, his matches....everything about him is Generic. The only thing he has going for him is his name.....other then the name i view him as just another Tyler Reks. A guy who has a DECENT look and DECENT skills....but doesn't really grab your attention in any way.

So i don't get all the Dibiase love....what's with it people?

IMO he should stay in the tag team ranks for awhile still and then maybe a US title run and then we'll see if he can even hold his own.

I think Ted is actually very untested at this point, and putting him into any sort of major storyline would probably be career suicide for him. He hasn't had a single singles feud, to put him with Orton now would be throwing him in at the deep end. DiBiase probably will turn face, but it would be better if he did so against Cody first, before becoming a thorn in Orton's side. He will turn face soon, in time for his movie, just like Kennedy did, but I hope they delay the inevitible Orton feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back