What about a Rob Van Dam streak at Wrestlemania?

CM Steel

A REAL American
I just got finished watching the movie "The wrong side of town" on in-demand cable with the movie starring Rob Van Dam featuring Dave Ba(u)tista, and Nelson "Viscera" Frazier Jr. (R.I.P.) It had me thinking about Rob Van Dam's return to the WWE and his record at past Wrestlemania's. And RVD is undefeated at the Wrestlemania's that he did attend on the card. Let's take a look back shall we....

-WM 18: Defeated William Regal for the WWF/E IC championship
-WM 20: Defended the WWE World tag team title's with Booker T in a 4-way tag team match.

-WM 22: Won the Money in the Bank ladder match
-WM 23: Won the 8-man tag man with the ECW originals vs. the New Breed

And Rob Van Dam hasn't been in a Wrestlemania ever since. Hopefully we'll see RVD at a WM sooner than later. But with RVD's record at Wrestlemania being said. Should Rob Van Dam lead to his own streak at Wrestlemania? Edge could have done what the Undertaker has done at Wrestlemania with his winning streak but he finally lose a WM match in 2007 in Money in the Bank, and then losing by submission to the Undertaker himself a year later at Wrestlemania 24.

So in your own opinion. What about a Rob Van Dam streak at Wrestlemania?

There won't be another "streak" for anyone and specially not Rob Van Dam that is getting closer and closer towards the end of the line. However there is someone that WWE has been trying to avoid his loss at the big show of the year, and that someone is The Miz.

Yes, he lost a non-televised dark match some years ago but WWE doesn't acknowledge that and they do indeed talk about how The Miz is yet to be defeated at the show of shows - he even beat Wade Barrett for the Intercontinental Title, only to be defeated less than 24H after. Now The Miz has lost some steam over the course of the year, mostly because WWE doesn't know what to do with them and can't even figure it out if he's a babyface or a heel.

Rob Van Dam being a part-timer would most likely be used in a Chris Jericho's type of role and put younger guys over. He isn't that big of a draw to have a "streak" and having "two" of those would make it sound silly.

No.

First of all, Van Dam is 43 years old and has a four match streak there. Four. That's not so much of a streak as much as it is he's gotten lucky so far. He hasn't won a match at the show in over five years but now it's supposed to mean something? That doesn't work.

Second, as was mentioned, the Streak is already a thing. It's not going to work when you have someone over twenty wins and then someone else with less than a fifty of that. It's not interesting, it's not practical, it's not going to happen.

Nice idea, I love Van Dam but it wont happen. Theres no meaning in it since Van Dam isnt held in such high regard, either in terms of kayfabe or the real life powers that be. His fans, myself included should just be happy with his own mini streak so far and hope he has 1 or 2 good wrestlemania matches to come.

There won't be another "streak" for anyone and specially not Rob Van Dam that is getting closer and closer towards the end of the line. However there is someone that WWE has been trying to avoid his loss at the big show of the year, and that someone is The Miz.

Yes, he lost a non-televised dark match some years ago but WWE doesn't acknowledge that and they do indeed talk about how The Miz is yet to be defeated at the show of shows - he even beat Wade Barrett for the Intercontinental Title, only to be defeated less than 24H after. Now The Miz has lost some steam over the course of the year, mostly because WWE doesn't know what to do with them and can't even figure it out if he's a babyface or a heel.

Rob Van Dam being a part-timer would most likely be used in a Chris Jericho's type of role and put younger guys over. He isn't that big of a draw to have a "streak" and having "two" of those would make it sound silly.

If you aren't gonna count the dark match at WM25, then you can't count the 'dark' match at WM29

Sadly RVD is too old now to ever have it become a big deal. Had RVD went undefeated from Wrestlemania 23 up to now making him 10-0 then it might be another story and something WWE could build on for the next 10 years.

Nice idea, I love Van Dam but it wont happen. Theres no meaning in it since Van Dam isnt held in such high regard, either in terms of kayfabe or the real life powers that be. His fans, myself included should just be happy with his own mini streak so far and hope he has 1 or 2 good wrestlemania matches to come.

Cant really say that, as Undertaker has had his fair share of horrible WM challengers.

Rob Van Dam is also undefeated at Bound For Glory and November To Remember. An RVD streak won't happen, but it's a shame that neither the WWE or TNA have or will do anything with RVD's undefeated streak on the big shows, and a record like that is gonna go unrecognized. Even though it wouldn't have been a huge draw like Taker's streak, I think TNA could have turned RVD's streak into a special attraction for Bound For Glory and made it work. WWE would never mention TNA or Bound For Glory anyway. Obviously people would shit all over it though since it is TNA and they would call it a rip-off of Taker's streak, but it isn't a rip-off when they're promoting RVD being undefeated on every major show he's been on, not just one, and his streak isn't based on numbers like Taker's. Again, I think an RVD streak could've worked when he was in TNA but not now in the WWE.

One streak is enough. Never will be duplicated.

RVD is great but he is no Taker. Any person that goes undefeated at WM will be a coincidence & not by comparison to the actual streak. Why start booking an aging wrestler to attempt to duplicate possibly the only sacred thing left in wrestling? He wont even get close & I doubt anyone ever will.

Technically he is 4-1. At wm 19 him and Kane lost a tag match on Sunday Night Heat. Hopefully nobody counts dark or pre-show matches as part of a person's wm record, but there are people out there that do.

Anyway, no I don't think there should be another streak gimmick for a wrestler. If they do so with RVD, why not with Sable while we're at it. She's 3-0 at wm. If they did that with another wrestler, it would take away from the Undertaker's streak and they should never try to overshadow that. Speaking of Taker, I saw the recent pic of his that was posted online and he looks like he is 65 and is actually only 49. I hope this is his last wrestlemania!

yes pretty sure RVD lost the opening match at Wrestlemania 19, so his strea isnt in existance at all. Pre-show matches count ob their overall records, so this is a moot point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back