what a jerk!......right?

People's Champ

Bleeding Teal
So this is my first thread and I'm hoping its the right area...I was at last nights double raw in san Jose and I gotta say it was very entertaining but that's for another thread and there will be another haha but back on topic..so during the live show they announced that john cena was going to be at a local mall after the two raws at midnight.now I'm not a huge cena fan however I respect his love for the buisness and hard work. My wife love him to so we decided to go see him try to get a picture and what not.

So after the raws we get there and there are separate lines but its not as crazy. So we are waiting getting pretty excited bout seeing him.I haven't met a superstar before so I was pumped. Its now been an hour and a half and cena finally shows up. By this time the lines are long and everyone is going crazy.

Then there is a camera crew that comes out but only records the other line. We are puzzled but not too upset. But then the other line starts going in. We find out that they had wristbands and get in first. We didn't find out til after that its because they bought 12 rounds. And we have to wait til they go in. Then the dagger.

Someone who works for wwe comes out and says John Cena says he can't see all of you so if you don't have a wristband you're not getting in. And if you don't leave the police will force you out". What the hell?

We waited just as long as they did yet because we didn't buy that movie we gotta leave? I asked her why they didn't announce that at the raw so that we didn't have to waste our time or gas.she says that its posted on wwe.com and if we didn't see it too bad. Too bad!?

Ok there were so many families with kids that waited forever and just wana see cena. Not people that would be all over wwe.com. But what bothered the hundreds of us was what about us?

We are all fans who spent money some lots of money-on his stuff. Yet because we didn't buy that move we don't matter? Everyone is in shock. My wife is pissed and says she like the miz now lol. But how can we just be pushed to side?

Hhh stayed after raw and said hi and stuff with everyone who came up to him. But not cena. It was sad to see the kids faces when they found out that they weren't allowed in because of cena.

So what I'm asking is are we right in hating on cena? Is he a jerk? I can't help but feel he really doesn't care about us as much as he leads on

I think it's probably not Cena's fault -- it's probably the PR and advance people who didn't do their jobs properly. You can't fault the guy for saying he could only stay for so long. I'd direct my wrath at the WWE and mall employees who should have informed you about what was going on.

Not his fault. That's him being on a tight schedule due to house shows and being on the road etc. He likely had to be on a bus or a plane or something immediately. I can definitely see where you're coming from though as it is indeed something that could have been far better handled. Really don't think Cena is to blame here though. It wasn't good, but I think his hands were tied on this one.

I think you are both right. I think we just were a lil upset and felt betrayed. But yes it is the pr fault. Its the way she announced it made it seem as if he was the one pushing us away

I have personally met Cena twice when he's been in England. I didnt meet him at any official wwe fuction I just hung around hotel where the wwe were staying so he wasnt obliged to stop but both times he was very considerate and took time to stop for everyone. The very 1st time I met him he actually came looking for the group I was in as when we 1st approached him he couldnt stop but then he came back downstairs to look for us and told us he was free now. Id say its highly unlikely that he chose not to met you as I can say that from personal experiance Cena is a really nice guy who enjoys meeting the fans.

I read a story a while ago about security telling fans Ric Flair wouldnt be doing pictures only for Flair to publicly tell the guy off for speaking for him and then made him take the pictures, Ive also had wwe security tell me to move away from wrestlers only for the wrestler themselves to come over and give me an autograph anyway. I think security get a bit carried away and its not the wrestlers fault.

Reactions: E7
Yeah as much as I don't like John Cena as a wrestler, I can't deny that he is a really nice guy who does care about his fans, as do a lot of superstars. It really wasn't his fault, the same thing happened to me a few years ago when I was in line for Dale Earnhardt Jr., if people didnt buy his dakkar noir cologne, that we wouldnt be able to see him....and that really wasnt a choice for Dale Jr., it was just the stipulation, same for the Cena thing, it was the 'rule' Cena had to go by, had to get the DVD, they don't care how much money you spent on merchandise, its all about MORE money and getting that DVD on the 'top sells' list.

Cena is in now way shape or form a jerk. Whether you love or hate what the guy does in the ring, he is one of the nicest wrestler's/stars/people. He truly loves his fans and the wrestling fans in general. I've heard a ton of stories about how he goes out of his way to meet and greet and spend time with fans. He's also a Wish Ambassador for the Make a Wish foundation. He's a great guy, that unfortunately will be called a jerk a lot because of his PR reps, telling who and how many of his fans he can see at signings. He's a busy man, but he wouldn't purposely shun or ignore his fans.

So sorry for what happened, that does suck, but it wasn't Cena. It's the global greed machine that feeds off of everyone's money and continues to grow and is unstoppable.

I've met Cena 3 times, and he is far and away the nicest wrestler I've ever met (and I've met a LOT). The first time, my dad ran into him in a mall in Seattle at WrestleMania 19 weekend, and mentioned that my brother and I would be sad we didn't see him because we were at a resteraunt already. Cena actually went out of his way to go to the resteraunt to say hi and pose for pictures. Both other times I met him he again he was surrounded by a big crowd, and he went above and beyond to sign as many autographs and be in as many pictures as possible. In no way is it his fault, he's not calling the shots on how long he's there. They're on a schedule and sometimes people get screwed as a result. I'm sorry you didn't get in, it's shitty and sounds like a total SNAFU on WWE's part, but I guarentee Cena had nothing to do with it.

First off let me just say I'm not a Cena hater...and also what I wrote was the feeling of not just me but the hundreds of other disappointed fans..and the sad thing is all you heard was how much they hated cena now and how they weren't guna be his fans..now I'm sure cent wouldn't like to know that...but I know the fact that we don't even make up 1% of his fans and so to wwe it wouldn't matter..but I guess noone has seen this side of things

u cant be mad at cena because i met adam "edge" copeland on the ft. hood base px and i waited for 2 hours to meet him and bought his book and he talked to me while i was there and we joked around and laughed and he commented that he liked my t-shirt it was a flaming superman shield said it was his favorite superhero also. plus he was really friendly and stayed to sign autographs and pictures with everyone til all had left. and the only way was because of a retired soldier who was there with his family let me in as his guest just so i could get an autographed book for my little brother for christmas. what a guy hate having to see him as a heel.

on a side note chuck "the iceman" liddell was a great guy also we met him at hastings in killeen and he waited around for everyone to sign their autographs and take pictures with. really cool person, i have heard that even randy orton is a great guy when he is around fans even though he acts like a cock on tv. but thats my boy! i have honestly heard that the only guy to be a real cock to fans is the rock.........i met him, austin, taker, and triple h in person when i worked at a local golf course and the only person who didnt sign autographs was him

the fact that they announced it on the website was wwe's fault however, it can also be indirectly cena's fault because if he really care's about the fans, he should have said that anyone, whether he/she bought the movie or not, can come in and see him...however, i the fact that he might have been on a tight schedule could have played a role in this

Nah man there is no reason to be mad at Cena for that. Ive met him myself and he is a nice guy, and I cant see him turning people away. Ive had similiar issues with security and such before, so I would direct my anger at them.

Now CM Punk on the other hand is a dick. I went two hours out of my way to meet that fool and he wouldnt so much as look up from the table he was sitting at, let alone speak to anyone there. He refused to take pictures with anyone and would only sign pre-approved stuff, which meant pretty much nothing outside a bunch of pictures you had to buy there. Thats a wrestler bieng a dick...Cena was just unfortunate to have idiots working PR that day.

im sure cena is probably a nice guy outside the ring. i had the opportunity to actually have breakfast with chris jericho during the royal rumble at msg some years back. he used to baby sit a family friend of mine. his dad is ted irvine the hockey player, so i guess my family friends knew his family well.he was pretty awesome as well, and i was able to meet Edge shortly thereafter as well. both my favorite wrestlers.

Cena's actually quite nice. I'll tell you who the jerks are.
Rikishi and Brian Christoper. They were doing some indy show in Florence Al, and were booked to sign FREE autographs at Kmart at 4:30 this was the night before Rikishi debuted on TNA but anyways. They don't get their until 5. And they sit in their rusted ass buick til 6 while people are in Kmart waiting in waiting in line to meet. They finally came in Rikishi wearing his under armour which was gross as hell, and a little boy probably no older then 10 tapped Christoper on the back and Christoper thinking he was the biggest thing since sliced bread turns around and says "don't touch me with your filthy little hands" as soon as he said everyone who heard him walked out. Then Rikishi says " before we begin i'm letting everyone know its 15 for a picture 10 for an autograph" Then people started saying we heard this was free and Rikishi said "well you heard wrong" then more people walked out. A line that was filled with probably about 200 people became about maybe 70 people maybe less. Needless to say, the next night at the show Rikishi and Christoper who were booked as faces were booed more then any of the heels. So Cena a jerk? no. Riksihi and Christoper? yes.

Cena probably knew about the wristbands but didn't know about the fans who were screwed out of seing him. I think they did you favor by turning you around, yeah they wasted your time but at least you saved 20 bucks on that god awful 12 Rounds DVD. The cool thing about a TNA show is that all of Superstars stand in the ring after the match and give people all of the autographs and pictures they want. They even let some people come back stage.

hey man, I was also at the double taping, great event. But now I'm starting ti be happy I didn't go to the autograph signing. I spent all my money at the shirt stands, didn't have money for a dvd. But yeah, it does say it on the site, but many people didn't look on the site. Lillian should have added that if your going to take the time to go to eastridge at midnight, and stay until around 1, that you need to buy the dvd in order to meet him.

U do rip on Cena sometimes with his ring work, but he is one of the nicest guys in the business. I haven't met him, but everyone says good things about the guy. He takes his time to talk to the fans, take pictures with the fans, and sign autographs for the fans. That's why people like him so much. For being respectful, even though he's the hottest shit in wrestling. And very popular out of it.

But I checked on the website, Cena signed autographs for a couple hours yesterday probably, and he had to rush to his hotel, get ready for bed, play with himself (probably) sleep, wake up, take a shower, get to San bruno, CA, and sign autographs for two more hours, from 1 pm to 2pm. I can understand why he was on a schedule. Many people probably showed up for the event. Sorry man, next time he comes back to the bay, we need to but his next movie, haha.

Cena's actually quite nice. I'll tell you who the jerks are.
Rikishi and Brian Christoper. They were doing some indy show in Florence Al, and were booked to sign FREE autographs at Kmart at 4:30 this was the night before Rikishi debuted on TNA but anyways. They don't get their until 5. And they sit in their rusted ass buick til 6 while people are in Kmart waiting in waiting in line to meet. They finally came in Rikishi wearing his under armour which was gross as hell, and a little boy probably no older then 10 tapped Christoper on the back and Christoper thinking he was the biggest thing since sliced bread turns around and says "don't touch me with your filthy little hands" as soon as he said everyone who heard him walked out. Then Rikishi says " before we begin i'm letting everyone know its 15 for a picture 10 for an autograph" Then people started saying we heard this was free and Rikishi said "well you heard wrong" then more people walked out. A line that was filled with probably about 200 people became about maybe 70 people maybe less. Needless to say, the next night at the show Rikishi and Christoper who were booked as faces were booed more then any of the heels. So Cena a jerk? no. Riksihi and Christoper? yes.

Know that feeling, I met Virgil at wrestlefest a couple months back, and pat patterson, bret hart, and RVD (Who couldn't show up) were 20 dollars. Everyone else was 10, Virgil tried to make me pay double. And he got pissed when i walked away. haha.

Know that feeling, I met Virgil at wrestlefest a couple months back, and pat patterson, bret hart, and RVD (Who couldn't show up) were 20 dollars. Everyone else was 10, Virgil tried to make me pay double. And he got pissed when i walked away. haha.

Lol it seems like the ones who never made it, think their the biggest stars to ever compete in the wresting industry. And your lucky I would love to meet Bret Hart or even Pat Patterson, but the only one's i've met were Road Dog, Rkishi, Brian Christopher, and Chris Benoit. And Chris Benoit was the only one that wasn't an asshole which is funny considering he murdered his kid wife and hisself 5 years later

I have also never met Cena, and his is my second favorite wrestler (Behind Triple H and before Batista), But one thing I'm confused about...Why would People look on wwe.com before they went to the autograph signing after the event, expecialy if they told everyone their that Cena was signing autographs? Unless they told everyone prior.

I would like to buy the Dvd sometime, but i mean what? were they giving away wristbands to people who had bought the Dvd that day? considering 98% of the people probably came from Raw and have been there since probably the last 6 hours, why would they have bought the Dvd at that specific mall that day, and shouldn't their be some kind of sign up?

I agree, extreamly bad laziness of their part. And the lady who said they'd call the cops to force them out! I mean how bad was it? It couldn't have been that rowdy.

I hope your experince doesn't stop you from going to any other show or event.

Maybe you'll meet someone better in the WWE, I would personaly rather meet Triple H.

Lol it seems like the ones who never made it, think their the biggest stars to ever compete in the wresting industry. And your lucky I would love to meet Bret Hart or even Pat Patterson, but the only one's i've met were Road Dog, Rkishi, Brian Christopher, and Chris Benoit. And Chris Benoit was the only one that wasn't an asshole which is funny considering he murdered his kid wife and hisself 5 years later

haha, yea that is true. I met scotty 2 hotty at that same event, he was ok, but distant. While Bret was more talkative, and was cool. But it's true, a lot of security are assholes. Security, is not the same as wrestling security. I mean, at an indy event, i saw a kid get kicked out for giving the finger. My friends and I were trying to get autographs from super crazy, and some of them just screamed at us. So guy, don't blame cena, blame the asses who ruin our good time.

Ok well his ring work does need work but I'm not a hater like I think he completely sucks like a lot of people do...but yea you were lucky you didn't go...I don't doubt that it was on the website I just wonder why they think we go there...but yea def we gotta go mayne...nice to see someone from the bay too

Ok well his ring work does need work but I'm not a hater like I think he completely sucks like a lot of people do...but yea you were lucky you didn't go...I don't doubt that it was on the website I just wonder why they think we go there...but yea def we gotta go mayne...nice to see someone from the bay too

Oh, and a little P.S. if you saw the 12 rounds pre-autographed at the show, those were fake. How do I know? two years ago, I bought the marine signed by cena, with an actually signature. those just had a J and a C, lol.

Oh, and a little P.S. if you saw the 12 rounds pre-autographed at the show, those were fake. How do I know? two years ago, I bought the marine signed by cena, with an actually signature. those just had a J and a C, lol.

O yea I saw those..I thought they looked a lil suspect..damn, good thing I didn't get one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back