Weed

I'm sorry i don't see how what i said was stupid and just because you say no offence doesn't make what you say not offensive . I never said you should smoke weed i don't care if you do or don't but i hate when people biasly bash something they have looked into or either try. It's like saying i hate cheese burghers without ever eating one. Personal before i first tried smoking weed i took what i learned from D.A.R.E and what i looked up on my own to make an educated decision. I would hope that everyone would do the same thing before giving something like weed such a bad wrap.

Your post was kinda dumb, just by the fact that you contradict your self in the post, you told people that they shouldn't talk about something with out trying it then turned around and said you don't think everyone should try it, if people don't want to smoke weed that doesn't in away mean they are not allowed to have an opinion, even if their opinion comes across as uninformed, that being said I don't smoke weed and at the same time don't care if other people do, there are far worse things people can do to them selves, and smoking weed does not in anyway make someone an idiot, I know plenty of intelligent people who smoke weed, and what people do to relax is of their own concern

I'm not saying weed causes Brain damage, I don't care enough to go and find out, and my post said nothing about that. My post said quite clearly it's up to someone if they want to smoke it. But see how this post made more sense? When you speak about scientific evidence, instead of saying "smoke weed and gain facts", it makes your post look better, whether I agree with it or not.

And I hardly call giving your opinion on weed in a thread titled weed is preaching.

your kinda ridiculous. you pointed out some flaws in my post and when you did that I wanted to restate my opinion. I wasn't trying to debate you on ur stance on weed because i agree with you. You don't smoke and you don't care if others smoke you're not the one i have the problem with. my problem is with other people that do preach about weed being bad without the knowledge or experience to back up their views.

your kinda ridiculous.

You failed to explain what about my post was ridiculous. Was it the fact I explained why your post was stupid? OR have you decided me as a person is ridiculous? Which is hilarious if true.

my problem is with other people that do preach about weed being bad without the knowledge or experience to back up their views.

Do you honestly believe people need experience of weed to think it's bad? It could very easily be argued those that smoke weed are biased due to the fact they like the side effects such as happiness. So really, the more experience you have of weed the less you know about its possible negative effects? Just a thought.

I think weed is pathetic and I think people who smoke weed are also pathetic. Living in Leeds I know absolutely loads of people who smoke it and I really cant see why anybody would bother?

There are arguments that it is better for you than alcohol and tobacco but its still illegal and obviously there is a reason for that. It causes paranoia and makes people more violent than they usually are and why would anybody want to do this to themselves? Its just stupidity, imo.

I think weed is pathetic and I think people who smoke weed are also pathetic.

I think people who say negative things about something when they don't know anything about it is pathetic.

It causes paranoia and makes people more violent than they usually are

Weed does the exact opposite of what you said. How can something that makes you happy and relaxed ake you more violent? Even if someone who had just smoked weed was given a gun and put in a room with a serial killer, they still wouldn't be violent. They would probably try to have some philosophical discussion with him about how violence is bad.

Big Sexy said:
I think people who say negative things about something when they don't know anything about it is pathetic.

How do you know I know nothing about it? Weed is something that can ruin peoples lifes and especially in the cases of people my age. I've been indirectly effected by weed in quite a big way in the past.

Weed does the exact opposite of what you said. How can something that makes you happy and relaxed ake you more violent? Even if someone who had just smoked weed was given a gun and put in a room with a serial killer, they still wouldn't be violent. They would probably try to have some philosophical discussion with him about how violence is bad.

Weed does all of that in the short term but its proven that violence and paranoia are long term effects of weed as shown below.

Marijuana Dangers

* Impaired perception
* Diminished short-term memory
* Loss of concentration and coordination
* Impaired judgement
* Increased risk of accidents
* Loss of motivation
* Diminished inhibitions
* Increased heart rate
* Anxiety, panic attacks, and paranoia
* Hallucinations
* Damage to the respiratory, reproductive, and immune systems
* Increased risk of cancer
* Psychological dependency

Convinced?

You're probably a nice guy, but I don't agree with your decision to smoke drugs.

That's fine. My problem is your condemnation of those who do. I don't agree with voting for democrats, but people still do it.

Caffeine is harmless. Alcohol is a different story, and I'm not pro alcohol either, by the way. People that get drunk every weekend just for the sake of it or because "it's cool" should be ashamed of themselves.

Caffeine increases heart rate, is addictive, unlike pot, and increased heart rate was one fo your reasons to not smoke weed.

You've yet to give me a good reason on why smoking weed is so great. That hungry stuff is a load of crap. It's a pathetic reason to smoke it.

It has been used and prescribed as medicine foe 5,000 years. There is a benefit. And allowing cancer patients to eat after chemo is not a crap reason, as the body needs nutrition to recover. That is not a crap reason, it saves lives.

No, I can't. Because it doesn't accomplish anything great, if your smoking it because you like it.

But it's not harmful THe short term effects you list only apply while one is high. When I'm high, I am having distorted vision while playing video games. No threat to national security there, is there?

Does food and seeing family have dangerous side effects? I think not. And didn't you say that you smoke it because it makes you feel happier? Now you're calling it a lame reason to like something, so now look who's the hypocrite.

I really wasn't saying food or family should be illegal, I was just pointing out that being happy is not a bad thing.

And you have this amazing ability to determine how many people have died from smoking it, do you?

The amazing ability comes from a book called "The Emporer Wears No Clothes". Obviosuly, not the allegorical tale, but there is a book about drugs with that title.

I don't know how to reply to this, because jazz music has nothing to do with the topic we are discussing.

Jazz has everything to do with what we're talking about. Marijuana usage amongst jazz musicians is what led Anslinger to list it as a narcotic. Pot has no long term effects, like other schedule one drugs, however, due to white girls liking black jazz bands, it was declared illegal because it led to immoral behavior. If you think that interracial sex is immoral, then we are debating the wrong topic. The law was passed in order to legislate people's sex lives, not because the drug was harmful. And, as I said, you don't a reason to make something legal, you need a reason to outlaw something in a free society. Last I checked, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness were still promised to us.
And any chemical that causes cancer shouldn't be legal.

So let's close power plants because they release carcinogens into the air. And improper grill cleaning leaves cancer causing agents on the BBQ pit, so let's out law backyard barbecues. We have no business legislating behavior if it poses no danger to society as a whole. The only danger to society as a whole that the government has used to justify the illegality of pot is white girls sucking black dick. Not exactly the government's business, nor is it a danger to society. If someone wants to smoke and get cancer, who are we to stop them? The government overlegislates in so many instances; be they manger scenes, suicide, or pot. You have yet to show me the dangers to society as a whole that stem from pot. The only danger is that drug dealers kill people. If you make it legal, one could argue that there would be a net gain in lives, not a net loss.

So instead of seeing friends or having a good time, you use the illegal aid of weed to relax on weekends. I'm sure there are many other things that can help you to relax. Here are the short term effects of weed:

Pot is a social drug, it brings friends together. Plenty of other things can help me relax. The legal ones include alcohol, whose deadly effects I've mentioned already.
Short-term effects of marijuana include problems with memory and learning, distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch), trouble with thinking and problem solving, loss of motor coordination, increased heart rate, and anxiety.These effects are even greater when other drugs are mixed with weed. A user may also experience dry mouth and throat.

These are all things that occur while one is high, and not going anywhere. And cotton mouth is such a dangerous epidemic, we should probably put pot smokers on death row, because their cotton mouth is going to bring down society.

That's from a proper health website, so it is legitimate. I'd say weed is more harmful than alcohol.

Columbia University says:

One major difference worth noting is that it isn't possible to overdose on marijuana

that, by the way, is how I know no one has died from weed.
, while lots of alcohol in a brief period of time can lead to alcohol poisoning, an emergency medical condition that can be fatal.

They add:
For instance, alcohol is known to contribute to liver disease

Marijuana is used to treat glaucoma and help cancer and AIDS patients heal.

Columbia is smarter than both of us. Face it Rusty, pot has medicinal benefits. Alcohol serves to get you fucked up and give you liver disease. Alcohol is legal why? Pot is illegal why?

You're missing the point here. I'm saying that you obviously think you don't have an "easy" life so you smoke weed to relax.
Thanks for telling me what I think. You obviously think that your opinion is fact based on the way you keep repeating the same nonsense over and over. Furthermore, you must think that your telling people weed is bad because your mom told it was is correct. You must also think that pot smokers are bad because a bunch of them, probably black jazz musicians gang banged your sister in the hood of your car.
Yet, these poor people have absolutely nothing. Meaning, they have it much worse than you, and you still think your life is so bad.

I don't think my life is bad you ignorant fuckass. I think my life is great,and the occasional doobie makes it better. My life is better than your's. you should get high sometime and see how good you feel for a while, and then, poof, it's gone, and the world is normal again. You will not sober up with cancer or a hangover or drive a car into a fence or get into a fight over a girl you never had a chance with anyway.

No, nobody should need to turn any drug to make their lives happier. And once again, caffeine is harmless.

Columbia University disagrees:

[Caffeine...] may cause nervousness, anxiety, irritability, headache, disturbed sleep, and stomach upset or peptic ulcers. In women, excessive caffeine consumption may aggravate the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). With high doses over time, people can become "wired" — hyperactive and sensitive to stimulation in their environment. In a few cases, the disturbance is so severe that a person may misperceive her/his surroundings — a toxic psychosis. So there is a level of caffeine that causes toxicity.

Please, stop preaching to me about things you know nothing about. Stop telling me how bad my life is, because it's not. Are you mad at someone who smoked weed in your past. Alcohol is a far worse bane on society, but it is so easily taxable that the government makes it legal.

If your life is so interesting, why do you need to relax? Can't you do all that other stuff without smoking weed?

My life is interesting. I have a career, I have a relationship, I own my own home, and I have good credit. I have a clean criminal record (except for a couple of minor alcohol offenses when I was a minor), I have savings and a secure future. I can still smoke and be fine. Don't tell me how I feel, or how I think, or how my life is. You don't know me, and judging by your posts in this thread you don't much about this subject either.

So if you like shooting or killing someone, it's fine is it? Weed is illegal, because it does have dangerous side effects. Alcohol isn't illegal yet for some unknown reason, apart from the amount of money the government makes off it.

This is almost English, but I'll show you how you're wrong. Shooting and killing have negative effects on the general public. My sitting in my home eating Doritos doesn't. The fact that I have to buy extra junk food stimulates the economy. Alcohol isn't illegal because it is easily taxed. Remember prohibition from school? Alcohol faced the same scrutiny pot did. The government couldn't stop people from using it, so phohibition was repealed. The end of the prohibition of pot is coming. Every year more and more states decriminalize it. What will your argument be then? I'll tell you. Nothing!! You stand behind the law, acting as if you were some crusader for the public welfare, but you are nothing but a judgmental naive soul who has a problem with some user, not the drug itself.

Then why do you need to relax and why do you need to smoke weed?

I don't need it. I enjoy it. It's something different. I know that you have never smoked because you continually state that people need it. It's not addictive. If someone thins they need it, would be addicted to something else if they didn't have it. that is theperson not the drug. Using addiction to justify prohibition would require that the same logic be used to ban hooch.

I think weed is pathetic and I think people who smoke weed are also pathetic. Living in Leeds I know absolutely loads of people who smoke it and I really cant see why anybody would bother?

There are arguments that it is better for you than alcohol and tobacco but its still illegal and obviously there is a reason for that. It causes paranoia and makes people more violent than they usually are and why would anybody want to do this to themselves? Its just stupidity, imo.

That seems more like an indictment of Leeds than an indictment of pot. Geroge Carlin used pot, and his stances helped change America's appreciation of the first amendment. Eric Clapton smoked grass and made beautiful music that made people's lives better. Barack Obama smoked weed and he is about to be President of the United States. Confucius smoked and his philosophy of the world is still used and still applies today for billions of people.

Now, people who use other drugs, like heroin are the dangers to society. I don't like those drugs either, but they kill people. Pot makes you want a snack.

That's fine. My problem is your condemnation of those who do. I don't agree with voting for democrats, but people still do it.

But voting for democrats isn't illegal. And don't give me that Jazz crap again.

Caffeine increases heart rate, is addictive, unlike pot, and increased heart rate was one fo your reasons to not smoke weed.

That's funny, so if I drink 10 cans of Coke in one day, will I get high? Point proven. Next.

It has been used and prescribed as medicine foe 5,000 years. There is a benefit. And allowing cancer patients to eat after chemo is not a crap reason, as the body needs nutrition to recover. That is not a crap reason, it saves lives.

But my question is: Do YOU need to smoke weed? Have you gone through cancer recently? I never said cancer patients shouldn't smoke it.

But it's not harmful THe short term effects you list only apply while one is high. When I'm high, I am having distorted vision while playing video games. No threat to national security there, is there?

That's not what the credible site said. Oh, so having distorted vision while driving a car and possibly causing an accident which could kill innocent people isn't a threat to national security?

I really wasn't saying food or family should be illegal, I was just pointing out that being happy is not a bad thing.

Yes, but there are millions of other things that make people happy which aren't illegal or harmful to the human body.

The amazing ability comes from a book called "The Emporer Wears No Clothes". Obviosuly, not the allegorical tale, but there is a book about drugs with that title.

And how would the author of this book know exactly how many people have died from smoking weed?

Jazz has everything to do with what we're talking about. Marijuana usage amongst jazz musicians is what led Anslinger to list it as a narcotic. Pot has no long term effects, like other schedule one drugs, however, due to white girls liking black jazz bands, it was declared illegal because it led to immoral behavior. If you think that interracial sex is immoral, then we are debating the wrong topic. The law was passed in order to legislate people's sex lives, not because the drug was harmful. And, as I said, you don't a reason to make something legal, you need a reason to outlaw something in a free society. Last I checked, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness were still promised to us.

Pot can lead to cancer, so I'd call that a long term effect. And, if pot was so great and harmless to everyone, wouldn't it be legal no matter what happened in this Jazz music industry or whatever crap you said about sexing women?

So let's close power plants because they release carcinogens into the air. And improper grill cleaning leaves cancer causing agents on the BBQ pit, so let's out law backyard barbecues. We have no business legislating behavior if it poses no danger to society as a whole. The only danger to society as a whole that the government has used to justify the illegality of pot is white girls sucking black dick. Not exactly the government's business, nor is it a danger to society. If someone wants to smoke and get cancer, who are we to stop them? The government overlegislates in so many instances; be they manger scenes, suicide, or pot. You have yet to show me the dangers to society as a whole that stem from pot. The only danger is that drug dealers kill people. If you make it legal, one could argue that there would be a net gain in lives, not a net loss.

My Dad cooks a BBQ all the time, yet he doesn't have cancer. Why don't we all smoke weed then so we can all live happy and false imaginary lives? And like you said, drug dealers kill people. Isn't that dangerous to society? If a dealer comes up to a lady and she rejects weed, she may get killed for doing absolutely nothing wrong. There's your evidence.

Pot is a social drug, it brings friends together. Plenty of other things can help me relax. The legal ones include alcohol, whose deadly effects I've mentioned already.

The fact that you need to rely on drugs to be relaxed is fairly lame. Try a back massage.

These are all things that occur while one is high, and not going anywhere. And cotton mouth is such a dangerous epidemic, we should probably put pot smokers on death row, because their cotton mouth is going to bring down society.

Picking on the least harmful side effect isn't going to improve your argument. I suppose loss of motor coordination, increased heart rate, and anxiety were too harmful for you to fault.

that, by the way, is how I know no one has died from weed.

They add:

Marijuana is used to treat glaucoma and help cancer and AIDS patients heal.

Columbia is smarter than both of us. Face it Rusty, pot has medicinal benefits. Alcohol serves to get you fucked up and give you liver disease. Alcohol is legal why? Pot is illegal why?

Why don't you try smoking weed for 14 days straight if you can't overdose then? And I said alcohol was bad for the human body, so what are you trying to prove by faulting alcohol? Alcohol is used in many products. Shampoo is an example. Weed is used in what? There's your evidence on why alcohol is legal.

Thanks for telling me what I think. You obviously think that your opinion is fact based on the way you keep repeating the same nonsense over and over. Furthermore, you must think that your telling people weed is bad because your mom told it was is correct. You must also think that pot smokers are bad because a bunch of them, probably black jazz musicians gang banged your sister in the hood of your car.

Lol, are you totally ignorant to the fact that you have repeated that Jazz arugment about 5 times now? I'd say you are the one who keeps repeating arguments. Your other arguments in this quote had nothing to do with my point. I'm telling you based on MY opinion, not my Mum's or sister's opinion. Lame.

I don't think my life is bad you ignorant fuckass. I think my life is great,and the occasional doobie makes it better. My life is better than your's. you should get high sometime and see how good you feel for a while, and then, poof, it's gone, and the world is normal again. You will not sober up with cancer or a hangover or drive a car into a fence or get into a fight over a girl you never had a chance with anyway.

Flaming me in an arugment about a topic that you started obviously tells me that you aren't a very good debator. Yet in the Bar Room, you claimed you "owned me". My life is fine. I live a great life, which is why I don't need drugs to feel happier. I deal with things in a sensible way.

Columbia University disagrees:

Please, stop preaching to me about things you know nothing about. Stop telling me how bad my life is, because it's not. Are you mad at someone who smoked weed in your past. Alcohol is a far worse bane on society, but it is so easily taxable that the government makes it legal.

You are the biggest hypocrite I've met in a long time. Your telling me about things you obviously don't know about, because if you knew a lot about weed, you wouldn't be smoking it. And you also told me that you have a better life than me, implying mine is shit. Stop bringing alcohol into this argument, because I never said I was pro alcohol.

My life is interesting. I have a career, I have a relationship, I own my own home, and I have good credit. I have a clean criminal record (except for a couple of minor alcohol offenses when I was a minor), I have savings and a secure future. I can still smoke and be fine. Don't tell me how I feel, or how I think, or how my life is. You don't know me, and judging by your posts in this thread you don't much about this subject either.

Good, but when you cause an accident on the road after smoking some weed, don't come crying to me. And you have some criminal record while being a minor, so I'm debating weed with a former criminal here. This is hilarious. And you told me that I should smoke weed meaning that you are telling me how to run my life. Hypocrite. And I obviously know more about this subject than what you do, because I'm not the one who's getting flamey and fired up because I'm losing the arugment with my poor points.

This is almost English, but I'll show you how you're wrong. Shooting and killing have negative effects on the general public. My sitting in my home eating Doritos doesn't. The fact that I have to buy extra junk food stimulates the economy. Alcohol isn't illegal because it is easily taxed. Remember prohibition from school? Alcohol faced the same scrutiny pot did. The government couldn't stop people from using it, so phohibition was repealed. The end of the prohibition of pot is coming. Every year more and more states decriminalize it. What will your argument be then? I'll tell you. Nothing!! You stand behind the law, acting as if you were some crusader for the public welfare, but you are nothing but a judgmental naive soul who has a problem with some user, not the drug itself.

Well, if you're stoned and don't know what you're doing, you could pick up a gun and shoot someone, and in the process you are having a negative effect on society. So why don't we all smoke weed so we can eat more junk food and be more obese than what the half of world already is. That's funny, it's illegal every state here in Australia and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Thank you for flaming me once again. It's not my fault you started a thread about an illegal substance that you smoke because you like it and because it makes you hungry. I'd say my argument is better than that nonsense.

I don't need it. I enjoy it. It's something different. I know that you have never smoked because you continually state that people need it. It's not addictive. If someone thins they need it, would be addicted to something else if they didn't have it. that is theperson not the drug. Using addiction to justify prohibition would require that the same logic be used to ban hooch.

I hope you enjoy smoking that crap, just don't persuade others to do it or you will be having a "negative impact on society".

I think weed is pathetic and I think people who smoke weed are also pathetic.

You say this all while having an RVD avatar, which begs teh question do you think RVD is pathetic?, I mean the guy makes it no secret that he smokes weed

Living in Leeds I know absolutely loads of people who smoke it and I really cant see why anybody would bother?

Cause they like it?, I assume that's way people do most recreational shit they do, cause they find enjoyment in it

I have never in my life seen anyone smoke weed than go out and start raising hell, never ever ever, weed does not make people more violent, maybe if it's laced with something else but weed by itself does not make people violent, drink on the other hand can, and that is perfectly legal (assuming you are of drinking age), I've plenty of fights and "incidents" happen due to alcohol being involved than weed

I'm kinda amazed at the number of closed minded people in this thread

I'm pretty sure everyone is educated enough to know the dangers of weed, and why it's pretty much pointless, except in medical cases. We all get taught in school, the dangers of all of the drugs, so people do know what they're talking about.

That probably is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. Different people react differently to smoking weed, while it's meant to calm people down, you can't be sure that others may react differently. If someone who smoked weed was given a gun, they would probably use it not knowing the effects of their actions because they're so fucked up on weed.

Awww god damn I was to late to get in on the debate? Shit well anyways heres my points on weed. I've smoked it in the past, wouldn't pass it up if it was being passed around in a crowd or a party. But really its not weed thats the problem, its the people. People who fuck around with it and go out and drive. I know I cant walk right let alone drive when I'm stoned so its either infront of a tv playing cod or halo for me, or the couch. On the other hand I do know people who smoke and can walk and drive like regular people. But I don't recomend it.

Shit happens, if you don't like weed thats fine with you. But some people do, and thats fine with them. You won't change a smokers preception on weed , so stop trying. Its been around since the fucking 60's. Its apart of american culture, hell a good half of the college population smokes it ever year, or trys it. Its just there to do and as long as its illegal people will do it and try it and sell it. You can't stop it.

Hell in some asian countrys its an auto death penilty if you get caught selling drugs. No matter how much. People still risk life to sell it over there. So what makes you think all this dare shit will put a stop to it. Go on about your day as usual and just let it be. If you don't like people who smoke, look around you? I'm sure a good fourth or more of the people you know have smoked it or still do occasionally. Fuck one of our latest presidents admited he's smoked it before. Weed dosen't make people bad people. There choices while high do.

Big Sexy said:
Actually you are completely wrong. No study has ever proven that weed kills brain cells. I'm sure if you smoked a lot every day then it might, but I don't do that. Also alcohol does kill brain cells so you are 0 for 2.

If you've ever been around a person who uses marijuana you know that most of them arent the brightest people in the world. Marijuana alters your mind and your actions. It bascily makes you act like a dumbass. Alcohol doesnt make you lose brain cells. It makes you act like a dumbass basicly untill you fall asleep. Marijuana can make you a life time dumbass.

That might be true for stupid people, but I have smoked weed for a while now and I still only do it every once in a while.
Marijuana makes you stupid. If you realy want to end up bieng a ****** by the time you're 40 then go ahead and smoke weed.

Damn homie you need to slow your roll. This isn't crack, it's marijuana and most people who smoke it don't end up like that. And I'm not saying you should smoke it if you are trying to get a job, or if you have to work a lot because then it could cause you to lose your job. But if you have some days off it's not that big of a deal to hit a blunt or smoke a bowl.

Marijuana is illegal and it makes you act very stupid. If a potential employer finds out you're smoking weed , he isnt going to hire you. Then you end up jobless and depressed. Then you smoke the more weed so ou wont be depressed. Then before you know it you're addicted. It can spiral out of control that quickly.

If you've ever been around a person who uses marijuana you know that most of them arent the brightest people in the world. Marijuana alters your mind and your actions. It bascily makes you act like a dumbass. Alcohol doesnt make you lose brain cells. It makes you act like a dumbass basicly untill you fall asleep. Marijuana can make you a life time dumbass.

Are you shitting me? Weed makes you stuipd? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA Seriously, you're an idiot. And Alcohol doesn't kill brain cells? God. You're a riot man, seriously.

Pot doesn't kill braincells, smoke does. Just a little fyi. Any smoke will kill your braincells, even campfire smoke.

Marijuana makes you stupid. If you realy want to end up bieng a ****** by the time you're 40 then go ahead and smoke weed.

Honestly, have you even seen an Alcoholic by the age of 40? I mean, we can always throw Barrack Obama up there as the Weed's candidate, and I mean...man doesn't seem too stupid imo.

Marijuana is illegal and it makes you act very stupid. If a potential employer finds out you're smoking weed , he isnt going to hire you. Then you end up jobless and depressed. Then you smoke the more weed so ou wont be depressed. Then before you know it you're addicted. It can spiral out of control that quickly.

CCS, are you really this naive? Or is it an act? I mean seriously. Yes, Weed is illegal but you can get in just as much trouble, if not more, for having alcohol problems at a job. I mean, seriously. Your whole train of thought is just really moronic man...

But voting for democrats isn't illegal. And don't give me that Jazz crap again.

Here we go again. All I said is that weed shouldn't be illegal if alcohol is because alcohol is far worse for you than pot is. Weed, in and of itself, does not give you cancer. It's the chemicals in papers that do. Tobacco does not give you cancer in and of itself, it's the chemicals they put into it. If I hit a bong, then I don't get cancer. If I use a pipe, or a vaporizer, I get no cancer. And the jazz argument isn't crap just because you can't argue against it. My point is that the reason it is illegal is because of racism in the early 20's, not because of the harmful effects, because there are none. If you think loss of motor skills is so bad, then why did you say, in your first post, that you have a problem with all drugs except alcohol and caffeine. You said that. So all my alcohol arguments apply.

[/quote]
That's funny, so if I drink 10 cans of Coke in one day, will I get high? Point proven. Next. [/quote]

No, but the nice lady from Columbia University says that if you rink ten a day for ten years you will get a toxic neurosis. But hey, she teaches at Columbia, you preach garbage in a wrestling forum. So you're probably right. Except that you're not.

But my question is: Do YOU need to smoke weed?

No, but why shouldn't I if I want to? Because your mom told you it was bad? Stop telling me what to do. You're not your mom.
Have you gone through cancer recently? I never said cancer patients shouldn't smoke it.

You said all people who smoke are weak and cowardly. You said that there are no benefits. That is why i bring those points up. I'm just trying to show you how misguided you are and how nonsensical your arguments are. Time and time again you give me false propaganda. Time and time again you say weed is all bad and no good. Now, when I show you benefits, you say, "I never said that." You're like a three year old that got caught lying, except that the three year old eventually apologizes, whereas you just keep spewing garbage out of your mouth.

That's not what the credible site said.
By the way, what credible site was that? DEA.gov?
Oh, so having distorted vision while driving a car and possibly causing an accident which could kill innocent people isn't a threat to national security?

No. But anyway, you said you have a problem with all drugs except caffeine and alcohol. So, alcohol is ok because you might want to use it, but all the similar dangers of pot are bad because you don't? Don't ever call me a hypocrite, I'm not even sure you know what it means. Hypocrite.

Yes, but there are millions of other things that make people happy which aren't illegal or harmful to the human body.

So? What does that have to do with anything? I like to ski, but I love on the beach. I would love to sky dive, but I'm scared of heights. So I toke a little now and then. But I can replace, because making you look bad makes me happier than weed ever did, and this is the third time that I am going to make you look like a naive, lying momma's boy. This is fun.

And how would the author of this book know exactly how many people have died from smoking weed?

Because he sites government study after government stuy. he uses the freedom of information act to access old documents pertaining to Harry J. Anslinger, J. Edgar Hoover, Richard Nixon, C. Everett Koop, etc. You quote your high school DARE officer.

Pot can lead to cancer, so I'd call that a long term effect.
No, it doesn't.
And, if pot was so great and harmless to everyone, wouldn't it be legal no matter what happened in this Jazz music industry or whatever crap you said about sexing women?

No, it wouldn't be. You see, the jazz arguments show that weed was outlawed because of racial reasons, not public safety concerns. So, once it was illegal, it would be the government admitting a mistake when they lifted prohibition. They did that when they legalized alcohol, so another instance would have made the government look bad. So, in order to save, face, pot was never legalized again. Now, Colorado, California, Alaska, and other states have decriminalized small amounts because it isn't harmful. The Texas president of NORML is Mark Stepnoski. He is a multiple time pro bowl center for the cowboys and oilers. For some reason, if pot had all those negative health effects, I would think his hall of fame career wouldn't have happened. I have no problem with your not smoking it. You make whaterver decision you want for yourself, but stop calling people stupid and weak and cowardly because you don't like. It makes you look childish.

My Dad cooks a BBQ all the time, yet he doesn't have cancer.

Because he cleans the grill. All I said was that many every day activities can cause cancer. And you completely ignore what I said about power plants, so you obviously agree with my idea, or else you would hae argued against it. And if someone wants to continue a cancer causing activity, what the fuck business of it is yours to tell them to stop? You keep saying that everything is bad unless you want to do it. You know who else does that? Children.

Why don't we all smoke weed then so we can all live happy and false imaginary lives?
Nothing flase or imaginary about my life. But this fantasy world you live in where you're making good arguments amuses me.

And like you said, drug dealers kill people.

Yeah, the ones selling cocaine. Al Capone used to kill over control of his rum running routes. After prohibition ended, guess what? No more alcohol murders. Crazy how that works, right?
Isn't that dangerous to society?

The information and false propagande you were given is far more dangerous. The restriction of the right to smoke a relatively harmless plant is a far greater danger to society than some kids sitting around eating cheetos. Our rights being taken from us over racial ignorance is a danger to society. Weed is not as harmful as legal alcohol, Weed caused zero deaths last year, but several kids who live too close to power lines died from cancer. More people dies from vending machines falling on them last year then dies from pot. These are facts. You should try to use some.

If a dealer comes up to a lady and she rejects weed, she may get killed for doing absolutely nothing wrong. There's your evidence.

You call that evidence? I call that third grade reasoning. I call that terrible. I bet you were proud of yourself when you came up with this gem.

The fact that you need to rely on drugs to be relaxed is fairly lame. Try a back massage.

I don't rely on them. I enjoy them. There is a difference. Your naivete shines through brightly on this point. POT IS NOT ADDICTIVE. Your DARE officer lied to you. There is no evidence of actual physiological addiction to marijuana. It doesn't happen. And don't call me lame. I call you lame because you don't know how to research or use facts or site your fake sources.

Picking on the least harmful side effect isn't going to improve your argument. I suppose loss of motor coordination, increased heart rate, and anxiety were too harmful for you to fault.

1. I said that loss of motor coordination isn't a big deal if I'm on the couch. I said this several times, but I guess lying is your best recourse when you can't debate. Exercise raises your heart rate, so, ummm, who the fuck cares. And I will deal with my anxiety on my own. The fact that I have nothing to be paranoid about eases my anxiety just fine.

Why don't you try smoking weed for 14 days straight if you can't overdose then?
Did it. I graduated cum laude. AND YOU CAN'T OVERDOSE FROM WEED. This information comes from government studies in the sixties. Please, find an example of who has overdosed on weed. Cite your source, make sure it's real. Do you know how to do these things?
And I said alcohol was bad for the human body, so what are you trying to prove by faulting alcohol?

You said on 12-21
Anyone that smokes weed should be ashamed of themselves. I hate drugs, minus caffeine and alcohol

This is why I fault alcohol. Because you said it was ok, and I am showing that weed is less harmful to the body and to society than alcohol. I am using your argument as a running theme to destroy your credibility. But you do that on your own, BY NOT USING FACTS.
Alcohol is used in many products. Shampoo is an example.

Do you drink shampoo? This is terrible.

[/quote]Weed is used in what?[/quote]

Clothing, rope, paper. The ancient Greeks used hemp rope because it was the most durable material they could find.
There's your evidence on why alcohol is legal.

Umm, no. There's my evidence on how you are in way over your head in this debate.

Lol, are you totally ignorant to the fact that you have repeated that Jazz arugment about 5 times now?
I keep repeating it so maybe you one day understand. It is illegal because of racism.

I'd say you are the one who keeps repeating arguments. Your other arguments in this quote had nothing to do with my point. I'm telling you based on MY opinion, not my Mum's or sister's opinion. Lame.

Wow, you're dense. Dude, All I'm saying is that you are wrong. Wrong about everything. Every argument you have given me is propaganda from elementary coloring books, GI Joe PSA's, and a parent's speech to a child going into high school. And my other arguments, that cite Ivy League schools apply to your argument on 12-21. All drugs are bad except alcohol and caffeine. I show you how alcohol kills you from withdraw, I show how caffeine leads to toxic neurosis. I show you that the drugs you say are ok are more harmful than pot. How do you not understand this? Seriously, I want to know how facts are so hard for you to understand. Who told you that ranting and raving and using bad logic were the ways to win a debate. I'm sure you're smarter than this, as you are able to dress yourself in the morning, but now I doubt that.

Flaming me in an arugment about a topic that you started

I didn't start, but thgere's another lie. I would keep count, but the calculator only goes to 10 to the power of 12, so I wouldn't be able to keep track. Time and again, all you do is lie and propagandize a substance you know nothing about. Do you know why I don't argue rugby with Becca or 18th century French royal bloodlines? Because I would look like you do in this thread.

obviously tells me that you aren't a very good debator.
Laughable.

Yet in the Bar Room, you claimed you "owned me".

Actually, I claimed that here. Another lie. Keep going, this is fun.
My life is fine. I live a great life,
Good for you. I am so glad you have learned how to live with that hate inside of you.
which is why I don't need drugs to feel happier.
Me either, just like them.
I deal with things in a sensible way.

By saying things like if someone walks up to a random stranger on the street and offers her drugs and then kills her when she says no? That is hwo you deal with things sensibly? I don't get high and go to work. I get high and play some video games, fuck, and go to bed. How is weed harming me here? It's not? Good, you agree.

You are the biggest hypocrite I've met in a long time.
We've never actually met./ But stop using words when you don't know what they mean.

Your telling me about things you obviously don't know about, because if you knew a lot about weed, you wouldn't be smoking it.[/quote]

No, I do know about weed, which is why I feel confident smoking it. Like I said, my life is pretty peachy.
And you also told me that you have a better life than me, implying mine is shit.

You are so full of hate. So far you have repeatedly lied, made up sources, called cancer patients cowards, called me and the good lawmakers of Colorado, Alaska, California stupid. Whined and moaned because the cool kids hate you, and made a complete and total fool of yourself. Look, you obviously have to keep arguing, because if you don't respond you look weak, but take the short term hit, because over the long term, you can't hang.

Stop bringing alcohol into this argument, because I never said I was pro alcohol.

Rusty, on 12-21 said:

Anyone that smokes weed should be ashamed of themselves. I hate drugs, minus caffeine and alcohol
Good, but when you cause an accident on the road after smoking some weed, don't come crying to me.
And when your liver shuts down because of your ten cokes a day, don't vomit blood on my shoes.

And you have some criminal record while being a minor, so I'm debating weed with a former criminal here.
I am a danger to society with my two tickets for minor in possession. Don't worry, I did my 8 hours of community service, took my alcohol awareness class, and paid my $300 fine. But way to exaggerate to make another weak, nonsensical point. Your high school should be shut down for allowing you to graduate.

This is hilarious. And you told me that I should smoke weed meaning that you are telling me how to run my life. Hypocrite.
No, see that was sarcasm. But it's cool, you don't know what that is either.

And I obviously know more about this subject than what you do, because I'm not the one who's getting flamey and fired up because I'm losing the arugment with my poor points.
Let's put up a poll and see who is winning. As a matter of fact, let me break this down. I got flamey because I don't respect you. I don't need to talk to yuo like you're an adult because you are a liar. A worthless liar. Time and again you lie. And my poor points are cited, from experts. Your arguments include, a lady will die if she tells a random stranger she doesn't want weed. You said this. My poor points? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Well, if you're stoned and don't know what you're doing, you could pick up a gun and shoot someone, and in the process you are having a negative effect on society.
Ok, being stoned doesn't turn you into someone else. Does anyone think this is logical? Stop quoting stupid public service announcements. Those things are aimed at 8 year olds to instill them with fear. I guess it hit it's mark this time.

So why don't we all smoke weed so we can eat more junk food and be more obese than what the half of world already is.
Once again, why are you so against freedom? Is freedom so bad? If someone wants to get fat from cheetos, who are you to tell them they can't. You think you're looking out for the public welfare, but you a fear mongering little kid. Give it up Rusty, you make no sense.

That's funny, it's illegal every state here in Australia

Well, your toilets spin backwards and it's hit in the winter time. Everything there must be backwards.
and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Good, then don't smoke.

Thank you for flaming me once again. It's not my fault you started a thread
I didn't start it, stop lying.

about an illegal substance that you smoke because you like it and because it makes you hungry. [/quote]

So doing something that doesn't harm others is bad because.....?
I'd say my argument is better than that nonsense.

Which is the biggest piece of nonsense yet.

I hope you enjoy smoking that crap, just don't persuade others to do it or you will be having a "negative impact on society".

I hope you enjoy raping people of their rights and fear mongering, because you, sir, are the biggest threat to society there is. Just like Anslinger, you use unrelated fears like guns and accidents to demonize pot, which you know absolutely nothing about.

If you've ever been around a person who uses marijuana you know that most of them arent the brightest people in the world.

I smoke weed and I currently am attending a University and have a 3.57 GPA.

Alcohol doesnt make you lose brain cells.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
If you realy want to end up bieng a ****** by the time you're 40 then go ahead and smoke weed.

Yes because ******ation is one of the many side-affects of weed. Damn you're stupid. And by the way, in your statement about becoming ******ed you misspelled "really" and "being."

If a potential employer finds out you're smoking weed , he isnt going to hire you.

Which is why I'm not stupid enough to smoke weed when I am looking for a job or when I currently have an important job.

You really need to stop posting in this thread, because everything you post is nonsensical shit. You act like weed is crack and everyone who smokes it is going to become stupid and depressed, but 90% of the time that is not the case. So please, before you embarrass yourself anymore... stop talking.

I just fail to see why people think its big and hard to smoke weed.

Like most rap songs are about smoking it(in my experience of rap, im not saying ALL of songs are about it, but the majority are).

And i can say around 90% of my yeargroup at school smoked it, hell, i even had a dabble! i just fail to see the appeal of it, its not the best buzz in the world, rather have a few beers

See, now that's the point of this thread. You dabbled, didn't like it and moved on. Whereas, someone else feels the need to preach to everyone about how stupid and weak they are.

I just enjoy it with a little music on a weekend with the lady friend. Rusty thinks that means I am going straight to hell.

Whaterver, but thanks for being honest Foley.

Lets look at Weed v Alcohol though for a sec.

Weed
-Cheaper than going out to bars and clubs
-Doesn't damage your body as much, but can make you paranoid/schizophrenic
-Not really sociable

Alcohol
-More sociable(if you go out)
-More expensive
-Damages your body more

While I prefer to go out drinking, theres no way I, or anyone can suggest its somehow better than smoking weed. Both are bad for you, and the fact is if alcohol was a new drug not so widely used, it would easily be a class B drug (on the same par as ecstasy), possibly class A (cocaine). There have also been numerous studies done suggesting alcohol has a greater negative impact on people than weed.

My opinion on Marijuana is that it should in fact become legal. It is almost legalized in Canada, as it is no longer a criminal offense. Smoking marijuana here is the same as driving over the speed limit legally in Canada. The thing is, you are more likely to kill someone or yourself driving over the speed limit then smoking marijuana. The benefits of legal marijuana are incredible. Government regulation of Cannabis can create a money making safe industry that would prevent drug dealers from poisoning people. If government regulated Marijuana, it would be straight marijuana without the additives such as Crystal Meth added in. Governments could then regulate the use of Marijuana preventing people from driving under the influence. Instead of jailing people just for getting high, money can be spent on preventing the use of harder drugs. If alcohol, which is way more dangerous, and tobacco, which is just a mindless poison can become legal, then so should Marijuana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back