Leonard Garcia vs. Mark Hominick
Mike Thomas Brown vs. Cole Province
Chris Horodecki vs. Ed Ratcliff
Chan Sung Jung vs. George Roop
Diego Nunes vs. Tyler Toner
Antonio Banuelos vs. Chad George
Tie Quan Zhang vs. Jason Reinhardt
Nick Pace vs. Demetrious Johnson

This card is STACKED. With the best FW in the world, and in my opinion the most exciting fighter in the world Jose Aldo, a high ranked, and former champion in Miguel Torres, Mike Brown, The Korean Zombie, and Leonard Garcia this card has so much potential, and on paper is one of the best cards I have ever seen.

Aldo is in my opinion easily the most exciting fighter in the world. The guy is just so good in every aspect of MMA. Not to mention he is 24 years old. Aldo is a fucking animal, and I fully expect him to destroy Manny. Don't get me wrong Manny is a good fighter who has looked great at 145, but Aldo is on another planet. Aldo is just better at everything than Manny, and Aldo should destroy him. I cannot wait.

I am a huge fan of Miguel Torres, and I really want to see him win big here. He is probably my favorite BW in MMA, and I think he is a tremendous talent. Really looking forward to seeing him get back on the winning track, and start the climb back to the top of the BW division.

Another fight to watch for is the rematch between Donald Cerrone, and Jaime Varner. Their first fight was great, and I really enjoyed it up until the ending. I hate when fights end like that, and I love that they made this rematch because it was needed. I expect this to be another great fight on this card. I'm a big Donald Cerrone fan, so obviously I am rooting for him, but I just want another good fight from those two.

Anytime you have both the Korean Zombie, and Leonard Garcia on a card you know it's going to have at least two wars. Both fighters just LOVE to throw with no regret. I can't wait to see both of their fights. Both should be absolute wars, and will be well worth your time to watch.

This card is so good on paper, and it's free so there is absolutely no reason not to watch it. Your in for a treat if you do, because rarely does WEC put on a disappointing card, and this card has the potential to be Card if the Year. I'm such a huge fan of WEC, and this will be a fantastic show. I cannot wait.

Very stacked card indeed.

Aldo vs. Gumburyan - I'm really looking forward to this fight. Gumburyan has been looking really good since his drop to Featherweight. Aldo a top pound for pound fighter in the world has always looked good. My guess is we'll see a highlight reel knockout in this fight. I think Aldo will take him out within 3 rounds.

Varner vs. Cerrone - Should be another entertaining fight. Like Fizzy said it was ashame to see their first fight end with the unintentional knee. Cerrone always puts on a good fight. He got caught up in some distasteful trash talking to Varner a few weeks back, but apologized for his comments.

Miguel Torres needs a win bad. His last to losses are nothing to be ashamed of, since Benavidez and Bowles are top Bantamweights. If he loses again it will be even harder for him to get back to the top.

I'm hoping that Chan-Sung and Garcia both win, so we can hopefully see a rematch between these two, which they should both beat their opponents, lets just hope there will be a rematch. Mike Brown should also win his fight. We haven't seen Brown since he was knocked out by Gumburyan back in April. It will be a tough, but Brown should still be able to win.

Mark Hominick showed last night that you can be technical while still cause DAMAGE to your opponent. Beautiful performance. He used his left jab and short hooks to control the fight and throw Lenard Garcia off his game. Those punches were landing at a hard, consistent rate, too. Garcia just had no answer for it. Perfect game plan by Hominick. How one of the judges could actually give the fight to Garcia, I have no clue, but at least Hominick got the victory. It was well earned.

Fuck George Roop. The fucking asshole ran around for seven minutes and finally one of his ugly head kicks landed. Lucky victory for him, and I cannot wait to see him get his ass kicked. That little sleep motion he did at the end... pathetic. He finally gets a big victory for once in his career, and that's how he acts. As far as the Korean Zombie... he'll bounce back. George's reach kept on his toes, but I doubt he fights someone with the height of that douchebag anytime soon.

Miguel Torres vs. Charlie Valencia was boring as hell until Torres realize how much better he was than his opponent, and once he realize that... he absolutely dominated him. Impressive performance, but I'm not positive if Torres will be able to obtain the hype he once had. There's just something different about him.

Jamie Varner vs. Donald Cerrone was okay I guess. I can't stand either guy, so I wanted to watch them beat the shit out of each other, but only Cerrone was delivering the beating. He looked really, really good. His wrestling looked fantastic, and he's learning to use his reach. However, he could be a tad bit more aggressive, instead of backing up and running away like a bitch. Had he simply pressured Varner more, there's no doubt in my mind he could have finished this fight. Instead, it went to a decision, and Cerrone was fortunate enough not to have ******ed judges watching his fight.

And Jose Aldo... man, unbelievable performance. Manny Gamburyan is no joke, but Aldo made him look like one last night. After an initial nice haymaker to start the fight for Manny, he wasn't able to land anything else. Aldo fired those vicious leg kicks, showed awesome takedown defense, and didn't led-up when he saw Manny was hurt on the ground. Most MMA fighters (or *****es I should say) would have played it safe and let Manny recover, but Aldo got right on him and knocked his ass clean out. Wonderful performance.

Yeah, last night was a good show for the most part. I wish I could have seen the Mike Brown fight though. It is a shame he is relegated to undercard and his fight isn't even shown as a time filler. I may not like the guy that much but even I enjoy watching his fights.

Roop got a big win and I couldn't care less. Beautiful head kick that caught Jung flush. To be completely honest though, I am not buying into this Korean Zombie hype train. He is 0-2 in the WEC so far and has a KO loss. His performance last night was reminiscent of the Nick Diaz/Koji Oishi fight from a few years ago. Zombie kept his hands way to low and far apart and just didn't defend shit. He got picked apart for the most part and was finished. Terrible performance by Jung.

Garcia/Hormonick was a fun fight. I don't really like Garcia but he is fun to watch. Hormonick fought a great fight and picked up the well deserved win.

Torres/Valencia was incredibly boring. I actually switched to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia instead of watchgin this fight and I don't regret it at all.

Cerrone/Varner was a solid fight. It is no secret that I completely and utterly hate Donald Cerrone. I find him to be a gigantic piece of excrement and a sorry excuse for a human being. Needless to say I was pulling hardcore for Varner to win. I don't like Varner that much but he was the lesser of two evils in this one, at least for me. Unfortunately, he is a shell of his former self and posed no real threat to Cerrone at any time in this fight. A solid fight, but Cerrone was clearly the better man. I still hate Cerrone as a person but there is no denying that he is an elite fighter in the WEC Lightweight division.

Jose Aldo....what else can be said. The man is a phenom and a freak of nature. He is quiet possibly the most dominate man in the world in any weight class, though I am not supporting him fighting guys like GSP or Silva to find out. I would however like to see him fight Ben Henderson or anyone else in the Lightweight division. I just don't see what is left for him to do in the Featherweight division. In a very short period of time he has cleared out the divison. He killed Cub Swanson, killed Mike Brown, beat Urijiah Faber so bad that he moved down a weight class, and has now killed Manny Gamburyan. I don't see who is left for him to face. I think we are nearing the time that Aldo will need to bump up in weight and then we will truly see if he is indeed the pound for pound best fighter in the world.

Some entertaining fights last.

Garcia vs. Hominick was a good fight to start the show. Garcia had no problem throwing punches but failed to keep his hands up when rushing in so, he was getting tagged a lot because of that. Throughout the fight both fighters landed some good shots on each other. I say it was clear Garcia won the first round while Hominick won the third, the deciding factor was the close second round. I look forward to seeing Hominick again.

Roop vs. Sung Jung - Funny thing I saw somewhere after this fight was, Roop I guess learned how to defeat a Zombie, who take it's head off. I thought that was pretty funny. I agree with JMT saying he acted like a douchebag with the hands to his head to show a sleep motion, not like he dominated the fight, sure the head kick was nice, but his overall performance wasn't. Let Roop fight Aldo, he'll get his tall ass chopped down by Aldo's leg kicks.

Torres vs. Valencia - Have to agree with you guys, it was boring. Yea Torres got the win, took him long enough to get going. He is clearly showing that he doesn't have what it takes to be at the top anymore. Cruz, Benavidez, and Bowles will crush him. He'll be a good gatekeeper for the division.

Cerrone vs. Varner was a very entertaining fight. Both guys hate each other, and a lot of fans hate the both of them, I don't really care with either one. Cerrone just came out firing strikes catching Varner early in the fight. Cerrone just dominated the whole fight, Varner didn't really stand a chance, anything he landed on Cerrone was just shrugged off. There were two things I found funny said after the fight, first was when one of the commentators said it's only September and this has to be a candidate for FOTY. Dumbass it was the end of September, meaning that the year is three quarters over already, and for it to be FOTY candidate it shouldn't be so one sided. The other thing was during the post fight interview with Cerrone when asked what he plans on doing next, he said he has no plans for a title shot, I lol'd at least he knows he doesn't have a chance against Bendo.

Aldo vs. Gamburyan was just another fight to show us how fucking dominate Aldo is. Gamburyan came out with a nice hook that caught Aldo, but Aldo just started with his routine leg kicks, from then on Gamburyan was done. Aldo finished it with a nice uppercut that hurt Gumburyan, jumped on his back and fired away shots to his face until Herb Dean stepped in to call the fight. Aldo says theres still competition for him at Featherweight, I'm with Indy, I want to see him move up to the Lightweight division and get his skills tested there. There just hasn't been any trouble for him at FW and nobody that seems to pose as a threat to him at the current time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back