Brown vs. Aldo

INDYjon22

Nome is where your heart is
So theres a lot of talk about UFC and Strikeforce lately but have you guys forgotten that WEC has a fight card coming up this Wednesday. Mike Brown will be defending his belt against Jose Aldo. It should be a pretty good fight and a pretty good card all together. Manny Gamburyan will be fighting Leonard Garcia, another fight that should be hard swinging and exciting. Rob McCullough who is a pretty tough dude. Cub Swanson who was a pretty big contendor a couple years ago and of L.C. Davis who is a guy I think will be a future champion.

With all the talk about Strikeforce two weeks ago and UFC 105 yesterday and UFC 106 next saturday I feel like this card has kind of gotten a raw deal. WEC fight cards always tend to deliver with some pretty good smaller fighters and very exciting fights. This card doesnt look that bad either. With some of the names I listed above I already know they will show up to fight an exciting fight. And even though I am not a Mike Brown fan he is a good champion and puts on good title fights. I feel bad that this card has gone somewhat unnoticed but it should be good. Ill be tuning in to it.

Very good card, WEC always delivers good fights and tonight was no exception. Jose Aldo vs. Mike Brown was very impressive fight in regards to Jose Aldo. Aldo really came to fight for this one and rightfully so since it was for the featherweight belt. The first round was pretty close but Aldo was phenominal in the second. He got Brown down to the ground and pounded him out. A truly great performance for the new WEC Featherweight champion Jose Aldo.

Also, LC Davis and Cub Swanson both won. LC Davis continues to impress me and will certainly get a title shot before to long while Cub Swanson got a much needed win. Manvel Gamburyan won his second fight in a row but to be honest he was fighting a bit dirty in the first period. But I will give him credit in being able to stop Leonard Garcia's great punching. Good win Gamburyan but stop kneeing people in the balls. Shane Roller had a very impressive submission victory over Danny Castillo as well.

If you haven't seen WEC 44 yet and want to I highly recommend you check it out either by replay on VS or finding the fights on youtube. A very good free card.

I agree on the card being great, Il take this card over Strikeforce Fedor vs Rogers, and UFC 105 any day.

I was not expecting Shane Roller to win that fight, Danny Castillo was on a roll coming into this, and has only one loss in WEC coming from Donalde Cerrone which there is no shame in. Now don't get me wrong I know Shane Roller was no slouch, with only one loss from Ben Henderson, but I just didn't see Roller being able to survive Castillo's stand up. He did though, and applied a RNC for the victory.

My favorite fight of the night was Karen Darabedyan pulling out the decison against Rob Mccullough. This was a awesome 3 round slugfest, in which I thought Rob Mccullogh would take Karen no problem, but damn I was pleastny surpised. Karen who is supposed to be very well versed in ground game, showed some very explosive punching in the early part of the fight, quickly had me turning on Rob as the winner. I was surpised this went to the decision, as I was sure one of these guys were going to get knocked out. Karen was awesome though, I am really waiting to see this guy fight again. I guess I was a instant fan of his.

As for the Garcia-Manvel Gamburyan fight, I was pulling for Garcia, but I thought Manvel would win soley on the fact that Garcia's ground game is shit, and when Manvel puts you on the ground, as stocky as the 5'5 fighter is, its hard to get back up. INDYjon22 hit the nail on the head with this one, Yea he won, but its not impressive if you repeatably knee some body in the nuts to get the win. Im sure he didn't mean to do it(maybe lol) but two hard groin shots is something difficult to come back from. It had to effect Garcia's game.

The Mike Brown-Jose Aldo fight. All I can say is wow. Just wow. I am a huge Mike Brown fan ever since his first fight with Faber. He was a beast. Hell, he still is, But last night Jose Aldo was the better fighter. I wouldn't have even considerd this dude to beat Brown, but damn I just can't belive it. Maybe I COMPLETLY underestimated Aldo, or had Brown too high on a pedestal. Whats funny is I have never even heard of Aldo until i seen his knockout on Cub, the double knee in 8 seconds, that one. To say the least I am a Jose Aldo fan. I hope they give Mike Brown a rematch, so he can take his belt back.

Anybody catch the beatdown that the Prince of Persia gave to Will Kerr? That dude was a total badass, and they say he's also got wrestling skills!? They need to get that dude on the main card against some decent competition. Prince of Persia FTW.

Overall it was a good card, Isn't it insane how they give great cards like this away for free, and sometimes the PPV's are lackluster as hell. It seems like all the WEC cards I watch never dissapoint.

Yeah The Prince of Persia (Don't know his name) looked excellent last night. He destroyed Kerr. I had Castillo winning as well and never thought Roller would catch him in a choke. Really is a testiment to the skills that Shane Roller has. McCoullah didn't look like his old self last night, in my opinion. He was throwing as much as he usually does and was leaving his hands a bit wide. Karen really stepped up his game and took it to the former champ, I give him a lot of credit. Gamburyan beat one of the best guys in the 145 weight class last night, he will certainly be taking a shot at the belt soon. Those knee to ball shots were garbage though, there is no respect in throwing dirty knees, I know he is short and I know people slip. But did any one else notice how as soon as they were pulled apart and the ref went to Manvel not to do it again he started acting like he didn't know what the ref was saying? I actually told GuyCompton last night that I saw Jose Aldo winning, the dude is a beast and he really took it to Mike Brown. I really want to see a rematch between these two and hopefully I fight with Faber in the future as well. Good free show that was worth flipping back and forth form TUF for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back