'The Total Package'
Lex Luger

luger.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Years in Promotion
WCW: 1991-1992, 1995-2001
WWF: 1993-1995
What would you say: Looking at Impact created, feuds, championships & accomplishments and matches...Lex Luger in WCW or WWF???
Feuds
WCW
Barry Windham, Mike Graham, Keiji Mutoh, Ron Bass, Nikita Koloff, Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Sting, Randy Savage, Hulk Hagan, Bill Goldberg...

WWF
Mr. Perfect, Bret Hart, Yokazuna, Ludvig Borga, Tatanka, Million Dollar Corporation...
Championships & Accomplishments
WCW
1-time WCW United States Heavyweight Championship
2-time WCW World Heavyweight Championship
2-time WCW World Tag Team Championship w/ Sting (1), and The Giant (1)
2-time WCW World Television Championship

WWF
Royal Rumble Winner (1994)
Yokozuna Bodyslam Challenge Winner (1993)
What would you say: Lex Luger in WCW or WWF??
My Opinion
Obviously looking at his championships and accomplishments, you're going to say WCW...but there was more to it..his title runs in WCW wee amazing, he beat top wrestlers to become champion, he defended it against top competition aswell, after he won thw WCW World title, he went on to defend it to names like Rick Steiner, Ron Simmons, Masa Chono..keeping it for 7 and a half months, losing it to his friend Sting...He then returned to WCW in 1995 on the debut of Nitro, he had some decent feuds and then in 1997, on the 100th Nitro, he defeated Hogan for his 2nd World Heavyweight championship...Later he and Buff ended Goldbergs 'career'...I think personal problems go to him though...
Did he deserve the WWF title?? I'm not really sure, after Hogan left the WWF, Luger was pushed as the american hero..I think he pulled it off good..and he could have had a good run as a dominant WWF champion...
Anyway...I choose WCW...he was just born there!!!
What would you say???

Please keep thread on topic...thank you

He's always going to be remembered to me as one of the top guys in the WWE in the what I consider the dog days of the company (some of the worst booking the WWE has ever seen)

Just some awful booking IMO. A lot of cartoon like gimmicks that never got over.

I personally felt they should of kept him heel with Bobby Heenan as long as possible. I enjoyed the gimmick and was really happy to see Mark Jinjrak get the chance to rekindle the gimmick a couple years back.

I did enjoy the Tatanka storyline and felt it was one of the best story lines in 94'

It's kind of hard not to vote WCW. I really didn't enjoy much of his work in either company (minus his short run as the narcissist) , but there is no denying the fact that he was very over in all his time in the
business.

His narcissist character in WWF has to be the deciding factor for me. The gimmick was just great and it made you hate him. In WCW he was just a big guy who walks around flexing and winning championships for no reason, but, The Narcissist he could have been something special to rival the Top stars in WWF at the time

I have to go with WCW...while the Narcissist was a good character, as soon as they turned him face by having him try to bodyslam Yokozuna, it ruined it. Plus, he spent the bulk of his career in the NWA/WCW, so that has to be figured in.

It has to be NWA/WCW. They were essentially the same thing, until WCW actually broke off. You forgot four years of his career there, bud. 2 1/2 years in the WWF, big whoop. The bulk of his career was in NWA/WCW, especially the important part of his career. He was there to take over for Sting when he got injured in his fight against the Horsemen. He is the longest reigning United States Title holder. His partnership with Sting lasted his time in WCW as well.

Slamming Yokozuna is great, but who cares about that in the grand scheme of things? He did nothing in the WWF that is truly of note. NWA/WCW was where his career started, took off, and where he had his most success. Hell he beat Hogan for the title during the nWo days. He had no championships during his time in the WWF.

The answer is NWA/WCW, and it isn't even close.

I as well am gonna go with WCW, seeing as he barely accomplished anything in WWF compared to what he accomplished in WCW.

He was over both places, he was booked fairly decent both places, but the fact that he didn't get any championship runs during his stint with WWF doesn't exactly help him.

Lex Luger also had the higher profile matches during his time with WCW, Hulk Hogan Randy Savage, Sting and Ric Flair says it all, compared to a Yokozuna and a Bret Hart (who is probably the only big name he feuded with in WWF).

My choice goes to WCW.

WCW easily. He made a name for himself and honestly he's one of the few guys I can remember to hold the United States title when it was still credible. And I agree with the statement earlier where he beat Hogan clean. He made him give up in the Rack, seeing Hogan submit was something that was rarely seen. But he made a name for himself in WCW. Luger slammed the behemoth in Yokozuna, beat him, and yet never held the world title. They put him together with the British Bulldog to form the Allied Powers, never winning the tag titles. There are very few times where you can look at a guy's accomplishments and not acknowledge the amount of championships won. Luger had the legacy in WCW while in WWF/E, he barely made so much as a ripple.

You'd be insane to vote anything but WCW here. Yes, slamming Yokozuna was cool, but think back – what else did Luger ever accomplish in the WWE/F other than that and posing in front of a full body mirror? Absolutely nothing.

His career was made and made in the NWA/WCW, and the feuds that he underwent while he was there were what made Luger famous – not the Narcissist character, or that All-American Body Builder who could scoop-slam a 600 pounder.

Lex Luger became a household name in the NWA. He was actually a decent wrestler. In the WWF, he was just another guy. In the NWA/WCW, he was one of their top stars. He was a main eventer and a decent World Champion. He was also one of the best US Heavyweight Champion as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back