F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
"The Big Bad Booty Daddy", "Big Poppa Pump", "The Genetic Freak"..​

Next in the series:
Scott Steiner

19.jpg

Years in Promotions
WCW: 1988-1992, 1996-2001...
WWF/E: 1992-1994, 2002-2004..​

Looking at matches, impact created feuds and accomplishments...What would you say...Scott Steiner in WCW or WWF/E??

Lets Break it Down!!

Feuds
WCW
The Road Warriors, Sting & Lex Luger, Harlem Heat, The Outsiders, Eric Bischoff, new World order, Scott Norton, Buff Bagwell, Rick Steiner,The Giant, ex Luger, Diamond Dallas Page, Tank Abbott, Mike Awesome, Booker T, Bill Goldberg, Sid Vicious, Kevin Nash..

WWF/E
The Beverly Brothers, Money Inc., The Quebecers, Triple H, La Resistance, Chris Nowinski, Test...

Championships & Accomplishments
WCW
2-time WCW United States Heavyweight Championship
1-time WCW World Heavyweight Championship
6-time WCW World Tag Team Championship w/ Rick Steiner
2-time WCW World Television Championship
Pat O'Connor Memorial Tag Team Tournament (1990) w/ Rick Steiner

WWF/E
2-time WWF Tag Team Championship w/ Rick Steiner

My Opinion
I think WCW, for obvious reasons here...is run in WWF was okay, but ti wasn't into wrestling at the time because I was what 1 yrs old?? But then when I watched WCW, he really went with the programme, I felt some titles were just put on him to make the nWo stable look good..But he had the better years in WCW, his 2nd run in WWE was just screwe up..he amde a big impact on his debut in MSG, but then he did the same thing that Goldberg did a year later which is make HHH look good..I do think Scotty should have gotten a world title run, the amount they built up to these 2, seemed like a waste of time, with the bench pressing competitions and poses they did..they were really entertaining, but I think his matches there was just forgettable!!

WCW for me!!

What would you say... Scott Steiner in WCW or WWF/E??

Please keep on topic...thank-you!

Scott Steiner in WCW of course, he didn't accomplish remotely enough in WWE/F during his time there as opposed to what he accomplished during his time with WCW.

Scott Steiner was a great tag team wrestler, and also a pretty decent singles competitor, he was a part of the New World Order, which obviously were one of the bigger and greater stables in wrestling history.

As opposed to him feuding with Triple H in what I would see as a lackluster of a feud in WWE, and his tag team stint in WWF doesn't compare to his WCW tag team stint.

WCW for me as well.

Scott Steiner in WWE was another victim of WWE purposely burying a top star from the rival promotion they just bought out, WCW. WWE just used Steiner wrong. When they brought him in, he was hot but instead of keeping that momentum going, they team him up with Test and then let him be a spokesman for the US war in Iraq and began putting him in feuds with Chris Nowinski(winner of Tough Enough) WWE fucked over Steiner big time! His biggest success in WWE was during his first run with his brother but even that run wasn't that great imo, because they didn't really face any memorable or credible tag teams imo. Hell, at least give Steiner the mic and let him run with it but they couldn't even do that. Hell Steiner's TNA run >>>>>>>>>> His WWE runs combined.

As for WCW, WCW is Steiner's bread and butter. It's where he groomed himself and came to be known. He went from being in 1 of the greatest tag teams, to being in NWO, 1 of the greatest stables EVER, to becoming Big Poppa Pump, 1 of the greatest characters ever, to becoming a World champ in WCW.

Btw, why no poll for this thread?

I'm surprised this was even allowed up cuz it ain't close! WCW by a landslide. His WWF run wasn't anything special and his WWE run was completely (and unfortunately) forgettable.

He came back to WWE with a giant ball of momentum on his side and he was just buried by being put with Test/Keibler and then just buried out of the E by Triple H.

He was one of the very few reasons to watch WCW over its final couple of years. For as banged up as he always was, he still seemed to be able to entertain me.

Big Poppa Pump is your hook up. Holla if ya hear me!

Well in all do respect to the WWE runs.. Lets split them up because the evident differences.

I felt Scott's first run with WWE (F at the time) was fun to watch. I felt their matches (Steiners) with the Headshrinkers were very fun to watch. Their match at WM IX was very exciting with a handful of good spots.

I also think their feud with me (Money Inc.) was fun to watch. Fortunately for them they got out of the World Wrestling Federation right before the dog dags in my opinion (94-95)

Even with defending his first run with the WWE, of course its still going to be WCW.

I'm talking before the NWO even... I felt their feud with the Outsides drug on way to long. Of course all people will remember is Scotty double axe handle to the back of Rick.. but before that there was about 46,000 matches between the two teams.

I'm not even going to comment on his last run with WWE. If you go to youtube and watch his debut at Survivor Series you'll understand how ridiculous not pushing him to the moon was. I don't give a flying fuck if Scotty had slowed down and wasn't as good in the ring anymore, he was MAD over when first debuting. This was all lost of course to a series of "insulting my intelligence" months with an angle involving HHH.

All together a great career...

Arguably IMO I think he could go into the WWE HOF 3 times..

A- As a tag Team with his brother Rick
B- As a singles competitor
C- Simply off promos.... "gimme a fuckin mic"

Scott Steiner was phenomenal with his brother in WWF against the Headshrinkers,

In WCW when he went solo he was just a slow-ass suplexing train wreck who was just pushed to the moon because he was tight with the 'boys' backstage.

In WWE he had a great 're' entrance but that match at No Way Out should just shut the naysayers here up because he was never gonna stack up against the great workers like Eddie or Shawn or Lesnar or Taker EVER .......just utter poopoo!!

so in my book Scott Steiner with brother Rick Steiner in the WWF -TOPS!!

His TNA run was better than his WWE solo run. His WWF run with Rick wasn't bad at all, but it was nothing compared to their WCW run. And his best solo years were by far with WCW when he joined the nWo.

WCW by far.

I was actually going to say that you forgot his TNA run, but then again so did everybody else. His run there wasn't that great and I think he only won a few matches he was involved in there. Personally, I prefer the old Scott Steiner back in the days where the Steiner Brothers were at there peak. When they did double team moves that made it look like a science. The DDT move and Bulldog moves that were done off the top rope. Nobody did suplexes better than the Steiner Brothers. And need I remind anybody about the Frankensteiner. That move to me back then was epic because nobody else did it. But that brings my point that I preferred the days before the genetic freak/big poppa pump. But that's just me.

WCW by a mile.

His WWE run – outside that initial tango with HHH – was a pathetic follow-up to what was one of the biggest gamers in the WCW at the time. It's one of those things you choose to forget, like waking up next to a fat bitch who's name you can't remember after a night of heavy drinking.

In WCW, Steiner was an upper-echelon main-eventer – certified. In the WWE, he was barely a mid-carder.

Is this even a debate? What makes Scott Steiner amazing, is his abilty to be an insane, crazy lunatic. Which was just not possible with the WWE handcuffs.

That being said, I actually did kind of enjoy his WWE run. The fans went nuts when he debuted, and stayed pretty strong throughout his stay there.

I absolutely loved his TNA run. Probably more so than WCW. Scott Steiner was really the highlight of my Thursday nights. Sad to see him gone now.

Scott Steiner was a great tag team wrestler in the NWA/WCW. The Steiner Brothers' feuds with the Road Warrior, Doom, Harlem Heat, and the Outsiders was great. Scott was also a very good single wrestler as well. In WWE, he was more known for his biceps than his wrestling abilities.

No doubt it's WCW. In the WWE, he was nothing more than a main event jobber. He pretty much jobbed to Triple H in their World Title match. That was the most action we saw from Steiner in the WWE. After that, he went into various mid-card programs and eventually left the company to go to TNA.

WCW on the other hand, he was a star. He was big in WCW. A world champion most notably. If it werent for Goldberg and Vince Russo, I believe that Steiner would have been even bigger than he was back then.

WCW, hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back