WCW Themed 3hr specials on RAW?

BIGTOWNPLAYA01

Dark Match Winner
Would it be a good Idea to have WCW themed specials on RAW?

Turn Halloween Havoc into a 3 hr special on Oct 31 with some sort of "TOURNAMENT" built around the event but make sure it is just the Semi Finals and Finals On the night. The Prize would be a world championship match at the upcoming PPV Event.

and through out the night classic almuni could compete or be on the show. Wouldn't it be fun to have a Dancing Fools reunion? or even the Nitro Girls come out ? Goldberg could vs. The Big Show ala a Classic Moment where Goldberg lefted Show aka The Giant up into a suplex position. Chris Jericho could reunite with Rufus lol it could be something that WWE hasn't been in sometime and that is a fun an exciting night;)

I think that it would be good and WWE could benefit, Think about it WWE has so much WCW videos etc collecting dust but this could help boast sells and get a whole new generation into the brand.

No one send anything about rehashing on angles and progarms? more along the lines of how Great Amercian Bash. and thats how come I made mention of bringing in classic talent, A lot of them wouldn't being doing anything.

WWE is also filled with old WCW in-ring and backstage. it would give a good reason to push out Kevin Nash to lol

It could be interesting, similar to how the WWE had an old school night last year. Good for some nostalgia, bring in some older names for one appearance. I don't see anything wrong with it and would quite enjoy it as I was a WCW fan at the time as well as a WWF fan.

And to compare to what TurtleMERC said. One night of looking back is alot different then using older wrestlers and performers as the focal point of your show & business.

It would be cool for a yearly thing, the WCW name still carries a lot of impact with wrestling fans, it was the only company that ever gave WWE a run for its money, and if you can't tell by the WCW symbol in my sig, I loved WCW, and to see something like that would be nostalgic, much like last years old school night. However WWE has said that they would like to have a Old School Raw every year, and if it is in November like it was last year, and this Halloween Havoc plan taking place (obviously) in October that might take some of the impact away from Old School Raw, and there is no way Vince would have anything WCW, even if it is just WCW in name, take thunder away from anything WWE.

I think so.

We've all heard people ask for Starcade or another WCW PPV to make a return but this is a better idea.

If they space out the old school RAW episode and a WCW episode evenly I think it could be a huge success.

No... how many guys still on the roster wrestled in WCW? Like 2, 3? Let TNA rehash the same WCW crap for the 100th time, O wait... thats Impact now right?

Big Show
Rey Mysterio
Chris Jericho (if returned)
Chavo Guerrero
Golddust
Teddy Long (GM)

Special appearances by people under contract to the WWE:
Steve Austin
Rowdy Piper
Booker T
Kevin Nash
Bret Hart
Ron Simmons
Dean Malenko

Of course no one will be from the orginal it disbanded 10 years ago! it still doesnt mean the WWE cant benefit from it

wait itsnt it on every Thursday nights on Spike called Impact Wrestling :lmao:

But really i dont see the point in doing so, A reunion for ECW was great as basicly WCW and WWE were the same thing compared to ECW, a Vintage Raw was good as once a year for the past what 5 years they been doing an Old school, Reunion, show with older stars showing up

WCW Reunion without Sting, Flair, Bishcoff, Scott Hall, Steiners is useless.

I was thinking the same thing. Look at who is in TNA...
Hogan, Sting, Stiener, Jeff Jarrett, Flair, Bischoff. Main leaders of WCW. Sting, even if he wasn't under contract with TNA, whould not do it...and there is bad blood on Vince's end with Hogan and Flair. You got Macho Man who just died, Scott Hall who is in and out of rehab.

Look at the top guys on the WWE roster of who's left from WCW like someone else mentioned...
Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, Bret Hart. Those are the guys I remember. Chris Benoit is dead, as are some other guys.

Even if you bring in the legends...who else is left from the WCW roster that made an impact?

I just dont see it happening. WCW is a thing in the past and I think most of WWE's fan base wouldn't understand. Most of the WCW fan base is probably either watching TNA or has turned away from wrestling. Its a younger fan base today. OLD SCHOOL RAW was a good way of WWE keeping their older fan base interested and brought some back for one night.

Many tend to forget that before management in WCW went to hell, it was a showcase for cruiserweights, lucha libre, and many other styles. Even without Sting, all they would really have to do is give it the old WCW Nitro (the circa 95-98'ish) look and bring in some of the more recognizable talent.

La Parka, Psicosis, and Juventud Guerrera could all take on Albert Del Rio (who would wrestle with mask for that night only), Sin Cara, and Rey Mysterio who would all work their old lucha styles.

Let us have one more match between Jericho and Malenko, bring in Stevie Ray and have him reunite with Booker T as Harlem Heat against any WWE tag team. Have Arn Anderson come out and cut a promo about the Four Horsemen and the history of it, and how he was proud to be in that group. Bring in Tony Schiavone and pair him up with Dusty Rhodes for commentary.

There is a number of things that could be done. I won't deny that I was (and still am) a huge WCW mark, but if your fondest memories of WCW are just of Sting, Hogan, and Flair then you never really paid attention to everything else that made it an awesome company before the piss poor management took over.

How's bring back and old school WWF ppv call it In Your House and only have the WWE title and Intercontinetal Title on the line. Use the same strategy as old school raw.

Then later in the year have an old WCW ppv like Starrcade and only have the WHC and US title on the line.

Sort of two brand specific show during the year. obvioulsy if the US Title is on the other show or Intercontinental or Vice Versa you can have a brand supremacy match.

that would make 3 of those a year with Bragging Rights. what do you guys think?

Not a bad idea.. A 3-hour Raw special Halloween Edition.. In the early years of Halloween Havoc, they had 'Spin the wheel, Make a deal'.. This could be the theme, forget tournaments and bringing back old WCW wrestlers who can hardly wrestle right now.. However, this idea would work only well if blood, chair shots etc. was allowed.. Yes it is similar to the Raw Roullette, but they have crap matches e.g. Blindfold match, although it is funny..

I'm as much of an old school wrestling fan as anyone, but people it's time to move on. If you want to watch WCW matches, go get one of there DVD's. The only thing a 3hr RAW dedicated to WCW would do, is just slow down any story line you have going on.

Now I got it, you want to see your old favorites run around the ring again. I feel for it too, I payed for the ECW PPV that TNA put on, but in hindsight, I regret paying for it. The guys were too old and beat up. I honestly just got it to see RVD vs. Jerry Lynn again, but that match didn't even happen. Either way, if I want to relive the ECW days, I just watch some of the old tapes I have because those are the matches I love anyway.

We need to start focusing on the future of wrestling, on the past. During the Attitude area, the WWF never had a Raw dedicated to the old days. That may be because all the old guys were in WCW, but you get my point. The wresting that's going on now is what should matter, you shouldn't have to bring back the past to keep things interesting. All bring the past back dose, is delay the future.

Now if we just want to sit here, and come up with some dream matches to relive the good old days that's one thing, and how has no one mentioned bring DDP back, but for the WWE to actually dedicate a RAW to WCW, i feel is a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back