WCW stars to WWE

Ace Sleeper

That's some grade 'A' protein!
I had this though earlier while voting on the tournament. It brings up an interesting point. That being, if you could choose one superstar to cross over to WWE from WCW, who would it be. Of course there are exceptions like Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Booker T, Goldberg, etc, who have already had that success coming from WCW. Those guys were very successful and a few are renowned as some of the best of all time. So who else other then the obvious ones that already have it, would you like to have seen make it as a successful WWE wrestler?

One of my personal picks would have to be Scott Steiner. Sure, he came to WWE and had a feud for the title, but then after that he was arguing with Test over Stacy Keibler, before leaving. He didn't need to be a dominate world champion the whole time, or be in the world title picture the whole time, but seeing him have a good run with maybe a few mid-card/tag titles or possibly a world title would have been nice. Still good to see him in TNA, but I wish he could have made some kind of impact in the WWE before leaving.

So guys, who would of you liked to cross over and be successful in the WWE?

great question, gotta go with ddp, i always loved him in wcw but in wwe he sucked, i would have liked to see him have a good world title run or at least IC or US title run

I wonder how many people will say Sting?

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the cruiserweights jump over and actually make the WWF light heavyweight title do something. How often did they even talk about that title anyway?

I believe Mark Jindrak was from WCW, I may be wrong, I never watched WCW, but I really liked him.

He had the look, he was talented, and I like the reflection of perfection gimmick.

I was also hoping for Shawn O'Haire to have success.

buff bagwell....... for shizzy buff the stuff hahahahaha he was never gunna be a world champ but good old buff was great of the mic absolutely piss funny on his way to the ring his look was amazing ring in skills good enuff to get him over as a mid card champ or tag team champ...... does neone know if buff is still strappin up the boots ?????

I believe Mark Jindrak was from WCW, I may be wrong, I never watched WCW, but I really liked him.

He had the look, he was talented, and I like the reflection of perfection gimmick.

I was also hoping for Shawn O'Haire to have success.

Funny you mentioned those two guys randomly...As they were indeed the WCW Tag Team champs on a couple of occasions! (2000/2001)
Jindrak and O'Haire hit the WCW airwaves while they were green as goose-shit straight from bully boy Sarge DeWayne Bruce's Power Plant training facility and were pushed to the moon by Russo and his cronies Jeremy Borash and Ed Ferarra as part of the 'Natural Born Thrillers' faction led by 'Above Average' Mike Sanders.

Sean O'Haire is a classic case of a guy believing in and living his gimmick.
When he was in WWE and was receiving his mini-push alongside Roddy Piper, Apparently he pissed off more than one backstage power player which led to his premature release.
Which is a shame, as I always thought he showed promise and in time could develop into a possible money drawing star.

He then went to try his hand in MMA, and I'm not sure if he's still active, but his initial series of fights he was slaughtered!

I had this though earlier while voting on the tournament. It brings up an interesting point. That being, if you could choose one superstar to cross over to WWE from WCW, who would it be. Of course there are exceptions like Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Booker T, Goldberg, etc, who have already had that success coming from WCW. Those guys were very successful and a few are renowned as some of the best of all time. So who else other then the obvious ones that already have it, would you like to have seen make it as a successful WWE wrestler?

One of my personal picks would have to be Scott Steiner. Sure, he came to WWE and had a feud for the title, but then after that he was arguing with Test over Stacy Keibler, before leaving. He didn't need to be a dominate world champion the whole time, or be in the world title picture the whole time, but seeing him have a good run with maybe a few mid-card/tag titles or possibly a world title would have been nice. Still good to see him in TNA, but I wish he could have made some kind of impact in the WWE before leaving.

So guys, who would of you liked to cross over and be successful in the WWE?

The Steiner Brothers were also in the WWE from around WrestleMania 8-10 (1992-1994) and won the tag titles twice.

but i digress, to answer the question there isn't really anyone other than Sting that either never turned up on WWE or wasn't in WWE b4 hand that i'd consider. Anyone who's anyone from WCW was in WWE atleast once other than Sting.

oh wait i know one. Norman Smiley

Vampiro and Scott Norton never made it to the WWE either.

I liked Jindrak and O'Haire. With a few more years of development they could have been something. They had the look and the gimmick in place already.

It's also been mentioned but Buff Bagwell would have been a good mid-card staple if he was retained by the WWE.

Oh and Ernest Miller would have been a great announcer, on air personality if they kept him around too

I am going to go the same route as many others will and say Sting at his peak in the mid 90s.

If Sting had jumped to the WWE with his Crow gimmick when it was still new and fresh, then it would have been a HUGE deal, even more than it would be if he made a debut now. Sting was one of the very best in the business at that time and with the WWE creative department on fire during the Attitude Era, the gimmick would have soared to even greater heights. Imagine Crow Sting vs Ministry Undertaker in a feud, or Sting vs The Rock or Triple H. It would have been epic.

Other than the obvious, I would like to have seen Vampiro come over, Juventud Guerrera/Rey Misterio/Ultimo Dragon to make the jump sooner and it would have been interesting to see where Booker T would have ended up had Harlem Heat joined the WWE as a tag team....

Gunna go out of the box and say Disco Inferno.. I actually loved the gimmick. Could have been a solid Lightheavyweight or European champ.

Vampiro would have been great, i see him joining the ministry of darkness alongside The Undertaker and wrecking havok on the WWE. Maybe he could have feuded with The Undertaker for dominance as the most evil character.

Lash Leroux, Prince Iaukea, Chris Kanyon, all these guys had good gimmicks that could have easily transitioned into the WWE and could have all been credible mid-carders imo!

Sting, obviously. I still hold faith that he'll come to the E just to face Taker at Mania(Don't flame me. I dream big) I also think Vampiro would've rocked in WWE. Maybe feud with Bikertaker and try to get him to revert back to his roots.

Dean Malenko, I don't think anyone mentioned him yet but he was as solid in the ring as Benoit or Jericho but didn't last too long in the WWE for whatever reason. I also thought Sean O'Haire had a lot of potential and when they were billing him as Piper's nephew I thought they were going to make him a major player. As someone else said I would have liked to see some of the luchadores like La Parka, Pyshcosis and Juvi come over and make a cruiserweight division that was worth a shit in WWE, but those guys probably knew they would be heavily misused and figured they would be better off wrestling in Mexico again, I know Konan and Juvi went back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back