WCW Round 3, Match 4: The Mega Bucks vs. the Dudley Boys

The Mega Bucks vs. the Dudley Boyz

• $$$$

• Dudleyz

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Following Match takes place in a WCW Ring under WCW Rules.

The Mega Bucks (Andre the Giant and Ted DiBiase)
02.jpg

vs.

the Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley)
06.jpg

As good a team the Dudleyz were and are, I can't pick them here. What are these guys going to do against Andre? How are they going to deliver a 3-D to Andre? There's just no way. I believe that Andre could defeat these two in a handicap match, to be honest. I don't even have to talk about Dibiase or Virgil. Andre could do it alone.

Yes, the Dudleyz are a bigger name team and have done more in tag-team wrestling, but they would not win this match.

As good a team the Dudleyz were and are, I can't pick them here. What are these guys going to do against Andre? How are they going to deliver a 3-D to Andre? There's just no way. I believe that Andre could defeat these two in a handicap match, to be honest. I don't even have to talk about Dibiase or Virgil. Andre could do it alone.

Ok i'm really starting to get confused on the way we are suppose to vote. I vote in who i actually think would win the match if the teams were put together in a match. Like santino did. All his points are exactly how i voted. the Andre factor. But if you go over to the BOD vs Hollywood blondes thread everyone is voting for the blondes because they are a better tag team and worked better together. ???? So how do we vote who is a better tag or who we think would win the match. I don't think people voted because they thought blondes would beat BOD, how could you. Two of the most dominating big men in wwe history vs WCW mid carders at best at the time.

Or do we just vote on favoritism. I think it changes from match to match. And people just change it to find excuses to vote for their team.

Yes, the Dudleyz are a bigger name team and have done more in tag-team wrestling, but they would not win this match.

Yes they would. 4 times out of 5.

Come on, Corporal, you're not seriously going to support a weak, meaningless upstart team like the Mega Bucks over a tag team institution like the Dudleyz, are you??? The Mega Bucks were the two top heels in the business at the time, forced together to take on the two biggest faces at the time, because Summer Slam needed a main event, and WWE didn't want to give away a Mania-caliber singles match at the #2 show.

The Dudleyz, on the other hand, have won 8 ECW World Tag Titles, 1 HUSTLE Super Tag Title, 1 NWA World Tag Title, 1 TNA World Tag Title, 1 WCW World Tag Title, and 9 WWF/WWE World Tag Titles. That's 21 major tag team championships at various promotions. They have been a part of 2 PWI Matches of the Year (ladder and TLC spotfests vs the Hardyz and E&C), and were named tag team of the year in 2001.

The only "claim to fame" the Mega Bucks have ever had - despite only every competing on ONE MATCH, was the fact that they were the "boss" tag team at the end of 1989's WWF Superstars arcade game.

So let's see- a team that competed in ONE MATCH, vs a team that has won 21 World Tag Team Titles with 6 different promotions? Yeah...

The only "claim to fame" the Mega Bucks have ever had - despite only every competing on ONE MATCH, was the fact that they were the "boss" tag team at the end of 1989's WWF Superstars arcade game.

Irish you saying that the Mega bucks only competed one time together. Whoa I didn't know that. If thats true they shouldn't even be in the tourney. How come my team power and glory never gets any love. they were basically jobbers but always liked the team and think they could take out some of the lesser teams.

The MegaBucks, nope. The Dudleys are a superior team in every way shape and form. I like the interesting dynamic of the DiBiase/Giant team, with the evil heel buying a giant thug as his enforcer, but it only goes so far. The Dudleys I believe have hit the 3-D on teh Big Show, so it's plausable that they can do this. Plus in their ECW Primes, they were sadistic and as heelish as the Million Dollar Man ever was. I like both teams, but the Dudleys should walk.

Andre's big, but he cant go forever and once DiBiase is in, the Dudley's can take it. A one match team doesn't deserve the win here

Gotta give my support to my ECW boys, the Dudley's. Their crentials are second to none, and they are damn near close to legendary. This really should not even be close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back