WCW Region, Third Round, Dog Collar Match: (2) Sting vs. (7) Roddy Piper

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Sting

• Roddy Piper

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the WCW Region. It is a Dog Collar match, held at Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.

Philips_Arena.jpg

Rules: The wrestlers are attached at the neck by a ten foot chain and the win can only be by pinfall or submission.

Sting_TNA_iMPACT_WRESTLING.png

#2. Sting

Vs.

roddy-piper.png

#7. Roddy Piper

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

You know I've never been a huge Sting fan, mostly because I didn't watch a lot of WCW growing up, so maybe my view on this is a bit skewed. I think Piper has a real chance in this one. This fight has brawl written all over it, and Piper could brawl with the best of them. Not to mention the guy was tough. He once got ran over by a car at Wrestlemania 12 and got back up to chase Goldust off. Pretty impressive display of toughness by Rowdy.

Don't feel like writing out the criteria for the match. Sting wins in just about every category. Scratch that, he wins in every category. Who did Piper beat in Round 2, Lawler? Meh... looks like Sting won't have a challenge until next round. God help him if it's Lesnar.

For now Sting wins. Comfortably. Dog Collar match isn't making a difference.

To be fair Piper has experience in a dog collar match, and I think he won that one too at Starrcade 83 not sure though. But Sting is someone who had 2 primes and beat the top heels for the strap both times.

Sting here in a helluva match.

I don't care that Piper beat Greg Valentine in this match - it's not in anyway the same calibre of opponent that Sting presents. For me, this kind of match is designed to prevent separation. Traditionally, that is going to be a problem for heels or high flyers, of which Sting is neither. Sting is a guy who has spent most of his career as a very over face, whereas Piper has spent his losing to the very biggest names. For me, this is a Sting victory.

Prime Piper versus Prime Sting with the Dog Collar?

I have to go with Piper. One of the most important heels of all time versus the face of the 2nd biggest company of his day. A man known for being incredibly vicious when he needed to be, and selling out shows nationwide because of it... versus a guy known for overcoming the odds to half full arenas because most honestly didn't care that much.

Sting's the bigger name among today's fans, so he will win here. But he shouldn't. Put this tournament in a kayfabe perspective, and Sting isn't the star of the show at all. He's just a guy on the card. Piper though, is a guy who's ability to build heat is able to unparallelled, and an extremely valuable commodity going forward into the later rounds.

He would bust Stings eardrum with the chain, leave him laying, get every single fan in the building screaming for his blood, and walk away the winner so each of those fans would come back to see him get beat the next time.

This match would be Piper's coconut to Snuka's head moment.

Don't feel like writing out the criteria for the match. Sting wins in just about every category. Scratch that, he wins in every category. Who did Piper beat in Round 2, Lawler? Meh... looks like Sting won't have a challenge until next round. God help him if it's Lesnar.

For now Sting wins. Comfortably. Dog Collar match isn't making a difference.

With the exception of a stoned Jeff Hardy, have you ever seen Sting win a match without a Stinger Splash?

I'm assuming the leash is short. Allowing Piper to hit a lot of haymakers and a pile driver. Gimmick is the actual key and difference here. Piper wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back