WCW Region, Osaka Subregion, Second Round: (3) HHH vs. (19) John Bradshaw Layfield

Who wins this match?

• HHH

• John Bradshaw Layfield

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WCW Region, Osaka Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium in Osaka, Japan. Assume one week has passed since the first round match.

3445-L.jpg

Booker-T-wwe-superstar-4.jpg

triple-h-bio.png

#3. HHH

Vs.

images

#19. John Bradshaw Layfield

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

HHH has a strong case to be the greatest wrestler who ever lived. JBL was a guy who benefited off of a lot of things to have one pretty good year out of a 20+ year career. HHH goes all cerebral assassin on his ass and picks up this victory.

JBL had a pretty sure run on top compared to HHHs longevity and dominance. I think H get's really hated on unfairly by IWC people for backstage politics but to me he's one of the best heels of all time. I think Trips wins this one easy over JBL here.

These tournaments come and go, and you start to make the same arguments over and over. This is where we are right now, as I'm about to say the two things about JBL that I always say.

1) He won the title in 2004 when the WWE weren't sure what they were doing in the wake of Lesnar and The Rock leaving and made some experimental champion choices - Orton, Guerrero, Benoit and JBL all won titles that year. Three of them never won the title again, and Orton took 3 years to get anywhere near too.

2) His time on top was a flash in the pan. At the Royal Rumble 2004, he was eliminated in a minute, at Royal Rumble 2005 he defended the WWE Championship, at 2006 he lost to the Boogieman.

HHH on the other hand has had a fantastic career for years, and has proven himself multiple times.

HHH should move on here. Longevity verses someone who had ONE great year in his career. HHH's resume is stacked with accomplishments great matches, and numerous title reigns, and each of those came in times where he was needed to carry the load.

HHH would win this... because he's that damn good.

Y'know, I could say the same thing as most everybody else is saying but I think I'll let Paul Heyman do it for me:

[YOUTUBE]-7AoX3LkxpA[/YOUTUBE]

2:10 onward. True enough really, if an out-of-prime HHH had been arsed enough to work Smackdown, JBL probably would have been looked over just as he always was and nobody would remember his career with any second thought at all.

HHH is one of the greatest heels of all time, and nothing JBL can do, not his near year-long title reign can do anything about that. He was the highest booked guy in 2000 when people like The Rock, Stone Cold, Kane, Kurt Angle and The Undertaker roamed the landscape and that speaks volumes about his ability at one given point at least. But the fact that he wasn't crap for the rest of his career in itself is enough to push him past the flash-in-the-pan wham-bam-thank-you-mam cowboy who merely flirted with success.

HHH. Triple H is one of the greatest of all time while JBL is just somebody who got lucky to be in the right place at the right time, and capitalized on it with his skills on the stick. After his title reign & feud with Cena, the rest of JBL's career was filler.

Y'know, I could say the same thing as most everybody else is saying but I think I'll let Paul Heyman do it for me:

[YOUTUBE]-7AoX3LkxpA[/YOUTUBE]

2:10 onward. True enough really, if an out-of-prime HHH had been arsed enough to work Smackdown, JBL probably would have been looked over just as he always was and nobody would remember his career with any second thought at all.

HHH is one of the greatest heels of all time, and nothing JBL can do, not his near year-long title reign can do anything about that. He was the highest booked guy in 2000 when people like The Rock, Stone Cold, Kane, Kurt Angle and The Undertaker roamed the landscape and that speaks volumes about his ability at one given point at least. But the fact that he wasn't crap for the rest of his career in itself is enough to push him past the flash-in-the-pan wham-bam-thank-you-mam cowboy who merely flirted with success.

If I have to pick nits, Stone Cold wrestled in 2000 for a couple of months. Kane and Undertaker were nowhere near the factors they had you made to believe. Kurt Angle became a moderate deal around Summerslam.

HHH did have the benefit of working with Foley, Rock, Angle, Austin, and Benoit. JBL had to work with Guerrero, Undertaker, Booker T, Angle, and Show. Basically, I see this as a "whoever gets interference in their favor" kind of matchup. Both competitors have had stables help them win matches. I'm 60% with HHH mainly because his heel run in 2000 in terms of match quality was better than JBL's but I can't really knock Bradshaw for it given his wrestling style and how it clashed with others.

Pretty obvious this goes to Triple H. When JBL was at his best he was still behind Triple H at the same time. I really enjoyed JBL's title reign but it's safe to say if not for the brand extension and the addition of a second title that regin would have never happened. I don't think much of an argument is necessary. Triple H in a landslide victory.

The Game goes over the "Wrestling God". HHH's nearly 20 years in the WWE have been proven to be more significant than JBL's nearly 20 years in the big"E". HHH has taken part in more high profile matches against greater talent than JBL, and has come out on top, more often then not. HHH has been one of the most consistent and surest performers of the organization, more so than JBL, and deserves the victory here. Multiple title reigns and participation in big time angles trump JBL's yearlong dalliance with the main event. HHH moves on.

HHH wins easy. As has been said, JBL at his best still wasn't as good as HHH. I liked JBL's run as champ a lot, but it doesn't remotely compare to the career that was HHH's.

Triple H has beaten opponents of a far greater calibre than JBL, who entertaining as he was as champion, was a tag-team wrestler/low mid carder until suddenly was repackaged as thrown into the main event for a couple of years.

Triple H was dominating on Raw at the time of JBL being WWE champion on Smackdown and has had a far...FAR more successful career, climbing to the top of the business while JBL would never have had a sniff of the championship without th brand extention and shortage of main event level heels.

The only logical pick here is Triple H, he is on a level far above that of Bradshaw. He is that damn good

This is so easy. Of course HHH would win and it's not even close. Look, even if you follow my theory of "longevity doesn't matter when it's prime vs prime", JBL's prime doesn't TOUCH HHH prime. Without a doubt the World Title was booked more strongly while JBL was champion - Benoit/HHH/HBK/Jericho and a fast rising Orton/Batista >>>>> Undertaker/Guerrero/Booker T/Big Show and a rising Cena. The fact that HHH/Dave main evented over Cena/JBL says a lot.

And in NO WAY was this even Triple H's peak. This is a no brainer. Next round, be it Benoit or Foley, is gonna be super fun for HHH. Imo he would go out to Benoit and go over Foley so a lot rides on the winner of that match for HHH to make the last 16.

The only reason you were champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesday nights.

That pretty much sums up this match thank you Paul Heyman. Easy win for HHH.

Well that's a shame for JBL to have to go against HHH. Do I really need to say why this man is better than JBL? Quick recap: 13 times champion, one of the biggest heels in the business, amin evented a couple of times WM, has many classic matches and unlike JBL, HHH has actually beaten Cena to retain the title.

Triple H goes to the next round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back