WCW Region, NJ Subregion, Round 1: (5) Bruno Sammartino vs. (28) Larry Zbyszko

Who Wins This Match?

• Bruno Sammartino

• Larry Zbyszko

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, East Rutherford Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey

front.jpg

wwwf-wwf-bruno-sammartino-wrestling-dvd-4-hours-da56a.jpg

#5. Bruno Sammartino

Vs.

zbyszko.jpg

#28. Larry Zbyszko

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Ohohoho! Master and apprentice.

Bruno should take this. Classic case of everything Zybysko knows but not everything Sammartino knows. Should be a competitive match-up. Maybe a little slow for my taste as I have never been into Bruno's matches and have yet to see Zybysko take on anyone sans the name Eric Bischoff. Still I see a good match and a Bruno win.

So, pretty much this is Bruno vs. Bruno lite?

I have to think that the original will get a convincing victory here. Bruno Sammartino is one of the all time greats, Zbyszko, well...isn't. Even when you completely ignore the length of time Bruno held the WWWF title, this is a no-brainer. The master resoundingly beats the apprentice. If it wasn't for the personal animosity between Bruno and Vince McMahon, Sammartino would have been inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in the very first class. Instead of it being Andre the Giant, it would have been Andre and Bruno.

Bruno's career accomplishments can be discussed in the second round. What you need to know here is that this was an actual feud in the WWF in the New York/New Jersey region and Bruno came out on top. Zbyszko was Bruno's protege and as per usual in Zbyszko thought he surpassed his teacher. He was wrong. A past his prime Bruno was able to defeat Zbyszko back then and he's going to easily beat him in the first round of this tournament.

Bruno vs Bruno II...
I go with Sammartino.
It would be a GREAT back-and-forth match, I can see many false finishes, so many great maneuvers...
But Bruno Sammartino would take this one, either with a bearhug or a hammerlock.

I want to make an argument for Zbyszko since it will be in the WCW region, but I can't. Bruno should not be ranked this low to begin with, but a great match would end with Sammartino teaching the pupil a thing or two.

Bruno by win in convincing fashion. 24 minutes.

There's little to be said that hasn't been said. When Sammartino was over the hill, he was still able to beat his protege. In his prime it would have been a walkover, and there's little else to say. A man remembered for being Bruno Sammartino vs A man remembered for losing to Bruno Sammartino. An obvious outcome.

I didn't read any of the above posts so I don't know if it's been said, but this match should take place at Shea Stadium, lol. You have to give it to Bruno here without question. Let's go back to the 1963 when he was the WWF title and held it for 8 years, then had another 4 year title reign after. It's a damn shame he's not in the WWE hall of fame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back