WCW Region, NJ Subregion, Round 1: (12) Goldberg vs. (20) Jimmy Snuka

Who Wins This Match?

• Goldberg

• Jimmy Snuka

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, East Rutherford Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey

front.jpg

goldberg.jpg

#12. Goldberg

Vs.

imgjimmy%20snuka1.jpg

#21. Jimmy Snuka

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Throughout the '90's, Goldberg and his streak were untouchable. Goldberg was one of the WCW's top guys and is definitely a key figure in the Monday Night Wars. Jummy Snuka doesn't even really hold a candle to him. If both were in their respective primes, no way in hell Snuka goes over the baddest motherfucker in WCW. Sadly, Snuka would just play the role of a jobber and be number 64 on Goldberg's way to that 173 mark. Typical Goldberg squash, nothing even note worthy.

I've never been a Goldberg supporter but he should move on here. Snuka was something special in his prime but I can't see him winning here. He is an ideal first round opponent for Goldberg to get some momentum going before facing bigger challenges in later rounds. Snuka would get a little offense in but he's overmatched here.

I was a HUGE fan of Goldberg and followed the streak with bated breath, but Jimmy Snuka would take this one in my opinion.
Snuka is one of the best in WWE history. Goldberg's time in WWE bored me.
Jack-Hammer to Brock Lesnar! Goldberg wins at WMXX!
Yeah. Whatever.
Superfly Splash ends this one for the HOF'er class of '96.
The streak has ended. And not with a taser, either.

Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg!

Throughout his career, Goldberg made a name for himself by beating people up and picking up huge wins. Goldberg was an unstoppable force. I don't take anything away from Superfly, but he just wasn't as good as Goldberg during his prime.

I cant stand Goldberg (I don't really know why) and from looking through the other matchups i haven't seen any real shocking results so for what its worth at the end of this poll, I say Snuka to win this one.

That run by Goldberg was nothing short of spectacular, but once he lost, he never really bounced back in a meaningful way. He could still draw money, and I'm sure WCW booking played a huge role in his failure to rise again, but he really wasn't such a big deal after being tasered. Jimmy Snuka, on the other hand, was a loveable upper midcarder who absolutely drew money for years and years.

Basically, what ring this is in makes the difference. Had this been in a WWE ring, Sunka by super splash. But, alas, this is in a WCW ring with WCW booking. Talk about luck of the draw, it's hard to see Goldberg being stopped any time soon considering the region he's in.

Goldberg by Jackhammer. 14 minutes.

Goldberg really received a gift by being put into the WCW bracket. During his time in WCW, Goldberg was nearly unbeatable. To put this into perspective, Goldberg beat Hogan for the WCW belt clean. That alone justifies him going over Snuka here. Snuka mainly relied on his speed and high flying skill set to beat his opponents. Against Goldberg, his high flying moves would be nullified by the sheer strength Goldberg possessed. As entertaining as Superfly was, Goldberg is a whole new animal especially in a WCW ring.

Anyone remember WrestleMania VII? Of course you don't, stupid question.

Anyhow, that wasn't Snuka's prime, but does it matter? Goldberg was an absolute wrecking machine, and it would take a lot more than Snuka had to offer to bring him down. I have never been a huge fan of Snuka, so I'm sure that doesn't help his chances with me.

Goldberg.

Due to the WCW region, and if we were basing the match of both their primes, Goldberg would win this match, even though Snuka would give him a decent fight.

Even though Goldberg was somewhat overrated and recieved ricidulous booking throughout his entire career, the man was practically unstoppable in WCW. Even in WWE, fans were calling Brock Lesnar a Goldberg wannabe even before he debuted in WWE.

Goldberg was pinned what, six times in his WCW career? He should steamroll just about everyone in this region, and Jimmy Snuka is just going to be victim number one.

Spear followed by Jackhammer after about 5 to 7 minutes.

Goldberg wins this without question.

I see nothing special from Snuka that would be enough to stop Goldberg's usual dominance which is only stronger with being drawn in WCW. The place where Goldberg made a name for himself from simply dominating. I believe that Snuka's never been that strong in his career and that's not a knock to him because very few have been but Snuka's high flying style wouldn't stop Goldberg.

If I was looking at them in a match, and judging them purely on what I think would happen in the ring, then I think Goldberg would get the rub from Snuka. BUT, if I am judging them on who I think will leave the bigger legacy and who I think deserves to be higher in the judging of influential wrestlers throughout history, then Snuka wins with a splash.

I really don't know which way to swing. I think Snuka... just can't see the superfly being eliminated this early.

Goldberg in his prime steamrolled everyone, even wrestlers as good as, or better than, Jimmy Snuka.

It wouldn't be a standard Goldberg squash, but this is a guy who dominated Hulk Hogan to win the WCW World Title and went over a hundred matches undefeated. His explosive power, crowd support in the WCW region and intensity would be too much for Snuka to overcome.

I can't see any other outcome than a Spear/Jackhammer combo and a Goldberg victory.

Winner: Goldberg. Who's Next?

Goldberg wins this match and it's not even going to be close, or at least it shouldn't.

I was never a huge Goldberg fan but the guy was a beast. I do think his undefeated streak is heavily overrated, as much of his opponents were jobbers, but Goldberg rose to greater prominence & defeated guys far above any level that Snuka ever reached.

I see this match going along a similar route of Snuka's match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania VII in which Goldberg just utterly dominates him without even being taken off his feet. Goldberg takes this match in 3 to 4 minutes tops.

Aye, got to go with Goldberg. Snuka was immensely popular, but in a lot of his feuds he'd lose early on, then come back and get the win later. He does not have that luxury here. Ultimately, Goldberg just didn't lose to hardly anyone and those that did beat him tended to be crafty either through heel tactics or by being vastly superior technically. Snuka is neither and he doesn't have a chance.

Goldberg, the streak starts again with a squash match victory over the superfly. Goldberg is just too big, strong and powerful for snuka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back