WCW Region, Fourth Round, 3 Stages of Hell Match:(1) Steve Austin vs. (13) Batista

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Steve Austin

• Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a fourth round match in the WCW Region. It is a 3 Stages of Hell match, held at Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.

Philips_Arena.jpg

Rules: This match is the best 2/3 falls. The first fall is a street fight, the second fall is a ladder match and the third fall is a steel cage match with wins coming by pinfall, submission or escaping the cage.

SHOP.jpg

#1. Steve Austin

Vs.

Batista1.jpg

#13. Batista

Polls will be open for five days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I'm going to vote for Batista.

There are three main reasons for this.

1) When Batista was a face, he was booked incredibly strongly against other faces. He beat both John Cena clean at Summerslam 2008, and how many people can say that, and he also beat The Undertaker when he was the biggest face on Smackdown. When the chips were down against hugely over wrestlers, Batista was able to come up top.

2) Austin had some unconvincing results in all of these matches - losing to Chris Jericho in a cage, losing to the McMahons in a ladder match, never winning a street fight. I'm aware that Batista also has a patchy record, but the fact is, Austin is vulnerable here, and Batista has shown he can beat big stars in these kinds of matches.

3) Austin never really faced a credible powerhouse in his career. I'm not saying that Batista ever faced a similar wrestler to Austin in terms of calibre, but he certainly faced similar in terms of the style, and beat most of them.

I'm aware that Austin is a bigger name and draw than Batista, but you know what, so is John Cena, and when they were both faces on different brands it was Batista who beat Cena clean. In 2008. In a one on one match. I'd also say that whilst Batista was an inferior face to Austin, he was definitely more hated as a heel.

I feel like, possibly on purpose, WWE has let us forget the mystique of Steve Austin.

Saved the company. One of the biggest draws ever, even without adjusted dollars.

Batista was a huge deal, no doubt, but he was almost never "THE" guy. Always a headliner on a "B" show, never closed a WM (except to launch him) never, ever EVER sold a show as big as WM17 on his back the way they sold WM17 on Steve Austin's.

I feel like, possibly on purpose, WWE has let us forget the mystique of Steve Austin.

Saved the company. One of the biggest draws ever, even without adjusted dollars.

Batista was a huge deal, no doubt, but he was almost never "THE" guy. Always a headliner on a "B" show, never closed a WM (except to launch him) never, ever EVER sold a show as big as WM17 on his back the way they sold WM17 on Steve Austin's.

Pretty much this. Criteria wise...

Drawing power - Austin
Longevity - Batista
Consistency - Batista
Charisma - Austin
Accolades - Austin
In Ring Ability - Subjective. But chosing Austin
Overall Legacy - Austin

... Gotta go with Austin.

Kayfabe wise. Yeah, Austin did have some rough spots and Tista had some high spots. Like beating Cena. But Cena has lost allot more than Austin ever did. So it's hard to say. I'm more inclined to just go with the bigger star here and that's Austin.

Drink beer.

Cut a promo about Batista's belly button tattoo.

Drink beer.

Whoop some ass.

Drink more beer.

That is about how this would go. Austin takes fall one, Batista takes out Austin's knees in the process to gain fall two & Stone Cold hits a few stunners before walking out of the cage proudly wearing a crimson mask. That's all she wrote. Batista would lay in some good shots, but Austin can take the beating & come back no problem. It's fucking Stone Cold Steve Austin for god's sake. Dave was good for his time, but Austin has beaten better & it will take more than this to stop his advancement.

That Austin post Mania 98 was incredible. He took a ton of beatings and came right back and bam stunner! And well Austin has been in one 3 stages and lost by well a fluke because H and him both passed out and H landed on top of him. Tees has no experience.

Both were faces in their primes and this comes down to who has the bigger star and well...that means the rattlesnake takes this

Bye Bye Jackass!

This is WCW. The place that misused Steve Austin so badly that Austin would take all of his frustrations and turn them into the iconic WWE character we know him as today. The place that would take one look at Batista and say "You're hired."

But both superstars are in their prime, though and that was the only argument I could make for Batista. Austin beat more notable superstars. Austin was cheated out of his 3 Stages of Hell match and if I have to play the draw card for anyone it'd be Austin since there was one time the middle finger was synonymous w Stone Cold. Batista gets beat in Georgia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back