WCW Region, Baltimore Subregion, First Round: (15) Lex Luger vs. (18) Davey Boy Smith

Who Wins This Match?

• Lex Luger

• Davey Boy Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bulldog was a main event guy but never a full time one. He was there in some spots but it was never a long term deal. Luger was a multiple time world champion and was on the verge of being one in the WWF. I like Bulldog more, but at the same time Luger was more successful over his career. It's Luger, but I like Bulldog more.

I went with Davey Boy because I really feel this matchup should be a double countout or double DQ (did they have those in ECW?). These guys are too evenly matched in a contest that's too close to call.

I would give the edge to Bulldog for purely superficial reasons (I fucking hate Luger), but both of these guys deserve to be tied.

I am struggling to split these two. This tournament is throwing out some great matches and this is yet another!

Both men are powerhouses who made their name with their physiques. Both men should have been WWE Champion in their primes.

But I am going with Davey Boy, due to him having more technical ability than Luger as well as his power game, coming from the Hart Dungeon and all that.

Plus, I was borin in Wigan, UK...same as Davey Boy.

Winner: Davey Boy Smith, The British Bulldog.

Well, now that the brackets have been switched around, and this match is now in the WCW region instead of ECW, I have to change my thought process. Originally, I thought the British Bulldog would prevail, as he has underappreciated wrestling ability beyond the strength...but now that we are in WCW, I gotta switch it. Luger's success in WCW is undeniable. I hate having to switch from the Bulldog to Luger, but different region means different tactics, different rules. I have to keep an open mind about it. In ECW, Bulldog would win, in WCW, Luger wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back