WCW LA, Round 2, Match 3: #6 Eddie Guerrero vs. #27 Junk Yard Dog

Eddie vs. Dog

• Latino Heat

• JYD

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place int he WCW Region, where the ring and entrance are equal height, from LA, Ca.

#6. "Latino Heat" Eddie Guerrero
guerrero_e.jpg

vs.

#27. The Junkyard Dog
junkyarddog.jpg

Eddie is overrated, but he could put on a watchable match and had some good moments. JYD has never accomplished a thing that I can remember. Seriously, why is this guy a legend? He had a decent song with Grab Them Cakes. That's it. Eddie is just better and wins easily here, as I'm still trying to figure out the point of JYD.

Junkyard Dog was over, but never really won anything of significance. Guerrero won the vast majority of championships available to him in his career and is far too wiley to lose to a guy like Dog. I think Eddie is super overrated, but I don't think he'd have any trouble here.

Eddie is overrated

I agree 100%

JYD has never accomplished a thing that I can remember

He won the Mid-South Heavyweight title 4 times. He won the WWE's Wrestling Classic tournament by beating the Iron Sheik and Randy Savage in the same night.
Seriously, why is this guy a legend?

He has beaten other legends such as Ted Dibiase, Ernie Ladd, Ric Flair, and Jake Roberts. Next to Hulk Hogan he was probably the most over face in the WWE from 84-87.

JYD goes into this match as a very over face. Which makes Eddie the heel, correct?

That gives him not only the edge in ability, but the use of heel tactics. He won't need them, but they'll help. Eddie's time as a heel was the best of his career, and just makes it easier to vote for him. He may not be able to use 3 Amigos, but the Frogsplash will end it.

JYD goes into this match as a very over face. Which makes Eddie the heel, correct?

That gives him not only the edge in ability, but the use of heel tactics. He won't need them, but they'll help. Eddie's time as a heel was the best of his career, and just makes it easier to vote for him. He may not be able to use 3 Amigos, but the Frogsplash will end it.
Eddie used heel tactics even when he was a face though. That was his whole gimmick later in his career. He was known for "stealing" wins and I don't think this matchup would be any different. JYD was very over and very charismatic, but I don't think he had the wrestling skills to hang with Eddie Guerrero. Eddie was a former WWE champion and he won that title by defeating a monster in Brock Lesnar. JYD doesn't come close to Brock Lesnar in terms of strength, size, speed, or agility. So if Eddie can defeat Brock and than also go on to defend the belt against the man who many consider to be one of the best mat wrestlers in pro wrestling today, The Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle (at Wrestlemania no less), than I think he should be able to handle The Junk Yard Dog.

JYD was never worth a shit. While I agree that Guerrero was somewhat overrated, JYD isn't good enough to lace up Guerrero's boots. So JYD won some obscure WWF tournament back in 1985 and won a regional North American title in a second rate promotion ran by Bill Watts.

Guerrero was considerably more athletic and had more wrestling skill and ability in his big toe than good ol' Sylvester Ritter had in his entire 300 pound frame.

JYD would get a few headbutts in, which was basically his primary offensive weapon, and may land a few token power moves like a few slams and a couple of clotheslines but once Guerrero got the upper hand, it'd be all over with. One frog splash and this match is over in less than 5.

JYD isn't good enough to lace up Guerrero's boots.

Why is that?

So JYD won some obscure WWF tournament back in 1985

Obscure? This was only the second WWE pay per view ever. It was a big deal. And not only did JYD win, but he beat the Iron Sheik and Randy Savage in the same night.

and won a regional North American title in a second rate promotion ran by Bill Watts.

He won those 4 heavyweight titles during a time where Mid-South wrestling was far from a second rate promotion. He also won these titles beating guys like Ted Dibiase and Ernie Ladd, they are both better then Eddie Gurrero.

one frog splash and this match is over in less than 5

I highly doubt that. JYD has never lost a match in less then 5 minutes and he has faced much better competition then Guerrero.

Well let's see, how about the great matches that Guerrero had against Mysterio and Malenko in WCW? They weren't the main events, obviously, but were usually the best on the card. Guerrero had some great matches against Kurt Angle, including a clean win over Angle at WM for the WWE Championship.

Yes, obscure. It was a one time tournament that was never held again. The Iron Sheik is pretty overrated and he beat Randy Savage via count out. That's hardly making a statement of greatness. Beat one of the best of all time in the center of the ring, then I'd be impressed.

Bill Watts took what had basically been the NWA Tri-State promotion, which had been in operation since the early 1950s, founded by Leroy McGuirk, and ran it into the ground in less than 7 years. Ernie Ladd better than Eddie Guerrero??? Surely you jest. Ladd was little more than another big ex football player with no skill. As for DiBiase, this was far from DiBiase's glory days as the Million Dollar Man. This was during the days when Ted was just another guy, though up and coming, making his way through the territories. As I mentioned earlier, Guerrero won the WWE strap from Angle, cleanly. You're seriously going to say Ernie Ladd and DiBiase are better than Kurt Angle. C'mon Big Sexy, you're an intelligent guy. I'm not saying that Guerrero wasn't overrated. But you've got overrated, and then you've got the guys that carried Hogan's bags for him to and from the car.

Guerrero had some great matches against Kurt Angle, including a clean win over Angle at WM for the WWE Championship.

Everyone talks about the wins over Angle and Lesnar. You take away those two wins and he is nothing but a career mid-carder. JYD at least had an entire career where he was beating quality opponents.

The Iron Sheik is pretty overrated

No more overrated then Guerrero.

he beat Randy Savage via count out

It's not JYD's fault that Savage couldn't get back into the ring.

going to say Ernie Ladd and DiBiase are better than Kurt Angle

No, I'm saying that JYD had a more successful career and the list of guys he has beaten is more impressive then Guerrero's.

The reason everyone talks about them is because they were great matches. The list of guys JYD has beaten is more successful and he had a more successful career? Well let's see, I already mentioned Lesnar and Angle. There's also Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Edge, JBL, DDP, Rob Van Dam. I could go on of course. JYD is a guy that got semi-lucky once, winning an obscure tournament over Randy Savage via count out and had some title wins in a once great promotion that Bill Watts ran into the ground, and if putting JYD in the top spot on 4 occassions is any indication, it's little wonder it went under.

dI'm half tempted to vote JYD, but went with Guerrero anyway. JYD just was a nice strong midcarder, while Guerrero at least made an attempt into the main event, albeit an over rated title run with little to nothing that came from it. Guerrero wins, but hopefully he's done after this round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back