WCW La, Round 2, Match 4: #11 Jeff Jarrett vs. #22 Ultimo Dragon

Jarret vs. Dragon

• Double J

• Ultimo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place int he WCW Region, where the ring and entrance are equal height, from LA, Ca.

#11. The King of the Mountain Jeff Jarrett
promo_jarrett.jpg

vs.

#22. Ultimo Dragon
UltimoDragon.jpg

Dragon was more exciting, but Jarrett simply isn't going to lose here. I don't care what promotion you're in, Ultimo Dragon will not beat Jeff Jarrett, save for Japan MAYBE. Dragon's offense simply won't make sense on Jeff. He'd hit some big moves here and there, but Jarrett just outmoves him time after time before either the Figure Four or the Stroke ends this. Jarrett in a walk.

If Canek had made it, this would be Ultimo Dragon to win all the way, but it isn't. Jarrett is a multiple time world champion, and while Dragon acheived great things in WCW compared to his compatriots, he has never won a huge match in the US, and Jarrett, a competent all rounder would beat him on everything but pace, which I feel would be enough for the win.

Ultimo Dragon was highly overrated, in my opinion, and shouldn't have advanced here in the first place when he was matched against a far superior wrestler in Masato Tanaka. However, since he was, he now must lose to someone else who is far superior, and that of course is Jeff Jarrett.

Jeff Jarrett's a multi-time World Champ in multi different organizations here in the states. He's also just a flat out better, more entertaining worker. Hopefully Jarrett advances here like he should.

Unimpressed by footage of Ultimate Dragon - sorry, is it Ultimo? - I looked up his OWW article. I wasn't much impressed by that either. I suppose I was wrong when I said Jarrett would probably go out in Round 2. Round 3 it is then. Who is he facing; Sting?

I was hoping the shameless self promoter would go out in Round 1, and I was wrong. So, here's to hoping he exits stage right in Round 2.

Ultimo Dragon is simply too fast, and has too much for Jarrett to keep up with. Title reigns will make no difference here. I'm not saying Jarrett gets squashed, but Ultimo either wins based on talent, or wins when Double J pulls out the guitar, and gets DQ'd.

Heavyweights beat Cruiserweights. It's a fact. You show me an odd match where the cruiserweight has defeated the heavyweight and I'll show you ten the other way round.

To me, Jeff Jarrett will always be a good wrestler that's been put in spots that he's not really deserved. I've watched Jarrett from the beginning of his career and while I admit that he's been a pretty good worker over the course of his career, he's just never had that IT factor about him. At least, not for me anyway. For me, Double J was honestly Jarrett at his best. Yeah, I know it wasn't that much of a gimmick. I know it was kinda stupid but it's the only time after Jarrett made it big that I bought into him. I've never EVER bought him as this ultra tough badass that he tried to portray himself as in WCW. It was laughable. Jeff Jarrett doesn't have a mean bone in his body and it came across.

As for Ultimo Dragon, to me he's just another overrated cruiserweight that's "legendary" in Japan. I keep hearing that word tossed around a shitload whenever it's a topic featuring one of these Japanese wrestlers. Just like Jushin Liger, Ultimo's accomplishments have been almost exclusively within the cruiserweight ranks. Maybe it's a cultural thing, I dunno, but cruiserweights as a whole just haven't been able to get it done in most major wrestling promotions in America.

While I think both are very overrated, I have to admit that Jarrett is much more well known here and is a decent worker overall in the ring. Ultimo is fast and very agile, the typical best attributes of all the cruiserweight heroes. While I don't think he deserved most of them, Jarrett is a multi-time World Heavyweight Champion. I have to give it to him.

Ultimo Dragon is overrated he did do quite well in wcw but Jarrett would simply outsmart him no matter how fast Ultimo Dragon is Double J is a multiple time world champion Dragon is overrated. Jarrett hits the stroke for the win.

Dragon isn't over rated. To hold as many titles as he has (I think he got to ten at one time, but I'm not sure if that is legit or not) says a lot. The problem though, cruiserweight wrestling, especially stateside, just isn't seen as a legit form of being a bad as enough in this business. If this tournametn was on a mexican board, then Dragon probably finishes in the sweet sixteen. I take the ten time former World's Champion over a cruiserweight champion any day of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back