Iron Sheik vs. Psicosis

• Iron Man

• Psycho

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region under WCW Rules, from LA, Ca. The ring and entrance are equal height.

#19. The Iron Sheik
sheiky.png

vs.

#46. Psicosis
psicosis2sb7.jpg

Psicosis is dead in the water here. Sheik was more than just the guy that jobbed to Hogan in 5 minutes for the title. The thing is, he had to have the title to lose it. He was also a tag champion and Olympic wrestler. Psicosis hasn't done anything in America and while he's a big deal in Mexico, Sheik's power is way too much and the crazy one is humbled.

Agreed. Even though the Sheik only had the title for roughly a month, he still had it. While the Sheik wasn't really a great technical wrestler, he was a legitimately great athlete and, pound for pound, was probably one of the strongest men in the business during the 1980s. Psicosis is much faster and more agile, but all the Sheik would have to do is get hold of him one good time, slam him to the mat, lock in the Camel Clutch and that's pretty much it. Game over, it's Miller time.

I really liked Psicosis' work in WCW, and he probably had something to do with me wanting to watch Lucha Libre, as WCW cruiserweights was always a favourite section of wrestling shows for me.

However, The Iron Sheik would outpower him. He may have lost in 5 minutes to Hogan, but there is no great shame in that. He is the man who ended Bob Backlund's six year reign, which is impressive to say the least. Psicosis would get some offense in, but Sheik would catch him off the top rope or something and get the win.

Psicosis was an enjoyable cruiserweight to watch back during the Monday Night wars. He never was the focal point of the division, but his ridiculous mask was very noticeable and hard to forget. He was pretty good of an american version of a lucha as far as I'm concerned,b ut it didn't translate to success.

Iron Sheik, pretty much the walking definition of transitional champion. We need Hogan to be the Champion, but we can't have him beat Bob Backlund for it, so let's slap the belt ont eh foreigner. Essentially, that's the Sheiks title reign in a sentence. However the guy was over as a monster foreign heel capitalizing on the Iranian Hostage Crisis, an dlter the first Persian Gulf War. The Sheik would make Psicosis humble in the Camel Clutch.

I like Psicosis' wrestling ability as he is a great cruiserweight wrestler but I personally think that The Iron Shiek blows his ass out of the water with the power game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back