Yokozuna vs. Earthquake

• Yoko

• Quake

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region under WCW Rules from Houston, TX. The ring entrance and ring are equal height

#10. Yokozuna
yokozuna2.jpg

vs.

#55. Earthquake
Earthquake_Bio_0002.JPG

I'll take Yokozuna; Earthquake is a little fatser but Yoko is a decent athlete for his size. Plus the Bonzai drop is alot for devasting than earthquakes splash. Plus Mr.Fuji is alot more devious than Jimmy Hart. Which IMO would play a big role and Yoko knows what it takes to be champ.

Yoko would dominate Earthquake in this match. Yokozuna makes Earthquake look like a normal sized person. You have to account for Mr. Fuji on the outside as well. I say that a big Bonzai drop ends this ugly contest after about six minutes. Though, if Quake were able to topple 'Zuna, he'd have a serious shot at winning.

I think Yokozuna has this one quite easily. All of the things that would usually work in Earthquake's favour aren't present because Yokozuna matches or better them in every way. They're both too slow for any pace differential to matter, and Yokozuna would dominate this match up and get a quick win.

These two did have a match once and it was Yokozuna, still at only 505lbs so by far his best shape, winning with relative ease. Quake got some shots in but couldn't get Yoko down. It was pretty much one sided after teh first minute or so and it was all Japan.

Yokozuna dwarfs Earthquake here if that's the right analogy. Only way Earthquake has a chance is if Yokozuna makes a mistake and gets off his feet but I don't see that happening as 'Zuna beats 'Quake.

Yoko is the superior shw. He will easily get earthquake off his feet, but the same cannot be said for earthquake getting Yoko off his feet. I see Yoko slamming Earthquake a few times, then Bonsai dropping him for a relativity easy win.

Yoko in a squash :lmao: Sorry, the pun made me laugh.

Earthquake was good, but he wasn't ever what Yokozuna was, even for a short time. They'll probably knock each other around a little, but once Yoko has Quake off his feet, it's a Banazai Drop and a pin for the Samoan/Japanese sumo "champion".

Gotta go Yoko. Yoko has this one. Earthquake will get his fair share of shots in. But once Yoko gets him down, hits him with a big leg drop, and then the drag to the corner to finish him off with a little Bonzai Drop.

Earthquake vs. Yokozuna

[youtube]NCpobqQKLB8[/youtube]
[youtube]U6XPdyFZwO8[/youtube]
[youtube]X2istQBHU20[/youtube]

Yokozuna vs. Hulk Hogan

[youtube]71q5mLZUo_s[/youtube]​

Both big men at their peaks. Hogan couldn't finish Earthquake, but he could beat Yokozuna. Easily I might add. In the rematch Yokozuna only won because of a rogue photographer.

Vote Earthquake.

Jake, that's hardly fair. Didn't Yokozuna just finish beating Bret Hart? Earthquake was fresh, Hogan was fresh, Yokozuna had just wrestled a match against one of the greatest ever and was tired. Yokozuna would crush Earthquake.

Right, but this was also Hogan's second match of the night. Also note the stitches in his eyebrow. He'd been in an accident the evening before. So overall it seems like an even playing field to me.

I also made mention of the King Of The Ring match. Two fresh guys and Yoko could only win with help.

Also note how much muscle he'd lost sice his match with Earthquake.

Earthquake, easily. Not gonna lie, but Yokozuna was about as boring to me as a champion as anyone that I have ever watched. I was never overly impressed with the guy. He was made into this grand champion, and the only reason he was champion is because Hogan left, that's it. He beat up a roster full of career mid carders at best, and had trouble with the Undertaker his entire career. Quake made guys like Warrior and Hogan fear him, which is more then what I could say Yoko did.

On one of the WWF's old home videos, Yokozuna readily did away with Earthquake. Admittedly, this was during the time when Earthquake was a face, but, still, I can't get that match out of my head. Also, during his prime and his nearly year-long title run, Yokozuna was pretty much unstoppable.

Pick: Yokozuna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back