Was the Undertaker set up to win the world title in late 2010

Robert Roode Fan

Occasional Pre-Show
As everyone remembers Kane had a big fued with Taker over the world title. Undertaker as I remember got injured right before Bragging Rights 2010.

He lost the match to Kane at Bragging Rights in a buried alive match and vanished until Mania season.

So my question to you is what do you think would have happened if Undertaker had not been injured?

That storyline was rushed. Taker could have won Hell in a Cell after Bearer's return. Bearer could have turned on him at Bragging Rights. Having Nexus interrupt that match made no sense. Plus, Taker losing consecutively kinda sucked. Not that he lost anything from it, but as a viewer it kinda sucked IMO. The whole storyline was not good. We all knew Kane was the guy who attacked Taker. Then Bearer returns, just to turn on Taker in two weeks. Taker should have won at least one match in their feud.

As everyone remembers Kane had a big fued with Taker over the world title. Undertaker as I remember got injured right before Bragging Rights 2010.

He lost the match to Kane at Bragging Rights in a buried alive match and vanished until Mania season.

So my question to you is what do you think would have happened if Undertaker had not been injured?

Well the Smackdown roster was pretty weak at that point. To make up for Taker's loss, WWE turned Edge face and moved him back to Smackdown just to fill the empty spot.

The top heels on Smackdown would have been Kane, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler, and those last two were stuck in IC title scene.

The roster was so weak, that even though Del Rio was feuding with Rey at the time, WWE decided to combine that feud with Edge/Kane to made it a Fatal-4-Way at TLC.

After that, WWE moved Dolph up the card and gave him a push against Edge for the World title. I'm guessing the same would have happened had Taker stuck around. Taker beats Kane for the title, and feuds with Dolph Ziggler for Royal Rumble.

I think they were building towards an Undertaker vs. Alberto Del Rio match at WrestleMania. Remember, Triple H was supposed to feud with King Sheamus in a King vs. King match at WrestleMania, so it would have been in the cards.

Del Rio wins the Rumble, challenges Taker for the World title, and makes it seem like it's his destiny to end the streak. He fails though, just like he did anyway when he faced Edge. Anticlimactic? Sure. But it was never the plan to give Del Rio the WrestleMania win.

That whole Undertaker/Kane storyline was frustrating to me. It was rushed, had good ideas in it, but nothing played out as well as i thought it would. They kept referring to the Undertaker as a vegetable! Wait, what? Ooooh he was found in a vegetative state, so he wasn't a vegetable. Wait, vegetative? Does that mean he was beaten up by vegetables? Or did he overdose on too many vegetables?.......I think I got off topic...... ANYWAYS! There's a good chance the original plan was for him to eventually win the World Title, but with injuries mounting up, they couldn't rush him back like they did many times in the past. It was time for the Deadman to become the one time, big wrestlemania attraction that he has. Damn, has it really been four years sense that story line? Wow time fly's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back